Question about the new version of INF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
It says somewhere on the main page that you need to preorder to get it before everyone else, but... is that just for people who want it on CD? It is still going to be a free downloadable modification when it coems out right?

Last edited:

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
Yes it will be. You'll simply get it on CD before it's available for download if you pay for it. How much "before" has not been announced yet, but it won't be too long.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Known facts.

-We know that INF 2.9 will be released to download "soon", but we ignore the meaning of the word "soon" , that is given in "Sentry Studios time" and not in "real time"
-We know that the pre-ordered CD will be sent to customers before the day INF 2.9 is released to download for the people

The real and very hard challenge i can see now is to find the meaning of -before than "soon"- in "real time"
the only hint i can remember on the path to understand the meaning of the INF word "soon" is the sentence heard a year ago "so close i can feel it" about INF 2.87

Difficult work to translate Sentry Studios langage in normal langage :)

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
The pre order of the CD is meant as a service to those who doesn't want to/can't download the game when it's released. It will be a fairly large download. It will of course be free for download some days after the CD's have been shipped to those who have ordered it.

It's likely that it won't be released for download before the 27th as the game has not gone gold yet.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
It doesn't cost that much.. unless your parents forbid online buying than it wouldn't be that hard to obtain.

Ofcourse you might not be bugged by your parents about this so it might not be any problem at all!

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Which basically means it either come out next week some time or I'm screwed.
Consider yourself screwed. Not a knock on anything, but none of the rumblings indicating they are headed for the pressing plant have been made. Unless they plan on a sneak attack (which would be pretty funny now that I think about it), I'd say it's a safe bet against the 27th.

June. This month. Next week is the 27th. Yous ee I've been abusing my college LAN like this for months, who wouldn't? Its a free T1 you can get away with murder on (considering I've found a dozen loopholes that allo wme to hide in the system... stupid XP). But even with all the fun of annoying the admin, I leave officially on the 27th. So techically that's my last day of using the LAN.

Then I have to go back to 56K.

Oh well, sure, buying the CD is not a bad idea afterall. Well only if the shipping costs aren't too high (I'm in England). Either that or I get some sort of ADSL connection, at a great financial loss from my account, even then it would take a while to download INF when it is available... or I could sacrifice instead, a year of my life downloading it on 56K.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Or you could get a friend with a better connection to download and burn it for you when it's released. I would recomend you order the CD though, but I'm sorta biased ;)

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
What's he got, a 4gig HD? Tell him to freakin' relax and that it can be deleted once he burns it onto a CD for you. Otherwise, tell him to come into the next century and get a normal sized HD and try the game out himself.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Good God almighty. Do what {GD}Ghost suggested. If he is still paranoid and you are a bit technically inclined buy a case of his fav beer, 6 pack, take out your hard drive if you don't have one lying around, give him a beer, install HD, DL, when done, take out hard drive. You may have to keep feeding beer though which is a bit of a downer to waste it on someone like that.

PS When leaving hit up side his head and tell him stop being an idiot. Its only temporary.

Last edited:
Heh, hes got a 15 gig HD, he's got 6 available. I told him this last time I was there and I wanted to download something. He's not altogether computer literate you see. He seems to think using up more HD space than nessesary slows his computer right down. He means the RAM of course, which I try to explain to him wouldn't be effected by just a download thats not even going to be a permanant fixture of his disc... then he gave me the excuse that his CD writer was broken...

You know he still uses Windows 98. That computer of his needs a major overhaul.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Ok lets try this.

Dear computer illiterate

Your friend who goes by the handle of S1im is correct when he says the slow down is not caused by you using disk space. The problem is that you require more RAM.

I have run several applications at the same time with as little as 100 MB available on my C drive with no problems. I am not suggesting you do the same but if you have 6 GB available believe me you will not have any problems downloading the 600 MB or so that the wonderful Infiltration game is. Have S1im explain the difference between MB and GB. There is a big difference and he can show you the math but roughly 6GB = 6000MB. It will not affect your computer in anyway or slow it down.

After downloading it for S1im you may want to install it and see what you are missing out. Great community and a fantastic game.

I have spent many years working, building, rebuilding computers and installing OSes. I also have certification in some products so trust me when I say that S1im knows what he is talking about.

Ben McLaurin

Try this.

PS you may want to change illierate to something more flattering and you may not want to show him my other post.

Last edited:
tyou should use the official thread for questions regarding Inf 2.9

I didn't think a conversation about getting the CD of 2.9 was anything to do with that topic considering its mainly about the workings of 2.9. Also I've been talking to my friend and he's agreed to download the file for me. When he gets round to it. I pointed him in the direction of this topic, and he agreed. I think he's expecting me to supply him with beer...