Review: A Madman`s Dream

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for A Madman`s Dream | Posted by Dade on 2002-12-29 | Score: 5 ]
Nice Title
The title makes you quite curious on what the mod is about. What do madmen dream about? And madwomen for that fact... Anyways, the mutator got off on the right foot, and I was eager to try it out. It turns out madmen dream about bodies...and lots of them. The mutator basically allows more bodies to be in a zone than normal. UT usually restricts 3 bodies to a zone before they start to disappear. You can now set it to 999 bodies! And the mutator also extends the time the carcass sits around (they will disappear eventually), and it doesn't let the bots mutilate the body unless a human is watching (what kind of mutator is this?!?!). This basically adds up to lots of bodies all over the place. Eggs-ellent...

Clean Up on Aisle 5...and 6 and 7 and 8...
The mutator has a clever idea...and executes. However, that isn't all that great because it really doesn't add to the gameplay other than bodies being everywhere. They just sit there and look dead. Which is nice if you like that sorta stuff. It does have potential for screenshot opportunities though. Piling up several hundred carcasses in a small room makes for quite the POTD on some site (hint, hint).

Eh.
It isn't bad. But it isn't good either. If there was ever a mutator that was middling, this is it. It has one bad spot. The carcasses hamper the FPS you get, because they take up processing power. But you knew that when you loaded the mutey up!

Also, this mutator is good to use with others. I tried it with Decal Stay and the Matrix combo and it added to the experience, even though I was getting like 10 FPS.

In conclusion, this mute is superbly, fantastically mediocre. I didn't feel pumped after I played it, nor depressed. I felt the same as before I played. In fact, I had the sudden urge to drink milk, and I still do as I write this.

-Robert Srinivasiah