PDA

View Full Version : needing help on a new game type

Dark Messager
17th Jun 2003, 03:13 PM
Hey. I need at least a codder to start making with me a new game type. For now i call it Conquer the Base(CtB) and mixes BR with CTF elements in a more team game, so its better if played online. People who are interested in helping me send an e-mail to warboss@iol.pt, telling me what is your skills in Uscript and if u have, projects in Uscript as well.(i hope this wasnt any error).

If someone wants to ask something about CtB, fell free and I will try my best to answer.

Dark[NSF]
17th Jun 2003, 06:10 PM
2 Questions..

1. What is it that you do?
2. Is your alias suppose to be "Dark Messenger" ?

FaT CaM
18th Jun 2003, 04:52 AM
im guessing you have to take an object (a bomb?) to the enemy base and control it

Dark Messager
18th Jun 2003, 07:16 AM
']2 Questions..

1. What is it that you do?
2. Is your alias suppose to be "Dark Messenger" ?

1. The only thing that i can do right now is maps, i hope I'll learn about Uscript.

2.I prefer Dark Messager. I know i Put it wrong but i used this nick when i first entered in an online match, so i kinda got use to it.

Dark Messager
18th Jun 2003, 07:30 AM
im guessing you have to take an object (a bomb?) to the enemy base and control it

It's a bit close to that. In BR you have 1 ball, which a team as to take control of it and score. Well if one team is attacking its obvious that the opposite team as to defend. In CtB u dont have a bomb but 2 Items, 1 for each team, so the teams have to defend and attack the base at the same time. I play alot CTF and i fell like in online games theres not a lot team game, all the team attacks(most of the time) and only when the flag was missing they would pass to a defense state. The objective in CtB is to take the object to the enemy base, when you put the item the base is conquered and the team wins a point. If the IC(Item Carrier) dies, the item falls and if the opposite team touches the Item it goes to the most late player(of course that player is from the same team as the Item and is defending the base). So a team doesn't win by all players attacking and it doesn't win by all players defending.

Dark Messager
18th Jun 2003, 07:39 AM
I will also need a modeler and later 1 or 2 mappers. The moddeler will make the Items for each map and maybe a new weapon. For the mappers, obviously there going to make the maps.

the_lord
2nd Dec 2004, 03:30 PM
I will also need a modeler and later 1 or 2 mappers. The moddeler will make the Items for each map and maybe a new weapon. For the mappers, obviously there going to make the maps.

hey
h r u?
i read ur msg and it was so interesting idea about that game that u wanna
make it. so u want a modeler?
i can help u i really like making models.
im making models since about 3 years i can try to make the models that u want.
so if u want me to help u u can reply
im waiting for ur reply

DA|Dante
5th Dec 2004, 05:19 PM
It's a bit close to that. In BR you have 1 ball, which a team as to take control of it and score. Well if one team is attacking its obvious that the opposite team as to defend. In CtB u dont have a bomb but 2 Items, 1 for each team, so the teams have to defend and attack the base at the same time. I play alot CTF and i fell like in online games theres not a lot team game, all the team attacks(most of the time) and only when the flag was missing they would pass to a defense state. The objective in CtB is to take the object to the enemy base, when you put the item the base is conquered and the team wins a point. If the IC(Item Carrier) dies, the item falls and if the opposite team touches the Item it goes to the most late player(of course that player is from the same team as the Item and is defending the base). So a team doesn't win by all players attacking and it doesn't win by all players defending.
Well actually you're forcing ALL the players to attack, since they don't want the item to be back so far.

the_lord
10th Dec 2004, 02:30 PM
hey there
h r u?
look u told me u need a modeler and im a modeler if u need help.
and i have a friend that im working with him to make some games he is a codder. if u need anyone to work with u juz tell me ill help u.

the_lord....