PDA

View Full Version : Rachel: I have some music for you

Raffi_B
21st Jun 2003, 02:41 PM
well i was playing Garden of Heaven and i realized how much cooler it would be with some custom music so i made something. Its 46 seconds long of ambient singing and soothing sounds that i think go with the map really well. You dont have to use it in Garden of heaven, its just that i used that map to make the song. please take a look at it and maybe u can use it in one of your upcoming maps or something. BTW, its in .mp3 format so if u want it for ur map ill be happy to convert it to .ogg. Also, its in a lower quality bitrate so the attachment is smaller. If you want it Ill email it to u with a higher quality bitrate.

Sir_Brizz
21st Jun 2003, 03:27 PM
I listened and I like! :) Although I don't know how well it would fit the fast paced multiplaer, it sounds really like a single player song from Final Fantasy or something lol :)

TWD
21st Jun 2003, 03:50 PM
Very nice, but that kind of music isn't very condusive to fragging. Make it a bit longer and add some beat to it.

Sir_Brizz
21st Jun 2003, 03:56 PM
LOL the idea is that it doesn't have a beat to it. It fits with the level better because that is the kind of level it is...if it were single player you wouldbe amazed seeing that and they always play music like that in those situations :p

TWD
21st Jun 2003, 04:14 PM
I think it's possible to get the best of both worlds.

Imaginos
21st Jun 2003, 04:38 PM
Hey Joel, could you hold down my new new-age yanni lick? I gotta put down my sammich.

Seriously though, a fragging level needs some driving music, nothing calming and soothing about fighting to live.

Angel_Mapper
21st Jun 2003, 04:54 PM
Nice, reminds me of a song from EarthBound. And no, music doesn't have to be conducive to fragging. A couple of songs in 2k3 like Level8 and Slaughter, and Enigma for the original UT I wouldn't call very "driving", but they fit the levels. And seeing as most of you bastiges play with the music off I don't see why it matters. ;) To me the music is as important as the rest of the level, but then music is a big passion for me. :p

Raffi_B
21st Jun 2003, 05:16 PM
so do ya want it or not? :p

Sir_Brizz
21st Jun 2003, 09:28 PM
I'm with Rachel I play with music off unless I'm botmatching. If she thinks it fits the level I say add it.

Angel_Mapper
22nd Jun 2003, 12:04 AM
Already got it, but I don't think I'll be using it in any of the levels I have planned anytime soon, doesn't fit. :p