ut2003 adsl problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

crash test

Jun 28, 2003
armidale
Visit site
ive been playing ut2003 for a while and ive just got adsl

the problemb is that whenever i play now the game keeps setting isdn instead of adsl,it allso changes netspeed to 10000 whitch stuffs my ping it even dose this when the maps change and in game

i spend half of the time going into settings to change it back because it stuffs my ping. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and added the latest patch but its no good.

any suggestions?

dag

Red Penguin
Jul 20, 2002
Sweden
I can't help you much since I uninstalled ut2003 some time ago but I think your best bet is to edit the ut2003.ini manually.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
you can change your netspeed from the console. The command is 'netspeed xxxx' you could also bind it to a key if it keeps changing and also turn off dynamic netspeed.

crash test

Jun 28, 2003
armidale
Visit site
thanks guys
have been changing back netspeed from console but it continuasly changes it back, dynamic is turned off and that dosnt seem to be a prob.ill try to edit the ini manually although im not sure what to do ill try to find out,do you have any tips on what to do in the ini files to stop it changing thanks again

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
In User.ini , under the section [Engine.PlayerController] , you have a line bDynamicNetSpeed= , set it to False.

In UT2003.ini , under the section [Engine.Player], you have the line ConfiguredInternetSpeed=. This should be set to 10 000 by default if you configure for using ADSL.

crash test

Jun 28, 2003
armidale
Visit site
thanks for the info i tryed both of those but still have a prob

settings will still keep adsl and netspeed will stay on 10000 but i get very high ping when in game it just climes to 1000 and stays there

so to stop this i change netspeed to 5000 and its ok for about five mins then it switches back to isdn and 10000 netspeed i keep swapping it back and fouth and so dose the program" me and the program just dont agree" the ideal settings seem to be adsl netspeed 4000to 5000 its the only settings that will run ok

so even if i change settings in ini file ,in game it will set it back to defult adsl netspeed settings in game

is there any whay i can lock netspeed at 5000 and use adsl because if i go back to ini file it has set it back to defult settings or do i have a prob with my adsl connection becuse i should be able to play using adsl and 10000 net without probs

i cannot understand why my ping climbs to 1000 on defult netspeed