PDA

View Full Version : Review: Capture the Tree

ModSquad NewsPoster
17th Jun 2003, 04:31 PM
[ Transcript of review for Capture the Tree (http://modsquad.beyondunreal.com/review.php?id=84) | Posted by AnarKi on 2002-11-29 | Score: 7 ]
This mutator is appropriately called "Capture the Tree" since that is exactly what it is. Firstly I would like to compliment the author for the effort they have put in to make an extra file for HTTP Redirect and full instructions on loading the mutator onto a server. Not many mutators I have used actually have this helpful information included in the readme file.

So a good first impression, which is always good in a mutator since it compels you to continue installing it. Which I did. Easy to install and once done, easy to select to play and so off I went. Now the thing I must warn you about this mutator is that dont be obsessed by staring in awe at the Christmas tree that seems to have replaced your beloved flag, because your enemies will not be.

But after watching and playing with these Christmas trees for a few matches, you begin to realise that this is it. Thats all this 160kb mutator does. Turns the flags into christmas trees. Gee, thats great, but it could have been so much more. I would suggest that in the next installment of the mutator, or if anyone else is designing something similar, that you do more than just christmas trees. Perhaps turn the flag carrier into a santa claus, that would be great. Or make the map covered in Christmas decorations, I don't know. But I do know that making flags into Christmas trees is just not enough to hold anyone's attention. Just another mutator to sit in the corner and gather dust I'm afraid.

- Ben Styling aka AnarKi.