PDA

View Full Version : Default Character

*NiKita*
18th Jun 2003, 04:48 PM
When you are using a custom skin isn't there any way for you to choose a different default skin (instead of Gorge) for the people who don't have your skin downloaded to see?

I thought that the 2225 patch gave you the option of picking a few different default skins:

- allow several different default characters. Change the default character by adding the following line to the [xGame.xPawn] section of your user.ini file: PlacedCharacterName="aname" where aname can be "Gorge" (the default), "Sapphire", "Malcolm". "Mokara", "Rapier", "Brutalis", or "Roc"

But I tried this and I still came up as Gorge to people who didn't have the skin I was using. Is this just to determine the default skin I see when I don't have someone else's custom skin downloaded?

WebSlinger
18th Jun 2003, 04:50 PM
I think it's a server setting. The server can decide it... I think

Sir_Brizz
18th Jun 2003, 04:56 PM
You decide Web I hate Gorge lol

WebSlinger
18th Jun 2003, 05:04 PM
wait, since it's in user.ini... maybe it's the default character you SEE when someone else has a skin.?!??! I'm confuzzled

spineblaZe
18th Jun 2003, 05:07 PM
I think it's a server setting. The server can decide it... I think

Yeah, I don't think you could change it client side. If it is even possible it would probably have to be the server.

The easy solution is just tell everyone what skin you're using so they can download... What skin is it anyways? I have damn near every single model and skin downloaded just to make sure I don't see Gorge.. And I like custom models and skins anyways. It's always funner fragging Christmas Homer, Wolverine, Bender and Spider-man than Gorge or Remus :D

Hanover_Fist
18th Jun 2003, 05:17 PM
And I like custom models and skins anyways. It's always funner fragging Christmas Homer, Wolverine, Bender and Spider-man than Gorge or Remus :D

There's a problem with team games as far as the Marvel Batman goes, he looks like he's on the blue team all the time.

He's got shoulder lights but they're not bright enough.

And don't use the Storm Trooper, all that white makes you stick out like a sore thumb.

What skins do you have loaded Flame, link them and I'll load them.

I've already got the Necris skin pack but that's all, however I do have most of the Models.

spineblaZe
18th Jun 2003, 05:21 PM
That's a big problem with a lot of models and skins, no Team Colors support... That's why I stick to default models when I am playing CTF.

You hear that skinners and modelers??? We want CTF skins included with EVERY model!!!! :D

Radiosity
18th Jun 2003, 06:15 PM
I've made upwards of 15 skins, all of which have team skins :) I really should get round to releasing some of them soon I guess :lol:

Sir_Brizz
18th Jun 2003, 07:54 PM
yes you really should...perhaps I would choose to play as one of them :p

Hanover_Fist
18th Jun 2003, 09:00 PM
I've made upwards of 15 skins, all of which have team skins :) I really should get round to releasing some of them soon I guess :lol:

Nah, forget about the skins. Work on that City Map. :D

Sir_Brizz
18th Jun 2003, 11:44 PM
can someone make a GMK skin with the body looking like it's cut and has scars?? and maybe a REAL tattoo?? Based off of Motig???

I_LoveToKill
19th Jun 2003, 01:49 AM
TEH COW - PRETTY PLEASE :p

shadow_dragon
19th Jun 2003, 03:11 PM
Teamskins are easy enough to add to a skin, it's just an extra couple of images in the .utx!
So when i play with my custom skin all people see is Gorge? How embarassing!..............

I'd upload it but i don't know if the face can be changed for different teams?

Radiosity
19th Jun 2003, 05:15 PM
No, face skins aren't changed according to team.

WebSlinger
19th Jun 2003, 05:32 PM
I want this...
I have more pictures and an email address of the author who made it in 3D studio max if anyone is interested in fulfilling my only UT2003 model desire...

-AEnubis-
19th Jun 2003, 05:40 PM
Holy Hijack batman...

That setting Flame, was designed so that people could pick a more visible default skin for them to see as a client. Basically it's supposed to replace all the default gorges with what you pick for you to see. I haven't gotten it to work. It's a bit of an answer to the DM skins prob.

shadow_dragon
19th Jun 2003, 05:46 PM
As you can see the green doesn't go well at all! grrrrr!

DaBeatard
19th Jun 2003, 05:56 PM
That Gene Simmons model is AWESOME!!! All of KISS in make up would rule. I had all of KISS for JK2.

WebSlinger
19th Jun 2003, 10:06 PM
I added all 6 KISS Makeup faces to NHL '99 :)

I wish I had them for UT2k3 :(

Renegade Retard
19th Jun 2003, 10:23 PM
I added all 6 KISS Makeup faces to NHL '99

LOL!!!

Renegade Retard
19th Jun 2003, 10:29 PM
That Gene Simmons model is AWESOME!!! All of KISS in make up would rule. I had all of KISS for JK2.

Simmons....Simmons...ohh ohh! You know who I need a model of? Richard Simmons!!! That would be great!!!

WebSlinger
20th Jun 2003, 10:20 AM
MULTI-THREADING HIJACK!

Scum, one thing about unliscenced KISS likenesses... KISS usually doesn't care. When I met Gene Simmons, I was wearing a custom ari-brushed t-shirt with his face on it... he took hold of it, turned to one of the people there that worked for him and said "look at that shirt... that is a GREAT shirt"

Renegade Retard
20th Jun 2003, 10:29 AM
MULTI-THREADING HIJACK!

Scum, one thing about unliscenced KISS likenesses... KISS usually doesn't care. When I met Gene Simmons, I was wearing a custom ari-brushed t-shirt with his face on it... he took hold of it, turned to one of the people there that worked for him and said "look at that shirt... that is a GREAT shirt"

Good for them. After all, it's free advertisement (Marvel should take a lesson ;) ).

(/me sit's on the floor by the fireplace at Webslinger's feet) "Tell us the story again, Uncle Webby, of how you met Gene Simmons. I love that story."

:)

Thrawn70
20th Jun 2003, 10:47 AM
Simmons....Simmons...ohh ohh! You know who I need a model of? Richard Simmons!!! That would be great!!!

You know what's really sad? I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

Sweating to the 80's. OH YEAH! :eek: :D

Renegade Retard
20th Jun 2003, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't that be funny as heck?!? Seeing a model of Richard Simmons running around in a little pink spandex outfit with leg warmers and liitle white sneakers, big freaking afro hair, and doing some prissy dance when he killed someone!

Oh, and the final touch - if you could find some audio clips of him. Imagine him fragging someone, then skipping way yelling "I'm a pony, I'm a pony!"

:lol:

WebSlinger
20th Jun 2003, 11:44 AM
oh, and I want one of my Gene Simmons model taunts to be fire-breathing... heck, let's do that for the Richard Simmons model too.

Hanover_Fist
20th Jun 2003, 11:55 AM
I want this...
I have more pictures and an email address of the author who made it in 3D studio max if anyone is interested in fulfilling my only UT2003 model desire...

Webby, I pimped you here:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=302509

I_LoveToKill
20th Jun 2003, 12:02 PM
As I understood, its to be used with force default models.

set UnrealGame.DeathMatch bForceDefaultCharacter True

Turn it off again with:

set UnrealGame.DeathMatch bForceDefaultCharacter False

Some players I talked to could ONLY get this to work if they
typed it on the console and hit enter - if they added it manually
to the ini or bind it to a key it did not work

It works fine for me though even if I bind it, maybe this was only
a problem in the earlier patches?

After turning it on, you can switch the model with one of the
following lines:

set xGame.xPawn PlacedCharacterName Gorge
set xGame.xPawn PlacedCharacterName Sapphire
set xGame.xPawn PlacedCharacterName Malcolm
set xGame.xPawn PlacedCharacterName Mokara
set xGame.xPawn PlacedCharacterName Rapier
set xGame.xPawn PlacedCharacterName Brutalis
set xGame.xPawn PlacedCharacterName Roc

So after you do this, everybody will look like whatever
model you choose, like Gorge, nice and easy to hit :p

*NiKita*
20th Jun 2003, 01:00 PM
From what I've seen, the forcedmodels can only be the ones listed above. The other models included in the game aren't even an option (like Lauren) but I haven't tested it to make sure.

Sir_Brizz
20th Jun 2003, 01:02 PM
LOL! Now I would like to see that Ren! ;)

Thrawn70
20th Jun 2003, 02:50 PM
LOL! If you guys have seen the responses to Hanover's post, it looks like they're more likely to go the Richard Simmons route... :lol:

Renegade Retard
20th Jun 2003, 04:36 PM
Haha, I hope Webby gets his Gene mdel, but if someone DOES make Richard, be sure I'll be the first to download it! :D

"You are a beautiful person!"

Hanover_Fist
23rd Jun 2003, 03:32 PM
:lol:

I got a warning point on INA for posting that model request.

Renegade Retard
23rd Jun 2003, 03:44 PM
Warning point?!?

What's wrong with that request?

Edit - LOL, I see Pezman's response now.

WebSlinger
23rd Jun 2003, 03:51 PM
Pez smacked the laydown on ya! :D

A_Rimmerlister
25th Jun 2003, 05:46 PM
That option doesn't work with custom-skins ... it really is hardcoded to those options (I guess they wanted to avoid big yellow Syzygy as an option ...)

WebSlinger
13th Jul 2003, 08:41 AM
oh, and I want one of my Gene Simmons model taunts to be fire-breathing... heck, let's do that for the Richard Simmons model too.Nick "]x[issPoopShoot" Goodyear, whom Hanover found at INA is interested in doing the Gene Simmons model, prodided he can get the 3dstudiomax version from the author. Nick did some work for TNMT: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/125442.shtml

Renegade Retard
13th Jul 2003, 03:29 PM
Nick "]x[issPoopShoot" Goodyear, whom Hanover found at INA is interested in doing the Gene Simmons model, prodided he can get the 3dstudiomax version from the author. Nick did some work for TNMT: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/125442.shtml

Webby, I dang sure hope you get it. If anyone around here deserves to have a special request fullfulled, it's you! :tup:

Once you get it, let us know. I'm make sure I have it downloaded.

DaBeatard
13th Jul 2003, 05:18 PM
WebSlinger, do you know if the author made the rest of the band?

WebSlinger
13th Jul 2003, 08:36 PM
DaBeat, well, he said that he would if there was enough interest... the Gene model was made back in 1999, and I haven't found any evidence of the rest of them.

RR, thanks :)

CaSCaDe
5th Jan 2004, 03:47 PM
I want this...

got any more ref pics of that, looks cool, might give it a shot

WebSlinger
5th Jan 2004, 03:55 PM
here are pix if you want to do it. To tell you the truth, I could really do without the wings on the back and the wings on the boots. I bet the model would look better, and be a better model for play without all the wings.

Also, some care would have to taken for the team colors... I don't think those shoulder pads would be enough. It would probably need Red and Blue on the legs for teamgames, but I'll trust your judgement on that.

These are all the pix I have, there were supposed to be 8 pix alltogether, but the website 404'd on 4 of them

Sekhmet
5th Jan 2004, 06:34 PM
Isn't that default character thing just for what model you see when people are wearing a custom skin you don't have?

Loibisch
5th Jan 2004, 07:19 PM
To use that feature you'll have to do two things:

UT2003.ini
[UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
bForceDefaultCharacter=True

User.ini
[xGame.xPawn]
PlacedCharacterName="*"
where * can be "Gorge", "Sapphire", "Malcolm", "Mokara", "Rapier", "Brutalis", or "Horus".

It will then change ALL other players' models to the selected character model.
That's it :)

Saito
5th Jan 2004, 07:50 PM
btw you can force the game so you only see one model for everybody

Loibisch
5th Jan 2004, 09:13 PM
@Scumgrief: if the server is running AntiTCC then it might forbid "set" commands

@Saito: that's exactly what my post said, isn't it :)