And stupidity strikes once again.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
-reaper- said:
Read and... laugh? Cry? Commit suicide? I don't know how to react to that.
OMG. Reaper is listening to Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osborne, The Police and watches MASH every day!!!111

As a kid I used my fingers to act as if I'd shoot my brains out when I had the displeasure of witnessing such amounts of stupidity. Oh, not couse I wanted to die but as a symbol to show that I'm disgusted to live on the same planet as these idiots. Later on I prefered to aim in their direction... although it had the same meaning for me it was more satisfying. :shy: I have no doubt that if they would be in power I'd be in prison now couse I obviously display my will to kill them and have to be stopped before I single-handedly kill all humans on the planet with my evil fingers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
Oh, yes... M*A*S*H 4077!
"Suicide is Painless" is just priceless! :D
Love that song.

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
What's offensive about those lyrics? Someone who is about to kill himself will do it, music or no. It sure goes quicker if he's got no interests besides sitting home alone. Music saves lives, idiots!

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Guys I think that website is fake I just saw another story on it that was the fight to "save the tatas" or in other words an aritcle comparing natural breasts to endangered species

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
....lol, well seeing as how the articles go thats probably about how jesus doesnt condone implants and that people who have them are going to hell....

hrm... metallica has been on the ozzfest tour i believe....
I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free

and its a good song too!

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
Hell, they didn't even TOUCH "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult!

I absolutely LOVE how people can simply take ONE SINGLE line from a song and use it for their own advantage. I also love how these same idiots think that anything Manson or Ozzy can sing will push a 'normal' child over the edge and 'cause' him/her to commit suicide...

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Sheesh...

I tend to take lyrics like these to be merely a story about someone contemplating suicide, being violent or what have you, and if not that, an honest, heartfelt feeling from the songwriter...or perhaps just an exploration into such sentiments. I have a hard time believing that there is this big bad group of people out there with records deals who honestly want all of their listeners to commit suicide, kill people, etc.

Hell, if this guy doesn't want his children to hear about violence, contemplation of suicide, drinking, and other bad things, I could give him a sizable list of passages to rip out of his(and his children's) bible*.

*He never actually said anywhere that he was a christian...but it is probably safe to assume that he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Mason said:
Hell, they didn't even TOUCH "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult!

I absolutely LOVE how people can simply take ONE SINGLE line from a song and use it for their own advantage. I also love how these same idiots think that anything Manson or Ozzy can sing will push a 'normal' child over the edge and 'cause' him/her to commit suicide...

Let's hear it for taking the literal meaning of stuff, as well as taking it out of context! :)

UncleOsmov

The beauty of AWD!
Mar 20, 2002
Chicaaago
don't forget
Pink Floyd:

Goodbye cruel world,
I'm leaving you today,
goodbye goodbye,
goodbye.

Goodbye all you people,
there's nothing you can say,
to make me change my mind,
goodbye.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Don't forget Monty Python.

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night and I work all day.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds :
- Death is not the end ...

- Curse of Millhaven ... ("Singing la la la la la la la lie all God's children they all gotta die ...")

Freek de Jonge :
- "Er is leven na de dood" (the Dutch version of 'Death is not the end')