PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Ideas 4: The Explodining

ShibbyMaster
26th Jun 2003, 01:52 PM
Wow, a fourth remake of the ever popular general weapon ideas thread, you know the guidelines by now kids, so play nice.

...on second thought, don't play nice.

Go-go Railball! - Simple, brutal lil number. Drop a ball somewhere that waits 10 seconds, then sprays classic WL railgun shots in every direction. Hello Monster kill! :D

Parser
26th Jun 2003, 02:38 PM
I'll make a news post about this... :)

{Terminator}
27th Jun 2003, 02:56 AM
if you haven't made the Rail-Ball make it! sounds great.

Guardian945
28th Jun 2003, 08:46 AM
The Tentacle Painter(use's the ion cannon model) :
Primary- Shoots an ion cannon beam, but instead of holding it for 5 seconds (or whatever it is) you hold it for 1.5 or 2 secs and then a huge tentacle comes out of the ground and swings it's self around 4 times with the radius of about 25 feet doing the following damage. 1st time around: 100 2nd time around: 120 3rd time around:75
4th time around: 45

Secondary: Zoom.

Physic Mind Blast (use's a hand model or a shieldgun model):
Primary- Shoots little blue link gun primarys out from your hand.

Secondary: Charge up fully to make a green ion cannon blast come down and shoot all around you, but not hurt you.

That's it for ideas this morning (very tired :o ) I'll post more (if I have any) later.

Haidain
29th Jun 2003, 11:40 PM
bouncing betty...mines....mortars
they allserved their purposes in wars
personally I love em..

what if someone did a mod to modify a grenade or a secondary fired flak shell..to explode in a delayed fashion or explode when someone came near it? but had the destructive force of a bouncing betty or mortar or the like? or maybe a whole new weapon primary fire allows them to explode as room cleaners.. right away.. secondary fire fires it so its delayed or waits for enemies to get near... that i think would be cool. .fire and forget? monster kill time....

Radiosity
30th Jun 2003, 05:36 AM
The secondary fire on the Assault Rifle has been modified so that it fires a floating mine with the destructive potential of a very big bomb in the weapon package I'm working on now :)

Swift Viper
30th Jun 2003, 11:47 AM
In the poll, it sounds like anyone that does not like overkill weapons is a loser :( . For the sake of what overkill I like, it would have to be WeaponLord. But as for my ideas:

Miniflamegun: A cross bewteen a minigun and flame-thrower. Normal fire works like UT Minigun's normal fire, while alt fire is a flame-thrower steam.

Crystal Launcher: Basicly a rocket launcher that shoots crystals that blows up on impact ;) .

Laser Minigun: A 12-barraled (spelling?) minigun with six on each side. Normal fire sprays lasers at a high rate of fire and alt fire shoots a laser out of each barral, a 12 shot, but is slower.

Hammersaw: The name is not very good, but this weapon is a cross between the Impact Hammer and Chainsaw, the usefulness of both weapons. Normal fire is the normal chainsaw attack and alt fire is the normal impact hammer's attack.

Lightning Rifle: Normally, lightning guns are the bolt that you aim on someone or the one of UT2k3 where it makes a single powerful attack. This weapon puts the goodness of both in here and has three firing modes, one for the bolt, one for the powerful beam and the last for zooming. Name could have used some work ;) .

Skull Seeker: Shoots floating evil looking skull heads that will chase you around for a few seconds, if there is no target in slight, it will go after you :ekk: . 2nd fire charges up a bigger skull.

That is all of my ideas for now, may edit this post later with more. I just wish there were more new ideas for weapons nowadays, not the same old weapons all the time :( .

Parser
30th Jun 2003, 02:00 PM
These are some great ideas :tup:
I'll probably think about using some of them for the next release of WeaponLord2003... or perhaps another pack for UT1... hmm...
Anyway, keep 'em coming!

Swift Viper
30th Jun 2003, 05:58 PM
These are some great ideas :tup:
I'll probably think about using some of them for the next release of WeaponLord2003... or perhaps another pack for UT1... hmm...
Anyway, keep 'em coming!
I'm not called a Idea Robot for no reason ;) . Now for more random ideas:

Rocket Chunk Launcher: Name could use some work. This weapon shoots out bomb chunks flak style, but they blow up on impact and fall down. Alt fire charges up more of them. I know, alt fire could have been used on normal fire, but I was lazy ;) .

Spear Impact Hammer: Simply a cross between a long spear and Impact Hammer. Works the same as normal Impact Hammer, with much longer range.

Pipe Launcher: Shoots out pipes that can stick in people for a few seconds doing extra damage. Alt fire shoots out rolling pipes.

Minicrossbow: A cross bewteen a minigun and crossbow. Shoots allows at a very high rate of fire.

Glass Cannon: Works exactly like Flak Cannon, only it looks different ;) .

Shotbow: A cross bewteen a shotgun and crossbow. I know, lots of crossing, but can allow for nice weapons, like how the Flak Cannon is a shotgun with non-hitscan chunks that bounce and Greande Launcher that breaks into five chunks. Normal fire shoots them at semi-automatic rate while alt fire is slower, but shoots more.

I'm starting to run out of ideas :( .

BTW, nice news to hear ;) .

ShibbyMaster
2nd Jul 2003, 02:13 PM
Spear Impact Hammer: Simply a cross between a long spear and Impact Hammer. Works the same as normal Impact Hammer, with much longer range.

Impact Lance would be a better name, but I'm picky. :p

An addition for the Glass cannon(though I've heard that idea alot....):Normal fire being normal fire...but wait...secondary fire makes the chunks glow with a blinding lightblob! now that would be new! :D

Sometimes, you just gotta kill things:

Ammo Barrel: a simple steel barrel, filled with ammo.Primary drops a pack of ammo, generally used to resupply teammates.Secondar throws the entire barrel, causing(you guessed it) mass chaos where it lands! Yay!

I will be back with more useless/stupid/fun/ridiculous ideas soon, adios!

Swift Viper
3rd Jul 2003, 09:41 AM
Impact Lance would be a better name, but I'm picky. :p

An addition for the Glass cannon(though I've heard that idea alot....):Normal fire being normal fire...but wait...secondary fire makes the chunks glow with a blinding lightblob! now that would be new! :D

Sometimes, you just gotta kill things Impact Lance does sound like a better name and your not really being pickly as the name can sometimes be important. Yeah, you just have to kill things in anyway you can sometimes (pulls out nukemag). It would be cool if there was a map where you kill tons and tons of enemies with overkill weapons :) .

I know, no ideas for now, could edit later, I'm running out of ideas :( .

Radiosity
4th Jul 2003, 12:25 PM
It would be cool if there was a map where you kill tons and tons of enemies with overkill weapons

Funny you should mention that......;)

{Terminator}
6th Jul 2003, 05:15 AM
Pinball Rocket Launcher. Pehaps with DING! sounds on rebounds. maybe 5-10 bounces or so?

Parser
6th Jul 2003, 05:48 AM
That's been done by Darkness's Apocalypse Weapons, as far as I know... please don't make me responsible for ripping ideas, I need nice, new, fresh ones.

{Terminator}
6th Jul 2003, 05:58 AM
k. i'll hunt for that now.

how about a flak redeemer? the redeemer explosion includes hundreds of flak pieces.

sludge grenades
rocket launcher secondary fires the normal grenades but when they explode lots of sludge flies everywhere.

metalhead74
6th Jul 2003, 12:15 PM
the storm cannon : it work like the ion painter except........ok heres how it works.primary fire you pick up the gun press primary to zoom in, (this has twice the zooming power of the lightning gun) when you see someone in your zooming lens, press primary again to paint them. (then comes the speical effects) After you paint them, the whole sky turns black and cloudy, then a giant bolt of lightning instantly kills the person you painted. After the person has been smited, the sky goes back to normal.

secondary fire press this, and the whole sky turns black and cloudy, (again) lots of lightning bolts come down from the sky. every one has a 50/50 chance of getting hit, even you!

Haidain
17th Jul 2003, 10:17 PM
going on the flame thrower idea

how about primary fire ..fires bolts of flaming goo that sticks to things.. napalm...secondary fire does what the secondary fire of the biorifle does.. sucks it up and unleashes a large fiery bolt that heat seeks out multiple targets and explodes apart if they go in different directions

i dunno.. more fun that way

ummmm

nuke grenade..small nuclear explosion.. maybe 64x64x64..primary explodes on contact after bouncing.. secondary explodes but tosses fragmentations around to about 1024x1024x1024...

depleted uranium thrower..primary fire shoots depleted uranium rounds ..secondary fire allowsyou to transfer said rroundages to other weapons so that you can blast someone away with depleted uranium covered flak shells...ummm

Razor Back
similair to the original discus thrower of the UT 1 era.. but primary throws electricaly charged discs that electricute an opponent.. while the secondary fire implodes on contact with a surface and a ball of energy and lightning bolts shoots out. .the ball erupts to about 64x64x64..while the rods of lightning reach twice that or something

and my original.. bouncing betty..nails or flak peices explode out of a canister on contact in primary. .secondary allowsthe canister to be lobbed and explodes when touched or soemone comes near it

or... hmm in allthe regalia of Diablo 2((props to Blizzard)) a gun that launches iceballs that freeze an opponent..or..slowsthem down.. secondary fire launches a bigger one that spins and unleashes razor sharp bolts of ice that slice and dice an opponent

i dunno
those are offthe top of my head

{Terminator}
18th Jul 2003, 03:08 AM
Shadow gun:

Primary shoots out screaming ghost like wraiths straight ahead, pretty fast, but not instant hit.

Secondary fires homing wraiths, requires no lock on perhaps a bit slower.

Idea comes from shadowman - n64, ps1 etc - good sh*t scary game

terrenblade
19th Jul 2003, 04:24 AM
so, I join the board, go throught the reg and everything, to make one post. or more then one if peeps have questions.
Now, I guess I should start with Ideas. but where to begin...

Beam Rifle:
Primary Fire:
Fire a single long blue beam at 0.75 second delay the tip blue faiding to white at the tail. mid-low dmg(damadge) 20 point max per hit, moves at 1.5* the speed of a rocket

Secondary Fire:
Single large beam, no trail, same delay, small explosive radeaus same delay normal speed = that of rocket
Modal: Plasma rifle or Shock rifle

Bomb
Primary Fire:
Lob a short range explosive which stops all attacks except shockwaves, it will stop a redeamer but the shockwave will kill you. shaped like a socker ball in red and white. 7 dmg per second, lasts for 5 seconds

Secondary Fire:
Same bomb droped at your feet, with no dmg to you. (If you cant make it deal no dmg to player, have it only stop weaponeffects)

Modal: A hand holding a 'nade (Granade)

Beam Saber
Primary Fire:
Swings the sword across your vew, emiting a blue cresent paralel with the ground, this beam destroys projectiles it encounters, and travles at normal speed. deals 15 Dmg
Secondary Fire:
Swing the sword in a Wide arc 270 deals 50 dmg range 20" should have a solid blue energy field extending to this range during the swing.
Moddle: a single handed sword with a green gem at the cross peace and no gaurd

Rage Hammer
Primary Fire:
Launch the hammer at the nearest target in LOS, hit deals 30 DMG, hit or miss the hammer then returns to the owner, to be fired again. 1/4 speed of rocket but homing
Secondary Fire:
Same as primary fire, Except the hammer is guided like a redeamer. fual limit of 80 seconds? nasty camper weapon, no muzzle flash.
Modal: A green sphere, grows nasty spikes when fired

Fireball
Primary Fire:
Large orange ball of flame, disapates at 479 metres. target is set aflame, also burns flamables in splash 30m, slow speed 1/2 rocket
Secondary Fire:
Smaller spheres of orange, wont disapate or splash, target is set aflame and takes 10 extra dmg from hit. fast speed 2* that of rocket.
Modal: any

Phalanx
Prime fire:
Launch 8 balistic rockets forward in 2 rows with large explosions when they hit the ground, or wall, or player. 30 dmg for derect hit. normal speed. First rocket should land 20 metres in front of player

Secondary Fire:
All 8 rockets in a ring around you.

Stream Reaver
Prime fire:
The sword splits with an arc of energy between the tips when it reaches 180 (a straight line | to --) the energy solidifies in a bar shape and launches forward at fast (*2 rocket) speed. Good dmg 25, poor cooldown rate 1 second.

Secondary Fire:
a closer range sword slash then the beam sword. knocks back foes a good bit however 30 dmg. knock back twice that of rocket. no cooldown but takes 1.5 seconds to finish attack
Modal: same as beam sword, difrent color

Dispersion shot
Prime Fire: Pink orb 4 times the size of plama. good speed Fast ROF (.2 second). 4 dmg +1 for each shot that hits in a row. First shot 4 second 5 third 6. (dont know if that can be done... would rock though)

Secondary Fire: Smaller orb, with 4 orbs orbiting it, along axis with it's flight path. the small orbs track any player to come near the sphere after 1 second of flight time. good RoF normal speed. 8 dmg for full hit -2 for each missing small orb
modal: a short pistol of some kind.

Homing Shot
Prime: a big white homing shot, tracks nearist player at fast speed. 30 dmg slow reload. poor homing abilitys

Secondary: 18 of smaller homing shots track all foes in vew dealing 3 dmg per hit moving verry fast.
Modal: redeamer with white energy insted of missle.

Rolling Napalm
Prime: a wave of flame from the player forward, follows the ground. 8 dmg per second, sets things on fire. (I'm getting sleepy here, going to grab a dew and take a short break....fealing much better now, lets rock) range 800M hight 8M should stop at solid objects higher then it is, else roll over them, with 16M which is possably to wide...

Secondary: BIG orb of flame, 3M or so, splashes when it hits things but continues untell it hits something Bigger then it is. should lose size everytime it hits something small, LARGE explosion when it hits, should be good for 10 small hits, of 1M splash rad, meaning 10M main splash raid, not a CC weapon :)

Shock Cluster
Prime: 3 small 'nades thrown forwards, each 'nade links to the outhers with a small lightning bolt, and towards any outher 'nade within 5M of itself. the bolts flash every 3 seconds for 2 dmg, but deal 8 dmg when they cross and each 'naid has the power for (I hate saying that) 4 charges.

Secondary: same 3 'nades but when they detect a player within range they 'explode' delivering a short 1 second electro flash to the target within the 2M range, dealing 1 dmg per 0.1 second. 20 second limit before auto det.
Modal: it's a 'naid what do you think it looks like

Homing pack
Prime: 6 ripple fireing seaker rockets, .1 second between each launch then desplay loading sequance for all 6 rockets. each rocket has perfict seaking ability, but the weapon must lock on before they will launch. 10 dmg each hit the rockets are destroyed by weapon fire
Modal:the rocketlauncher with green tip rockets
Secondary: the same 6 rockets are Force launched in a tight pack, 1-4 separation on each.

Cluster- Full Blast Attack Rockets(C-FUBAR)
Prime: A normal rocket baradge. on impact, it deals no dmg however 10 cluster munitions are released at a 45 cone from the launch access each cluster munition deals 8 dmg and the launcher can load to 6 as normal.
Secondary: these rockets release the cluster munitions forwards insted.
Alt secondary: (I realy like this one but have no where to put it) when you press the secondary fire button again, the rockets explode releasing cluster munitions in a 45 downward cone
Modal: it's the rocket launcher this time yellow rockets
Note: yes I know what the name means. and if some one hits you with a full rack of secondary you are :)

Stun Shock cannon
Prime: Fires one stun shock every .3 seconds each one stuns players for .2 seconds and deals 1 dmg. They travle at very fast speed (*2.5 that of a rocket)

Secondary: A beam lances from the barral of the weapon dealing masseve dmg, the beam is instant to 20M but stuns foes caught in it's area of effect, stay in the area long enugh and the stun effect becomes permanent.
Modal: plasma gun

Floating mine
Prime: Launches a persistent floating bomb every second this bomb will avoid walls and explosions to hit it's target, it moves at slow speed and is easy to out run or destroy with a shot. the mine is 1/4 Avrage human size and has 10 HP it is destroyed by contact with a wall or player dealing all 30 dmg within it's splash range.

Secondary: The mine orbits the player who fired it, deals no dmg on destruction and blocks any shot that hits it. it moves to intersept homing attacks and scoped sniper shots.
Modal: redeamer with a mine replacing the nuke.

Ring laser
Prime: A ring shaped laser weapon, it shoots rings which expand to 1M raidus circles. 2 dmg per hit. normal fire speed. however any energy weapon which hits the ring is absorbed negating it's effect and adding 1/2 it's dmg to the laser, this is not effecteve on instant shots or rockets.

Secondary: A ring forms around the player, bobing up and down deflecting energy attacks and splash dmg. the ring takes 2 ammo per second and deals 10 dmg to any player within 0.75M of the player. any dmg dealt to or by the ring takes 10% of the dmg delt from the ammo reserve
Modal: plasma gun or 'teched up' flak cannon.

Orbital Launcher
Prime:Launches a pair of 'bits which orbit the player fiering at any foe who enters LOS inside of the 500M range. the bits attack with mini gun/shock rifle/plasma if the player has ammo for the weapon inventoryed and is not using the weapon, however the ammo consumed is *2 normal and bits only use primary fire. if no ammo is avalible they use plasma fire at 1/2 normal ROF and DMG. if the weapon is used while bits are active, they deactavate. Any dmg will destroy a bit in this mode.

Secondary: Launches a 'bit in hunter mode, it will attack any foe who comes within 200M persewing him relentlessly untell destroyed. 'bits have 30 HP, a permanant 10 armor, and no head. bits in this mode will take half the players bullets, shockrifle charges, and plasma charges. this weapon becomes a normal bit pickup when it runs out of ammo
Modal: The Translocator and a pair of 'bits resting on the players arm, perhaps use a tricorder like skin for the Translocater.
Notes: 'bit is short for Orbital. This looks over powered to me but I know it will be fun. The Orbital Launcher should come with 4 Ammo for 'bits and 30 for the outher weapons used. Oh and feal free to replace/Add any weapon you think would be cool for bit's to have, just nothing overkill, rockets and redeamers are a bit much... right one more thing, the bits should fire with the same accurasy as the player has. if you can do that...

Energy Shot gun
Prime: A Small orange Energy shot Deals mid range dmg however on hit explods to the sides with wimpy dmg instant (hit.scan?) beams 5-20 off 180 angle good RoF low ammo max.

Secondary: A quick 3 shot with a cooldown of 2* normal
Modal: some low tech rifle

Hover bomb
Prime: A diskus shaped contact bomb WIDE explosion radus 8M however it is low only .4M off the ground. deals 40 dmg moves slowly. low RoF. but fun to use. Silent and no flash, untell it hits :)

Secondary: Same bomb but it rolls on it's edge, so everything is at 90 (if you realy want to use the simble press alt-167 it's easy)
Modal: A Hub cap or something. :P
Note: the bomb should block shots and will detonate if you fire a second when the first is out, however if you press the outher fire button it will not detonate.

Twin 'Monster' Ultra heavy capship laser
Prime: it's the mother of all lasers weapons...

Ok more info needed mega-poor reload time, low ammo max, 2 huge beams from the player's sholders, hit.scan when using the crosshair is replaced by a blank, and the player cannot jump or run or crouch, or dodge. missing anything, no, good. 90 dmg with this, no splash though. however the shot passes through players, and walls, and shields, and whatever gets in your way

Secondary: it's the same as above but... now it's difrent
no I lied, it's the same, but the secondary swiches to a *2 zoom with a sweet lockon interface thingy, and it beeps, so outher players can here it, it's a softwhere glich, what can you do?
Modal, 2 big drums on the players sholders, when fireing or zooming, they swing forward and open along the edges, the edges swing flat with the base, the top vaneshes and it's mirrored inside.

well, that's all I can think of for somereason, hope I didnt repeat anything. I'll think more tomarrow, hey sweet a new UT mod just finished DL, I'd talk more but... must install. afk
(edit) I dont beleve I spent 2 hours on this oh, and I prefer the weak weaps, to overpowered anyway, what I realy want BALLENCE! nothing sucks more then a one hit kill from 300 difrent weps, but no game is more fun then one where you Know exactly which 5 weps are your best, becuse they fit your style. like the AD&D DM book says "if a spell (weapon) is so good that you cant think of a place or reason NOT to have it, it's to good." so basicly if you've got a wep that everyone will NEED or will DIE if they dont get to it first, even just to deny the opponints then weaken it. like the 'bits I made, shure they are strong but they drain your ammo, and any splash hit will kill the poor things...

Parser
19th Jul 2003, 07:19 AM
Whoa....
Nice ideas.

How many of you want more mods for UT1? :)

terrenblade
20th Jul 2003, 02:43 AM
Thanks I allways have Ideas, I'll put a few more at the end of this post.

I'll allways want more UT mods, why? easy, UT is the best Multy player FPS evermade, and the mutors are part of why it's so good, basicly it gives you an easy way to mod a game, and I realy like mods :)
and UT2K3 runs at slideshow on my PC

so, heres the new weapon, hope you like it.

Gauss Auto Rifle
Primary Fire: A quick 6 round burst for one ammo unit, 6 dmg per round, hitscan. .7 second ROF.
Secondary Fire: Deal 10 dmg to player, boost phisical abilitys by 50% for 20 seconds, Jump hight, speed, dodging distance, ROF, and Accurisy.

yeah I stole it from SC, so what? Anytime I'm not playing UT or HL I'm playing SC, so yeah I get alot of good Ideas from SC :P

I hate having to use 'INDENT' tags, messy, tobad I dont know enugh HTML to insert a TAB there...

Parser
20th Jul 2003, 06:47 AM
May I ask what SC is? :)
Keep the ideas rolling too. :D

{Terminator}
21st Jul 2003, 03:59 AM
Yeah Parser PLEASE do more mods for UT1, its a classsic. Also, terrenblade, just how long did it take you to write that beast?

terrenblade
25th Jul 2003, 07:43 AM
Sorry, I keep forgeting to define my terms, <Shamless_Plug> SC is the best RTS of all time, StarCraft, I HIGHLY sugest you pickup a copy if you've got 20 bucks, then play UMS maps they rock If you need some help with stuff, I'm Terrenblade on the East Bnet gateway. </Shamless_plug>

only took 2 hours, I got the Ideas from an Old Arcade game called Vurtual ON, which is the best mecha game ever. ;)

Ok enugh with the shameless plugs. I finaly got to play WeaponLoard, one thing to say, NICE! but, HOW do you get to the outher weps? :\ I was expecting a sort of randomising system like in Apocolips Weapons and Chaos UT. however, I've found that WL is realy sweet if you play it eith the TWT_Zombies mutor.

Weapon Ideas to follow.
--------
ShockWake Teliporter
Primary Fire: A ranged Hitscan shock blast, low dmg High Knockback,
Secondary Fire: Emits a 360 Shockwave to 10M which knocks players back and deals 5 dmg per meter. The Player using this weapon is teliported to a random spawnpoint.
Notes: Realy fun on Cliff maps :)

Shadow Blade
Primary Fire:A short range Sword slash, Dealing Masave DMG to a target at point blank range, should be instant kill on anywone without a shield belt. Uses no ammo
Secondary Fire:Cloaks the player, uses one Ammo per second.

Artilery Strike
Primary Fire: Laser paint's a target, 2 seconds later a 30 second baradge of 900 rockets and cluster rockets Pounds the area flat, Only usefull above ground, the laser deals no dmg.
Secondary Fire: Zoom

Parser
25th Jul 2003, 07:53 AM
Sorry, I keep forgeting to define my terms, <Shamless_Plug> SC is the best RTS of all time, StarCraft, I HIGHLY sugest you pickup a copy if you've got 20 bucks, then play UMS maps they rock If you need some help with stuff, I'm Terrenblade on the East Bnet gateway. </Shamless_plug>

only took 2 hours, I got the Ideas from an Old Arcade game called Vurtual ON, which is the best mecha game ever. ;)

Ok enugh with the shameless plugs. I finaly got to play WeaponLoard, one thing to say, NICE! but, HOW do you get to the outher weps? :\ I was expecting a sort of randomising system like in Apocolips Weapons and Chaos UT. however, I've found that WL is realy sweet if you play it eith the TWT_Zombies mutor.

Weapon Ideas to follow.
--------
ShockWake Teliporter
Primary Fire: A ranged Hitscan shock blast, low dmg High Knockback,
Secondary Fire: Emits a 360 Shockwave to 10M which knocks players back and deals 5 dmg per meter. The Player using this weapon is teliported to a random spawnpoint.
Notes: Realy fun on Cliff maps :)

Shadow Blade
Primary Fire:A short range Sword slash, Dealing Masave DMG to a target at point blank range, should be instant kill on anywone without a shield belt. Uses no ammo
Secondary Fire:Cloaks the player, uses one Ammo per second.

Artilery Strike
Primary Fire: Laser paint's a target, 2 seconds later a 30 second baradge of 900 rockets and cluster rockets Pounds the area flat, Only usefull above ground, the laser deals no dmg.
Secondary Fire: Zoom

Other weapons in WeaponLord? Eh? You're not using the mutator, are you? If you are, DON'T! Use one of the gametypes, and it will give you all of the weapons!
Thanks for the ideas, although I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so.. :p

terrenblade
25th Jul 2003, 10:45 AM
Well, I finaly found the game types, somehow there were about 5 blank lines below what I thought was the last gametype... spent some time happely testing all the weps on TWT's zombie Mutor. And I finaly found a working link to worm. Life is good. only, why are all the weps so unballenced? I guess there is nothing to do but modify them to use ammo atleast...
----
Claymore
Primary: Drops a Claymore Mine in proxy mode, Anything walking infront of it gets hit with masseve amounts of flak. takes about 1 second to setup
Secondary: Drops A claymore, however this mine is droped much more quickly and detonates only on contact.

quick post wont pharse HTML. why?

Parser
25th Jul 2003, 10:52 AM
The weapons are so unbalanced because I never aimed for balance. I just aimed for lots and lots of weapons, because that's what I like doing. Screw balance, rules, ammo, I just want to play with the biggest, badass weaponary. :D

By the way, HTML is turned off because if it was enabled, people who are adept in the language can seriously screw up the forum page.

terrenblade
26th Jul 2003, 12:56 AM
Ah, well I prefer at least a little ballence, even with UBER weapons. so mine have a little ballence.

{Terminator}
27th Jul 2003, 07:41 AM
no offence terrenblade, but your signature is full of mispellings.

anyway, hows about a nail bomb?

Also today (sunday 27th july) T2 is on channel 5 (thats english tv) @ 9.
Just thought i'd give some cred to my namesake. and its a bloody good film!

Anyway - anyone played a map called dm-greatroomdd?
You can fly spaceships around and shoot people, plus you ride them. it's great. you guys should contact the author and see if you can use some of his ideas.

ShibbyMaster
30th Jul 2003, 03:31 AM
I leave for a little while and my lil contribution to the boards grows into a bigger, more brutal thread.On the topic however:

I've recently watches Record of Lodoss War, and the Verdict is: Soul Crusher stomps many kinds of ***.

Soul Crusher, Demon Sword: You may say to me now, "melee? who uses that crap!This is overkill!", but ah, my friend, you are so wrong.

Primary Fire seems like your standard stuff. One slash or light-ish damage, headshot capable.But the fun part kicks in when you only nick a foe. At this point, Soul Crusher begins to drain the opponent's life more and more the further he gets away from you, thus limiting someone wanting to survive long enough to kill you and end the curse close into melee range for health purposes.an effective combo, but lets get on with this.

Secondary will drop the Soul Crusher, though whoever is unfortunate enough to next retrieve it suffers the consequences of not mastering the sword, and is attacked from above by the soul of the demon sword, which does much damage quickly, but can be easily crushed by the sword itself if it is seen.

An alternate secondary seems to be in order, though te first is more interesting. This would be utilizing the sword's spirit to shield yourself from non-hitscan attacks, deflecting them harmlessly to the side, though sometimes through bystanders to such an incident. rather fun, especially since the sword's ammunition for the attack could be based on enemies "drained" to death by it.

So, yeah, that's the tiny contribution I have to this old thread. Keep em comin people, I (obviously) can't do this alone!

K.Y.A.G
9th Aug 2003, 11:37 AM
Dictionary

1 fire: Your pretty much hit the person in front of you with the book, causeing massive damage :P

secondary: Your person chucks the book, which upon landing, causes a redeemer explosion.

aol disc:

primary: you can throw the disc with primary, and it will cause a bouncing effect, kind of like the ripper, when it hits someone a huge sign flashes that says AOL 9.0 . Massive damage caused, around 50. :P

Secondary, same, but exploders.

Parser
9th Aug 2003, 11:49 AM
Haha, brilliant. :D
I can definitely do the first book one, but the second is dependant on whether Shibby is up to modelling an AOL CD (not that hard, but it must be done by a perfectionist :)).

ShibbyMaster
28th Aug 2003, 07:03 PM
Haha, brilliant. :D
I can definitely do the first book one, but the second is dependant on whether Shibby is up to modelling an AOL CD (not that hard, but it must be done by a perfectionist :)).

Question: Do I get ot BREAK the AOL CD afterwards? :nag:

K.Y.A.G
29th Aug 2003, 11:46 AM
Got another one..

Sound System:

First, you have a 5000 watt speaker in your hand. After you throw it, you have a pair of super earmuffs. Your person puts those on, and a remote control pops into his hand. You use it, and the sound system starts blaring, and everyone in the vicinity who isn't wearing super earmuffs gibs :D. But then again that would be very hard to do. It's just and idea.

Parser
29th Aug 2003, 12:45 PM
Rofl, nice idea. :D
I'll have to see about implementing that somehow, the description is frigging hilarious. :-)

Assassinalex
4th Sep 2003, 03:30 PM
There should be a vacuum gun that works in the same way as the expander from Duke Nukem 3D.

Primary Fire: fires a stream of vacuum at the target, and eventually makes them go pop!
Secondary Fire: Little gravity mine that floats about a foot off the ground and after 10 seconds, sucks in everything for about 50 meters around it <see ChaosUT gravtrap thingy>

Assassinalex
4th Sep 2003, 03:34 PM
Also, a rendition of the morph ovum from HERETIC would be hilarious. You fire it at the victim which turns them into a chicken, then the secondary fire would fire flames at them to roast them.

K.Y.A.G
17th Sep 2003, 04:30 PM
Got another!
BBBBBBBZAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP
Cattle Prod: First fire: Prod
Secondary: Whack em.

Cattle Prod Gun:
First: Fires cattle prods. Zapperooie
Secondary: Bayonet type usage. Has a super cattle prod attached to it for extreme ...prodding.

Assassinalex
18th Sep 2003, 11:16 AM
We should be able to make a black hole or something... and the ability to possess people would be a laugh. Maybe a scythe like the grim reaper's would cause a lot of headshots... I dunno... and that cattle prod gun sounds like a good idea... have it set them on fire sometimes.

terrenblade
20th Sep 2003, 09:47 PM
I dont beleve how long I was gone from here, anyway.

sledge hammer,
primary; death on hit
secondary; earthquake, 10-20 seconds

ShibbyMaster
3rd Oct 2003, 07:12 AM
Quick one.

Armageddon Gun: Causes a Massive amount of titan rocks to rain down around the spot the prjectile hits, as well as a large-area quake effect

A redeemer for fans of big rocks. I think I like it already.

Assassinalex
6th Oct 2003, 01:42 PM
Vive la Chainsaw cannon!

Primary: Fires a chainsaw at the designated place. Agonizing.
Secondary: BIG BANG CHAINSAW! Redeemer explosion where the chainsaw hits.

8mm_BuLLEt
3rd Nov 2003, 12:23 PM
My weapon ideas... about The Erron Cannon below, if made, hide quite secretly.

The Erron Cannon - Redeemer mesh
Primary Fire :
Fires a link projectile just about 2x as big as a redeemer, and does 80 damage, and fires every 2.5 seconds.

Ammo amount : 15
Primary cost : 2
Secondary cost : 5

Secondary fire :
Fires a massive link projectile, 2x as big as the primary fire one, and explodes with a MASSIVE ion explosion, only blue, and 2x as big, with 300 damage, pretty handy for FHINV, and fires every 4.5 seconds (c'mon, its real powerful).

Flaklink minigun Kinda a cross between the minigun and flak cannon models...

Primary fire : Fires flak with a greenish hue, and fires then every 0.4 of a second, with alot of accuracy, and does 2 damage per projectile.

Ammo amount : 500
Primary cost : 1
Secondary cost : 3

Secondary fire : Fires a Flaklink missile - see below.

Flaklink missile

Fired from the flaklink minigun, does 75 damage, and explodes releasing several purplelinkgun projectiles.

Hammerage cannon

Primary fire : Fires a flak shell that acts as a rocket, and goes in a strait line, and explodes spraying loads of oversized flak projectiles, painful. Explosion damage is 70, and the oversized flak ( ;) ) does 40 damage, oooooh.

Ammo ammount : 50
Primary cost : 2
Secondary cost : 4

Secondary fire : Fires a redeemer-style rocket that explodes releasing 5 other rockets which explode spliting into 2, which do a quarter of the damage, ooooh yeah, pure hammerage.

Parser
3rd Nov 2003, 12:34 PM
You may just find some of these creeping into FHI extras.. ;)

8mm_BuLLEt
4th Nov 2003, 12:54 PM
y'what? you really mean it?

Parser
4th Nov 2003, 12:58 PM
I've got something in like the Hammerage cannon already called the Hellbore (Shibby! ;))

I like the Erron cannon though.. I do...

8mm_BuLLEt
4th Nov 2003, 02:07 PM
nice, i posted sum ore sumhwere... oh what the heck, heres another weapon...

Erron Rifle Painter mesh, maybe probably yellow

Primary fire : Fires a spray of Linkgun projectiles, and does 5 damage per hitting projectiles. Fires every... oooh, hard to decide.... i know, every 1.5 of a second.

Ammo amount : 20
Secondary ammo (not shown on HUD ; ya gotta guess ;) ) : 1

Secondary fire : Paints the target for the Erron Reigner - see below.

Erron Reigner Sattelite mesh

The Erron Reigner is an Erron Sattelite, which, when the target has been painted by the Erron Rifle (above), fires a MASSIVE red link projectile, and explodes with a red ion explosion 3 TIMES as big as a normal one, yooouuuccchhhh.

8mm_BuLLEt
5th Nov 2003, 10:00 AM
note : there are 2 Harrin satellites. both different.

8mm_BuLLEt
6th Nov 2003, 11:30 AM
yes, more weapon ideas...

Link Redeemer Green Redeemer mesh

Primary fire : Fires a link projectile 4x as big as a normal one, and explodes with a nice great big red redeemer explsion, doing 200 damage, with 2 ammo.

Secondary fire : Fires a guided link projectile, capable of exploding 3 times, by clicking the primary fire. Kinda the RedeemerX, or Redeemer][ or whaddeva its name is.

Ammo amount : 2
Primary/Secondary cost : 1

Apocalyptus Cannon Red Ion painter mesh

Primary fire : Fires a meateor, a very, very, VERY big meateor. It explodes with a redeemer explosion about... 5x as big as a normal one

Secondary fire : Paints a taget for a swarm of meateors to hit where the target is, very, very good for invasion/FHINV.

[ARC] BORG
5th Jun 2004, 02:48 AM
Would like to Invite you to my Server Gents... UT2004 ...May Get a Kick out of it!!! It's ZARK/MOD Shotgun/Matrix moves/Low Grav/etc... Think you will like...Want to Add a Cool Flamethrower...One note is we Use a Great Alien Skin Pack,,,NASTY kooking Mo Fo's but were made for UT003 and there is a .upl file that can't download via UT2004. Try with or without Skin Pack... Better with it. If you want Skins send me e-mail .. BORG_57@hotmail.com... the Server IP is 205.244.126.37 for the MAin Server or 205.244.126.40 for the 1v1 Server...
Thx Bro's, [ARC]BORG ;)

Moofis
14th Jun 2004, 07:03 PM
My idea= The Ub0r Lame gun

Primary fire shoots a little bullet that kills anything in one hit

Secondary fires a bullet that makes a big green EZ mark on impact and makes a laughing noise.

Third function (if there can be one) is a self destruct mechanism that says YOU GOT LAMED when you detonate

another gun= Nuke

Primary fire=A large warhead that has an explosion the size of the warhead launchers (siege)

Secondary fire= a VERY explosive beam but doesnt seem to do anything.

COMBO= shoot the nuke then hit with the beam to make an explosion 3x the size of its normal boom (NOTE: Although it may not kill the person who does this, it drains all ammo and brings hp down to 20, thus making you VERY vunrable)

Mr_Crowley1989
18th Jun 2004, 08:14 AM
The TRANSFRAGULATOR:

Primary Fire: Fires any decal or projectile from Unreal or UT that explodes on contact with ANYTHING. (Make it a random decal/projectile each time)

Secondary Fire: Spawns a random Unreal monster (no Queens please!) At the place where the crosshair is pointed. This then proceeds to attack anything that gets close enough to it.

Alternate Secondary Fire: If the above one is impossible, have it just make a super-uber sniper scope function. Or a laser targeting dot thingy. :D

MechMantis
20th Jun 2004, 07:40 PM
Dead Body Launcher:

Primary:Fires a toxic body, that explodes on contact, with the explosion about the size of a Redeemer blast.

Secondary:Fires small gibs, that explode with AVIRL size explosions. Think explosive shotgun here.

CHAOSCHAMPION
21st Jun 2004, 08:46 AM
hi am new to the forums I have a few ideas which might be of interest

1.normal drone
shoots other players/monsters that is not on your team.

2.shield drone
grants you a protective sheild round you that make you invulnerable to any harm but it is defenseless and when destroyed you lose your sheild

all types of drone will follow you where ever you go.

Moofis
24th Jun 2004, 02:22 PM

1.normal drone

2.shield drone
grants you a protective sheild round you that make you invulnerable to any harm but it is defenseless and when destroyed you lose your sheild

Kinda reminds me of the sentinals from WOE but these are mobile....Nice

klichka
30th Jun 2004, 09:02 PM
Pistol Update: The secondary mode's explosive bullet is changed to a flare launcher. The flares will lodge into a target and burn them on impact. (Like in Blood)

Moofis
22nd Aug 2004, 08:42 AM

1.normal drone

2.shield drone

Now it reminds me of sentinals from doom3, even more kickass

K.Y.A.G
28th Aug 2004, 09:41 PM
Woooaaah! Old thread bumpage! Meh...

Wookiee
3rd Sep 2004, 10:26 PM
Hey I got an idea for this old thread, how about a suicide gun? ;) When you're at 5 health in FHINV and want to take all those bitches down with you you click it and you go off like a redeemer... except with a giant red explosion and gibs flying EVERYWHERE! :lol:
Or the noob gun which shoots out a random projectile anywhere from a link gun shot to a grenade to a redeemer... and secondary fire is like a ion painter but the spot that you hold it on for 3.5 secs drops a noob from the sky (being a Gorge skin) and he splats into gibs that do 100 damage each and fly in a redeemer radius!