PDA

View Full Version : Review: ExplosiveMode

ModSquad NewsPoster
17th Jun 2003, 04:39 PM
[ Transcript of review for ExplosiveMode (http://modsquad.beyondunreal.com/review.php?id=142) | Posted by Shuri on 2003-06-12 | Score: 9.1 ]
<b>Explosive Potential</b>
This mutator really kicks butt. Whenever you or anyone else gibs, the dead body detonates a nuclear explosion. It also sends a nuke flying in the direction they were facing, creating a new strategy for fragging.

<b>Strategy First</b>
For example, if you had the rocket launcher, and you killed someone facing you, a nuke would immediately fly for your head, providing they gibbed of course. Another strategy first would be, lets say, if you spot a dead body, and someone else runs over it, if you were to blow the body up, the running person can say goodnight, ExplosiveMode style!

<b>Bots Play Well? Pinch Me, I'm Dreaming!</b>
The bot play is excellent. They know what weapons to use, how to use them to their advantage, and use strategy well, forcing a challenge. That's a plus on my scale!

<b>Too Good to be True</b>
There is a downside however; it lags a tad when the explosion first erupts, especially with a Redeemer. Think about it: Redeemer ExplosiveMode Explosion = LAG! It's a minor downpoint that I can certainly look over, and I have a feeling you will too.

-Outpost

(Review transferred from Modsquad 1)