PDA

View Full Version : Unreal 2 Surprise Gift?

Sparky
18th Jun 2003, 08:57 PM
In what seems to have shocked the hell out of me, Scott Dalton of Legend Entertainment fame posted a new thread entitled 'Prepare' on the official forums. What are we preparing for? Beats the hell out of me, but it sounds cool. Could it be a multiplayer addon? Who knows, but I for one would greatly accept it without any questions (I'd have to reinstall the game, but it'd be worth it).

What do you think it is? Be sure to post your comments on what you think it is, in this thread and hope for the best.

Sparky
18th Jun 2003, 09:02 PM
Personally I reckon it's a 12" dong that has BeyondUnreal written on it ;).

KJAX
18th Jun 2003, 11:27 PM
Hmmm..MP would be very nice but I have to believe its something else.

The-Trasher
19th Jun 2003, 02:09 AM
Probably the ability to play through the game as a certain top-hatted dead president.

Swedix
19th Jun 2003, 03:45 AM
I don't even have the game installed.
I played through the game on all 3 skill levels and then uninstalled.
I hope it's something worth installing the game again.

Sparky
19th Jun 2003, 03:54 AM
You and me both, Swed.

Rocket_Magnet
19th Jun 2003, 04:15 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if it is mp support, legend tell a hell of a lot of flak for lack of it and the state of the rest of the game, and its no unlikely i mean look at deusex

el Gato
19th Jun 2003, 06:18 AM
Gotta be MP/Co-Op! :)

TossMonkey
19th Jun 2003, 06:31 AM
If it's anything less than multiplayer I won't be impressed, unless it's lesbian liandri mercs...

Parser
19th Jun 2003, 07:19 AM
If it's anything less than multiplayer I won't be impressed, unless it's lesbian liandri mercs...

Word up dude! :D :-)
Unreal 2 seems to run fine on my computer now, so I'd be glad to see some sort of official addon pack.

Swedix
19th Jun 2003, 07:24 AM
It could be some new missions since they seems to release it for XBox.
If they want XBox owners to buy this game, they must have come up with some more than what was in the PC release. Because that was a big disappointment.

But, I hold my thumbs for a multiplayer add-on and some new levels.

TossMonkey
19th Jun 2003, 07:46 AM
Either it's going to be something really cool and exciting like multiplayer or this is a just a rubbish way of officially announcing Unreal 2 on the X-Box.

If it's the latter than it just proves how crap legend are at PR. No point getting the community excited for something as boring as a console port. I really hope it's the former, just for the sake of Legends credibility.

Parser
19th Jun 2003, 07:49 AM
If it's the latter then I would expect any respect Legend had would go down the drain completely... they're not that stupid, are they?

Freon
19th Jun 2003, 08:47 AM
i guess it's just a teaser for the console version, maybe a patch? a multiplayer version would be way too late (is the game still on shelves??)

Swedix
19th Jun 2003, 09:07 AM
Unreal 2004 :p

Mr.Mitchell
19th Jun 2003, 10:28 AM
An European version of the patch :rolleyes:

Parser
19th Jun 2003, 10:59 AM
Mr. Mitchell, there is a European version of the patch, and it works fine... still doesn't solve many problems though, so there isn't that much point in downloading it.
Perhaps they've got some (gosh! ;)) optimised levels that will run well as the surprise! :p

Luggage
19th Jun 2003, 02:03 PM
The German version of the patch didn't even bother to fix, or rather add mission objectives...
I'd be pretty happy if it was a multiplayer bonus pack :)

RaptoR
19th Jun 2003, 02:47 PM
It'd better be XMP ;)

TossMonkey
19th Jun 2003, 02:48 PM
Rappy, maybe then you can get your XMP site back up ;)

hal
19th Jun 2003, 08:02 PM
Well, now we know it's not merely a teaser for XBox U2. Here's hoping it's a mp patch.

But, I hold my thumbs for a multiplayer add-on and some new levels.

lol, is that some sort of Swedish saying? It kind of sounds like the English saying "I'll cross my fingers". :lol:

Sarevok
20th Jun 2003, 05:42 PM
I'm hoping for a nice little expansion pack where Unreal2goes back to its roots and actually feels like the original Unreal , maybe also include some of the original enemies like krall, brutes, and some nali