Rev.Whoopass
25th Jun 2003, 08:37 PM
some Jananese clan made it.

Withoutout a doubt the best video so far.But large file.170 mb

http://www.cached.net/?go=main/featurearticle/single/138

edhe
25th Jun 2003, 09:19 PM
Getting now :)

And 170 ain't that big for a flik imo, seen MUCH larger sizes, gotta be worth the dl anyway if you say ;)

k0lpA
25th Jun 2003, 09:23 PM
eh... how do u make movies :( ?

WebSlinger
25th Jun 2003, 09:26 PM
start here
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Capturing_Unreal_Video

downloading...

DeRailer
25th Jun 2003, 09:27 PM
Yah it's some nice directing. Tihis guy knows how to make the average flak spam looks good with some camera tricks. No awesome frags, just very sweet editing to make it the most entertaining movie for ut2k3 yet.

Hanover_Fist
25th Jun 2003, 10:39 PM
Woohoo.

:lol:

The end was the best, with all the dancing. Those guys put alot of work into that. :tup:

Ren, pm me your address again. I'll mail this to ya, you've gotta see this.

Ruprecht
25th Jun 2003, 10:48 PM
some Jananese clan made it.

Hey Rev, where do Jananese come from? Is it one of those southern states where the people think Canada is somewhere in Europe? :p

hal
26th Jun 2003, 12:09 AM
Good stuff. :tup: I laughed, I cried, I lived. ;)

Sekhmet
26th Jun 2003, 02:22 AM
I got it already, nice work though :)

WebSlinger
26th Jun 2003, 07:03 AM
dang, they beat us to the funny punch

edhe
26th Jun 2003, 07:37 AM
Fun stuff :)

tbh i thikn it's a good size for it's quality, and it's some fun stuff. It always amzes me though when people who can actually aim do resort to flak shells ;)

Admittedly though there were some good kills, but the best part of it was that it wasn't a 'EYE /2 TEH 1337' style movie and had fun instead ;)

Thrawn70
26th Jun 2003, 09:48 AM
Nice Teamkill! :lol:

Rev.Whoopass
26th Jun 2003, 03:33 PM
Hey Rev, where do Jananese come from? Is it one of those southern states where the people think Canada is somewhere in Europe? :p

Jananese come from having 9 Rolling Rocks after working outside in 90+ degree heat,and having rather large "sausage fingers"

Renegade Retard
26th Jun 2003, 03:36 PM
Jananese come from having 9 Rolling Rocks after working outside in 90+ degree heat,and having rather large "sausage fingers"

:lol:

MAD Leser
26th Jun 2003, 03:56 PM
pretty funny movie, the best part was the messing-around __^

-OT below this line-
btw, a lot of 2k3-movs are really fast (speed cranked up), do they do that in those videditing progs or is it ingame? B/c the only thing holding me from really playing 2k3 is that its simply too freakin slow... it's like crawling over the ground dodging things that are as fast as a bullet in matrix-slowmotion o_o (doesn't mean that my aim gets any better :P ). Tried some ini-configs but it just doesn't feel right :( - ut1 with 130+% gamespeed/100% aircontrol rocks =)
so, is there any way to do some lightspeed-getfragged-ing in 2k3 (besides slomo) like in the movies?

Thrawn70
26th Jun 2003, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by ultra fast in the movies, but I think that could be because of the lower framerate that the image capture programs output at... kind of like how old reels seem sped up because there's larger gaps between each frame of action.

Hanover_Fist
26th Jun 2003, 05:33 PM
pretty funny movie, the best part was the messing-around __^

-OT below this line-
btw, a lot of 2k3-movs are really fast (speed cranked up), do they do that in those videditing progs or is it ingame? B/c the only thing holding me from really playing 2k3 is that its simply too freakin slow... it's like crawling over the ground dodging things that are as fast as a bullet in matrix-slowmotion o_o (doesn't mean that my aim gets any better :P ). Tried some ini-configs but it just doesn't feel right :( - ut1 with 130+% gamespeed/100% aircontrol rocks =)
so, is there any way to do some lightspeed-getfragged-ing in 2k3 (besides slomo) like in the movies?

The problem you might be having is that you haven't learned the new superdodges and stuff.

Because I can assure you that this game is not slow, nobody does flat straight runs, it's all about the vector dodging.

Show up for FragBU tomorrow night or saturday and we'll give lessons. ;)

Welcome to BuF by the way.

TWD
26th Jun 2003, 08:45 PM
Yes the movies are sped up a bit. They use fraps to record all the shots and because of the framerate fraps uses etc the movies either end up being slightly too fast or too slow.

but ut2k3 is NOT slow. Granted your movement is slower than ut1's but all the weapons move faster plus the dodge moves so it ends up being a much more frantic paced game.

DeRailer
26th Jun 2003, 10:05 PM
They are using higher fov of over 100, hence some of the movies looks speed up.

MAD Leser
27th Jun 2003, 07:07 AM
@hanover: don't worry, I know about the dodging stuff and do it myself (except walldodging, fingers not fast enough or something o_O). I wanted to join fragbu too, but I always mess up the timezone/am/pm-stuff and end up playing a botmatch <.< will try to get it right this time, and be it only for getting that freakin mapvote thingie so I can watch the demos...
thx btw, but I was lurking around the forum nonregged since 2002 I think ;)

@twd: hmmm... ok, maybe I need to play online more.. I need the movementspeed, coz I'm not too good at dodging (read: I suck ;) )

@derailer: thx, didn't try that yet :)

DeDpoet|BuF
27th Jun 2003, 11:56 AM
awesome video!

Sir_Brizz
27th Jun 2003, 12:05 PM
download so slow!!!!

TyeFang
27th Jun 2003, 12:15 PM
I love it. Awesome movie!

I want the song in the beginning. anyone know what/who that is?

- Tye

DaBeatard
27th Jun 2003, 12:19 PM
The intro music is "Origa - Inner Universe", better known as the intro theme from the Ghost in the Shell TV series.
There you go.

TyeFang
27th Jun 2003, 12:20 PM
Thank You!!!! :)

- Tye

Radiosity
27th Jun 2003, 03:25 PM
Ghost in the Shell is kickass :D

DeDpoet|BuF
27th Jun 2003, 04:07 PM
can anyone recommend Japanese artists/bands that put out some kickbutt songs like the one from 'Ghost in the Shell?'

TyeFang
27th Jun 2003, 04:16 PM
can anyone recommend Japanese artists/bands that put out some kickbutt songs like the one from 'Ghost in the Shell?'

Great question :)

/me wants to know too!!

My wife's japanese, but she doesn't listen to anything from Japan for some reason...but i love it :)

- Tye

btw, that song is not in japanese....can't tell what language its in....but i still want to know some good japanese songs :)

Fear the Beard
27th Jun 2003, 08:55 PM
It's in Russian, with a few words of Latin added for effect, besides the obvious English.

KaiRaene
28th Jun 2003, 07:22 AM
It seems the download link is caput. Anyone know of alternate download links? Would love to see it. :(

PoweR'
28th Jun 2003, 01:05 PM
It seems the download link is caput. Anyone know of alternate download links? Would love to see it. :(

The Link worked fine for me. I got it this morning. All I can say is "WoW" thats some neat stuff :)