PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For All The Frags...

Zappa
21st Jun 2003, 01:14 AM
By which the subject of this thread refers to the
fact that I've been playing Jailbreak for a long time now.......I wanted to drop in and just "Thank You" and a big :tup: to the developement team and the mappers for giving me (and my girlfriend) so many hours of amusement - It really has been grand :D

I believe that I would have stopped playing UT a long time ago if it wasn't for JB - now I have about 70 JB maps installed - and it would be my guess that the number will just continue to grow :)

I run a 4 PC LAN here - I use one PC as a dedicated server for UT - with X-Maps installed as
well - allowing me a fair amount of control on what we are playing - Jailbreak is almost always the most requested game type (particularly from the above mentioned girlfriend :D )

So in conclusion - thanks again to you all - playing JB and reading these forums has proved very rewarding - and I'm looking forward to doing both of these things for years to come....

Cheers!!!!

Trueblood
21st Jun 2003, 03:09 AM
OOOOOOoooo another 'happy' mail! I know what you mean about not playing UT anymore. CTF gets very boring and death match is full of 'Aim bots' so JB is a breath of fresh air. It keeps the fun and fast pace of the game and adds a great twist of 'locking people in jail' :lol:
Why dont you and your girlfriend pop into Sexmachines Server at the sunday lockdown? http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html

Zappa
21st Jun 2003, 03:58 AM
Trueblood - wrote at 05:39 PM

"Why dont you and your girlfriend pop into Sexmachines Server at the sunday lockdown? http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html"

I thought somebody would throw that suggestion at me sometime :) .....

Yes, I am aware of the lockdowns....according to the information given - it gets underway at 7.00pm UTC - which would make it around 4.00am Adelaide time - sometimes I'm alive at that hour of the day :D .....It's however more likely that I would have crashed out by that stage.....or passed out from all of the beer :lol:

However, one day I might manage to get it all happening and join in - I have been curious I must admit.....

cheers

TheSpoonDog
21st Jun 2003, 03:59 AM
Hmm, addicted to JB, girlfriend plays JB, has JB LANs every now and then - you sound like an australian version of Sexmachine!

TheSpoonDog
21st Jun 2003, 04:00 AM
Hmm, I thought it was @ 9.00 UTC (GMT) ? Either way, if I get up at 8am in NZ i can join - which would mean 6 for you aussies... unless you're in queensland, or south australia or whichever one doesn't have daylight savings :p

Zappa
21st Jun 2003, 04:11 AM
Hmm, I thought it was @ 9.00 UTC (GMT) ? Either way, if I get up at 8am in NZ i can join - which would mean 6 for you aussies... unless you're in queensland, or south australia or whichever one doesn't have daylight savings :p

According to http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html (which I thought I'd better check before writing that last message) it's 7.00pm UTC - which basically means for me - bloody early :) and yeah I'm in South Australia - no daylight saving for a few more months yet....sigh....

cheers

Katana
21st Jun 2003, 05:24 AM
It starts here in england at 8PM. I agree with you Zappa, I wouldn't still be playing UT without JB. Infact, JB is the only reason i have UT installed.

I hope JB2003 does the same for UT2003, because I stopped playing that a while ago (200 Ping).

Not to be un-original but I'd like to say thanks to the coders and mappers, and sexmachine for the great lockdown server and the always fun voice chat.

Alhanalem
21st Jun 2003, 10:18 AM
Why is all the text white all of a sudden?

hal
21st Jun 2003, 10:23 AM
cuz it's sexxaaaay! ;)

fixed

Mulch_D
22nd Jun 2003, 01:11 AM
Ahh aanother Assie, I feel at home. Zappa try 6:00am there are generaly still some people on at that time.

Zappa
22nd Jun 2003, 02:15 AM
Ahh aanother Assie, I feel at home. Zappa try 6:00am there are generaly still some people on at that time.

Hi Mulch,

Thanks for your reply - your a lot closer to me geographically than some of the other folk thats for sure :)

I'm going to try and survive till the lockdown starts - drink lots of black coffee and see how I'm feeling by 4.30am :D

Maybe catch you there.

Trueblood
22nd Jun 2003, 02:48 AM
Maybe catch you there.

Hehehe oooh boy, lockdown at 4am ?! madness ! Lucky for me i have the option of coming early (which i always do)
How good are you by the way? do you know the alternate escapes and any tricks up your sleave? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-102.gif

Zappa
22nd Jun 2003, 06:34 AM
Hehehe oooh boy, lockdown at 4am ?! madness !

Lots of black coffee helps :D

How good are you by the way? do you know the alternate escapes and any tricks up your sleave?

I'm OK - I'm no grand master :lol: I usually have the bots set at either
Skilled or Adept - So really, I'm only average - I'd guess that the Sexmachine server is setup a lot differently to how I would normally play the game (I just love low gravity for instance) - and I run some of the relics and the DE mod.

Escapses - yes I know of some (JB-Mafia,MilitiaThunder,MutinyIII.....) and probably some of others - but I'd be the first to admit that I haven't got them all - JB-Rainmaker for instance (one of my favourites) has something going on - I know about the button "Open <color> Jump Shaft" - and I remember getting splattered one time when the floor suddenly shot upwards - but escaping? Obviously I've still got some learning to do. Which is one good reason for joining the lockdown.

Tricks - try not to die? :lol: Seriously however I'll just be doing my best - I'll probably play defensively - whatever seems best at the time - how bad the lag is will undoudbtly effect my tactics.....

Anyway enough of my raving ....time to grab another coffee :)

Later

Alhanalem
22nd Jun 2003, 08:36 AM
Go by what the lockdown counter says to be safe. also remember that people are playing on that for quite a few hours after that, so you dont need to be there right when it starts :)

CoolDude
23rd Jun 2003, 07:39 AM
So Zappa, how was playing like at 4am in the morning?
I noticed you had a ping of over 500 ...
:cool:

Zappa
23rd Jun 2003, 09:46 AM
So Zappa, how was playing like at 4am in the morning?
I noticed you had a ping of over 500 ...
:cool:

:lol: I'm still laughing !!

Yeah it was fine - it went down just as expected - mega-lag, high death rate for myself and a couple of lucky fluke kills - My apologies to the folk who got in the way of my randomly fired rockets :lol:

I played in 3 maps and lost contact with the server twice - then I was a spectator for JB-Construction and just watched the fireworks :)

And then I played some JB with the girlfriend to sometime after dawn (no ping of 500 + that way)

And in the end?

I had fun - and that is exactly what JB and this community encourages - so for me it was a success - what more could a crazy, caffeine high, Australian gamer want at 5.00am :)

cheers!

Mulch_D
23rd Jun 2003, 04:08 PM
Glad to see you enjoyed it, sounds like my first game.
I will start playing again in a week, I've been a bit busy with RL latly.

Riz
23rd Jun 2003, 04:46 PM
/me waves Hi! :wavey:

big thanks to Sexmachine for keeping up ownage server

:)

Mulch_D
27th Jun 2003, 12:24 AM
:wavey:
/me waves back