PDA

View Full Version : A new skin????

«BuA»Lurker_71
17th Jun 2003, 06:32 PM
Here's a pic of me newest skin... it's a specular.

Devastator
17th Jun 2003, 07:25 PM
Woah... very nice Lurk, Looks pretty wicked. :D :tup:

DrahguneyeZ
17th Jun 2003, 08:19 PM
thats crazy Lurk. Nice Job

Iceburgs
17th Jun 2003, 10:36 PM
Schweeeet! :cool: :)

Bonecrusher
18th Jun 2003, 08:18 AM
Awesome!

Soultech
18th Jun 2003, 07:44 PM
Wow. Heh man that looks awesome.

«BuA»Lurker_71
18th Jun 2003, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Neddaf
18th Jun 2003, 11:48 PM
Pretty nice lookin man...

«BuA»Lurker_71
21st Jun 2003, 07:25 AM
Working in the same vein as the first skin, here's another with a darker shader/skin. I'm still working out the alpha-layering...
I rather prefer this skin to the first, mainly because it's very dark... but I still need to work a few things out. More tests...

AX000
22nd Jun 2003, 03:46 AM
My response is delayed.
Indeed your skin is favorable.

«BuA»Lurker_71
22nd Jun 2003, 03:22 PM
And finally... the look I wanted... :D

DrahguneyeZ
23rd Jun 2003, 09:00 AM
that looks S1CK

«BuA»Lurker_71
23rd Jun 2003, 09:07 AM
that looks S1CK

uhmm.. that's a good thing, right?
:lol:

VX000
26th Jun 2003, 03:21 PM
From an artist persons views....considering I'm probably the only one in the clan with an abnormal hair colour.... I'd say.... BAAAAAAAAM, yo that skin is tha shiznit yo, fosho you got da mad skills yo. D47 $k|N R0X My $0X

AX000
27th Jun 2003, 12:57 AM
Indeed it is an exceptional image.

Iceburgs
27th Jun 2003, 09:47 AM
Hey Lurk, that looks great! What are you using as a texture? Have you ever tried to use mirror texture for a skin package? Also, I would like to discuss with you whether you would like to make a second skin for me. You had mentioned a long time ago that you were trying to make a skin that actually looked like ice and was kind of see through (kind of like the mutant skin). In any case, great work! :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
27th Jun 2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Lurk, that looks great! What are you using as a texture? Have you ever tried to use mirror texture for a skin package? Also, I would like to discuss with you whether you would like to make a second skin for me. You had mentioned a long time ago that you were trying to make a skin that actually looked like ice and was kind of see through (kind of like the mutant skin). In any case, great work! :)

I was just discussing with AX how I thought that (if I can figure out the alpha layering) your skin would look sweet with a shader added to it...
:)

«BuA»Lurker_71
29th Jun 2003, 03:36 PM
Didn't get a lot of time to work on things this morning... but I have a pic, and some news.

I figured out the alpha-layering... there's only one problem... it only seems to work on the body textures.

I worked out a nice shiny new shader for your skin, Ice... but as I stated above... it only works for the body texture... I've tried reversing the alpha-layering for the head, switching the black/white areas... and nothing... it only wants to add the shader to the face... I don't know why. No pics yet.

Remember the nice lookin red skin I posted earlier in the thread? Ya know... the really shiny one?
I made it not so shiny...

here's a pic...

«BuA»Lurker_71
29th Jun 2003, 05:38 PM
There apparently are some benefits to insomnia...

like this one...

I guess sometimes it's easy to make stupid mistakes when you feel tired...

Anyways, got the head thingy figured out Ice... yer skin looks incredibly sweet ingame. :)

Bonecrusher
29th Jun 2003, 05:50 PM
That looks so cool it makes me sick... :lol:

«BuA»Lurker_71
29th Jun 2003, 05:55 PM
LOL :lol:

Bonecrusher
29th Jun 2003, 09:01 PM
err...it gives me goosebumps :)

Iceburgs
30th Jun 2003, 09:01 PM
Hey Lurk, that first image looks better than the second one--but that could just be a distance thing. What I was wondering was, when you made that shiny skin, did you leave the little camoflage dots on from the first skin you made? If so, you can see them in the second picture. In any case, those screens look extrememly sweet. They are really more what I was thinking of when I first asked you make a skin. Let me know how things progress and when you may have this thing ready. I am itching to make some new sigs. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
30th Jun 2003, 09:07 PM
The skin is still the original.
Actually, looking at the skin ingame, you can tell the skin is the same, tho the original pattern is slightly distorted.
I have a few things to fix, but I could have it ready as soon as tomorrow morning/afternoon.
Glad you like it. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
8th Jul 2003, 11:14 PM
Oki... I've finished the skinning projects I've been working on, and here are their respective Portraits...

Shattered_Steel
9th Jul 2003, 12:37 AM
Now that's some cool s**t, Lurk.

«BuA»Lurker_71
9th Jul 2003, 01:01 AM

Devastator
9th Jul 2003, 06:33 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

AX000
9th Jul 2003, 10:45 AM
Your modification has great significance.
It is highly favored.

Images of enhanced AX000 in DM-XRally:

«BuA»Lurker_71
10th Jul 2003, 09:30 PM
Thanks, AX ;)

«BuA»Lurker_71
10th Jul 2003, 10:16 PM
Ummmm...
some of you may remember me saying that a person couldn't use a panner and a shader on a skin...

...remember?

I was wrong...

...it's called a combiner...

...and it's gonna be sweet...

... as I'll show you tomorrow...

...cya then.

:D

«BuA»Lurker_71
11th Jul 2003, 01:42 PM
errr...
uhmmm...
mebbe it won't be today then...
sry...
got caught up in the stats...

«BuA»Lurker_71
18th Jul 2003, 03:59 PM
This is the pic of Ice from practice last night...

Devastator
18th Jul 2003, 04:07 PM
Nice!!!

Soultech
18th Jul 2003, 04:08 PM
heh yeah mine look like they got blasted with seaman ;X

Iceburgs
18th Jul 2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks for posting, Lurk. Now what's this about your new shader skin...?

TAZTG
18th Jul 2003, 09:07 PM
This is the pic of Ice from practice last night...

He only looked like that when you have the skin loaded right?? He looked normal to me, if thats possible for ICE. LOL

«BuA»Lurker_71
18th Jul 2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks for posting, Lurk. Now what's this about your new shader skin...?

First things first... AX and I are running several tests to make sure the current skins will work for everyone (who wants them, that is)... I also have to finish a smaller version of Hall of Assassins for Soul, and I have to install XP on my old computer...

Not to mention that I still have yet to finish AJ2-2 (I need some static meshes of gargoyles... if anyone knows where to find em... please link), and a newer map called BuA-Hyper... I think you guys might like it. :)

Once I get some lighting done, I will post pix.

Besides all those projects... I am currently planning to make combiners for all the skins in the current skinpak... those being;

Iceburgs
Devastator
AX000
Lurker_71
Bonecrusher*

Combiners can be several things, but their purpose mainly for me would be to have animated textures combined with the current shaders.
I will be trying to use these to complete teamskins.

Again... when I have more, I will post pix.

* - Boney's skin is not yet completed, and will be part of a single pak, or another skinpak.

He only looked like that when you have the skin loaded right?? He looked normal to me, if thats possible for ICE. LOL

Yes. If you have the skin loaded, you will be able to see it in game.

«BuA»Lurker_71
19th Jul 2003, 09:48 PM
I'm begining to think that our skin problem has a lot to do with UEd... remember that I told you that I reinstalled the skins, but they wouldn't show up?
After I linked AJ2-2 to the tex file in UEd... they showed up... go figure.

Looks like I'm gonna have to completely recreate the skins using UPaint, then alter them to add the shader/combiners.

If I have the time, I'll work on this tomorrow.

Then the only thing I'll need to do to AJ2-2 is add more light... then it should be ready for beta-testing.

TAZTG
20th Jul 2003, 11:39 AM
Yes. If you have the skin loaded, you will be able to see it in game.

Here's a question, does the server need to have the skin loaded for BuA to use and see?? If I loaded ICE's skin here, and Ice has it on his computer would I be able to see it?? If so , why not make these skins available to us non-mappers??

«BuA»Lurker_71
20th Jul 2003, 11:46 AM
AX and I have been working on that for several days now, actually. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
1st Aug 2003, 02:27 PM
For testing purposes, I designed a new skin using an existing upl... I don't know for sure if it works for everyone, mainly because I have no one to beta test it right now.
However, if it does work... I will have solved the current skin problem.

Here's a shot of the skin... for the Satin model.

Oh yeah, and if anyone knows how to setup a personal ftp site (one I could keep open while online), please let me know. Currently I am using SmartFTP. :D

«BuA»Lurker_71
3rd Aug 2003, 03:14 PM
Oki Boney, here's couple of pix for the Lauren shader.
I'll check into that blue pants thingy for ya ina sec...

«BuA»Lurker_71
3rd Aug 2003, 03:47 PM
Boney; here are your blue team pants options... you can choose which you like best.

«BuA»Lurker_71
4th Aug 2003, 03:54 PM
In light of some recent developments, I will be remaking these skins:

Devastator
AX000
Lurker (Thorax model)
Iceburgs

This will be the "«BuA»Multipak #2".
Multipak #1 is currently available for anyone who would like me to upload it to them, and contains these skins:
Skeletal Male with shader "BoneDaddy"
Lauren (TC) with armor shader "Bonecrusher"
Satin (TC) with bodysuit/armor shader "Lurker_71"

TC = TeamColors

Skin requests are open for discussion.
Shaders are relatively easy to make, customizing the actual skin will take more time.

Also, AX, Ice and anyone wanting a skin needs to make sure (in advance) they have at least a short bio for the Xplayers.int file.

Iceburgs
4th Aug 2003, 06:18 PM
Lurk, just let me know when you are going to be finalizing the pack, and I will e-mail you character bio info. Thanks!

«BuA»Lurker_71
5th Aug 2003, 05:24 AM
The second skinpak is completed. I only need the xplayers content rom AX and Ice to make it a complete set.
All shaders are standard except for Iceburgs.
Ice has a silver/grey shader for red team, and the original blue shader for blue team (there's actually a big difference between them).
I am now adding xplayers conent for:
Devastator
Lurker

I will post pix later.

Iceburgs
6th Aug 2003, 06:02 PM
Lurk, I will e-mail you tonight or tomorrow with the xplayers content. I hope I won't be holding things up. Later!

«BuA»Lurker_71
6th Aug 2003, 07:05 PM
Lurk, I will e-mail you tonight or tomorrow with the xplayers content. I hope I won't be holding things up. Later!

Actually, I'm currently adding red trim to your team skin... so you aren't holding anything up. ;)

«BuA»Lurker_71
7th Aug 2003, 07:12 PM
Here's pic of Dev and I in Aftermath... using the shaders, of course...
it was a close match, and this ending was an excellent reason to show off a pic of the shaders in action. :D

Shattered_Steel
7th Aug 2003, 09:47 PM
And here's a pic of what happens when you don't have any of Lurk's skins downloaded. Can we say "Gorge Convention"?

«BuA»Lurker_71
8th Aug 2003, 12:04 AM
MUHAHAHAHA
That's great... makes me wanna pee myself!! :lol:

Iceburgs
8th Aug 2003, 01:44 AM
Ahh crap. Been so busy. Lurk, I promise to get you bio text by the next practice. Mkay?

«BuA»Lurker_71
8th Aug 2003, 04:30 AM
Sure thing Ice! I should have the skins done by then. :tup:

«BuA»Lurker_71
9th Aug 2003, 03:45 PM
I have completed the changes for BuA-multipak2.

Iceburgs
9th Aug 2003, 10:03 PM
Lurk, I will compose the text and e-mail it or PM to you no later than practice on Monday. Hopefully, I will get it done by Sunday evening.

Bonecrusher
9th Aug 2003, 10:11 PM
Steel: Why are your Gorges so...Red?

Shattered_Steel
9th Aug 2003, 11:53 PM
Bright skins, buddy boy. That thing that most of you uninstalled. Makes you all stand out like lights on a Christmas tree. :D

«BuA»Lurker_71
12th Aug 2003, 03:15 AM
Ok... according to what I see in the playerskins pak that came with UT2, a single player is set up with a standard of 3 skins (this is not true in all cases... Corrosion for example, has a blue body which doubles for his blue teamskin).
The textures are set up like so:

DM (or standard) skin: EgyptMaleABodyA
Red teamskin: EgyptMaleABodyA_0
Blue teamskin: EgyptMaleABodyA_1

I've never created a skin as such... but I imagine a customized upl could be created for your skin, Ice.
I'll start testing.

ED:
Ok... apparently that's not working. I created a whole new pak for ya that had the skins set up as above, but it's not registering in UT2.
Ax had expressed the importance of there being a significant amount of red in the skin to make sure team colors were prevalent, and I have to agree. The only way I can see to rectify the problem, is to create another skin for you that has only the standard skin, with no teamskins.
This is not a problem, and I can even have it ready for you before you get back on here to read this.
It might prove a lil frustrating having to switch back and forth, tho.
Now, you had mentioned something about the difference between the shader colors... when I created the remade multipak2, I used a standard shader for everyone, but used a blue shader for your blue team skin.
If you prefer one to the other, I would gladly make that your standard shader for your DM skin.

«BuA»Lurker_71
9th Dec 2003, 12:20 PM
After all this time, I finally found the answer to your dilemna, Ice.
This means, however, that I have to recreate your skinpack, which I won't have time for til at least thursday night.
It seems the best way to do it would be the simplest way;
Standard (or DM) skin = Body
Team skins = Body0 and Body1 (red and blue respectively).

In a skinpack, each skin would be in it's own group.

Just to prove a point;

«BuA»Lurker_71
12th Dec 2003, 06:16 AM
Skin completed.

Changelog:

Teamcolors now displayed on belt and arm (tattoos).
Completely repackaged, upl rewritten.

Screenshots to follow:

TAZTG
12th Dec 2003, 06:31 AM
Nice Lurk.. ICEY has a shiney SKIN...

«BuA»Lurker_71
12th Dec 2003, 06:37 AM
Nice Lurk.. ICEY has a shiney SKIN...

Thanks.
I'll be putting together a few others this morning... let me know what you think. ;)

«BuA»Lurker_71
8th Jan 2004, 03:41 PM
Another Prism skin; Firefly.
Need to fix the «BuA» tag on the shoulder (note: blue team skin).
Used a lava combiner for the hair and eyes, not only looks cool, but moves as well.

Devastator
8th Jan 2004, 04:11 PM
nice

Bonecrusher
8th Jan 2004, 04:23 PM
ooooooooo. That looks really cool.

Iceburgs
8th Jan 2004, 07:01 PM
Thanks, Lurk. I haven't had chance to get working on some sigs yet, but I would like to compliment you on your choice of map. That is a pretty slick map, eh? Isn't that DM-Icetomb? I know I have the map and I have taken screenies on it too. In fact, I had a lot of fun testing the ninja rope mod on that map. :)

DrahguneyeZ
8th Jan 2004, 08:15 PM
that is an awesome map. I remember playing that map so much at FrAgIt's house.

Bonedigger
8th Jan 2004, 08:52 PM
Lookin kewl lurk that is kewl that the hair swirls and stuff i also like the eyes :eek:

Devastator
8th Jan 2004, 11:21 PM
Could you replace the robots window/eye so it moves. Like lava, lightning etc...

«BuA»Lurker_71
9th Jan 2004, 01:01 AM
I'll give it a shot. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
18th Jan 2004, 06:45 AM
For s**ts and giggles, I submitted two of my skins to SkinCity.
They went up today, if anyone wants to check em out, go here. (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/)
One of them you've seen, the other you haven't...

Bonecrusher
18th Jan 2004, 11:47 AM
They both look really good Lurk. The robot looks good in green. :)

Devastator
18th Jan 2004, 01:10 PM
Cool. The robot does look cool in green :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
18th Jan 2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
6th Feb 2004, 09:53 PM
Another Corrosion skin.
This one is Legion.

It's not so much that this one has changed (in concept) from MAB720, but that this one has the specular I've been trying to figure out for weeks, now.

Still, it looks good ingame... :D

Devastator
6th Feb 2004, 09:56 PM
Looks awsome Lurk. Great job :D

Bonecrusher
6th Feb 2004, 10:22 PM
It looks like what a robot should look like in this game. Not shiny and new. They all should look like they've been around the block a few times.

Good job Lurk :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
22nd Feb 2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry I haven't mentioned anything about the skin you requested, Ice...
I've been rather ill this week, and I seem to be sleeping more than normal (even on my days off).
I have a few alpha layering problems to work out before the head is finished, and I can't seem to make a combiner that does what I want it to do, for the body.
Bear with me... I'll get it.

Iceburgs
23rd Feb 2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the update Lurk. I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and no rush on the skin. When it's ready, it's ready.

«BuA»Lurker_71
27th Feb 2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the update Lurk. I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and no rush on the skin. When it's ready, it's ready.

I wanted to let you know that there's an issue with the satin model that I can't seem to get around.
As I said before, tho... we could always use the Lauren model, which is compatible with Satin and Sapphire but has a different head.
If that's ok with you and the Mrs, I can have something posted later on today.

Iceburgs
28th Feb 2004, 08:45 PM
Hmm, that sucks, cuz she really liked the Satin model. Maybe let me know what it is/how import this issue is before you progress? Unless, of course, you could put the satin model's head on Lauren? :P

«BuA»Lurker_71
29th Feb 2004, 07:39 AM
Hmm, that sucks, cuz she really liked the Satin model. Maybe let me know what it is/how import this issue is before you progress? Unless, of course, you could put the satin model's head on Lauren? :P

I haven't learned to model yet, so I can't do it that way.

The main problem is that Satin and Sapphire have an alpha layer on their bangs that keeps them from covering their whole face. When I apply another layer that has an alpha in it, it nullifies the layer on the original skin/face, causing her to look a bit like cousin It from the Addams family.
Lauren's head does not have this.
I could use the body skin for Satin on Lauren's model (at least I'm about 90% certain I could), but because of the alpha layering on Satin's face skin, I couldn't use Satin's head.

AX gave me a few ideas on how to fix this, but so far all I've been able to do is make her head transparent... :lol:

I'll do some more testing on the face skin asap.

Iceburgs
2nd Mar 2004, 01:21 AM
OK, thanks. As I mentioned, the Satin skin is what Mrs. Ice most likes, since it most closely represents her in facial expression, body type/size and hair style--all good reasons. So, if you can't do it/figure it out right now, that's ok. Just let me know if can, and then we'll be cooking. :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
2nd Mar 2004, 08:22 AM
I could probably modify the facial skin to look like Satin, but we'll have to see about the hair.

Just so you know what I mean about the bangs, you should load up UPaint and open the Satin model.
If you turn her to the left or the right, you'll notice what looks like a faceplate over her face... and that is what I'm having a very had time getting rid of.

There's a handful of programs I have to reload before I can continue work, as I've just upgraded to XP Pro, so it might be sometime thursday or friday before I have anything to show you.

«BuA»Lurker_71
30th Jun 2004, 12:47 PM
*BUMP*

Oki, it's only been 3 months... :rolleyes: but I finally have something for ya to look at Icey;

I've been on it since 6am... and this is only the reg skin... the shader on the blue skin is darker, and the red skin has fire for a shader.
I'll get pics of those here ina sec...

Tell me what you think and I'll get on it ASAPLY... :D

«BuA»Meat
30th Jun 2004, 03:00 PM
Nice lurky !

Iceburgs
30th Jun 2004, 11:34 PM
Looking good. I think I see what you mean when you were talking about some sort of issue with the bangs. Anyway you can get the hair a little more on the red side? I take it you can't put the fire shader in the hair, though. We shall talk next time we are online together (Monday?).

«BuA»Lurker_71
1st Jul 2004, 05:41 AM
Looking good. I think I see what you mean when you were talking about some sort of issue with the bangs. Anyway you can get the hair a little more on the red side? I take it you can't put the fire shader in the hair, though. We shall talk next time we are online together (Monday?).

The shader is in the hair and on the red team skin.
I know it's hard to see in the pic, and I'll spend some time this morning looking for a better fire texture to use.
My thoughts on the bangs are; leave em blonde, and use the shader on the rest of the head.
Ah... and by the way... I used Satin's skin on Lauren's model so that the bangs I was having trouble with previously would not show up.

And I'll be there for practice tonight, btw. :)

=NS=sOuLs
1st Jul 2004, 09:14 AM
The shader is in the hair and on the red team skin.
I know it's hard to see in the pic, and I'll spend some time this morning looking for a better fire texture to use.
My thoughts on the bangs are; leave em blonde, and use the shader on the rest of the head.
Ah... and by the way... I used Satin's skin on Lauren's model so that the bangs I was having trouble with previously would not show up.

And I'll be there for practice tonight, btw. :)

How the hell do u use shaders, i have always wanted to know, i know u use it in ued, but how do u make the shiney effects??

i wanna make a skin but use shaders with it

«BuA»Lurker_71
1st Jul 2004, 04:00 PM
How the hell do u use shaders, i have always wanted to know, i know u use it in ued, but how do u make the shiney effects??

i wanna make a skin but use shaders with it
http://www.chiq.net/ut2003specshader.htm

Takes some trial and error... if you're not patient (and willing to wade through crashes when you screw up) then you might as well give up now. ;)

=NS=sOuLs
2nd Jul 2004, 04:25 AM
http://www.chiq.net/ut2003specshader.htm

Takes some trial and error... if you're not patient (and willing to wade through crashes when you screw up) then you might as well give up now. ;)

Well thnx for the link dude, all i wanna do is learn shaders, and i willl be patient as long as i learn :D :lol:

«BuA»Lurker_71
5th Jul 2004, 08:47 PM
Ice, I'll be working on that skin tomorrow again, and while I stil have a few ideas floating around... I'll be working on a new one for me as well. ;) :D

«BuA»Lurker_71
6th Jul 2004, 12:25 PM
Here's a pic of the new hair shader I've put on Mrs.Icey, and a pic of a possible new Lurk skin...

TAZTG
6th Jul 2004, 04:40 PM
Mrs. Icey still has glow in the dark hair. LOL

Bad-Target
6th Jul 2004, 10:13 PM
Here's a pic of the new hair shader I've put on Mrs.Icey, and a pic of a possible new Lurk skin...

How about cool blue fire hair. it might look icy.

Just an idea from Williamsburg Va. I am Using the resorts computer, because it is free. But, I can't do any gamming. See ya all later.

«BuA»Lurker_71
17th Aug 2004, 12:41 PM
'Nuff said... ;)

Bonecrusher
17th Aug 2004, 06:08 PM
:eek:
That looks sweet Lurk. Good job. :D

«BuA»Lurker_71
17th Aug 2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks Boney. :)

Combiners are wonderful things... I'll be tweaking this skin and posting Mrs.Icey changes soon.

Iceburgs
19th Aug 2004, 12:57 AM
Kewlio! That reminds me, Lurk, are you going to be resaving the skins you made in 2k3 for 2k4? Also, you wouldn't happen to have resaved the pictaker map in 2k4 format, would you?

«BuA»Lurker_71
19th Aug 2004, 08:07 AM
Kewlio! That reminds me, Lurk, are you going to be resaving the skins you made in 2k3 for 2k4? Also, you wouldn't happen to have resaved the pictaker map in 2k4 format, would you?

Actually, the pictaker map was Boney's to begin with. :)
I do still have it tho, and I believe I have all the skins from 2k3.
Lemme do a quick look...
Ok, looks like I've still got the original 2 AX skins, your original skin, and the IceyB skin, Dev's skin, and my dark red skin.

I'm still using the pictaker map for my sigs, so it wouldn't take a lot to get any of those to ya. :D

Bonecrusher
19th Aug 2004, 08:10 AM
I made a few modifications to mine but I still have it.