LOL what's wrong with this pic?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wiseassbnty

Jack's smirking revenge
Dec 6, 2000
www.whatisthebinty.com
Freon said:
uuh i know **** about car, the hood looks like it's put backwards (headlights pointing towards the top of the photo)

well it's a Ferarri (as if you couldn't tell that) F50 I believe? But look in the engine bay, theres two nitro bottles on either side. I thought ti was a bit overkill for that car if you ask me. heh

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
predator_321_go said:
you must be the only one to ever discover that ... :p
I was looking for something like ferrari sign on engine and then somewhere a sign of another company on the car...
anyway: what do nitro bottles do exactly?

NOS makes car go vroom. If you get into an accident and you have NOS... you're fucked. :eek:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Come on guys, it's so obvious... :)

:D :D :D :lol:

Attachments

• yellowf50.jpg_obvious.jpg
    yellowf50.jpg_obvious.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 113

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
BlAcK_PlAgUe22 said:
NOS makes car go vroom. If you get into an accident and you have NOS... you're fucked. :eek:

Somone's been watching too many Fast & Furious movies...

While you *can* have problems with n2o (NOS is a tradename - like Kleenex - that has been hijacked and now used to describe all nitrous oxide [n20] injection systems) in a crash, I've yet to actually see one in person. This coming from a person who has been into cars and racing (some legal, some not so legal) for many years...

Matthew

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Right IIRC nos or nitros oxide is injected in with the petrol the oxegen in it ignights with the petrol causing a larger "explosion" causing more torqe ... also the expansion of the nos causes the air to become denser adding again to the power ......something like that anyway .... also I thought some nos kits were road legal.
-How.

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
The_Pikeman said:
Right IIRC nos or nitros oxide is injected in with the petrol the oxegen in it ignights with the petrol causing a larger "explosion" causing more torqe ... also the expansion of the nos causes the air to become denser adding again to the power ......something like that anyway .... also I thought some nos kits were road legal.
-How.

Close. Just to nitpick:

The additional power created by the extra oxygen in n2o is miniscule. Remember that you're only getting one oxygen molecule for each two nitrogen molecules... However, the nitrogen does give a nice buffer effect in the combustion chamber - but the nitrogen doesn't burn and therefore doesn't add any more power, though.

The biggest source of power from n2o is from the temperature drop of the intake charge when the n2o changes state from liquid to gas as it's injected. The colder intake charge is more dense - more oxygen molecules per unit of volume - and thus when mixed with more gas makes a bigger explosion and more power.

That's important to note - when you inject n2o, you also need to add extra fuel. If not, the engine will burn extremely lean (read HOT) and destroy itself. Depending on the injection setup on the car (or even carb setup), a separate fuel system may not be necessary - as the existing carb/injectors may be able to recognize the need for the extra fuel and supply it correctly. But this only works with small shots - ~50HP. More than that and you really need to think about upgrading the fuel system to deal with it.

Matthew

Ranger 223

MS Paint Pimp
May 26, 2002
I saw a **** in a parking lot put his geo metro in reverse and hit the Nitrous. I laughed my ass off...

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Mappie said:
You might be legally retarted... :rolleyes: ;)
I'd prefer to be illegaly retardet. It's more thrilling if you break a law. :D Was the pic to subtle? :p Or am I realy the only one who sees Vaders face hidden in the pic? /me starts to worry about himself

Last edited:

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Big_Duke_06 said:
Somone's been watching too many Fast & Furious movies...

While you *can* have problems with n2o (NOS is a tradename - like Kleenex - that has been hijacked and now used to describe all nitrous oxide [n20] injection systems) in a crash, I've yet to actually see one in person. This coming from a person who has been into cars and racing (some legal, some not so legal) for many years...

Matthew

Never seen Either of the Fast/Furious movies. One of my friend's friend got into a bad accident and had the nitrous oxide bottle explode.

wiseassbnty

Jack's smirking revenge
Dec 6, 2000
www.whatisthebinty.com
Ranger 223 said:
NOS on a f50 eh? why ruin the engine?

hehe that's what I wanted to figure out. I didn't take the pic, a friend had emailed it to me and told me to find out what's wrong with it. I must have spent like an hour before I noticed the NOS bottles heh