PDA

View Full Version : Really funny thread on INA

Sparky
15th Jun 2003, 07:08 AM
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301378

Omg omg, Classic! Look for MstrHnky's really long reply :D

WebSlinger
15th Jun 2003, 07:20 AM
can we make crippler9NE a moderator here, pweeeeeze!?

Arcturus
15th Jun 2003, 07:23 AM
That fellow makes me want to commit suicide.

Still, funny stuff. :lol::tup:

iridium
15th Jun 2003, 07:38 AM
that is some funny crap..

Radiosity
15th Jun 2003, 07:57 AM
well ya im downloaing a different file...

That line was good, you could almost see the look on his face as he opens Kazaa frantically and tries in vain to see if the file really is the game or not :)

Reminds me somewhat of Redeemer99. Oh what a shame, all of his post were lost weren't they, what a tragedy for the community :lol:

Daedalus
15th Jun 2003, 11:33 AM
so...STUPID! ugh, I cant believe people like that still EXIST!

but funny nonetheless

NeoNite
15th Jun 2003, 12:04 PM
That guy has to be braindeath. But nonetheless, replying to that thread was not necessary. The troll got what he want I guess...

pine
15th Jun 2003, 12:54 PM
/me waves at NeoNite :)

Thrawn70
15th Jun 2003, 12:54 PM
Apathy II's multiple-choice anti-troll test was classic. :lol:

KJAX
15th Jun 2003, 02:55 PM
Apathy II's multiple-choice anti-troll test was classic. :lol:

I vote for BuF to adopt that test. :tup:

Swift Viper
15th Jun 2003, 03:13 PM
I found all them replys a waste of time, because words sloves nothing, but banning does. #1 reason why I don't go back there any more to post, because feels like everyone there is crazy. Feels much better here ;) . I never say anything to them (waste of time) and just wait for the mods to come around.

Ban to me sounds like a strong and scarely word :hmm: to me, but nothing else works and IMHO flames only wants to make them come back even more.

BTW, am I allow to qutoe posts from that thread?

Swedix
15th Jun 2003, 03:24 PM
Didn't we have a similar post here once? Or maybe it was in the UT forum.

BulletProof
15th Jun 2003, 04:24 PM
damn, why didn't I think of that; $50 wasted on this game :lol:

Daedalus
15th Jun 2003, 04:54 PM
well, because we got blasted back so far, there WAS an equally stupid thread. IT's now in the classics. That guy who tried to join _Zd_ without actually owning UT at all or knowing how to use IRC or anything :lol:

NeoNite
15th Jun 2003, 05:37 PM
/me waves at NeoNite :)

/me waves back with a drunk nalicow

Been a long time Pineconeboy :OB :-)

NeoNight
15th Jun 2003, 06:12 PM
lol next thing you know the guy will email epic asking for a free copy of the game lol

The Trasher
16th Jun 2003, 04:09 AM
Invalid Thread Specified.

:(

Wormbo
16th Jun 2003, 04:12 AM
Aww...
They probably deleted it then, too bad. :)

The Trasher
16th Jun 2003, 04:18 AM
Anyone got a backup?

pine
18th Jun 2003, 12:33 PM
/me waves back with a drunk nalicow

Been a long time Pineconeboy :OB :-)

Yeah dude, sometime we should start another one of the crazy story threads for UT2k3 in this forum. They didn't work real well, but they were fun anyways. :)

NeoNite
18th Jun 2003, 02:31 PM
Yeah they're fun, but they don't work well... so well.. maybe.. maybe not. We'll see what happens :-)
I'm not that up to date anymore when it comes to ut2K3 =-B

Hey PCB, yesterday I specced a botmatch for the first time... I mean I bought this game in october last year.
Huh, is it me.. they just don't appear to move better than their ut1 counterparts :con: sometimes they just won't move, or ignore an opponent running in front of them. Sometimes that is...
Why can't I see their avatars :con:

Ah well...
DM-Frozen is beautiful btw. And the DE maps aren't bad either! (haven't tried the epic bp yet...)

pine
18th Jun 2003, 05:33 PM
Have you tried the superbots mutator? I'm not sure where to download it, but I have heard it will make them do new things like lift jump on Compressed and such. The bot movement in UT2k3 is lame because they almost never do anything more than a regular dodge. So no matter what the bot difficulty level, you can always move a lot faster than them by dodge-jumping. It makes capturing the flag in CTF easy, even though they are a lot better with the translocator (and at CTF in general) than the UT bots.

I know you don't like this game as much as UT, and by what you find entertaining, I can see why. For me it's really fun though, the crazy midair fights and such are a hoot. =)

NeoNite
18th Jun 2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah I've heard someone mention superbots before.
I'll find it no worry.
Whatever makes the bots spicier (?), I'm interested.

Such a shame you can't set the fov over 100? Is that considered cheating? I don't see why.. man.. :-/ 110 can be so nice...

pine
18th Jun 2003, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you can set the fov over 100 online; I'm SURE you can do it offline. Just type 'fov 110' in the console.

NeoNite
18th Jun 2003, 06:45 PM
Hm haven't tried it yet. Cause I was convinced you weren't able to set it higher than 100 but yeah..
And it's been five months. I'm not sure if it was possible back then...

Players look so small ... that's annoying. I'm thinking of installing the bright skins/models but I'm not sure if they'll be that big a help...

Radiosity
18th Jun 2003, 06:52 PM
Here's the site of the person that made super bots:

http://24.76.238.140/mysterial/UTMods.htm

They're not really that super though, they have a tendancy to do even more stupid stuff than regular bots like dodge-jumping off high ledges (elecfields is a good one for that) etc. They're pretty good for a laugh but you'll probably not use them for much else ;)

Thrawn70
18th Jun 2003, 06:53 PM
In other words, they rock on enclosed maps ;)

dominado
18th Jun 2003, 08:15 PM
--

NeoNite
20th Jun 2003, 05:16 PM
I know you don't like this game as much as UT, and by what you find entertaining, I can see why. For me it's really fun though, the crazy midair fights and such are a hoot. =)

Yeah heh.. I've deleted the game today.
Well, seems like it won't work for me :-/ Don't tell me I haven't tried, that was the third (or fourth time) I gave it a shot.

Ah well, it just can't replace the good Unreal (or ut) feel I guess :-)
Have fun though, playing Ut2003 (and soon ut2004...)

Radiosity
20th Jun 2003, 07:14 PM
Why does it have to replace the UT feel? I play both still and love both of them for what they are - two quite different but very fun and addictive games that I enjoy for different reasons. For me, UT2003 compliments UT99, it doesn't replace it - they both have their ups and downs and I play either depending mostly what kind of mood I'm in; if I feel like Deathmatch then it's UT99 all the way, simply because the DM maps rock, but most of the time I play CTF so UT2003 gets the spotlight mostly, as I love the gameplay in 2K3 CTF more than in UT99.

Anyway, enough rambling from me :) I love both games, simple as that :D

NeoNite
20th Jun 2003, 07:21 PM
Nah it's got nothing to do with "oh it's not the old unreal"...
It's just that unreal and ut FEEL good to me, I'm always eager to play and learn more about these games.

Ut2003 is nice, and that's it :O) and that won't suffice for me.
I play it for a day, or two and I forget about the game. The urge to play is gone. Can't say that about unreal or ut.

Maybe I didn't use the right words in my previous post.