Making screen glow (UT)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jedediah

Jun 21, 2003
In UT (not 2k3), how can I make the screen glow a certain color? An example of this effect is when you take damage and the screen glows red. I need to be able to control the amount of glow continuously over time, not just a one time flash.

I've tried changing the values of PlayerPawn.ConstantGlowScale and PlayerPawn.ConstantGlowFog. This only works for a single player client.. it doesn't seem to be replicating at all for network clients.

Jedediah

Jun 21, 2003
Tried that, didn't work. Nothing happens on the client.

I'm calling it as ClientFlash(1,vect(1,0,0)) to flash red. Is that right? I have no idea what the parameters mean.

Jedediah

Jun 21, 2003
Ok it works now but it doesn't quite do what I need it to.

When a certain event happens, I need to start gradually changing the screen red at a specified rate. If a different event happens, I need to instantly change the screen back to normal color.