PDA

View Full Version : Unreal beta the begining

Pages : 1 [2]

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 04:15 AM
got some info page here:

Unreal
Genre: First- person shooter action game
Release: September 1997 (December, 1996)
Price:
Genre: 3D action adventure (shooter)
Developer: Epic Megagames
Designer: Cliff Bleszinski
Music:
Lead Programmer: Tim Sweeney
Art director: James Schmalz
Publisher: GT Interactive
Phone: 800-972-7434
Requirements:

Summary: First-person perspective ultra realistic Doom-lie shooter with free internet play planned. The game will also have a level editor.

Company line: Designed for the Windows 95/NT platform and Intel Pentium processor-based computers, Unreal will take advantage of Intel s new MMX technology, providing 24-bit color, CD-quality audio and exhilarating visual effects -- all of which has led industry experts to cite Unreal as having created a new genre of gaming. According to PC Gamer (July) magazine, The name of the game is Unreal and it s absolutely appropriate. Every indication is that this game and the few others like it will be the true next generation of computer gaming.

What is UNREAL? That's the question that everyone has been asking. UNREAL is more than your average first person action game. It places players in a stunningly lifelike three-dimensional world, where they can pratically smell the stench of dank dungeon caverns, feel the hot breath of menacing creatures, and experience the sensations of falling, swimming and flying. Running on either Windows 95 or Windows NT, UNREAL delivers:

The Environment: The UNREAL environment is continuous. Though levels do exist, you travel between them smoothly. The entire world, whether you're playing by yourself or you're on a large network game server, is melded into one continuous global environment.

The UNREAL environment is permeated by music and sound. The sounds of wind, flowing water, flickering flames, footsteps, and monsters flow throughout the Unreal world against a sonorous backdrop of atmospheric music.

The UNREAL environment is richly illuminated. Torches flicker and light sources create varying levels of luminance on their surroundings. Monsters, as well as players, cast shadows, which can often be seen around corners before the source is fully revealed.

The UNREAL environment uses a full six degree of freedom geometry and physics model. This means you can look at the world from any angle and explore complex architecture with features like multiple overlapping bridges and domed ceilings. If a designer can envision a level, he can build it in Unreal.

History: In 1990, UBI Soft brought out a game for the Amiga called Unreal, which is a registered trademark of UBI Soft. Now Epic Megagames is bringing out an Unreal. UBI Soft's Unreal used stunning 2D and 3D graphics and environments, five different types of interactive music, "incredible sound effects, such as the rushing waters of a river, the crackling of a fire," a "completely interactive environment where you can run, jump, crawl, slip on snow or be blown off a cliff."

No this game is not the same plot, but we wonder about the trademark now being used by Epic MegaGames. The UBI Soft Unreal involved a dungeon, but one where the protagonist's love Isolde is imprisoned by Polymorph and must be rescued from a vast continent. I wonder if anyone else remembers the original Unreal.

Established in 1991, Epic produces, markets and distributes cutting-edge PC games. Best known for Jill of the Jungle and Epic Pinball, the company has released more than 20 products. In addition to worldwide retail publishing arrangements, Epic distributes its products directly to end users using the shareware model.

Headquartered in NY, with offices in London, San Francisco, Seattle, Phoenix and Minneapolis, GT Interactive Software Corp. is a leading global publisher of interactive entertainment, edutainment and value-priced software marketed under the GT Interactive, Humongous Entertainment and WizardWorks brands, for IBM-compatible and Macintosh computers as well as 32- and 64-bit gaming systems. Among GT Interactive s best-selling titles are Duke Nukem 3D and Doom II.

Plot: You, yes you the protagonist of the new Unreal, are imprisoned in a room with metal walls. You have amnesia (why do you always have amnesia?). You find your way outside and you solve the riddle of how you got here. Your space ship crashed into this planet. You manage to find a weapon, a gun, and start our across the landscape to start your adventure.

You fight: There are over 20 fully animated monsters that will have programmed intelligence. Some will stalk you until the ideal time to strike, others will negotiate. Special items found will allow you to morph into the monsters and fight as them similar to that seen in the Origin classic designed by Victor Penman of Raven Software.

Graphics: Unreal's visuals set a new standard for realism. Water is transparent, flames randomly flicker, moving clouds cast shadows while dynamic lighting. Buildings and dungeons are actual structures on the three dimensional landscape meaning that there is no transition or level loading when going in or out doors or portals. The graphics will feature true three dimensional features, such as dynamic lighting, shadows, and 16-bit graphics. "What we are shooting for is something half way between Quake and Myst," ssays Mark Rein, vice president of Epic MegaGames.

Animation: Hundreds of polygons and frames of animation comprise Unreal's eerie monsters. The MMX technology of the new 1997 Intel processors will allow sound effects, music, animation graphics, and internet connection information to be processed in the same instruction set, significantly speeding up all the processes of the game.

Artificial intelligence: Epic hired Steven Polge to do the AI for Unreal's monsters. Steven was the programmer who designed the Quake Reaper Bots, the only thing that makes Quake exciting in single player mode.

Voice actors:

Music score: Music changes occur appropriate to the on-screen action.

Sound effects: Cinematic audio effects include blowing wind, flowing water, crackling fires and terrifying footsteps. The sound engine will be 44 KHz (kill-a-hertz)

Utilities: The UnrealEd level editor will enhance game play. The 3D level editor will make it easy to design 3D action game levels. Liam says the game editor will be sold separately in his preview.

Multi-player: Unreal puts one or multiple players via the Internet, in a highly detailed 3D alien world populated by two warring races.

Future: GT Interactive may also utilize the specially designed Unreal engine to create five additional premier software titles. Also expect Unreal to port to the Nintendo 64DD and the PlayStation. Spectrum Holobyte/Microprose licensed the Unreal engine for their upcoming Star Trek: The First Contact.

Journalists:

References:
GT Interactive Unreal Web Site
Jason Bates, PC Gamer, volume 3, number 7, July, 1996, pg. 22-24.
http://www.pol.umu.se/html/ac/split/unreal.html
T. Liam McDonald, http://www.gamespot.com/previews/unreal/index.html
Steve Bauman, Computer Games, issue 76, March, 1997, pg. 26.
Glenn Broderick, Computer & Net Player, volume 3, number 10, March, 1997, pg. 95.

sourch:http://www.thecomputershow.com/computershow/previews/unreal.htm

cheerz:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 04:25 AM
GT Interactive Also Obtains Rights to Sequel; Unreal Engine for Five Additional Games, UnrealEd and Level Sets
New York, NY, September 10, 1996 -- In an industry coup, GT Interactive Software Corp. (NASDAQ: GTIS) has obtained exclusive global publishing rights to Epic MegaGames Inc.'s Unreal, one of the most anticipated and sought-after 3D action games for 1997. GT Interactive plans to release Unreal, an Internet-adaptable multi-player PC game, during the first half of 1997.
Under the agreement, GT Interactive obtains exclusive rights to publish Unreal and a sequel for the PC, and an option for Sony Playstation, Sega Saturn and Nintendo 64 systems on a worldwide basis. In addition, GT Interactive obtains rights to Epic's UnrealEd, a proprietary 3D authoring tool for publishing associated game level sets. GT Interactive may also utilize the specially designed Unreal engine to create five additional premier software titles.

"Unreal is a hit-caliber title that breaks new ground in the 3D action category and will be a leader in our 1997 lineup" said Ron Chaimowitz, president and chief executive officer of GT Interactive. "We are excited to be working with the creative and technologically innovative artists at Epic to bring consumers the most advanced and entertaining software in the industry."

"We are pleased to bring our crowning jewel, Unreal to one of the industry's strongest publishers", said Mark Rein, vice president of Epic MegaGames Inc. "With its unsurpassed marketing and distribution strength, and success in publishing 3D games, we believe GT Interactive will garner even greater recognition for Unreal in the marketplace."

Designed for the Windows 95/NT platform and Intel Pentium processor-based computers, Unreal will take advantage of Intel's new MMX technology, providing 24-bit color, CD-quality audio and exhilarating visual effects -- all of which hasled industry experts to cite Unreal as having created a new genre of gaming. According to PC Gamer (July) magazine, "The name of the game is Unreal and it's absolutely appropriate. Every indication is that this game and the few others like it will be the true next generation of computer gaming."

Unreal puts one or multiple players via the Internet, in a highly detailed 3D alien world populated by two warring races. Optimized for high resolution play, Unreal's visuals set a new standard for realism -- water is transparent, flames randomly flicker, moving clouds cast shadows while dynamic lighting and music changes occur appropriate to the on-screen action. Hundreds of polygons and frames of animation comprise Unreal's eerie monsters, and cinematic audio effects, including blowing wind, flowing water, crackling fires and terrifying footsteps, enhance the game's one-of-a-kind experience.

UnrealEd, Epic's advanced 3D authoring tool, utilizes constructive solid geometry, a sophisticated yet easy-to-learn method of creating 3D environments and objects that allows consumers to create their own Unreal worlds.

# # #
Epic MegaGames Inc. is a privately held company based in Rockville, Maryland with offices in the U.K. Established in 1991, Epic produces, markets and distributes cutting-edge PC games. Best known for Jill of the Jungle and Epic Pinball, the company has over 20 products in release. Epic distributes its products directly to end users using the shareware model.

Headquartered in NY, with offices in London, San Francisco, Seattle, Phoenix and Minneapolis, GT Interactive Software Corp. is a leading global publisher of interactive entertainment, edutainment and value-priced software marketed under the GT Interactive, Humongous Entertainment and WizardWorks brands, for IBM-compatible and Macintosh computers as well as 32- and 64-bit gaming systems. Among GT Interactive's best-selling titles are Duke Nukem 3D and Doom II. GT Interactive is publicly traded on the NASDAQ National Market System under the symbol GTIS.

[Homepage] [Back issues]

Copyright © 1996 Coming Soon Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

look above it,s from a magazine scar.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 05:09 AM
found unreal shareware stay tuned:p

was nothing

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 09:47 AM
Well, I found something on eDonkey2000, it's very rarely seen complete since the fall of Razorback - Unreal Engine Internal Beta 1995 - it's 27 MB in size. It might be the file, as we don't actually know when the beta was made. It WAS shown on E3 1996 but it's nothing new, showing oldies at E3 - just look at 3D realms, they keep showing an old trailer of DNF each time...

ok downloading edonkey pro now ill take a look

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 10:11 AM
here a file with patch 226 happy downloading i dont know wich version it is:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 10:20 AM
here also gold download them all i hope u have seed

Delacroix
12th Apr 2006, 10:21 AM
I'll provide you with a link to the ed2k file soon. One note. The full source is rather unavailable on Donkeyserver No.1 where I usually am

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 10:21 AM
max uploading 5 files here 1 togo lol :p all files packed with winrar. i take also a look on torrentspy

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th Apr 2006, 10:33 AM
look on atachement unreal version not known downloading now

dinwitty
12th Apr 2006, 08:43 PM
I have the 1995 beta, presumably its supposed to have the dragon and female model, but I cant find them, and they never show ingame, its a demo level(s)
showing off the technology including skybox use but I dont find the editor in it, and I doubt its compatible with the current editor anyways.
OldUnreal I believe has this beta to nab including the 1997 beta.

Delacroix
13th Apr 2006, 02:06 AM
OldUnreal has the 4MB tech demo. Send this beta to us, we'll check it, PLEASE, Dinwitty.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
13th Apr 2006, 06:59 AM
here also gold download them all i hope u have seed
btw these are torrent files i,m sure u know howto download

http://www.bitlord.com/

try this one very good download program or use edonkey also can download with torrent files

Exus Tecius
13th Apr 2006, 11:30 AM
I have the 1995 beta, presumably its supposed to have the dragon and female model, but I cant find them, and they never show ingame, its a demo level(s)
showing off the technology including skybox use but I dont find the editor in it, and I doubt its compatible with the current editor anyways.
OldUnreal I believe has this beta to nab including the 1997 beta.
:)
hey
if i am not wrong the female model&the dragon are hidden in a actor.dll file.
thing is how to extract it:o

ty cya

dinwitty
13th Apr 2006, 04:05 PM
its the same 95 beta everyone else grabbed earlier.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
14th Apr 2006, 05:12 AM
I'll provide you with a link to the ed2k file soon. One note. The full source is rather unavailable on Donkeyserver No.1 where I usually am

just try edonkey server 1 or 2 you can switch klikking on servers you have then a whole list of servers , i have downloaded the pro version of edonkey,
i didi fish up edonkey pro with bearshare lite.
url bearshare

http://www.bearshare.com/lite/ install then search for edonkey pro(cracked version):p
i also ask mine friend he has usenet servers much data there :p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
14th Apr 2006, 05:16 AM
hey
if i am not wrong the female model&the dragon are hidden in a actor.dll file.
thing is how to extract it:o

ty cya

please let delacroix doo that:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
14th Apr 2006, 06:33 AM
i did read something that before epic release officiall the unreal 1 that another unreal alreddy was under devolepmend by ubisoft.
Epic-games did bought ubisoft so i think that this url is from the game who has epic made some beta,s

DOS
Published ByUbi Soft Entertainment SoftwareDeveloped ByUbi Soft Entertainment Software
Country United StatesRelease Date1991

sourch:http://www.mobygames.com/game/unreal-/release-info
but i can be wrong anyway please reply :p

off site

http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/Home/Default.aspx?cpid=37

)bee(scarbelly.nl
14th Apr 2006, 03:52 PM
i did read something that before epic release officiall the unreal 1 that another unreal alreddy was under devolepmend by ubisoft.
Epic-games did bought ubisoft so i think that this url is from the game who has epic made some beta,s

DOS
Published ByUbi Soft Entertainment SoftwareDeveloped ByUbi Soft Entertainment Software
Country United StatesRelease Date1991

sourch:http://www.mobygames.com/game/unreal-/release-info
but i can be wrong anyway please reply :p

off site

http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/Home/Default.aspx?cpid=37

I think that this picture of unreal from UBI soft is the first unreal ever

)bee(scarbelly.nl
18th Apr 2006, 07:00 AM
I think that this picture of unreal from UBI soft is the first unreal ever

Are i,m right or not?
http://www.juegoviejo.com/pc/u/Unreal%20(1991)_1.html

)bee(scarbelly.nl
18th Apr 2006, 07:04 AM
very small file indeed works on dos also files called dragon inside.I think this is the one
please reply!!!!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
18th Apr 2006, 09:53 AM
very small file indeed works on dos also files called dragon inside.I think this is the one
please reply!!!!

all files are from 5/12/1991
this program does not work on mine machine

)bee(scarbelly.nl
18th Apr 2006, 10:03 AM
for a other console playing game sega genesis

http://www.ghetto-overlord.com/GOAT/Unreal1995.htm from 1995

here some older games from epic yo can stil bye them on cd rom or diskette

http://www.epicclassics.com/orderform.html

Delacroix
18th Apr 2006, 11:35 AM
scarbelly - try DOSBOX. it's an emulator for DOS. Unreal '91 will work if you use DOSBOX.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th Apr 2006, 03:54 AM
scarbelly - try DOSBOX. it's an emulator for DOS. Unreal '91 will work if you use DOSBOX.

i didi tryout that program it did work!
But i dont think this is the old unreal evryone is looking for here some pics too btw this program worked with dosbox x86 emulation thanks delacroix.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th Apr 2006, 03:55 AM
i didi tryout that program it did work!
But i dont think this is the old unreal evryone is looking for here some pics too btw this program worked with dosbox x86 emulation thanks delacroix.
btw delacroix did you try also?

Olga
19th Apr 2006, 04:44 AM
Wow is the red thing in that first picture a manta!?

Delacroix
19th Apr 2006, 05:28 AM
Olga: A dragon as I believe.

Scarbelly: Yep, tried that. You know what? Until you found the PC version of Unreal '91 - I didn't know it existed. And Amiga emulators refused to run the Amiga version. What would I do without you?

OMFG, a new version of DOSBOX! It seems you use 0.65, and I had 0.62. Upgrading now ;)

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th Apr 2006, 09:57 AM

Scarbelly: Yep, tried that. You know what? Until you found the PC version of Unreal '91 - I didn't know it existed. And Amiga emulators refused to run the Amiga version. What would I do without you?

OMFG, a new version of DOSBOX! It seems you use 0.65, and I had 0.62. Upgrading now ;)

ohh what a poor graphics is that the version you are looking for?
it,s not even 2d lol:p.I saw the dragon flying you can shoot the trees too heaven, with some very hot fire!!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th Apr 2006, 10:08 AM
Wow is the red thing in that first picture a manta!?

Manta or dragon some 1 please tell me what it is!!
hey delacroix maby you can email epicgames or ubisoft about this maby they know what it is??

http://www.ubi.com/US/ ubi email:not found

epic

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/homefold/home.shtml
email:licensing@epicgames.com.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th Apr 2006, 10:17 AM
here for the amiga

http://amigareviews.classicgaming.gamespy.com/unreal.htm

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th Apr 2006, 10:19 AM
look it,s from august 1990 damn!!!!

H ack, slash, slaughter, slay. In this ever-changing world, if there is one thing you can rely on it is an endless stream of sword-wielding arcade fantasies. Unreal is one such outing, but with the promise of eight lvels, both 2D and 3D graphics and interactive music it could be a cut above your average hack-em-up.
First, though, the plot. Your name is Artaban, and you live in peace with your beloved, Isolde, your people and a friendly copper dragon called Dracus. Then one day Isolde is captured by the Master of Darkness, Polymorph, and whisked off to his castle lair, where he insists that she marries him. News of the wedding gets out, Dracus is horrified, tells Artabun, and the two zoom off to rescue the fair maiden.

The game’s eight levels divide into three 2D ones and five 3D ones. Now the promise of 3D action sounds good and, indeed, the first level is one of the 3D ones. It is basically a prehistoric Afterburner, with the dragon sprite flying into a screen populated by trees, prehistoric monsters and rock outcrops, which sap your shield’s energy, and power-up crystals, which give you extra weapons or short-term invulnerability. Play for a minute and you will think even the first level is impossible: play for ten and you will be defeating it every time with your joystick on autofire and your feet up.

Level Two is where it starts to get interesting. It might ony be 2D but it is inifintely better than Level One. Here you embark on a sideways-scrolling hack-em-up with lots of puzzles to sort out and some truly dazzling graphics. The same general principle applies – you have a shield which absorbs hits for just so long. When its energy gets to zero you are dead and it is game over time again.

UbiSoft have wisely built in a Save Game option, but laoding a game actually dumps you into a special training mode where you can progress through the game but do not actually amass any points. The very same training mode is offered when you lose your one and only life, so you can get to see what you have missed, but if you want to properly complete the game, you have to do it all in one sitting. Grrr...

After Level Two it is back to a 3D dragon-borne blast and then another 2D plod, this time through an arctic wasteland. Then it is back to the dragon... and so on. If it is all starting to sound a bit thin, it is made up for the sheer size of the thing and the range of opponents and puzzles along the way.
Rod Lawton

Amiga Format, Issue 10, May 1990, p.p.43-44
GRAPHICS AND SOUND
In the dragon-borne stages the graphics are not good, but in the hacking stages they are frequently stunning. The attacking beasties are not always as convincingly-animated as they might be, but the landscape detail and effects are very good. The sound is a real mixed bag. Owners of half-meg machines just get a series of soundtracks which, apart from a rather nice title tune, are a cross between Jean Michel Jarre on a bad day and Stock Aitken Waterman on a worse one. If you have a 1Mb machine, though you get sound effects too. On the dragons stages these are naff, on the hacking stages they are quite superb.
LASTING INTEREST
It is all a bit frustrating, what with tedious dragon-piloting to get through and only one life between you and a complete restart, but the graphics, sound effects (if you have got the hardware) and puzzles on the hacking stages will keep you playing. You will rescue Isolde even if it takes you every night for a month (and probably will).

JUDGEMENT
You do not often get a game showing such a variety of standards in its different sections. The 3D dragon-flying parts make up five of the eight stages, but about one per cent of the game’s fun factor. The real game is in the hack-em-up stages, but even here it takes a 1Mb machine to handle the sound effects. Players with more between their ears than the average psychotic will find the puzzles a welcome relief from the charnel-house style of most hack-em-ups. All in all, a game of two halves. The dragon stages are graphically grim, tedious and undemanding. The hacking stages are often graphically breathtaking, challenging and addictive. This is one you will both love and hate.

GRAPHICS 4/8
SOUND 6/9
INTELLECT 6
ADDICTION 8
OVERALL 74%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wenn es nötig ist, extra nach Paris zu fliegen um ein brandheißes Testmuster für Euch zu ergattern, dann machen wir das halt. Und Ubi Softs Geniestreich von einem Action-Game war die Reise allemal wert: Drei Disketten, vollgepackt mit fantastischen Grafiken, trickfilmreifen Animationen und irrwitzigen Sounds demonstrieren die Fähigkeiten unserer "Freundin" wahrlich eindrucksvoll!
Ehe wir zur großen Lobeshymne schreiten, bekommt erstmal der Dichter der Hintergrundgeschichte einen dicken Rüffel: Die Story um ein liebreizendes Mädel, das von einem finsteren Obermiesling entführt und im Verlies seines düsteren Schlosses eingekerkert wurde, hängt wohl nicht nur uns schön langsam zum Hals heraus! Gerade bei einem so perfekt gestylten Game wie Unreal ist ein derart stupides Blabla nicht nur unwürdig, sondern schon fast ein Verbrechen! Schwamm drüber, kommen wir zu Versöhnlicherm:
Schon der erste Blick auf den Vorspann sorgt für ein entzücktes "oohh". Über einem Lavastrom formieren sich hübsche Ray Tracing-Kugeln zum Titelschriftzug, während der Amiga eine fetzige Melodie samt hörenswertem Windrauschen erklingen läßt. Bereits hier gilt: Wer den Sound in seiner ganzen Pracht genießen möchte, muß zumindest über 1MB Speicher verfügen. Jetzt ein Druck auf's Feuerknöpfchen, und man darf im ersten Level weiterstaunen – ein furioser Drachenritt in unglaublich schneller 3D-Grafik ist angesagt. Während man versucht, das hübsch animierte Flugvieh an Felsen, Bäumen und Sträuchern vorbei zu bugsieren, ohne an einem der zahlreichen Hindernisse hängen zu bleiben, müssen noch haufenweise wilde Tiere (z.B. Eisbären und Mammuts) per Feueratem aus dem Weg gepustet werden. Auf dem dahinrasenden Untergrund liegen vereinzelt goldene Dreiecke herum, die man einsammeln sollte, um seinen Flattervogel mit mehr Feuerkraft auszurüsten. Eine dunkle Grotte markiert das Ende des ersten Levels. Bis hierher ist die Sache noch ein Kinderspiel, selbst der ungeschickteste Action-Muffel dürfte diesen Ausflug halbwegs unbeschadet überstehen. Dennoch sollte man sich Mühe geben, soviele Punkte wie nur irgend möglich einzuheimsen, denn die dienen als Energieeinheiten für den nächsten Abschnitt!

Nun geht es zweidimensional weiter, das Helden-Sprite muß sich seinen Weg von links nach rechts über den Screen bahnen. Das Böse lauert bekanntlich immer und überall; hier in Form von Vögeln, die mit Feuer-Eiern angreifen, riesigen Gottesanbeterinnen, bissigen Tigern, fleischfressenden Pflanzen und unheimlichen Seeschlangen. Zudem scheint sich auch die Natur gegen unseren Helden verschworen zu haben: Nur allzu oft schießen Speeren aus dem Waldboden, es fallen Felsbrocken von oben herab, und tückische Teiche können nur überquert werden, indem man auf schwimmende Baumstämme hüpft. Wer hier überleben will, muß punktgenau (und im exakt richtigen Moment!) über Hindernisse springen und seine Haut wacker mit dem Schwert verteidigen.

Die 2D-Level des Spiels erinnern in ihrer aufwendigen Gestaltung an "Shadow of the Beast", geben sich spielerisch aber anspruchsvoller; Eine brennende Brücke kann beispielsweise erst dann passiert werden, wenn man zuvor Holzkugeln mit dem Schwert zerkleinert und Wasserblasen aufgesammelt hat. Nur so läßt sich das Feuer löschen, so daß man unbeschadet über die Brücke kommt.

Ist auch der zweite Level geschafft, flattert man wieder mit dem Drachen weiter; diesmal aber über eine Flußlandscahft, 3D- und 2D-Level lösen einander weiterhin mit wechselnder Thematik ab (Lava, Schnee & Eis, etc.), bis einen der Flugsaurier schließlich in der siebten Spielstufe zum Schloß des Kidnappers trägt. Dort angekommen wartet das große Finale, wo eine ganze Horde von Widersachern gekillt werden muß, ehe letztendlich die Dame des Herzens wieder befreit ist. Bis einem die Angebetete freudestrahlend entgegenläuft und mit feuchten Augen einen Kuß auf den Mund drückt, vergehen allerdings viele spannende Stunden vor dem Monitor!

Aufregend, fesselnd, technisch brillant – all diese Superlative sind eigentlich schon fast zu abgenutzt, um sie auf Unreal anzuwenden: Das Spiel verbindet auf wunderschöne Weise solide Spielbarkeit (prima Steuerung, gute Kollisionsabfrage, langsame ansteigender Schwierigkeitsgrad) mit ausgefuchster Präsentation. Die Grafik ist eine Augenweide, das Scrolling herrlich sanft, und der Sound zählt zum Besten, was man je aus einer Monitor-Box vernommen hat. Es gibt da ein paar jazzig-bluesige Musikstücke, die würde ich mir glatt auf Platte kaufen! Bei so viel perfektion lassen sich die wenigen Schnitzer, die es zu finden gibt, klaglos wegstecken. Also, rein der Form halber: In den 2D-Leveln hüpft unsinnigerweise der Mond mit, wenn die Spielfigur springt, außerdem wird alle paar Bilder nachgeladen (ist aber bei der Grafikmenge kein Wunder...). naja, kann man wirklich drüber wegsehen. Vergessen wir auch die flache Hintergrundstory und freuen uns stattdessen an einem Game, das für das Action-Genre neue Maßstäbe setzen wird! (C. Borgmeier)

Amiga Joker, September 1990, p.p.?
Der Amiga Joker meint:
"Viva la France: Ubi Softs Unreal ist ein Action-Denkmal für französische Programmierkunst!"

Unreal
Grafik: 92%
Sound: 92%
Handhabung: 78%
Spielidee: 38%
Dauerspaß: 81%
Preis/Leistung: 82%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red. Urteil: 91%
Für Fortgeschrittene
Preis: ca. 84,- DM
Hersteller: Ubi Soft
Bezug: Rushware

Spezialität: Sehr schön: Über die F-Tasten können bis zu drei Spielstände abgespeichert werden. Schön: In der Box findet sich neben den drei Disks ein hübscher Poster. Weniger schön: Mit 512K läuft der Sound nur in einer abgespeckten Version.

UBI Soft, Amiga £29.99
Unreal was once a barren planet. But then the Sleeper awoke long enough to send a servant to create life there. The necessary ingredients were life-giving eggs, the four elements (water, air, earth, fire) and two guardians to maintain the balance between good and evil. Unfortunately, the servant was killed by a meteor and his possessions scattered, bringing chaos. The guardians soon become all powerful, controlling everything from dinosaurs to the smallest bee. The only exception was life in an isolate valley where a life egg fell which the guardians missed.
It was here that Isolde and Artaban were born. As they grow up they met a friendly dragon. But one day the servant of a guardian was here. He took Isolde to his master, who was instantly captivated by her beauty. Isolde agreed to marry him to save the valley.
But Artaban, after arming himself with the 'changing sword' (which can shoot fire or water if dipped in these elements), climbed onto the dragon and set off to rescue Isolde.
The game has eight levels: five have Artaban riding the dragon in a super-fast 3-D arcade game. Three are horizontally scrolling arcade adventures. Level one is 3-D with the dragon zooming though a forest packed with trees, bridges to fly under, huge dinosaurs and swooping bats. Pressing fire will destroy many of the creatures, useful when you dive down to pick up bonus objects, shields and improved firepower. Points are vital since they contribute to energy. Lose a lot of energy and you pause as if you'd lost a life. If you lose all energy you can continue in 'training mode' where no points are scored.
If you survive this level Artaban gets off the dragon, draws his sword and gets into arcade adventuring. The objective is simply to get to the end of massive horizontal-scrolling level. But it's far from easy. This forest is inhabited by sabre-tooth tigers, fire-spitting plants and much more besides. Simply hack 'n' slaying isn't enough. There's magical walkways which fall from air, form and then disappear. There's flaming logs which must be put out, vines to swing on and moving logs to cross rivers on.

Subsequent levels include a snowy wasteland (with wind which pushes you backwards) and a superb rotating castle which sends out zillions of dragons –the final confrontation takes place inside.

Zzap! Issue 64, August 1990, p.71

Unreal is obviously designed to outdo Shadow of the Beast as a superlative demonstration of the Amiga's graphics and sonics. In this it succeeds brilliantly. The arcade-adventure levels have superb graphics, full of detail and imagination. The huge palette of colours, smooth scrolling and speed at which large creatures are whizzed about are something only an Amiga could do. Plenty of thought has gone into it, as is shown by the way the floating dip when you land on them. Gameplay is tough, but very satisfying. The mini-stages making up the huge levels all contain puzzles, usually fairly simple though some are quite nasty.
3-D sections feature some superb background graphics, with numerous levels of parallax scrolling working flawlessly. The actual graphics of obstacles and enemy creatures are a bit blocky close-up, but they're huge, fast-moving and imaginative. Playing it gives a real arcade feel.

This is a quality product which uses the Amiga to the full. The horizontally scrolling stages are reminiscent of Shadow of the Beast but I found the graphics more attractive in their subtlety while the gameplay is more varied with plenty of simple puzzles to solve. The 3-D levels are very impressive technically with their incredibly high speed, though the simple blast-it-all action gets a bit repetitive after a while. Still, Unreal is a superb package, good value for money.

6 4
No plans for a C64 version. Not even the ST could cope with this one!
U P D A T E

PRESENTATION 92%
Save at any time, three game-save positions, flashy attract mode, nice end sequence and a free poster.
Three disks, but accessing is restricted to loading in the big levels.
GRAPHICS 94%
The 2-D sections show off the Amiga's palette to the full, while 3-D sections have a great arcade feel.
SOUND 88%
Brilliant samples, but five original soundtracks aren't that great.
HOOKABILITY 87%
Instantly playable.
LASTABILITY 87%
Lots to see and while very tough, save-features means it's do-able.
OVERALL
87%
A visual spectacular which plays well too.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th Apr 2006, 10:20 AM
look the dragon !!

copper dragon called Dracus!dracus is his name!

Exus Tecius
19th Apr 2006, 04:34 PM
look the dragon !!

copper dragon called Dracus!dracus is his name!

hehe gj scarbelly:lol:
now any news about the unreal by epic games with the dragon?

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 06:34 AM

sure man take a look a unreal version from 1991 lol, works only on dos i think that this is the most early version of unreal, klik too download.

much much greetz scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 06:45 AM
WOT uses the unreal engine, nicely done using spells, done by Legend Entertainment. Same group that did the ole University games and other older games. They are gone now, after doing Unreal 2.
i fish that up for you

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 06:49 AM
delacroix take a look here some old unreal stuff from 1998.

14-07-2000 Patch Pour version 2.26 final (7.5 Mo)

01-06-1999 Patch serveur v2.25f (7 Mo)

31-05-1999 Patch serveur v2.25e (7.2 Mo)

03-05-1999 Patch v2.24 (7 Mo)

14-12-1998 Patch 2.20 beta (6,5 Mo)

06-11-1998 Patch 2.19 beta (2 Mo)

27-10-1998 Patch 2.18 beta (2 Mo)

08-10-1998 Patch D3D Matrox G200 (50 Mo)

01-10-1998 Patch Version 2.17 Beta (2 Mo)

01-10-1998 Patch Version 2.17 Beta (2 Mo)

22-09-1998 Patch OpenGL (nouveau) (270 Mo)

22-09-1998 Patch OpenGL (280 Mo)

22-09-1998 Patch Version 2.09 beta (1.2 Mo)

22-09-1998 Patch Aureal A3D (95 Mo)

22-09-1998 Patch Cyrix beta 2 (150 Mo)

22-09-1998 Patch Voodoo Rush beta (1.9 Mo)

22-09-1998 Patch Space Orb (67 Mo)

some old patches also

look in section downloads

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/jeux/0000/00001020.htm
happy downloading
cheerz aka )bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 08:58 AM
i don,t know what it is take a look

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/seek-and-destroy

look wich year for dos amiga and amiga cd 32

Released: 1996 (complete release info)
Published By: Epic MegaGames, Inc.
Developed By: Safari Software Ltd., Vision Software
MobyScore: 3.8 (out of 5)
Platform: DOS -- combined view
Also for: Amiga, Amiga CD32

Genre: Action
Perspective: Top-Down
Non-Sport: Helicopter, Shooter

Description
Most of the fundamentals of this game work in a similar way to Desert Strike. You pilot an Apache helicopter through 14 increasingly tough multi-stage missions, each of which is preceded by a full briefing. Missions are set in the desert and jungle as well as over the sea and in snowy regions. A scanner is installed into the helicopter to guide you, as is a mapping system and a limited shield.

You start with weapons including a standard chain gun, a FFAR rocket and Napalm for carpet-bombing. Extra weapons and fuel are located around the level. You can use a joystick or mouse to control the Apache, with 3 levels of mouse sensitivity, and a 2-player 'co-pilot' mode in which weapon selection is carried out by a second player.

Unusually, the game only scrolls vertically even though you have full directional movement. When you rotate the direction the ground moves underneath you, ensuring a more realistic effect and smartly mimicking motion effects.
[edit description]

Merchant Title
Seek and Destroy
Seek and Destroy
Seek and Destroy
Please select your country: United States Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Bulgaria Canada China Croatia Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong Hungary Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Japan Luxembourg Macedonia Malaysia Mexico The Netherlands New Zealand Norway Philippines Poland Portugal Romania Russia Serbia Singapore Slovakia Slovenia South Africa South Korea Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan Thailand Turkey United Kingdom Uruguay Other
Not a Dutch user?

DOS Reviews
The DOS release of this game has not been reviewed. If you've played it, why not write a review?

This entry was contributed by Martin Smith (37378) and IJan (1999)

was from 1996 but i cot another one stay tuned!!!

here is a 1999 version of seek and destroy hav fun downloading
http://www.fileplanet.com/filelist.aspx?s=21697&v=0

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 09:03 AM
have some release info here:

Tyrian
Released: 1995 (complete release info)
Published By: Epic MegaGames, Inc.
Developed By: Eclipse Software
MobyScore: 3.9 (out of 5)
Platform: DOS

Perspective: Top-Down
Non-Sport: Arcade, Shooter

Release dates, publisher and developer information for this game listed by platform:

DOS
Published ByEpic MegaGames, Inc.Developed ByEclipse Software
Country United StatesRelease Date1995
Published ByCDV Software Entertainment AGDeveloped ByEclipse Software
Country GermanyRelease DateFeb, 1996

Release dates contributed by Oliver Jahn (42738) and IJan (1999)

sourch:http://www.mobygames.com/game/tyrian/release-info

sorry guys no picture avalable! is a game from 1995
i have them a shareware game from epic
http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/178

happy downloading:p

picture:

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 10:13 AM
ok now looking and searching for wheel of time:stay tuned:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 10:19 AM
publisher gt interactive 2005

http://www.mofunzone.com/download_games/the_wheel_of_time.shtml

download from some mirrors this is the demo!:p
73 mb big

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 10:23 AM
wheel of time release info:

It is an extremely solid action game built on an excellent story and dressed up with stunning graphics.
Full Review
By: GT Interactive, Legend Ent.
Release Date: Oct 31, 1999
Players: 1-16 (tech info)

serious info now:p

When The Wheel of Time was first announced, gamers and Robert Jordan fans had reason to be both excited and apprehensive. On the one hand, it would bring to life one of the most detailed and fascinating fantasy worlds ever conceived. Wheel of Time promised a mix of first-person action, role-playing, adventure, and strategy, which is a combination few games have ever effectively managed. On the other hand, because the Wheel of Time novels are so deep, so intricate, and so well-loved by legions of devoted Jordan fans, the game seemed destined to disappoint. But in the end, the game's creators GT Interactive and Legend Entertainment succeeded through a combination of great storytelling, spectacular graphics, and uniquely complex first-person action.

Set before the first book in the series, Wheel of Time follows the turbulent adventures of Elayna, an Aes Sedai. Her sect holds a mystical seal, which is one of several seals used to jail the exceptionally evil Dark One in an ethereal prison. After the seal is stolen, Elayna must set out on a quest to recover the seal, thus setting in motion the events of the game.

Despite all the prerelease talk about Wheel of Time's incorporating several styles of gameplay in a cohesive package, Wheel of Time is an easy game to categorize: It is a first-person shooter. It is a complex and often extremely challenging shooter with some unique aspects of strategy and a strong story tinged with adventure elements, but it is a shooter first and foremost. In fact, it may be ten times the shooter that Unreal was. Even seasoned shooter veterans will be hard-pressed to make it through some of the game's levels alive without numerous saves and reloads. Much of the difficulty lies in the numerous and very tough creatures blocking your path, but part of the challenge also lies in mastering Elayna's weaponry.

Instead of relying on her sisterhood's magical powers, Elayna uses mystical artifacts known as ter'angreal, which are basically spell runes. You'll need all 40 of these ter'angreal to survive, and, luckily for you, they are scattered liberally throughout the maps and levels. The ter'angreal are very similar to the array of artifacts used in Raven's Heretic and Hexen games. However, in this case, the artifacts do not complement a basic set of weapons - instead, the ter'angreal include offensive weapons, defensive shields, a number of power-ups for healing, and more. Managing these items can be quite a chore - especially since many of the hotkeys are used for more than one ter'angreal, which means you must scroll through lists of things even in the heat of battle. Still, many of the artifacts can be used in conjunction with each other, leading to a dizzying array of possibilities during combat. The freeze ter'angreal makes a good precursor for the Balefire attack, for example.

You'll often find that some of these objects are placed too deliberately. For example, the water, air, and fire shields are almost always available only near an area where you absolutely must use them. In fact, in one early level, you swim a long distance underwater while picking up additional water shields so you don't go belly-up along the way. The shift, exchange places, and trap-detection ter'angreal are also conveniently placed in this manner.The upshot of this hand-holding is that many of the environmental puzzles and obstacles in Wheel of Time are very easy to figure out. There are few, if any, areas that will leave an experienced gamer frustrated for long. But this is almost a shame, as any excuse to spend more time wandering the spectacular levels would be welcome. Simply put, Wheel of Time features the most staggeringly beautiful levels ever seen in a first-person action game. Areas like the White Tower are exceptionally detailed with vaulted ceilings and realistic architecture highlighted by very elaborate textures. Even the outdoor levels are well designed and realistic, though it's the indoor levels where the game looks best. The Unreal engine has never looked so good.

Unfortunately, you'll need a Voodoo3 card to experience this splendor at its fullest. Even on a high-end Nvidia TNT2 Ultra card, the game looked pitifully bad in Direct3D mode. OpenGL was not much better and was far less stable. To make matters worse, the game chugs along painfully on most non-3dfx systems. Granted, a very fast machine with a TNT2 Ultra or GeForce 256 card and the latest GLSetup drivers would be sufficient - but the game will still look and run better with a Voodoo3. Still, if you have the right hardware, it's tough to beat Wheel of Time for sheer graphical beauty.

It's also tough to beat the game's story, which is nearly as complex as a Jordan novel. Told through a series of elaborately animated cutscenes, the story very effectively sets up each level in the game. Though the 3D character models leave a lot to be desired, the dialogue is well-written and informative, and the story does an excellent job of absorbing you into the adventure overall.

Even the way in which the single-player game builds up to its unique final challenge is intriguing and well-executed. You are led almost directly into the game's multiplayer citadel mode, so by the time you complete the single-player levels, you are almost fully prepared to tackle Wheel of Time in multiplayer mode. Though the play modes are not tightly integrated, it is refreshing to see the two tied together in light of the traditional arms-length distancing of single and multiplayer modes in first-person shooters.

Multiplayer support in Wheel of Time is excellent and features two distinct play modes. The first is basically a deathmatch. However, because of the ter'angreal, this deathmatch is more akin to Hexen than to the Quake or Unreal games. The complex artifact inventory system may prove too distracting for some players, while multiplayer Hexen fans will probably not be fazed at all.

Citadel, the game's other multiplayer mode, is very similar to capture the flag, except you can fortify your fortress (or citadel) with traps and computer-controlled guards. This is the mode that is likely to win Wheel of Time a sizeable online following. Placing traps and guards is challenging, but it's also a lot of fun and very satisfying when it works properly. You'll get a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever a would-be invader steps on a spear trap just as he's about to reach your seal.

Although there are a few glitches and apparent design flaws in Wheel of Time, none of them seriously hurt the game. For example, on one level in which Elayna must defend a dungeon from numerous waves of attack, no enemies showed up even after a 20-minute wait. Restarting the level fixed the problem. Other minor annoyances include enemy archers that fire their arrows at the speed of light and hit you easily even when you move out from behind cover for only a split second. Also, the game could use a better mode for practicing the multiplayer citadel mode, as the existing tutorial rushes you into and out of the action. Of course, you can learn the game through online experience, but there are those who would rather get their bearings straight before venturing onto the servers.

None of these small concerns significantly distract from the overall experience. It is an extremely solid action game built on an excellent story and dressed up with stunning graphics. Is it all that the prerelease hype may have led you to believe? No. Because the gameplay is essentially that of a pure shooter, there are certain to be some Robert Jordan fans who aren't completely pleased with the action-packed take on the Wheel of Time universe. But having said that, it is very difficult to dislike a game that delivers such an absorbing and exciting fantasy adventure.
By Michael E. Ryan
Posted Nov 30, 1999 12:00 am PT
Print this Story

here is the url including 2 bonuspacks happy downloading:p

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/wheeloftime/index.html

picture

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 10:33 AM
wheel of time release info:

It is an extremely solid action game built on an excellent story and dressed up with stunning graphics.
Full Review
By: GT Interactive, Legend Ent.
Release Date: Oct 31, 1999
Players: 1-16 (tech info)

serious info now:p

When The Wheel of Time was first announced, gamers and Robert Jordan fans had reason to be both excited and apprehensive. On the one hand, it would bring to life one of the most detailed and fascinating fantasy worlds ever conceived. Wheel of Time promised a mix of first-person action, role-playing, adventure, and strategy, which is a combination few games have ever effectively managed. On the other hand, because the Wheel of Time novels are so deep, so intricate, and so well-loved by legions of devoted Jordan fans, the game seemed destined to disappoint. But in the end, the game's creators GT Interactive and Legend Entertainment succeeded through a combination of great storytelling, spectacular graphics, and uniquely complex first-person action.

Set before the first book in the series, Wheel of Time follows the turbulent adventures of Elayna, an Aes Sedai. Her sect holds a mystical seal, which is one of several seals used to jail the exceptionally evil Dark One in an ethereal prison. After the seal is stolen, Elayna must set out on a quest to recover the seal, thus setting in motion the events of the game.

Despite all the prerelease talk about Wheel of Time's incorporating several styles of gameplay in a cohesive package, Wheel of Time is an easy game to categorize: It is a first-person shooter. It is a complex and often extremely challenging shooter with some unique aspects of strategy and a strong story tinged with adventure elements, but it is a shooter first and foremost. In fact, it may be ten times the shooter that Unreal was. Even seasoned shooter veterans will be hard-pressed to make it through some of the game's levels alive without numerous saves and reloads. Much of the difficulty lies in the numerous and very tough creatures blocking your path, but part of the challenge also lies in mastering Elayna's weaponry.

Instead of relying on her sisterhood's magical powers, Elayna uses mystical artifacts known as ter'angreal, which are basically spell runes. You'll need all 40 of these ter'angreal to survive, and, luckily for you, they are scattered liberally throughout the maps and levels. The ter'angreal are very similar to the array of artifacts used in Raven's Heretic and Hexen games. However, in this case, the artifacts do not complement a basic set of weapons - instead, the ter'angreal include offensive weapons, defensive shields, a number of power-ups for healing, and more. Managing these items can be quite a chore - especially since many of the hotkeys are used for more than one ter'angreal, which means you must scroll through lists of things even in the heat of battle. Still, many of the artifacts can be used in conjunction with each other, leading to a dizzying array of possibilities during combat. The freeze ter'angreal makes a good precursor for the Balefire attack, for example.

You'll often find that some of these objects are placed too deliberately. For example, the water, air, and fire shields are almost always available only near an area where you absolutely must use them. In fact, in one early level, you swim a long distance underwater while picking up additional water shields so you don't go belly-up along the way. The shift, exchange places, and trap-detection ter'angreal are also conveniently placed in this manner.The upshot of this hand-holding is that many of the environmental puzzles and obstacles in Wheel of Time are very easy to figure out. There are few, if any, areas that will leave an experienced gamer frustrated for long. But this is almost a shame, as any excuse to spend more time wandering the spectacular levels would be welcome. Simply put, Wheel of Time features the most staggeringly beautiful levels ever seen in a first-person action game. Areas like the White Tower are exceptionally detailed with vaulted ceilings and realistic architecture highlighted by very elaborate textures. Even the outdoor levels are well designed and realistic, though it's the indoor levels where the game looks best. The Unreal engine has never looked so good.

Unfortunately, you'll need a Voodoo3 card to experience this splendor at its fullest. Even on a high-end Nvidia TNT2 Ultra card, the game looked pitifully bad in Direct3D mode. OpenGL was not much better and was far less stable. To make matters worse, the game chugs along painfully on most non-3dfx systems. Granted, a very fast machine with a TNT2 Ultra or GeForce 256 card and the latest GLSetup drivers would be sufficient - but the game will still look and run better with a Voodoo3. Still, if you have the right hardware, it's tough to beat Wheel of Time for sheer graphical beauty.

It's also tough to beat the game's story, which is nearly as complex as a Jordan novel. Told through a series of elaborately animated cutscenes, the story very effectively sets up each level in the game. Though the 3D character models leave a lot to be desired, the dialogue is well-written and informative, and the story does an excellent job of absorbing you into the adventure overall.

Even the way in which the single-player game builds up to its unique final challenge is intriguing and well-executed. You are led almost directly into the game's multiplayer citadel mode, so by the time you complete the single-player levels, you are almost fully prepared to tackle Wheel of Time in multiplayer mode. Though the play modes are not tightly integrated, it is refreshing to see the two tied together in light of the traditional arms-length distancing of single and multiplayer modes in first-person shooters.

Multiplayer support in Wheel of Time is excellent and features two distinct play modes. The first is basically a deathmatch. However, because of the ter'angreal, this deathmatch is more akin to Hexen than to the Quake or Unreal games. The complex artifact inventory system may prove too distracting for some players, while multiplayer Hexen fans will probably not be fazed at all.

Citadel, the game's other multiplayer mode, is very similar to capture the flag, except you can fortify your fortress (or citadel) with traps and computer-controlled guards. This is the mode that is likely to win Wheel of Time a sizeable online following. Placing traps and guards is challenging, but it's also a lot of fun and very satisfying when it works properly. You'll get a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever a would-be invader steps on a spear trap just as he's about to reach your seal.

Although there are a few glitches and apparent design flaws in Wheel of Time, none of them seriously hurt the game. For example, on one level in which Elayna must defend a dungeon from numerous waves of attack, no enemies showed up even after a 20-minute wait. Restarting the level fixed the problem. Other minor annoyances include enemy archers that fire their arrows at the speed of light and hit you easily even when you move out from behind cover for only a split second. Also, the game could use a better mode for practicing the multiplayer citadel mode, as the existing tutorial rushes you into and out of the action. Of course, you can learn the game through online experience, but there are those who would rather get their bearings straight before venturing onto the servers.

None of these small concerns significantly distract from the overall experience. It is an extremely solid action game built on an excellent story and dressed up with stunning graphics. Is it all that the prerelease hype may have led you to believe? No. Because the gameplay is essentially that of a pure shooter, there are certain to be some Robert Jordan fans who aren't completely pleased with the action-packed take on the Wheel of Time universe. But having said that, it is very difficult to dislike a game that delivers such an absorbing and exciting fantasy adventure.
By Michael E. Ryan
Posted Nov 30, 1999 12:00 am PT
Print this Story

here is the url including 2 bonuspacks happy downloading:p

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/wheeloftime/index.html

picture

some pictures are from the 2005 wot:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 10:38 AM
i fish that up for you
look at the urls up here there is a wot from 2005 happy downloading :p
And from 1991 also a demo version ill take a look for some torrent files stay tuned.

ok here thy are the file from isohunt is when downloading 1,2 gb big i think that is the 2005 version the other s the demo version happy downloading:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 10:52 AM
all updates for wot are here :

Wizards Gets Rights to Wheel of Time
The tabletop role-playing company Wizards of the Coast secures the rights to Robert Jordan's fantasy novel series.
NEWS - Posted Nov 6, 2000 3:14 pm PT Wheel of Time Kingdom Come bonus map
A bonus map for you!
DOWNLOAD - Posted Jan 27, 2000 12:00 am PT Wheel of Time: The Inquisition bonus map
A bonus map for Wheel of Time.
DOWNLOAD - Posted Jan 27, 2000 12:00 am PT The Wheel of Time Review
REVIEW - Posted Nov 30, 1999 12:00 am PT Wheel of Time demo
Try out Wheel of Time with this demo.
DOWNLOAD - Posted Nov 12, 1999 2:57 pm PT Wheel of Time server patch
If you're hosting a Wheel of Time server, get this patch
DOWNLOAD - Posted Nov 12, 1999 12:00 am PT Wheel of Time D3D patch
This patch should improve Direct3D performance on TNT2 cards
DOWNLOAD - Posted Nov 12, 1999 12:00 am PT Wheel of Time
What do you get when you cross acclaimed fantasy author Robert Jordan's novels with the Unreal engine? Ron Dulin explains.
PREVIEW - Posted Sep 16, 1999 12:00 am PT
sourch:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/wheeloftime/news.html?mode=all

happy downloading

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 11:01 AM
i will take a look on edonkey and bearshare also:p
delacroix stay tuned i,m online today till 20:30 in the evening

Exus Tecius
20th Apr 2006, 11:11 AM
hey mate:)
i repeat once again.we are looking in this thread for the first unreal beta if possible with the dragon included.and i am talking about the unreal mady by epic games.got it?

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 11:12 AM
Tyrian 2000Tyrian is one of the best top-down shooters ever made for the PC, period. With excellent graphics, smooth animations, and many inventive enemies and levels, it remains one of the best-loved shooters that still stay on many fans? hard drives. Newcomer XSIV Games had a lot to live up to in developing the unofficial sequel to this masterpiece, but fortunately, Tyrian 2000 more than deserves the Tyrian name.

First look at the game should comfort every old-school arcade fans that XSIV Games is on the right track. Instead of upgrading the original game?s graphics to modern-day 3D pizzazz, the designers chose to use the same 2D VGA graphics that Tyrian fans are familiar with. The game offers several game modes including: One Player Full Game, One Player Arcade Game, Timed Battle, and Two Player Arcade Game. The game has three difficulty levels, 10 ships and over 100 weapons. The goal in every mode is basically the same: blow away your enemies and rake in as many points you can, and try not to die. You only have one life, but there are enough power-ups and add-ons to keep you going as long as you don't become careless.

The difference between One Player Full mode and the other modes is the option to buy new parts for your ship before every level. Your flight takes you through a set of campaign missions, and credits are built up by collecting points and space coins which flip through the air after you destroy certain vessels. Eventually you can upgrade your rear, side, and front guns, making your ship a force to be reckoned with. The high difficulty level of Tyrian is back, but even more difficult this time around. You have shields that are constantly diminishing, there's no way to prevent yourself from getting hit unless you have godlike reflexes, so you need to be careful.

The sound is very nice, with original synthesized music tracks, and a jukebox to play them outside the game. These tracks come in CD Audio format, so you can also play them in an ordinary CD player. With 65 levels that span over 5 episodes, multiplayer modes, and the same furious gameplay that Tyrian fans miss, Tyrian 2000 deserves to go down in history as one of the best shooter sequels ever made. Billed as an affordable alternative arcade game, Tyrian 2000 serves to remind everyone that it doesn't always take a high budget gaming machine to satisfy.
Downloads:
Source 1 - Download (4952kB)
Source 2 - Download (4910kB)

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/arcade_action/games_tr_u/tyrian_2000.html
sourch :

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 11:15 AM
great sourch here
http://www.dosgames.com

take a look

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 11:34 AM
i repeat once again.we are looking in this thread for the first unreal beta if possible with the dragon included.and i am talking about the unreal mady by epic games.got it?
if you are bether with searching go ahead!nobody stops you here!
got it?another thing i did find a unreal from 1991 if you scrol back you can download him woot!

Exus Tecius
20th Apr 2006, 11:40 AM
if you are bether with searching go ahead!nobody stops you here!
got it?

at least i am not getting off topic and spam the ppl to death ok?

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 11:42 AM
is not offtopic all releases where ask from other ppl around here.
this forum is getting big it,s the only way too find something.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 11:51 AM
there is a older unreal on the internet if you are REALY LOOKING what i left here you can find a unreal from 1990 cheerz :p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 11:55 AM
here are some unreal patches from
gamespot.com

url:http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?type=11&stype=all&qs=unreal+beta&page=5&q=unreal%20beta&q=unreal%20beta&q=unreal%20beta&q=unreal%20beta

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 12:00 PM
this is the orginall pcgamer website

http://www.pcgamer.com/ wich epic release some unreal demo,s and shareware

Exus Tecius
20th Apr 2006, 12:05 PM
its all good .
pls continue scarbelly sorry if i called you spammer you arent..i wont bother you anymore.;) :cheers: :dutch:

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 12:06 PM
here some known shareware and demo releases from unreal:p

http://hypernl.altervista.org/downloads.htm#Demo's
happy downloading i dont know if the dragon is on it but i find some unreal from 1991 download here ,what i find this week is alot but this is the best no no unreal beta or something but a demo from 1991 happy downloading

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 12:07 PM
its all good .
pls continue scarbelly sorry if i called you spammer you arent..i wont bother you anymore.;) :cheers: :dutch: it,s ok happy browsing:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 12:28 PM
have a new topic here in nalicity this forum becomes too big

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2041447#post2041447

please read with care:p

Exus Tecius
20th Apr 2006, 12:53 PM
scarbelly dont worry about this forum getting to big.
we all like your news.
look at hyper unreal in the news at the mainsite;)

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 02:23 PM
scarbelly dont worry about this forum getting to big.
we all like your news.
look at hyper unreal in the news at the mainsite;)
il take a look wich website?

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 02:25 PM
founded here nice guys very nice:p

http://hypernl.thenerdnetwork.net/frameset.htm
at least we come somewhere

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 02:35 PM
The user )bee(scarbelly.nl of the BeyondUnreal forums is doing a great job in unveiling Unreal's rich history, including a working Unreal 1991 adventure game (Not made by Epic) and some interesting developers notes about features that did not or not completely make it to the final game:

Scarbelly's quote from unknown site:
What is UNREAL? That's the question that everyone has been asking. UNREAL is more than your average first person action game. It places players in a stunningly lifelike three-dimensional world, where they can pratically smell the stench of dank dungeon caverns, feel the hot breath of menacing creatures, and experience the sensations of falling, swimming and flying. Running on either Windows 95 or Windows NT, UNREAL delivers:

The Environment: The UNREAL environment is continuous. Though levels do exist, you travel between them smoothly. The entire world, whether you're playing by yourself or you're on a large network game server, is melded into one continuous global environment.

[...]

The UNREAL environment uses a full six degree of freedom geometry and physics model. This means you can look at the world from any angle and explore complex architecture with features like multiple overlapping bridges and domed ceilings. If a designer can envision a level, he can build it in Unreal.

History: In 1990, UBI Soft brought out a game for the Amiga called Unreal, which is a registered trademark of UBI Soft. Now Epic Megagames is bringing out an Unreal. UBI Soft's Unreal used stunning 2D and 3D graphics and environments, five different types of interactive music, "incredible sound effects, such as the rushing waters of a river, the crackling of a fire," a "completely interactive environment where you can run, jump, crawl, slip on snow or be blown off a cliff."

No this game is not the same plot, but we wonder about the trademark now being used by Epic MegaGames. The UBI Soft Unreal involved a dungeon, but one where the protagonist's love Isolde is imprisoned by Polymorph and must be rescued from a vast continent. I wonder if anyone else remembers the original Unreal.

[...] Special items found will allow you to morph into the monsters and fight as them similar to that seen in the Origin classic designed by Victor Penman of Raven Software.

Graphics: Unreal's visuals set a new standard for realism. Water is transparent, flames randomly flicker, moving clouds cast shadows while dynamic lighting. Buildings and dungeons are actual structures on the three dimensional landscape meaning that there is no transition or level loading when going in or out doors or portals. The graphics will feature true three dimensional features, such as dynamic lighting, shadows, and 16-bit graphics. "What we are shooting for is something half way between Quake and Myst," ssays Mark Rein, vice president of Epic MegaGames.

Artificial intelligence: Epic hired Steven Polge to do the AI for Unreal's monsters. Steven was the programmer who designed the Quake Reaper Bots, the only thing that makes Quake exciting in single player mode.

Utilities: The UnrealEd level editor will enhance game play. The 3D level editor will make it easy to design 3D action game levels. Liam says the game editor will be sold separately in his preview.

Multi-player: Unreal puts one or multiple players via the Internet, in a highly detailed 3D alien world populated by two warring races.

Head over to the "Unreal beta the beginning" thread for many more interesting facts and more interesting info +

much much greetz too hyper.nl what must i say it,s a dutch site lol keep up the good work:p
We are looking for the 1995 or 1996 demo with the dragon this is the next level of searching for beta or not shareware or not full release or not ill keep looking:palso we are looking for the 222 patch i,m sure delacroix can tell you
Also a very big help here from all you guys delacroix speciall he or she knows alot from unreal , can make patches and maby even moor.I just wanna say keep up the good work and all PLEASE KEEP ON LOOKING for this items.The items we are still looking for are not complete yet.Much much greetz )bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
20th Apr 2006, 02:37 PM
i fish later this week the sourch up for you it was a frenche site i tought sty tuned tomorow i type further!

Delacroix
20th Apr 2006, 05:31 PM
THUGLIFE - rightho, boss. But he doesn't seem to understand. I already PMed Sir_Brizz and Dark Pulse in this case... they did nearly nothing.

But there are some rare items that scarbelly made available - Unreal 223m code and this '91 Unreal DOS game. Incredible he found it, I thought it was only made for the Amiga.

BTW - Someone give me moderating privileges for just 24 hours and I'll solve this problem. Damn, one hour is enough...

zynthetic
20th Apr 2006, 05:54 PM
6 posts from other ppl out of an entire page. bee, please either collect your thoughts or make use of the edit button.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3609/spam17lf.jpg

Dark Pulse
20th Apr 2006, 09:21 PM
i fish later this week the sourch up for you it was a frenche site i tought sty tuned tomorow i type further!...such a thing couldn't exist. Pre-Doom? Pre-Wolf? Hell, practically Pre-Anything? THAT I find impossible to believe, sir. I'm calling bull**** on this one.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 03:02 AM
...such a thing couldn't exist. Pre-Doom? Pre-Wolf? Hell, practically Pre-Anything? THAT I find impossible to believe, sir. I'm calling bull**** on this one.
sorry dark pulse i dont understand what you mean.! :p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 03:04 AM
6 posts from other ppl out of an entire page. bee, please either collect your thoughts or make use of the edit button.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3609/spam17lf.jpg

that,s good zynthethic wich forum is it from beyond unreal you mean?

big deal i found something lol :p

Delacroix
21st Apr 2006, 03:08 AM
You just don't understand, do you? Shut yourself, Scarbelly. Shut yourself now!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 03:09 AM
ok now we found a unreal version from a other software-house.
The only problem we have now that there is a huge gap between 1991 and 1995.I don,t know if anny versions come between those years i keep you informed, 4 years we are missing!!
first thing i doo is looking wich software house it was or is maby thy have still a website.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 03:12 AM
THUGLIFE - rightho, boss. But he doesn't seem to understand. I already PMed Sir_Brizz and Dark Pulse in this case... they did nearly nothing.

But there are some rare items that scarbelly made available - Unreal 223m code and this '91 Unreal DOS game. Incredible he found it, I thought it was only made for the Amiga.

BTW - Someone give me moderating privileges for just 24 hours and I'll solve this problem. Damn, one hour is enough...

lol :p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 03:42 AM
did find some old unreal screen saver

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 03:58 AM
did find some old unreal screen saver

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 04:02 AM
some info from 1998
http://www.d128.com/archive/Aug98_2.html#21

here are the archives

happy browsing

http://www.d128.com/archive/

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 04:14 AM
2 patches for unreal 1998

v2.25f

Unreal v2.25f patch

Screenshots (5)
Download Now Filename: unrealpatch225f.exe
Size: 7.2MB
Posted: Jun 21, 1999
Downloads: 179
Makes a number of fixes to sound, visuals and gameplay
Minimum System Requirements:
16 MB RAM, 2 MB VRAM, 100 MB disk space

the v2.24 patch

Filename: unrealpatch224v.exe
Size: 7.0MB
Posted: May 27, 1999
Downloads: 201
An unreal patch for an unreal game
Minimum System Requirements:
16 MB RAM, 2 MB VRAM, 100 MB disk space

sourch:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unreal/index.html?q=unreal

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 04:22 AM
huge page from atari

Unreal - PC

Installation | Error Messages | Video Issues | Sound Issues | Multiplayer Issues | Control Issues | General Troubleshooting | Improving Performance | General Questions | Hints/Cheat Codes | Downloads

System Requirements
The following is a description of the minimum system you can use to run Unreal. If you attempt to run Unreal on a system that does not meet or exceed these requirements, the game will not run correctly, or not at all.

To run Unreal, you must have:

a 166 MHz Pentium class computer
16 megabytes of RAM
A video card with 2 megabytes of video RAM.
Windows 95 installed
A CD-ROM drive
100 megabytes of free hard drive space

Although Unreal will run with the system mentioned above, it's performance may suffer under certain conditions. A system that has the following devices will run the game very well under most if not all conditions:

a 233 Megahertz Pentium MMX or Pentium II processor
32 or 64 megabytes of RAM
A 3dfx Voodoo class 3d accelerator
450 megabytes of free hard drive space

If you are a hard core gamer that demands extreme performance under all conditions, the following components will do the trick for you:

A Pentium II 266 or faster processor
64 or 128 megabytes of RAM
A 3dfx Voodoo or Voodoo2 class 3D accelerator

Installation

Before you install Unreal, you should quit all other applications you have running. This includes any background tasks you may have running such as screen savers, virus scanners, etc.

Next, insert the Unreal CD into your CD-ROM drive. If an installation screen does not appear, you probably have the Windows 95 AutoPlay feature turned off, and will have to bring up the installation screen manually. To do this, Double click on the My Computer icon, then on your CD-ROM drive icon, then on the Setup.exe file.

Once the installation screen appears, follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
During the installation process, you will be asked to install DirectX. It is highly recommended that you install this feature for optimal performance.

Error Messages

I see a "General Protection Fault" when opening the Advanced Options Menu.
This problem usually occurs as the result of outdated video card drivers. Update your drivers to the latest version available.

For more information on this topic, please see our How to Update your Drivers FAQ.
I see a "Server Full", "Server is already at capacity" or "Assertion Failed" error when trying to load a saved game.
To fix this problem, you'll need to edit the unreal.ini file in the Unreal System folder like this:

Double click the My Computer icon on your Windows desktop.
Double click the icon for the hard drive where you installed the game files (Usually C:).
Double click the folder where the game files are installed (usually "Unreal").
Double click the System folder.
Double click the icon for the file named Unreal.ini.
Find the section of this file labeled Engine.Gameinfo.
Find the entry for MaxPlayers.
Change the value next to MaxPlayers from 16 to 32.
Click on "File".
Click on "Save".
Exit Notepad.
Try loading your saved game again.

This error occurs if you have Reference drivers from 3dfx installed for your card. Unreal does not support these drivers. You will need to get the latest patch for this game.
When trying to start the game, I see the following error message:

Critical error:
Assertion failed : CacheItems! :NULL [File: F:\Unreal\Core\Src\Uncache.cpp] [ Line : 414 ]

History : FMemCache::Flush <- FGlideTMU::Flush <- UGlideRenderDevice::Flush <- UGlideRenderDevice::Init <- TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::Open Window <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

This error occurs if you have Reference drivers from 3dfx installed for your card. Unreal does not support these drivers. You will need to get the latest patch.

I have a 3dfx Voodoo 2 or Voodoo 3 card and see an error message that mentions "Glide".

Download and install the latest reference drivers for your card from the 3dfx website at:

http://www.3dfx.com

If Unreal does not work properly after installing this file, you will need the latest patch.

When I try to launch the Unreal editor, an error message comes up that reads: "Error 50003 in Core.dll"

Before you launch the editor, make sure that you have the Microsoft Game Device Profiler disabled. The Game Device Profiler will appear as a small icon next to the clock on your Windows 95 task bar. Just right click on this icon, then click on disable. The editor will not launch with the profiler running.

While playing Unreal, an error message reading "Unreal has run out of virtual memory" came up, and the game stopped playing.

You need to free up more hard disk space on your primary drive in order to play. Unreal's large levels and rich textures take up a lot of virtual memory. We recommend having 100 megabytes of free hard disk space for running the game, and 200 megabytes or more of free hard disk space for the editor.

When trying to start the Unreal Editor, I got an error message stating "Unexpected Error" or "Wrong version of runtime DLL"

The Unreal Editor requires Visual Basic 5 Runtime DLL's to run. If you do not have the correct version of these files installed on your system, you can download updated DLL files from our FTP server at:

ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/unreal/vbrun60.exe

After downloading, double click on the vbrun60.exe file and click on Unzip. When done unzipping, click on Close. Now open the 'Unreal Patch' folder on your Win95 Desktop and run the setup.exe file to run the patch install. Once the updated is installed, you can delete the 'Unreal Patch' folder from your Desktop

After installing Unreal, and then rebooting my computer, an error message came up stating "this version of CTL3D32.DLL is for Windows NT"

In some cases, the Unreal install program will overwrite your current version of CTL3D32.DLL with the NT enhanced version. While the game will run just fine with this version, it may cause problems with other programs.

To correct this, you can download an update from our FTP site at:

ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/unreal/vbrun60.exe

After downloading, double click on the vbrun60.exe file and click on Unzip. When done unzipping, click on Close. Now open the 'Unreal Patch' folder on your Win95 Desktop and run the setup.exe file to run the patch install. Once the updated is installed, you can delete the 'Unreal Patch' folder from your Desktop.

The game installed OK, but when I try to run the game I get an error that reads "General Protection Fault: History: Init_Engine" And then the launcher quits. What's wrong?

This error usually occurs on systems that do not meet the minimum system requirements for the game as listed on the box and at the top of this document. If your system does not meet or exceed these requirements, our technicians will not be able to help you to get the game running.

This error can also occur on systems using Cyrix processors. In this case, the problem can be fixed by installing the latest upgrade patch for Unreal. You can download the patch from here.

When installing the game, I see an error message stating "An error occurred during the move data process-113, component engine, file group engine, file n:\system\sktrooperskins.int".

This error occurs if any of your disk drives are using MS-DOS compatibility mode. Drives that are in compatibility mode cannot read long Windows 95 filenames.

Try the following:

Using a text editor such as notepad.exe, open the file C:\CONFIG.SYS. Look for any entries that contain any information about your CD-ROM drive. At the beginning of each of thee lines, type in REM in capital letters. This will force your computer to ignore these lines when you reboot.

Do the same in the file C:AUTOEXEC.BAT, except this time, REM out any lines that contain the word MSCDEX.

Using the RIGHT mouse button, click on My Computer and select Properties, then select the Device Manager tab, and LEFT click on the plus sign next to the entry for CD-ROM.

Highlight the entry for your CD-ROM drive (it should be directly under the word CD ROM after clicking the plus sign) and click the REMOVE button.

Click on OK, then reboot your computer. Windows should re-detect your CD-ROM drive and install 32-bit drivers for it. If it doesn't, then you'll have to contact the manufacturer of your CD-ROM drive or computer and get the latest Win95 drivers for your CD-ROM drive.

For more information about updating your drivers, please refer to our How to Update Your Drivers FAQ.

Unreal should now install just fine.

Video Issues

For help with getting the game to work with your 3D accelerator card, see the section "3D Accelerators".

I can't seem to access the lower resolution screen modes in the game.

Some older DirectDraw drivers do not support low resolution 16 and 32-bit color modes. If the only full-screen options shown in Unreal are high-res, you might try obtaining a newer DirectDraw driver for your video card.

If you have not already done so, try installing DirectX 5.0 from the Unreal CD. If this doesn't work, contact your computer or video card manufacturer for the latest DirectX drivers for your card.

For more information about updating your drivers, please refer to our How to Update Your Drivers FAQ.

The game is playing in a small window. How can I make it play in the full screen?

Press the ENTER key on your keyboard while holding down the ALT key while the game is running. The game should instantly switch to full screen mode. Or, you can pick a full screen mode directly from the Advanced Options menu.

When I try to switch to full screen mode, the game goes right back to a window, displays an error message, or crashes.

Some video drivers do not properly support DirectDraw full-screen mode in 16- or 32-bit color at any resolution. Try installing DirectX 5 from the CD. If this does not work, you can try to obtain the latest DirectX driver update for your card from your computer or video card manufacturer.

I'm running Windows NT, and the game crashes when I switch back and forth from the software renderer to 3DFX more than once.

Currently, we do not have a fix for this problem. The best way to avoid this problem is to stick with one rendering option.

Once in a while I get weird garbage graphics on wall textures or creatures.

Hit the TAB key and type in FLUSH. Your problem should clear up.

When running Unreal, the picture on my monitor is off-center and/or some of it is not visible off the edges of the monitor.

Unreal runs in video modes that your monitor might never have used before. Just use the controls on your monitor to set the size, centering, and geometry of the picture. This will not change the settings for any of your other video modes and you should only have to do it once with Unreal.

3D Accelerators
I have a 3D-accelerator card that supports 3DFX Glide, PowerVR, Direct3D or OpenGL. How can I switch Unreal into the correct mode for my card?

From the Unreal main menu:

Select "Options". Select "Advanced Options". Click on "Drivers". Click on "GameRenderDevice". Click on the correct renderer for your type of card.

Please note that OpenGL and Direct3D modes will only be listed if you have upgraded the game to version 2.18 or higher. For information on how to upgrade to the latest version, see the section near the bottom of this document labeled "Patch Information". If you already have the latest patch installed, read on.

I've installed the latest patch for Unreal and the latest drivers for my card but I still can't get Direct3D mode to work.

Unreal's Direct3D mode requires DirectX version 6. The Unreal CD shipped with DirectX 5. You can download version 6 from Microsoft's web site at:

http://www.microsoft.com/directx/download.asp

If you've already tried this and you have a card that uses the ATI Rage Pro chipset, see the section for that card below.

I'm using a 3DFX Voodoo Rush based 3D accelerator card, and cannot get the game to play.

The latest upgrade patch for the game provides support for the Voodoo Rush chipset. This patch is still in it's BETA stage and may not work for all Voodoo Rush based cards. You can download the patch from our Unreal Downloads page.

In the meantime, you can still use the Software Rendering option to play the game. You can also try the following fix that works on come voodoo rush cards.

Install Unreal.
Download and Install the latest GLIDE beta drivers from http://www.3dfx.com
Use the Win95 Find option to find all instances of 'glide2x*. DLL' and all instances of fxmemmap.vxd, then delete all of them from your hard drive.
On the Unreal CD, run the 'grtvgr.exe' file in the \glide\ folder.
Reboot your computer.

You should now get acceleration from your Voodoo Rush Card.

I have a 3dfx Voodoo 2 card, and the graphics don't look right, or the game doesn't run smoothly.

Download and install the latest reference drivers for your card from the 3dfx website at:

http://www.3dfx.com

If Unreal does not work properly after installing this file, you will need the "Unreal Glide Driver with Multi Texture Support for Voodoo 2" patch available from our Unreal Downloads page

I have a Voodoo Banshee based card and after installing the Unreal 2.19 or later patch, the game will no longer play.

In order to run this card in Glide or OpenGL mode you must download and install the appropriate reference drivers for your type of card from the 3dfx website.

Please note that even with the current reference driver installed, the Banshee still cannot support OpenGL in a window, and cannot switch from fullscreen to a window without crashing. This will hopefully be addressed in future revisions to the driver.

I have a Riva TNT based card and after installing the Unreal 2.19 or higher patch, the game will no longer play.

If you do not have the latest drivers for your TNT based card, you will experience problems when trying to run the game in OpenGL or Direct3D. If you already have the latest drivers for your particular card installed, but the game still won't work, try installing version 0.48 of the TNT reference drivers. These are available at www.nvidia.com under the "drivers" link in the support section.

Once you have installed the drivers, restart your machine so that they can take effect. The game should then run in OpenGL or Direct3D mode just fine.

I have a card that uses the Riva 128/128ZX chipset and OpenGL mode won't work properly.

Install the latest reference drivers from Riva, currently version 2.77. You can download these drivers on the Internet from www.rivazone.com under the DRIVERS link.

You must also have installed the latest upgrade patch to Unreal. Only versions 2.18 and later have OpenGL as an available rendering option.

I'm using a card with the ATI Rage Pro chipset and can't get Unreal to work in Direct3D mode.

Download and install the new Beta reference drivers from the ATI Website.

You must also have installed the latest upgrade patch to Unreal. Only versions 2.18 and later have Direct3D as an available rendering option.

I'm using a 3D card that was not mentioned and I'm having problems using it with this game.

You probably just need to update your card's drivers. Check with the card manufacturer to see if a newer driver is available.

Sound Issues

I'm using an Aureal A3D 3D sound accelerator board such as the Diamond Monster Sound 3D. How do I enable 3D sound support?

You need to go into the Advanced Options Menu, and under Audio, turn on Use3dHardware to enable 3D sound card support.

You must then disable the Aureal's "A3D Splash Screen" in the Aureal configuration utility. If this is not disabled, Unreal may be unable to go into full-screen mode because of the splash screen interfering.

When I enable 3D Sound support, the game slows down dramatically.

You need to upgrade to the latest version of Aureal's A3D drivers. You can get these on the World Wide Web here.

My sound effects tend to lag behind the rest of the game when playing under Windows NT.

Because of the way operating system works, many Windows NT machines experience significant latency in their sound effects. There is no solution to this problem at this time.

I can't get 3D audio support to work right.

There is a patch available that will fix this problem. You can download the patch and find instructions for installing it on the World Wide Web here.

I'm using a Monster Sound M80 Sound Card and certain sounds tend to get "stuck". How can I fix this?

The Audio Patch available here should fix this problem. If you don't have Internet access or don't want to download this file, you can try turning down hardware acceleration in the Monster Sound Setup utility.

Why can't I select my sound card driver in the Drivers section of the Advanced Options menu?

The Galaxy audio driver listed is not a hardware driver for you sound card, but a software driver for the Galaxy audio system that Unreal uses. You do not need to select your own card's driver.

Multiplayer

While playing on the Internet, the game gets very slow or choppy.

There is a patch available that will fix this problem. You can download the patch from here. If you have already downloaded the patch, and still have problems with lag, here are some more solutions that you can try:

Go into Advanced Options / Networking / TCPIP Network Driver, and set your "ByteLimit" as follows:

For 28.8K modems, first try 2500. If you still get ÜberLag, try backing down to 2200. If that fails, try 2000. Some modems and ISP connections get significantly better bandwidth than others. For 56K modems, try 3000. If that fails, then try 3500 then 2000.

If you still have major lag problems, follow these steps:

Go into "Advanced Options" / "Networking" / "TCPIP Network Driver" and hit the "Reset to defaults" button to wipe out any custom settings that might affect the results.

Go into "Join Game" and choose your Internet speed. Be conservative (choose 28.8K unless you know you have a 56K or 64K connection).

Connect to a known-good server (such as WON).

On the console, type "RATE 20", which limits your frame rate to 20 fps.

Try playing for at least 5 minutes.

If the lag is reasonable -> Try increasing the rate slightly (i.e. RATE 25)got go back to step c.

If you experience huge lag -> Try decreasing the rate (i.e. RATE 15) and go back to step a.

I'm trying to play a LAN game of Unreal, but when I start it the computer returns to Windows with an error that says: "Dedicated Server can't listen: Not connected to Internet."

This error can be fixed by changing your Windows 95 network properties like this:

Click on Start
Click on Settings
Click on Control Panel.
Double click the "Network" icon.
In the list of installed components, double click on the TCP/IP protocol for your network adapter, NOT on the TCP/IP protocol for your dial up adapter!
Click on "Specify an IP address"
Type in an IP address for your computer. This address MUST start with 196, 197, or 198.
Click on OK.
9. Exit the control panel.

Your machine is now set up properly, but you must now make sure that all of the other computers on your network that will be involved in the game have similar IP numbers.

Example: Your Computer 198.138.98.1
Computer #2 198.138.98.2
Computer #3 198.138.98.3

Note that the first 3 fields (or parts) of these IP addresses are all identical. Only the last section should change, and only by 1 digit for each machine. This will ensure that your LAN game will work properly and that all computers will be able to connect.

I'm trying to set up a Botmatch using the instructions on page 10 of the Unreal manual, but it's not working.

Last minute tweaks to Unreal after the manual was printed changed this procedure considerably. To start a botmatch, select GAME from the Unreal main menu, then select Botmatch. Use the options in the Botmatch menu to set up your game type, map, and to configure the individual bots. Then, use the Start Game option to begin the game.

How do I play a multiplayer game?

If your computer is on a local area network, you can simply start a game from the multiplayer menu, and other players on your network can join in using the Join command in the Multiplayer menu.

If you want to play over the Internet, have an active TCP/IP connection running. In other words, you must be connected to the Internet. Then, to start a game, simply select Start in the multiplayer menu, and give out your IP address to others so that they can join. An easy way to find your IP address is to click on Start, then on Run, then type in winipcfg and press Enter.

To join an Internet game from the multiplayer menu, just type in the IP address of the game you wish to join and then press Enter. Or, enter the IP address into the favorites list for future games.

Why can't I play Unreal over the Internet with my 14.4 modem?

The minimum speed connection for acceptable Internet play performance is a 28.8K modem connection to your Internet Service Provider.

Every time a new player joins in our network game, the game pauses for a moment.

When a new player enters a network game, clients may experience a 1/4-second pause while the mesh, skin, and other data is loaded for that player. This is by design.

While playing on the Internet, the game gets very slow or choppy.

Unreal Internet play performance is highly dependent on the bandwidth of your connection, latency or ping time, and packet loss. The game is designed to be playable up to 300 millisecond ping times, 5% packet loss, and 28.8K connection speeds. Game performance degrades heavily under worse latency, packet loss, and bandwidth connections.

I was playing a multiplayer game of Unreal when I suddenly appeared in what looks like a jail cell. How do I get out?

If you are playing a deathmatch level with a frag limit or a time limit, the server is probably just switching to the next level. Next time, wait about 10 seconds to see if you appear on a new level. If you don't, you may have been disconnected from the server you were playing on. Press ESC, then use the menus to reconnect or join a new server.

I'm having trouble hosting an Unreal server…

There is a patch available that will allow you to run multiple Unreal servers per machine on the net, run a dedicated server without the CD in the drive, and allow clients to connect if you have a modified IpDrv.u file. This patch is available on the World Wide Web here.

How do I launch a Dedicated Server?

There is an option to launch a dedicated server from the Unreal Start menu. You can also launch a dedicated server from the command line for more control over gameplay options. For more information on this topic, please see the section entitled Dedicated Network Servers in the readme.txt file on your Unreal CD.

Control Issues

Why can't I jump, fire, and move at the same time?

Some PC keyboards can't recognize certain combinations of 3 or more keys pressed at the same time. You may want to try changing the key assignments for frequently used actions. An even better solution would be to play using the mouse. Using the mouse may take some getting used to, but it's a safe bet that you'll be a better player in the long run.

My joystick or other controller won't work in the game!

In order for a joystick to work correctly in Unreal, you must first be sure it is installed correctly in windows 95. To find out, click on Start, then on Settings, then on Control Panel, then on Joysticks. If your joystick is not listed, you will need to install it. Check the documentation that came with your joystick for further instructions.

If the joystick is present, make sure that it is calibrated, and then test it to see if all of the buttons are working.

Once the joystick is set up properly in Windows 95, you can set it up in the Customize Controls section of the Unreal Options menu.

My Joystick or Gamepad will only Strafe, or move from side to side. How can I change it so that my character can turn?

Click on "Options"
Click on "Advanced Options"
In the window that appears, click on "Advanced"
Click on "Raw Key Bindings"
Now scroll down until you find the line that reads "JoyX Axis astrafe speed=2"
Click on this line once
Click on the right hand side of this line and delete all the text that is there.
Type in the following: Axis aBaseX speed=2

Now you can close the advanced options window and try playing again. Your joystick should work normally. If you still want to strafe from time to time, you can bind any key you like to STRAFE in the Unreal controller setup menu.

How can I use the mousewheel on my Microsoft Intellimouse with Unreal?

Mousewheels aren't currently supported in Unreal. However, there is a work around. Use the IntelliMouse Extended Driver for Quake. This works for any mouse with a wheel. You can download the file and step by step instructions on how to use it on the World Wide Web at http://buzzkill.stomped.com.

My "Center View" key will not work in the game, no matter what it's set to.

Select "Options"
Set LookSpring to "True"

As long as you have it set this way, your center view key will work.

General Troubleshooting

My computer is having trouble reading or recognizing the Unreal CD. It works fine with all of my other CD's.

Many newer CD-ROM drives have built in features than can conflict with Windows 95's CD-ROM features. To fix these conflicts:

Click on Start
Click on Settings
Click on Control Panel
Double click the System icon
Click on the Performance tab on the top of the window
Click on the File System button
Click on the CD-ROM tab.
Set your Supplemental cache size slider all the way to the left
Set the Optimize access pattern box to "No read-ahead."
Click the OK buttons on the two windows you have open
Reboot your computer if it asks you to.
Try to install or run the game again.

When I start the game in Safe Mode, I cannot change any options in the "Advanced Options" menu.

There is a way to start the game in Safe Mode and still be able to modify your advanced options:

Click on the Windows 95 START button
Click on Run
Type in the following command line:

C:\Unreal\System\Unreal.exe -nosound -noddraw -nodsound -nohard

If you did not install Unreal to the default directory of "C:\Unreal", substitute the correct drive letter and directory name in the command line in step #3.

Unreal locks up the first time I try to run it.

Try starting Unreal in Unreal Safe Mode from the Windows 95 Start menu. This mode is similar to Windows 95's Safe Mode, meaning it runs Unreal with sound, DirectDraw, and 3D-hardware support disabled.

If this works, you can modify the options in Unreal's Advanced Options menu to turn off any options that may be causing problems, then run Unreal again.

My game suddenly crashes to the Desktop from time to time, and does not display any error message.

If you are using an AMD K6 processor and have modified it to run at a bus speed of 83 or 100 MHz, you must reset it to run at 66 MHz. AMD states that 66 MHz is the only safe bus speed supported by the K6. Once you have done this, the game should stop crashing.

First, make sure that you have closed all other applications before playing. To make sure you get rid of all of them, press control alt delete once to bring up the task manger, and end all tasks except Explorer and Systray.

If that doesn't help, try installing the Microsoft DirectX drivers from the CD. You can do this by clicking on Start, then on Programs, then on Unreal, then on Information, and finally on install DirectX. After DirectX finishes installing, you will need to reboot your computer to activate the drivers. Then, try running Unreal again.

You should always save your game from time to time, especially after completing a difficult area. This way, if the game crashes, you won't have to start over.

My game locks up from time to time.

First, make sure that you have closed all other applications before playing. To make sure you get rid of all of them, press control alt delete once to bring up the task manger, and end all tasks except Explorer and Systray.

If you are playing in full-screen and do not have a 3DFX accelerator, try turning off UseDirectSound in the Advanced Options/Audio menu. You can also prevent this problem by playing the game in a window.

If you have overclocked your Voodoo2 card, it may be overheating. Turn off your overclocking settings and try again. You can even try lowering your Voodoo2's clock rate to reduce overheating. If this isn't enough, increase the ventilation around your computer. If all else fails, turn off "Detail Textures" and "Volumetric Lighting". Some users have reported that this eliminates or reduces the frequency of the lockups.

The game tries to install itself every time I put the CD into the drive!

There are a few ways to get around this problem. The easiest way is to run Unreal first, and wait until it asks for the CD. You can also disable the AutoPlay feature on your system. To do this, click on start, then on settings, then on control panel, then double click the system icon. Now Click on the Device Manager tab, and click on the plus sign next to CD-ROM drives. Finally, double-click on your CD-ROM drive, and under the Settings tab, uncheck auto-insert notification.

Why is there no help file for the Unreal editor?

As stated in the game's documentation, the Unreal editor bundled with the game is only a pre-release beta version of the Actual Editor that will be released as a separate product. Certain features have not yet been implemented, including a help file.

There is, however, a short tutorial on the use of the editor in the Unreal/Help directory that is created when the game installed. Just double click on this file and scroll down until you see the section that deals with the Unreal editor.

How can I transfer my saved games to another computer, or keep my saved games after uninstalling the game?

Even if you keep your saved games when you uninstall, you will not be able to load up those saved games directly. This is because Unreal keeps track of which games you've saved, and a re-install of the game will not recognize your old saved games.

There is, however, a way around this. Copy your saved game files from the Unreal/Save folder into a completely separate folder on your hard driver, then uninstall Unreal.

When you re-install the game, save as many new games as you had old saved games… for instance, if you had 3 saved games before, save 3 new games now.

Exit out of Unreal, and copy over the new game files with your old game files. This will force Unreal to use your old saved games.

I can't seem to open UnrealEd's script editor.

There is a patch available that will fix this problem. You can download the patch and find instructions for installing it on the World Wide Web here.

Improving Performance

Make that your system meets the minimum system requirements to run the game. If it does not, you may be able to increase performance by following some of tips in this section, but don't be surprised if performance still suffers.
Close ALL other applications prior to running Unreal. This includes background tasks such as virus scanners, screen savers, and anything else you may see an icon for on your taskbar. To be absolutely sure that you are not running any unneeded applications, press control-alt-delete ONCE from the Windows 95 taskbar to bring up the task manager. End all tasks EXCEPT for Systray and Explorer. Ending either of these two tasks will crash your computer.
If you are not using a 3DFX or PowerVR based accelerator card, Unreal will default to software rendering. This is far slower than the renderer that you would use if you had an accelerator installed. If you cannot or do not want to buy an accelerator card, try running the game in a lower resolution, or in a window.
On nearly all machines, Unreal runs optimally in 16-bit color mode (rather than 32-bit color). You can select 16-bit color either from the main Unreal window. Alternatively, if you set your desktop resolution to 16-bit color, then Unreal defaults to 16-bit color.
The sound playback rate defaults to 22 kHz, which is optimal for Pentium machines with MMX. If you have an older, non-MMX machine, you can get better performance (though lower sound quality) by setting the playback rate to 11 kHz in the "Advanced Options" menu. If you have a fast, shiny new Pentium II, you might try using 44 kHz for the ultimate in sound quality.
If your computer is hooked up to a Dolby SurroundSound receiver, you should go into "Advanced Options" and turn on the "UseSurround" to take advantage of 360-degree Dolby sound panning, which rocks.
The "Advanced Options" menu contains many settings that enable you to trade off detail for performance. Check out the readme.txt file on your Unreal CD for more information.
Unreal's performance is highly dependent on the amount of memory that you have in your machine, and the amount of memory that is available. Machines with less memory will access their hard disk more frequently to load data, which causes sporadic pauses in game play. So, if you have a 32 megabyte (or less) machine, and you have already closed down any unnecessary programs loaded in memory, you may want to consider obtaining more memory. With memory prices continually falling, it's now reasonably affordable to upgrade to 64 or 128 megabytes of memory.
Unreal is very sensitive to CPU speed, memory bandwidth, and cache performance. Thus, it runs far better on leading-edge processors such as Pentium II's than it does on older ones such as non-MMX Pentiums.
For even more tips on improving performance, check out the "Smiling Nali Tips and Tweaks" page under the support link on the Unreal web site at www.unreal.com.

General Questions

How do I make my own levels?

The Unreal Editor is included on the Unreal CD. If you have already installed the editor, it will appear under Unreal in the Windows Start Menu.

Making your own levels is a complicated process that cannot be adequately explained by technical support. For documentation on using the Unreal editor, please visit the Unreal website at WWW.UNREAL.COM. This information is also available in the readme.txt file located on your Unreal CD, and in the Unreal Editor Tutorial document.

What 3D accelerators are supported by Unreal?

The retail version of Unreal natively supports 3DFX or PowerVR based cards. In order to use a Voodoo Rush or OpenGL based card, you will need to download an upgrade patch from our Unreal Downloads page.
How do I play the game with a third person view like in Tomb Raider?

Just follow these steps:

Open the Unreal console by pressing the ~ (tilde) key.
Type in behindview 1.

Your game should now run in 3rd person view. Some of the functions in the game may not work as expected when playing in this view. You can type in behindview 0 to go back to 1st person mode at any time during the game.

E-Mail Support Back to Top

Click the Email Support button below to contact us if the above FAQ has not answered your question.

Questions and Comments About This Site?

© 2003 Atari
Read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service

source:http://www.atari.com/us/support/faq/unreal_pc.asp

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 05:09 AM
also a pdf file here take a look

sources:http://oldunreal.game-host.org/oldunrealpatches.html

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 05:29 AM
you must have dosbox otherwise you can not play the game!:p

these are the files you need cheerz
)bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 05:33 AM
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=2812

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 05:43 AM
demo here
http://www.unrealnation.com/idgames.d/wheeloftime/demo/

and 2 patches

http://www.unrealnation.com/idgames.d/wheeloftime/official/

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 06:09 AM
1 pic info about wot demo. I just did played the demo for 5 minuuts must say looks great but that,s because it,s a game programmed with the unreal engine.:p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 06:29 AM
wikipedia unreal source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal

)bee(scarbelly.nl
21st Apr 2006, 06:50 AM
here a release for the amiga is same unreal as pc version

http://hol.abime.net/1819

happy browsing :p

here is the amiga version of unreal

was mistaken i think this is the unreal 1 patch

That patch applies to Unreal (c) 1990 Ordilogic Systems/Ubi Soft,
PAL- and NTSC-version.

lol it,s a amiga patch

This install has the slave-version 1.11 and the imager-version 1.01.
It needs WHDLoad 1.1 and The Patcher1.05 or higher in the path
(eg in c:). To install from a different drive than df0: select
Expert as installation mode.

Fixed: Protection caused a stackframe error.
Keyboard handling.
Lots of blitwaits inserted.

Default quitkey is numerical *. Change it with the QUITKEY-tooltype.

Cheat mode: Type ORDILOGICUS in the title screen. The border should
flicker if it was successful.

Note: The tooltype BUTTONWAIT is set in the icon, remove it if you have
seen the loading pictures long enough.

Known bug: Sometimes there are rectangles to see at the right border.
That comes due the different timing on faster cpus, i fear you
have to live with it. I think its not too annoying.

Comment: It was heavily protected, so that one took me about 55 h to
patch. I hope you appreciate it, I think it IS worth it.

Thanks to Jeff for some initial work.

The install is tested with 2 MB on an A1200, and on an 18 MB 68030.

Disclaimer: Although i try to make my installs as reliable as possible, you
use them wholly on your own risk.

Full whdload package: aminet:dev/misc/whdload#?.lha
Other installs: http://www.fh-zwickau.de/~jah/whdload/
Report bugs with the bug report form on that page.

Harry in July 1998.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 03:18 AM

please delacroix down.t blame them thy have simple not the time to search a long time i doo i have plenty of time cheerz.
regardz:)bee(scarbelly.nl

Dark Pulse
24th Apr 2006, 03:36 AM
That Unreal 1991 is NOT the same game or related to Unreal from 1998. Please disregard it.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 03:57 AM
That Unreal 1991 is NOT the same game or related to Unreal from 1998. Please disregard it.

This very early version of unreal was made by ubisoft and was running on dos not windows so the game is or 8 bit or 16 bit and can run on some simulated dos programs wich i post earlyer on this forum.i just wanna say that this unreal is not made by epic games and also is not related too the unreal engine wich we all know this engine is fast.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 04:00 AM
The next thing todo is too find the finall release of this dos based game.
The one wich was earlyer post by me is the shareware version.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 04:14 AM
i just did get a cd from mine friend unreal gold il take a look stay tuned!!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 05:08 AM
this is unreal gold version 226b delacroix is that a normal version number or not?

Olga
24th Apr 2006, 05:22 AM
226b is a normal patch, yes. It's for non-Unreal Gold copies of Unreal with RTNP installed.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 05:47 AM
226b is a normal patch, yes. It's for non-Unreal Gold copies of Unreal with RTNP installed.
thnx olga i have just a normal unreal gold edition, mine friend did download that:p thanks!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 05:49 AM
unreal gold here some pics

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 06:32 AM
unreal 1998

http://speeddemosarchive.com/Unreal.html

Released in May of 1998, Unreal tried to be a "Quake killer" with its intense graphics and unnerving AI. Marooned on an unknown planet, you must survive long enough to escape merciless alien warriors and find your way home. Battle your way through lush environments such as temples, spaceships, canyons, and fortresses on your quest for ultimate freedom.

Best time, easy skill: 0:49:18 by Mark 'Allantois' Freyenberger on 04.04.05 in 38 segments.

File details: 132 MB / 303 MB size (320x240 / 400x300 version), requires DivX codec.

Author's comments:

Thanks goes to the runner at http://teamshambler.telefragged.com/unsr.shtml for tricks on Isvkran4, 3&3 and also Na Pali Haven. Also credit to the guy who did the stroll through unreal found at: http://www.archive.org/details/Unreal_Stroll I acquired the tactic from sunspire from what he did. Everything else I came up with on my own. This run is much better the first run I submitted for unreal. Much of this is due to new routes and killing the bosses faster. This time around I paid a lot more attention to my health and there are several times I'm in the Red because no health goes to waste. I'd be happy to answer any questions about my tactics. Times for individual levels listed below.
Continuity:
I redid the sunspire when I heard about the ending trick, I replayed the gateway and napali haven to get everything to match up with what I had done previously. I'm pretty sure everything matches up and is legal.

Breakdown:

1) Vortex Rikers 1:26
2) NyLeve's Falls 0:53
3) Rrajigar Mine 2:14
4) Depths of Rrajigar 1:14
5) Sacred Passage 0:30
6) Chizra - Nali Water God 2:40
7) The Ceremonial Chambers 2:28
8) Dark Arena 1:55
9) Harobed Village 0:40
10) Terraniux Underground 1:18
11) Terraniux 1:35
12) Noork's Elbow 0:45
13) Temple of Vandora 1:03
14) The Trench 0:48
15) ISV-Kran Deck 4 1:06
16) ISV-Kran Decks 3 and 2 0:28
17) ISV-Kran Deck 1 (ISVDeck1) 1:33
18) Spire Village 1:00
19) The Sunspire 2:47
20) Gateway to Na Pali 0:39
21) Na Pali Haven 1:30
22) Outpost 3J 2:37
23) Velora Pass 1:34
24) Bluff Eversmoking 1:31
25) Dasa Mountain Pass 0:44
26) Cellars at Dasa Pass 4:36
27) Serpent Canyon 1:29
28) Nali Castle 1:44
29) Demonlord's Lair 0:15
30) Demon Crater 0:49
31) MotherShip Basement 0:18
32) MotherShip Lab 1:01
33) MotherShip Core 0:47
34) Skaarj Generator 0:42
35) Illumination 0:19
36) The Darkening 0:44
37) The Source Antechamber 0:23
38) The Source 0:56

scar.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 06:34 AM
ok **** where is the pc version?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/amiga/data/931539.html

have fun

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 06:49 AM
i have just did download the 1995 beta unreal from hyper i make these files avaleble for download on this forum and please guys download that versilon and look if the dragon is on that 1

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 07:14 AM
ok here is the unreal from 1995 techdemo happy download and PLEASE TELL ME IF THE DRAGON Is INSIDE!!! these downloads are from the hyper in the section demo,s

happy downloading :p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 10:11 AM
That Unreal 1991 is NOT the same game or related to Unreal from 1998. Please disregard it.???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????sory no comment

)bee(scarbelly.nl
24th Apr 2006, 10:17 AM
a unreal faq from our friends hyper.nl happy browsing

Dark Pulse
24th Apr 2006, 10:13 PM
ok here is the unreal from 1995 techdemo happy download and PLEASE TELL ME IF THE DRAGON Is INSIDE!!! these downloads are from the hyper in the section demo,s

happy downloading :p No, it's not. That one would probably be dated 1996 or 1997.

Also, can you just post links to stuff if they're large, like FAQs? Some people are kinda annoyed at the length of those posts.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
25th Apr 2006, 03:21 AM
No, it's not. That one would probably be dated 1996 or 1997.

Also, can you just post links to stuff if they're large, like FAQs? Some people are kinda annoyed at the length of those posts.

ok thnx dark pulse i keep looking:p i will post links then ok?

)bee(scarbelly.nl
25th Apr 2006, 03:24 AM

kiss me if you are a girl!!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
25th Apr 2006, 03:34 AM
OldUnreal has the 4MB tech demo. Send this beta to us, we'll check it, PLEASE, Dinwitty.

i just did upload that from hyper i think it,s the same demo take a look and look for the dragon please reply

)bee(scarbelly.nl
25th Apr 2006, 10:23 AM
i just did register on the oldunreal forums i post there the old dos version of unreal also!:p

canot login!!

http://www.unrealdestination.com/clients/hyper/phpBB2/login.php

much luck 2 login

dinwitty
25th Apr 2006, 11:12 PM
doing a simple text search in the U95 techdemo I find the dragon in UNENGINE.DLL as well as WOMAN. I have no clue how to view or extract the data.
Someone will have to find out if they can spawn them in the game if thats possible at all, or if the data is only lingering data that was removed for the demo...have no clue.

Dark Pulse
25th Apr 2006, 11:25 PM
i just did register on the oldunreal forums i post there the old dos version of unreal also!:p

canot login!!

much luck 2 login...except that is not related to Unreal as we currently know it. It's not the same game or related at all - All it shares is the name "Unreal."

Hyper
26th Apr 2006, 02:53 AM

canot login!!

much luck 2 login

Welcome to the Hyper.nl Unreal Services forum. I see you registered, but at my board an administrator (me) needs to activate your account before you can post. This is already done now, so you can login now with your user name and password.

The manual activation is needed to stop spambots. Sorry for the inconvenience.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
26th Apr 2006, 03:08 AM
Welcome to the Hyper.nl Unreal Services forum. I see you registered, but at my board an administrator (me) needs to activate your account before you can post. This is already done now, so you can login now with your user name and password.

The manual activation is needed to stop spambots. Sorry for the inconvenience.jee thnx hyper :p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
26th Apr 2006, 03:11 AM
doing a simple text search in the U95 techdemo I find the dragon in UNENGINE.DLL as well as WOMAN. I have no clue how to view or extract the data.
Someone will have to find out if they can spawn them in the game if thats possible at all, or if the data is only lingering data that was removed for the demo...have no clue.
please dinwitty let delacroix doo that upload the files too here with icq or other upload programs like www.usendit.com happy uploading :p !!

please doo that delacroix is a file freak lol

)bee(scarbelly.nl
26th Apr 2006, 03:23 AM
ok guys thnx to hyper also forum here

http://www.unrealdestination.com/clients/hyper/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=523

i dont know howto upload files on this forum please register first for type there something :p

)bee(scarbelly.nl
26th Apr 2006, 03:53 AM

The manual activation is needed to stop spambots. Sorry for the inconvenience.
hyper can i upload files also on your forum or not ?????????

)bee(scarbelly.nl
26th Apr 2006, 06:27 AM
damn here is the source guys happy downloading!!!!!!!!!!!!from the 1990 dos based unreal

klik on the bleu letters happy downloading

)bee(scarbelly.nl
26th Apr 2006, 06:40 AM
al games list from unreal take a look

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/offset,13775/so,0a/list-games/

)bee(scarbelly.nl
26th Apr 2006, 06:49 AM
the wheel of time was oficial released in 1999 and has a standalone status.
This game was programed with the unreal engine.
Also a wot website here

http://www.wotmud.org/

Also a website from planetunreal but then for wot
http://www.planetwheeloftime.com/

here a url from robert jordan wich wot is based on
Robert jordan is the autor of the wheel of time books ,these are 10 books you can bye evrywhere
if you look for some torrent files you have the audio-books also.

happy reading

please download this oudio book 7,5 gig big
happy downloading

http://www.tor.com/jordan/

)bee(scarbelly.nl
27th Apr 2006, 06:42 AM
damn here is the source guys happy downloading!!!!!!!!!!!!from the 1990 dos based unreal

klik on the bleu letters happy downloading

Also did find a cd cover from unreal made in America happy looking
There was also a backcover avaleble happy looking :p
This is the amiga cover:it,s a sport too find the dos cover

)bee(scarbelly.nl
27th Apr 2006, 06:55 AM
take a look happy browsing :p

Invented the "Apogee model" of shareware marketing, in which only a part of a full game is released as shareware, which advertises the full game. It wasn't until 1991 that another company, Epic MegaGames, followed our lead and used the Apogee model. Many game companies have since use this marketing model, including Parallax Software (Descent), id Software, Capstone and dozens of others.

source:
http://www.3drealms.com/history2.html

happy browsing

)bee(scarbelly.nl
27th Apr 2006, 08:57 AM
i just did find some unreal demo patches happy downloading including the 338 c patch

http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_temp.asp?patch=unrealtournament&size=7.09

:p

look hyper was present on this forum just when the ut demo was released!!

http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21822&page=2

happy browsing hyper

here are the 2 demo,s from unreal the 338 and the 348 with the 2 patches happy downloading!!

http://www.kof-clan.de/filez/filez.htm

)bee(scarbelly.nl
27th Apr 2006, 09:16 AM
founded a site with techdemo,s sadly no unreal included take a look much oldtuff here!!!!!!!1

http://www.falconfly.de/artwork.htm

happy happy browsing damn close1!!

take a look also here techdemo,s

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/techdemos/index.htm

look here quality it is from 1996
http://www.artbeco.com/ProjectsArt/IsisDemo/3DFXDemo.htm

Hyper
28th Apr 2006, 02:36 PM
[...]

look hyper was present on this forum just when the ut demo was released!!

http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21822&page=2

happy browsing hyper

[...]

That Hyper is not me.

Hyper
28th Apr 2006, 02:40 PM
i did make a website 100 mb max only for this project.
I did include some files you need to have to run the unreal from 1990! I did add some photo material also happy browsing and downloading.

http://richardmoust.googlepages.com/

i will add the techdemo also from 1995 becous he is small stay tuned the site is still under construction!! :p

Cool. When you have your Unreal stuff added and the page is ready I'll add you to my links.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
28th Apr 2006, 04:03 PM
Cool. When you have your Unreal stuff added and the page is ready I'll add you to my links.

yup il did add your page also take a look

http://richardmoust.googlepages.com/unreal1990fordos

happy browsing :p look end of page :p

Dark Pulse
1st May 2006, 09:00 AM
It's not bad, but I've known of the 1990 version of Unreal for over a year now.

As for the stuff that's been drudged up, those come from various press releases and even the 1995 Alpha to a degree.

The material is hidden, yes, but it's not too much new stuff, sadly.

That 1997 Unreal Beta though... hmm. That'd be a find and a half.

nuttella
1st May 2006, 09:18 AM
That 1997 Unreal Beta though... hmm. That'd be a find and a half.

You're kidding right? I thought everyone had that by now. I'm not sure what the current dl source is, but the maps converted for Unreal/UT are on NaliCity.

Delacroix
1st May 2006, 06:05 PM
The so called Unreal 97 Beta has really been vompiled in early months of 1998. The maps come from there.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
2nd May 2006, 09:42 AM
The so called Unreal 97 Beta has really been vompiled in early months of 1998. The maps come from there.

take a look delacroix i did add some names also wich you can find on this forum.next thing to do is to add some unreal textures too the pages , just to look the page much more proffesional.I must add also some downloads in the downloads section of the page.
downloads soon

1 unreal 348 demo link
2 unreal 338 demo link
3 unreal 1990 for dos (ubisoft) download from website
4 unreal techdemo from 1995 4mb wich i can place download from website
5 unreal tournament 2003 demo link
6 unreal tournament 2004 demo link
7 all the patches delacroix likes that :p link from hyper website
8 unreal tournament 2007 (soon)
9 unreal all early versions from hyper website :p

this things will be done this or next week :p happy browsing !
=================================================

http://richardmoust.googlepages.com/home

)bee(scarbelly.nl your gide for unreal

)bee(scarbelly.nl
2nd May 2006, 09:52 AM
look i did find some screenshots from 1998 1997 and !!!!!1996 take a look register too download
i make this avaleble on the website!

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/unreal/downloads/

yup did download something you can also with the last server i think i did find the dragon take a look :p manta is a media file unpack and klik on it :p happy browsing

)bee(scarbelly.nl
3rd May 2006, 03:24 AM

found some pictures delacroix from 1996 post earlyer take a look also a manta included and the dragon. happy browsing

on website also download take a look

http://pages.google.com/preview/richardmoust/home?no-cache=4640326566342815
happy download

dinwitty
3rd May 2006, 07:36 AM
take a look delacroix i did add some names also wich you can find on this forum.next thing to do is to add some unreal textures too the pages , just to look the page much more proffesional.I must add also some downloads in the downloads section of the page.
downloads soon

1 unreal 348 demo link
2 unreal 338 demo link
3 unreal 1990 for dos (ubisoft) download from website
4 unreal techdemo from 1995 4mb wich i can place download from website
5 unreal tournament 2003 demo link
6 unreal tournament 2004 demo link
7 all the patches delacroix likes that :p link from hyper website
8 unreal tournament 2007 (soon)
9 unreal all early versions from hyper website :p

this things will be done this or next week :p happy browsing !

)bee(scarbelly.nl your gide for unreal

338, 348 are the UT demos

The 1990 Unreal has nothing to do with the EPIC Unreal.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
3rd May 2006, 09:34 AM
found some pictures delacroix from 1996 post earlyer take a look also a manta included and the dragon. happy browsing

on website also download take a look

http://pages.google.com/preview/richardmoust/home?no-cache=4640326566342815
happy download
i did some editing containing banner take a look if you have any sugestions please let me known.
``````````````````````````````````````````
`
``````````````````````````````````````````

)bee(scarbelly.nl
3rd May 2006, 10:14 AM
338, 348 are the UT demos

The 1990 Unreal has nothing to do with the EPIC Unreal.

yes dinwitty i know but the file is 500 kbites big so i make that sharware version of ubisoft also avaleble for download on mine website.

I will make also wot avaleble for download the demo i mean for downloading from mine website also.I will add wot together with some specsheets from epic if i found something over this game.
I,m very busy with the website i have here a very good internet connection so the uploads are not holding me down.

look dayly this website will severall time be updated with all the stuff about unreal and wot stay tuned

for fun and browsing
)bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
3rd May 2006, 10:20 AM
maby you guys can help me i,m looking for some animated gif with the subject unreal if some 1 has it please let some links here so i can update the website.animated gif are files (pictures) who are moving i,m sure u know this all.I did take a look i did find much but nothing contaning unreal if it is very hard too find i must make for myself a animated gif.I,m now downloading 3dcool from the internet i hope this program solves mine problem sorry guys i,m offtopic now

Hyper
4th May 2006, 02:36 AM
maby you guys can help me i,m looking for some animated gif with the subject unreal if some 1 has it please let some links here so i can update the website.animated gif are files (pictures) who are moving i,m sure u know this all.I did take a look i did find much but nothing contaning unreal if it is very hard too find i must make for myself a animated gif.I,m now downloading 3dcool from the internet i hope this program solves mine problem sorry guys i,m offtopic now

You might want to do some searching with Google's or AltaVista's image search. But I want to warn you about the animated gifs: One animation can look very nice on a site, but more animated gifs van become annoying. Just something to think about.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
4th May 2006, 06:15 AM
You might want to do some searching with Google's or AltaVista's image search. But I want to warn you about the animated gifs: One animation can look very nice on a site, but more animated gifs van become annoying. Just something to think about.

Thanks hyper il keep that in mind, i did search with google id did find some cool sites containing animated gif but nothing till so far containing unreal.
:p for fun and browsing
)bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
10th May 2006, 03:53 AM
did add a new banner take a look and hyper did you add me? too your links?

happy browsing did add some pictures from ut 2007 and all the old covers from unreal 1

Hyper
10th May 2006, 03:59 AM
I checked your page and you don't have much for Unreal 1. Since I expected you to add more Unreal 1 related content I waited to add you. I know you found a lot of info and stuff you posted here.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
10th May 2006, 05:18 AM
I checked your page and you don't have much for Unreal 1. Since I expected you to add more Unreal 1 related content I waited to add you. I know you found a lot of info and stuff you posted here.

the website is not finished yet i,m ;limited to 100 mb so it will be a link-page with some very small shareware downloads.The website is not finished yet i just wanna make a huge website stay tuned...

)bee(scarbelly.nl
10th May 2006, 09:54 AM

I,m making a good deal i,m setting the unreal 223m edition on the website but i must post that in 2 files i still have some gmail acount.The files is 132 mb big so i need 2 pages for posting this unreal version!
withing 4 weeks the unreal 223 m will be avaleble for downloading for everyone.I,m thrilled then i,m curious what the webstats are doing lol.
I,m curious also what your downloadspeed is.

I alreddy did make the links, next thing todo is upload the iso file, mab this week it will be done
=====================================
=====================================
best regards )bee(scarbelly.nl

Hyper
11th May 2006, 02:59 AM
Sounds cool! Feel free to drop me a mail (address is at my site) when the site is done or 223 is available. Then I'll add you to my links or news.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
11th May 2006, 06:36 AM
another thing a friend of mine did search on usenet server and he did find a huge amount of data containing unreal tournament and unreal.
I hope there is some rare material included.I dont know when i get the dvd,s ,when there is some nice material you will get to first to known on this forum , later i will add some material to mine website so stay tuned!The material is olmost 8 gigabite big!!!!!!!
)bee(scarbelly.nl
for fun and browsing

)bee(scarbelly.nl
11th May 2006, 06:39 AM
Sounds cool! Feel free to drop me a mail (address is at my site) when the site is done or 223 is available. Then I'll add you to my links or news.

I will drop here a mesage so keep looking this forum hyper!

regards )bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
12th May 2006, 04:31 AM
ok i didi yesterday a huge upload containing unreal covers i add some covers wich i did never see before covers from all unreal and ut games look here:

http://richardmoust.googlepages.com/home klik on covers!!!

look around much rare content specialy the russian covers!!!

Delacroix
12th May 2006, 04:13 PM
This thing in your attachment: you OWN UNREALITY? Do you have this CD?

dinwitty
12th May 2006, 08:40 PM
is someone in Russia taking all these mods and selling them on CD-Roms?

Delacroix
13th May 2006, 02:50 AM
Oh, please, have mercy, Dinwitty. You didn't know that? Check also with other games:

The Sims 2: Friends (a pack of user made objects and skins)
Far Cry: Return to Heaven, Commando, War Zone (packs of unofficial levels, standalone)
Call of Duty: Operation Abver & Secrets of the Third Reich (packs of unofficial levels, standalone)
Medal of Honor: Operation Black Fox (a russian addon for MOHAA)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Stalingrad (and two more) - unofficial level packs, standalone)
Warcraft III: Stone of Peace (dunno exactly if standalone or not)
Jedi Outcast: Communication Force (a russian addon for JKII)

They were also selling UT Beta a long time ago (files: UnrealEd.exe, Editor.dll, Editor.u and Editor.int were ripped - which is why I'm looking for Unreal Patch 222 - to use UED to unravel all secrets of this beta).

Hyper
13th May 2006, 07:40 AM
Nice find on those CD-ROMs, but because they are for UT it's posted in the wrong forum.

By the way: How is the uploading of 223 going?

)bee(scarbelly.nl
15th May 2006, 06:52 AM
This thing in your attachment: you OWN UNREALITY? Do you have this CD?no vic sadly not but if you look too these cd,s then you can see that whatever name thy use the modification is avaleble on the internet these add-ons are just simply mod,s wich you can downlad every-where.exepted for unreality.We just add this cd rom in our search engine maby we can find this add-on for the unreal 1 version.:p
what you can find on mine website is also the cover for UT 2007 wich is alreddy out on www.cdcovers.cc and what you can find on mine website also.
Also availeble ut 2004 special edition i don,t know if there is anny exclusive files on that cd-or dvd sorry guys i,m offtopic aggain sorry hyper :p

====================================================

http://richardmoust.googlepages.com/covers

====================================================

much regards )bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl
15th May 2006, 07:03 AM
Nice find on those CD-ROMs, but because they are for UT it's posted in the wrong forum.

By the way: How is the uploading of 223 going?

I have a bunch of work todo becaus with mine website dont worry m8 if i say this version comes on mine website i will do it!!

best regardz )bee(scarbelly.nl

Delacroix
15th May 2006, 08:30 AM
NO! Leave it to me. I'll upload Unreal 223m. In two days time.

The second UT2004 Special Edition DVD contains a full UnrealEd tutorial. Jesus, I want this DVD. But I'm not gonna buy the same game twice! Someone HELP ME!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
15th May 2006, 08:51 AM
NO! Leave it to me. I'll upload Unreal 223m. In two days time.

The second UT2004 Special Edition DVD contains a full UnrealEd tutorial. Jesus, I want this DVD. But I'm not gonna buy the same game twice! Someone HELP ME!
If you make a copy of this unreal 2004 you have nothing becous you must have a cd key and you must add the cd key otherwise you can not play online!
he just register with the cd key wich come with the packages but i,m sure you find somewhere a keygenerator somewhere btw look on the internet maby there are some torrent files wich u can download from and those with bitcomet or bitlord! btw thnx vic for uploading to hyper the 223 m version precieat that!

much regardz from holland

Delacroix
15th May 2006, 10:38 AM
You didn't understand. I have UT2004 already. All I need is this additional DVD with videos of UnrealEd. And I don't need a keygen, as I have the original game.

Dark Pulse
15th May 2006, 12:55 PM
You didn't understand. I have UT2004 already. All I need is this additional DVD with videos of UnrealEd. And I don't need a keygen, as I have the original game. That stuff's easy to find if you know where to look.

Hint: Back Alleys...

Leo(T.C.K.)
15th May 2006, 02:27 PM
Unreality CD is offficial thing by Epic, but with unofficial mods, it isn't some illegal Russia thing though.

By the way at this Slovakia site are front and back and cd look, just click on it.
http://www.abcgames.cz/?p=cdobaly_zobraz&id=4233

)bee(scarbelly.nl
16th May 2006, 05:03 AM
You didn't understand. I have UT2004 already. All I need is this additional DVD with videos of UnrealEd. And I don't need a keygen, as I have the original game.
sory vick i asume you can login with your old cd key you only need then the 2nd cd ok i understand!!

---------------------------------------------------
http://richardmoust.googlepages.com/
---------------------------------------------------

for fun and help

Delacroix
16th May 2006, 11:08 AM
How is the uploading of 223 going?Nearly done. I will post the link in an hour or so.

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 04:25 AM
Hehe, thanks to me, thanks to me, yippeeee!

Buglunch
17th May 2006, 04:38 AM
unreal 223m upload reddy from vic

klik on downloads!!
-----
--------
--------------
No Warez Links
----------------------
------------------
------------
--------
--
happy downloading!

VERY nice, )bee(scarbelly, I started studying Russian in 1968, Grade 10 in Edmonton, Canada AND I know the guys who made Thievery personally.
Been checking out NyLeve map for tips to make a level featuring my band and our music, too.
If you want any Russian translating, ask here.

Cool links; I've only been to Holland once- 1961 for 24 hours when I was 8, Amsterdam canal tour.

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 04:42 AM
I'll need your help in Russian translating. I will need you to:

1) Walk me thru the process of buying russian version of Blade & Sword II - all other versions are in oriental languages.
2) Tell me how much does it cost, in US Dollars.

http://www.diskoff.net/63203/

Would you please help me with that? I mean, if you don't want to, then don't but I really need someone's help and you just showed up :)

)bee(scarbelly.nl
17th May 2006, 07:37 AM
soon i will add the techdemo from 1995 to mine website.
This week or next week, klik on mine avatar togo to the website.
otherwise delacroix i ask you the 2nd time for your help.
If i add a url 2 mine website i save space)bee(scarbelly looks very shy 2 vic and ask him to upload these files also and putting a url into private message its only 5 mb i thought.

for funn and help

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 10:31 AM
This isn't the Unreality cd. This is Unrealty. Notice the spelling - ity vs ty.

Leo(T.C.K.)
17th May 2006, 11:44 AM
Yea, Unrealty ep 1 is just mod for UT.
Unreality is something completelly different.

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 11:45 AM
You have it, Leo? Coz I'm uploading four other unofficial addon CDs and can give them in exchange.

These are:

"Complete Gamer Unreal Issue" - UK
"fUnReal" - Polish
"Unreal: PC Games Add-on"
"Unreal World" - Russian

Leo(T.C.K.)
17th May 2006, 11:52 AM
You have it, Leo? Coz I'm uploading four other unofficial addon CDs and can give them in exchange.

These are:

"fUnReal" - Polish
"Unreal World" - Russian
No, I don't have Unreality. I just dled u223m.rar, there is unrealshare.u file, I am currently thinking about updating Unreal special edition which I uploaded at Celtic Warriors site with u223m system files, this will fix that annyoning dark arena crash with oemEnd I think, UnrealSpecial was supposed to be on 223m I think.

planetphillip
17th May 2006, 12:17 PM
Hi,

I haven't time to read the all the posts for this thread but I have the following:
Unreality and The Unreal Real-Add-On

I can provide images of the covers (Although I only have the files) if you need to check they are exactly what you are looking for.

And would be interested in making the available in return for:
"fUnReal" - Polish
"Unreal World" - Russian

I would be happy to make them ALL publicly available if there were any copyright issues.

Contact me via my website:
www.planetphillip.com

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 12:35 PM
The Real Add-on - I have that from 3DSL.
Unreality german edition - I also have that from 3DSL.

I'm looking for THE Unreality that Scarbelly has posted covers of - "The Ultimate Extensions" or sth like that.

I'm uploading the 4 cds mentioned for 3DSL also - you shall soon find them on the site.

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 12:36 PM
As for LEO - you got it all wrong!!! Unreal Special is a demo, and that's why there is a Dark Arena crash. US is version 205. The 223m with DmBayC, DmKrazy and DmCreek is exactly the same as the 3DFX OEM build.

Leo(T.C.K.)
17th May 2006, 12:40 PM
As for LEO - you got it all wrong!!! Unreal Special is a demo, and that's why there is a Dark Arena crash. US is version 205. The 223m with DmBayC, DmKrazy and DmCreek is exactly the same as the 3DFX OEM build.
I know, but files will work at it, Dark Arena is different than original version(Has start of Harboed at it) and it works on later patches, I tried it. Copying files will work.

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 12:47 PM
Fine then. Have fun trying :D

Leo(T.C.K.)
17th May 2006, 12:54 PM
Most interesting Unreal CDs(and rare CDs) are for me Unreality expansion pack and Unreal Platinum edition.

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 12:55 PM
Give me some more info + coverpic on the Platinum please.

Leo(T.C.K.)
17th May 2006, 01:01 PM
I have sound problem at 223 by the way. Anyway I tried to patch it and it works, look(Shots are on software render, sry):
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5209/unrspecial6wo.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9276/unrspec16ke.jpg

And Russian UnrealPlatinum:
http://unrealclub.nm.ru/content/unrealplatinum.htm

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 01:08 PM
Unreal Platinum is just a compilation of map packs - I can compile the add-on for you by myself. Or do it yourself by visiting www.unrealsp.org and downloading the following map packs:

Hexephet
The Illhaven Saga
Invasion (Xerania's Fall - part 2)
One Day In The Life Of...
Tower of Shrakith'a
Strange World
The Elder

... there are also some DM maps for UT there, the same as in "мир Unreal Tournament / Unreal Tournament World" and UT Encyclopedia 1.1. If you get these files, you'll have Unreal Platinum.

Leo(T.C.K.)
17th May 2006, 01:44 PM
Unreal Platinum is just a compilation of map packs - I can compile the add-on for you by myself. Or do it yourself by visiting www.unrealsp.org and downloading the following map packs:

Hexephet
The Illhaven Saga
Invasion (Xerania's Fall - part 2)
One Day In The Life Of...
Tower of Shrakith'a
Strange World
The Elder

... there are also some DM maps for UT there, the same as in "мир Unreal Tournament / Unreal Tournament World" and UT Encyclopedia 1.1. If you get these files, you'll have Unreal Platinum.

But mappacks can be choosed from menu from that I know. It is UnrealGold S.E. and UTGOTY, plus enhanced drivers and mappacks and stuff.

Delacroix
17th May 2006, 01:55 PM
Yep, exactly that. Anyway, the only way for you to get the compilation itself, is to order it from Vampirus.

Hyper
17th May 2006, 02:38 PM
Unreal 223 news added to my news page + links updated.

Leo(T.C.K.)
18th May 2006, 08:51 AM
Yup it work with the 226 patch happy gaming
the 226 patch included some serve browser!!
No, you misunderstood. That is Unreal Special edition demo patched to version 2.23. See different version of dark arena at shots.

Leo(T.C.K.)
18th May 2006, 08:56 AM
something thy typed here about the 222 patch its from the 3dfx voodoo 3 vidcards in the usa

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/2221/Unreal-225.html

======================================
That is not 222 patch, but Tim is talking about 225 patch(Recommend to use for servers).
226 patch has version conflicts with UnrealGold edition and backwards.
At 225 servers everyone can play.

Edit:Those lines are about Unreal release version, it was released on 2.20 for PC, etc.

Leo(T.C.K.)
18th May 2006, 09:01 AM
something thy typed here about the 222 patch its from the 3dfx voodoo 3 vidcards in the usa

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/2221/Unreal-225.html

======================================

Unreal 220 1:37 PM | - Sluggo
There's a huge update on the Unreal Technology Page announcing the release of the Unreal 220 beta. There's a boatload of changes in the new release (which you can see at the versions page), but among them are improved internet play, new multiplayer modes, and a host of bugfixes. There are also notes that an Unreal 221 may be out next week, and Unreal 222 after that will be an "official" non-beta patch that will coincide with the release of the shareware version.
Yea, those are old patches, but not lost.
Maybe 222 is not avaiable out there, but I think it may be one of release versions of Unreal lately.

Edit:I was looking into my standard Unreal CD and I don't have idea which version I have, it may be 2.00, dunno. At first run at system folder@CD it says just:
[FirstRun]
FirstRun=True

Delacroix
18th May 2006, 12:04 PM
Sorry, but I have it already... It's yuckyyyy... but it's official.

Delacroix
18th May 2006, 06:12 PM
Does anyone have a backup database of Unreality.dk's files?

http://www.unreality.dk/killemall/unreal222q.exe

Damn, damn, damn!!! And I thought I found it!

)bee(scarbelly.nl
19th May 2006, 04:02 AM
here the unreal cheat
http://www.gamesupport.dk/show.asp?show=cheat&platform=1&cheat_id=7864&sub=U
happy gaming

Leo(T.C.K.)
19th May 2006, 06:27 AM
here the unreal cheat
http://www.gamesupport.dk/show.asp?show=cheat&platform=1&cheat_id=7864&sub=U
happy gaming
Nope, that is another game, CGA. It is not from Unreal series from Epic, just other game using same name I think.

NeoNite
19th May 2006, 11:52 AM
Some friendly tips from a somewhat old forum rat:

-Don't quote big images.
-Use screenshot tags, if possible.
-Edit your posts. You don't necessarily have to create a new one for every few sentences ;-) -> Might sound funny coming from a guy like me, but it's best if you pay attention to this.

)bee(scarbelly.nl
22nd May 2006, 04:00 AM
Nope, that is another game, CGA. It is not from Unreal series from Epic, just other game using same name I think.
yes i know god d+++med i only say this ones the verion who is on mine website has NOTHING TODO WITH EPIC-GAMES it was ther first dos release of all unreal caus it was publish by UBISOFT AND NOT EPIC GAMES OR ATARI OR GT INTERACTIVE damn read here.sory guys no other way to explaine it

)bee(scarbelly.nl
22nd May 2006, 04:01 AM
Some friendly tips from a somewhat old forum rat:

-Don't quote big images.
-Use screenshot tags, if possible.
-Edit your posts. You don't necessarily have to create a new one for every few sentences ;-) -> Might sound funny coming from a guy like me, but it's best if you pay attention to this.
ofcourse you are right