PDA

View Full Version : Jails

Boost
24th Jun 2003, 06:37 AM
I have a question, I don`t know if it is possible.
There are always players that go into the other teams jail for the fun of it or for the kills. Is it possible to put something into the maps that the person dies if the door closes?
:stick:

Sexmachine
24th Jun 2003, 07:42 AM
Hmmm ... the "stay out of enemy jail" mutator - I like the idea (as lately some n00bs really went too far). Well let's see if I can convince Wormbo_bored in IRC in the next few days :D

Boost
24th Jun 2003, 09:13 AM
Thank you for looking into it, it is indeed the new players that do this. Even if you ask nicely a few times they still go into the jails. :)

Mychaeel
24th Jun 2003, 10:07 AM
Even if you ask nicely a few times they still go into the jails. :)I don't quite see the point of that though---going into the enemy's jail is suicide. After a short while the invading player's ammunition will be depleted and there's a whole host of enemy players standing against him or her.

(In Jailbreak 2003 going into an enemy jail will simply consider the invading player jailed as well. So there.)

TheSpoonDog
24th Jun 2003, 10:18 AM
Yea, if they go in there they're schmucks anyway and I wouldn't want 'em on my team - they'll get sick of it once they realize it has no point :p

Wormbo
24th Jun 2003, 10:34 AM
I don't quite see the point of that though---going into the enemy's jail is suicide. After a short while the invading player's ammunition will be depleted and there's a whole host of enemy players standing against him or her.
Hmmmmm........

What if he was out of ammo immediately? :B

I think I still have he code of an anti-telefrag mutator here somewhere with some pretty entertaining effects, of course only for those watching the scene, i.e. the other jailed players in this case. ;)

Mychaeel
24th Jun 2003, 10:39 AM
Just gibbing a player once he has entered a JailZone that's not his team's would be sufficient to that end.

Or, perhaps better, inflicting a small amount of damage once per second to invading players (like in a pain zone).

Wormbo
24th Jun 2003, 10:44 AM
Aww, that's boring... :p

CoolDude
24th Jun 2003, 11:11 AM
I can see Boost's point here.

It's fun for one time, but when the same player does this again and again, it gets kind of anoying.
If you want to kill somebody, do it outside of jail.
And I don't mean shooting jailed prisoners from outside of jail just to increase your frags (e.g. JB-Face), because I also hate that.

You can solve it by making a mutator.
As long as there is no mutator, I just will see it as an additional game.
I call it: Shoot the bastard.
:cool:

Rob
24th Jun 2003, 11:14 AM
shooting jailed prisoners from outside of jail just to increase your frags (e.g. JB-Face),
You don't win frags for that, you just win killing sprees.
For players entering the enemy jail I suggest all their weapons removed, excepted for hammer. :D ;)

CoolDude
24th Jun 2003, 11:24 AM
You don't win frags for that, you just win killing sprees.OK, my mistake.

BesigedB
24th Jun 2003, 11:53 AM
just auto-llama them and increase the pressure a tad-per-second ;)

Trueblood
24th Jun 2003, 12:20 PM
What about the llama provential system thing?
If an enemy waltzes in the wrong jail..the green force field killes em!...they would have died in the jail anyway.

Wormbo
25th Jun 2003, 06:59 AM
...they would have died in the jail anyway.
If they need too much time to die for your taste, try Wrong Jail. :)

[edit] Updated the file to support using WrongJail as a ServerActor or even spawn it mid-game through summon for only this match. (singleplayer and server admin only)

[edit2] Another (network compatible) update. (see below)

Sexmachine
25th Jun 2003, 09:58 AM
Hehehe ... kick ass mutator - should become a big surprise for those who excessively camp inside the enemy jail. It's already up and running at our server, so prepare for some good laughs in the near future while playing JB3. :D

I have already uploaded the files (ZIP and UMOD) to BU and modified the JB3 mutator page - I think about putting it in the news tomorrow (as the files need some more time to get mirrored).

Thanks again, Wormbo!

Trueblood
25th Jun 2003, 11:24 AM
:lol: seems to do the trick...its been through "TrueBlood testing" tm and found it effective.....BUT there are ways to dodge and as always im NOT going to use them and NOT gona speak out incase it falls into the wrong hands http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-075.gif

Nice one Wormbo!

Sexmachine
25th Jun 2003, 12:53 PM
But there are ways to dodge and as always im NOT going to use them and NOT gona speak out Trueblood, please tell me via PM !

Wormbo
25th Jun 2003, 02:06 PM
Please tell me as well, it might be worth creating a fix for that. (which would be network compatible, of course)

Swift Viper
25th Jun 2003, 02:55 PM
I can see Boost's point here.

It's fun for one time, but when the same player does this again and again, it gets kind of anoying.
If you want to kill somebody, do it outside of jail.
And I don't mean shooting jailed prisoners from outside of jail just to increase your frags (e.g. JB-Face), because I also hate that.
:cool:
I think there is already a mutator that stops freed and jailed players from attacking each other. I don't quite understand how you can get killing sprees without scoring any frags, but it is true because this morning TrueBlood shot rockets down the hole in the ceiling of the jail in JB-EnemyattheGates and got killing sprees.

Yes, walking into a enemy jail is a death wish anyway as your likely to get shot :enforcer: , but I guess the mutator does better enforces it.

BTW, I'm still confused about the new qoute system :( .

Mychaeel
25th Jun 2003, 03:20 PM
I don't quite understand how you can get killing sprees without scoring any fragsWell... the Jailbreak code does its own thing about the player score (not frags, technically, as you get extra points for releasing players or killing in defense too), but it doesn't do anything about the standard handling of killing sprees. Whether that's good or bad would be subject of an entirely different discussion.

Boost
25th Jun 2003, 06:30 PM
Thank you for helping me solve my agrivation, it was nice playing tonight and seeing it work. You do need to find something for LAMA Trueblood.(ha-ha)
:fluffle:

Trueblood
25th Jun 2003, 06:40 PM
Thank you for helping me solve my agrivation, it was nice playing tonight and seeing it work. You do need to find something for LAMA Trueblood.(ha-ha)
:fluffle:

*gasp* i am shocked ;) hows about making one gun for me only and then i wont need all you ones you hate me using :lol:

CoolDude
26th Jun 2003, 02:28 AM
You do need to find something for LAMA Trueblood.(ha-ha) I saw him walking out of the wrong jail, without getting hurt... :lol:

Trueblood
26th Jun 2003, 04:06 AM
I saw him walking out of the wrong jail, without getting hurt... :lol:

O NO !! EXPOSED :lol:

Mychaeel
26th Jun 2003, 04:08 AM
Trueblood, send me an email to mychaeel@planetjailbreak.com and explain that exploit so we can get rid of it.

Wormbo
26th Jun 2003, 05:10 AM
I fixed the ammo exploit and changed the low-health punishment. You may drop your weapons as often as you like, Trueblood, it won't save you anymore. ;)

*update*
Here it is:

Sexmachine
26th Jun 2003, 06:39 AM
Server is updated, files are (re)uploaded to BU ... expect some news about it around the weekend :)

KrazyK
26th Jun 2003, 11:00 AM
You may drop your weapons as often as you like, Trueblood, it won't save you anymore.

So that was Trueblood that was doing that?! I was wondering how that rocket launcher kept landing in jail in JB-Furia. It was helpful though. :D

Boost
26th Jun 2003, 11:53 AM
So that was Trueblood that was doing that?! I was wondering how that rocket launcher kept landing in jail in JB-Furia. It was helpful though. :D

Yes, our clown always helps his team mates this way. Nice
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trueblood
26th Jun 2003, 03:39 PM
Yes, our clown always helps his team mates this way. Nice
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehehe awww shucks :shy: (BTW when bots are playing, they rather get the weapon rather than escape from jail :-) )

Mychaeel
29th Jun 2003, 04:37 AM
Didn't you mean to post news about this, Sexmachine?

Sexmachine
29th Jun 2003, 12:08 PM
Real Life (TM) got me ... I am on it right now :)

Sexmachine
29th Jun 2003, 01:39 PM
Done - but I am not sure if it turned out funny or just plain silly/stupid ... yeah Rob - I can guess how you feel about it - thank's ;)

Mychaeel
29th Jun 2003, 01:44 PM
It's definitely entertaining. :)

[edit]
"Slap-damages the player until he's dead"...? Bwahahaha. :D

Rob
29th Jun 2003, 01:54 PM
yeah Rob - I can guess how you feel about it - thank's
So my early maps are now outdated ? ;)

Rob
12th Jul 2003, 02:14 PM
Is it normal the message appears when you change team while in jail ?

Wormbo
12th Jul 2003, 08:36 PM
You mean, you change the team and it starts slapping you around or something?
I thought you'd die immediately if you change the team and since the mutator checks only every 5 seconds now it simply shouldn't happen (in therory).

Rob
13th Jul 2003, 04:57 AM
You mean, you change the team and it starts slapping you around or something?
No, I simply died immediately, as you say. Though the message "Will Rob figure out it's the wrong jail ?" was displayed.

Kyllian
26th Aug 2003, 07:56 AM
I think I still have he code of an anti-telefrag mutator here somewhere with some pretty entertaining effects, of course only for those watching the scene, i.e. the other jailed players in this case. ;)
That reminds me, I miss the Telefraggun from UT. There's one for 2k3, but its not the same as the UT one

Hyper_Freak
29th Jan 2004, 06:14 PM
You don't win frags for that, you just win killing sprees.
For players entering the enemy jail I suggest all their weapons removed, excepted for hammer. :D ;)
NO! cause some people don't want to hammer fight so the pistol is your only protection!

Rob
30th Jan 2004, 02:36 AM
Read carefully, newcomer : For players entering the enemy jail.

Hyper_Freak
3rd Feb 2004, 12:39 PM
Oh!

CyberSirius
6th Feb 2004, 11:40 PM
I got a idea... how about multiples reddemer rockets shotting right at the players in the jail when everyone in a team is in jail

Trueblood
7th Feb 2004, 04:42 AM
I got a idea... how about multiples reddemer rockets shotting right at the players in the jail when everyone in a team is in jail
Been there....done that ;) :lol: (JB-Miniface)