2225 patch question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fart2000

did i do that?
Aug 28, 2001
front row center
Visit site
i play instagib a lot and i recently just installed the new patch. Is it me or am i noticing more shot lag now? My ping seems to be lower, but i swear my shot is slower.

Anyone else notice this?
If so, how did you tweak it to get it back to "normal"?

i may reinstall w/out the newest patch.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Not sure. I notieced my online LTG needs a little bit more lead, though the rest feels ok... I got a new connection/address about the same time the patch came out, and I was figureing it was the connection.

Could be something to do with the patch. You can always re-install with the patch and find out. Or just patch back, run an old patch over the current install. If you hose it you were going to reinstall anyways...

Then patch up again if you weren't happy.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Knowing where the server is is Key!(location)

the 2225 patch isn't showing the right pings. I've played on an east coast server that shows me at 110-130 ping, this isn't true. it's more like 140-160, and in IG you can actually feel the difference in ping, it's not quite as obvious in Weapons. (now guys don't get your pants in a knot, I said "not quite as obvious", saying it can be felt but not to the same degree )

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
yes but i believe peoople make beta patchs and stuff like that higher than 2225. Dont ask me where, i am clueless

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
actually, a lot of servers I think are doing the max client rates at 7000...

Regardless, Latency vs Lagginess, I don't get much lag. Latency is just distance from the server usually. Try finding out where servers are if that seems to be your main prob. Packetloss, and jumpiness may be a different problem.