PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak Screens

ZedMaestro
29th Jun 2003, 06:45 AM
I was just playing UTJB, and I was in jail for "quite a while" (!), and to pass the time I spent the long minutes observing the in-jail screens, like the maps on the walls and by looking through the monitors at various areas of the map.

It led me to wonder how these very useful features are made, and whether it could be possible that they could be coded such that it would be easy for a mapper to insert into their map.

Firstly, will the screens and monitors return, and secondly can they be coded so that others can easily put them in their maps, or could there be a tutorial as to how to place these.

Thanks

Mychaeel
29th Jun 2003, 07:01 AM
Those screens are based on the Screen Component (http://www.planetunreal.com/screen/) which is freely available and works for any game type, not just Jailbreak.

Jailbreak 2003 has a minimap in its scoreboard (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/misc/jailbreak2003-scores-5.jpg) already, but I think we'll also add a possibility for mappers to add minimap screens "on the wall" again.

ZedMaestro
29th Jun 2003, 10:23 AM
Excellent, and by the way the scoreboard looks so cool! :)

Trueblood
29th Jun 2003, 12:29 PM
Very groovy...but i hope you can 'Toggle' that during play. Looks to me like it fills alot of the screen.
BTW is it possible to use the screen to focus on the 'player in the lead'? Say if I was Dominating and i was top with the most frags (no silly comments please ;) ) On the screen would be me from 3rd person view...like in arena. Is this too much info for the screen or is the screen Text and pictures only?
Just abit of wishfull thinking

Mychaeel
29th Jun 2003, 12:37 PM
Very groovy...but i hope you can 'Toggle' that during play. Looks to me like it fills alot of the screen.It's the scoreboard. Yes, you can toggle it. Just imagine what'd happen if you couldn't toggle the standard scoreboard of UT2003 Deathmatch or team games. ;)BTW is it possible to use the screen to focus on the 'player in the lead'? Say if I was Dominating and i was top with the most frags (no silly comments please ;) ) On the screen would be me from 3rd person view...like in arena. Is this too much info for the screen or is the screen Text and pictures only?Nice thought (if I understand it correctly).

Mulch_D
29th Jun 2003, 11:17 PM
Cool, now all need is Maya to work and I'll be set.