PDA

View Full Version : Skin for RenegadeRetard

Thrawn70
14th Jun 2003, 09:59 AM
Well, I whipped up this skin in tribute for Renegade. I figured the guy went through so much and kept a good sense of humor, so he deserved his own skin. Here ya go bud! ;)

Unfortunately, I had no way to host it, so its on an ftp run off of my comp. Hopeful I'll find a way to get a permanent host soon, so grab it while it's hot!

You'll need to login with an ftp program like this: http://download.com.com/3000-2160-1572132.html?tag=lst-0-1

Enter this information as the server and then click "Connect" and download RenegadeRetardSkin.zip

IP: 12.224.151.132
User: test
Pass: test

P.S. Thanks a bunch to Hunter, who gave me tons of info and led me through the setup and stuff. Thanks man! :)

Hunter
14th Jun 2003, 10:08 AM
no problem, i will write tuts up soon enough for loads of things.

Could people connecting please make sure you don't connect using Passive, there should be an option to change PASV to PORT

Renegade Retard
14th Jun 2003, 10:14 AM
LOL, thanks pal!

I'm starting to download now. With my connection, it may take a while. ;)

I'll comment when I get it.

Thrawn70
14th Jun 2003, 11:29 AM
Ok, well DaBeatard was nice enough to host this masterpiece on his webspace: http://www.dabeatard.com/files/RenegadeRetardSkin.zip Thanks man! Don't worry Ren, I'll leave my FTP up for another 12 hours so you can d/l it. ;) :D

Renegade Retard
14th Jun 2003, 11:30 AM
Okay, I've got it, but....

I must be missing something, because it looks like the normal skin.

Anyhow, I'll be back later. I got to go take my kiddo to find Nemo. ;)

Thanks again for the gift pal!

Thrawn70
14th Jun 2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, the skin has minor changes to it. Check the head (a crosshair to help the Rev), and the belt items. I know that they're kinda hard to read, but he now has "Wup Ass" on one of the boxes and a med kit on the other. I tried to make a giant smily face on the chest armor, but it looked really crappy so I got rid of it.

Thrawn70
14th Jun 2003, 11:37 AM
I didnt' want you to stand out too much, but here's a pic taht showcases most of the changes.

pine
14th Jun 2003, 12:13 PM
Nice! :)

DaBeatard
14th Jun 2003, 12:44 PM
lol at the skin and character description in the readme :p

@Scum, did you just click on the dl link? I just tested it again and it worked fine.

Hunter
14th Jun 2003, 02:08 PM
Can't DL it from the links provided :( I wanna see Ren w/his skin :tup:

the ip is an FTP link

Renegade Retard
14th Jun 2003, 08:03 PM
ROFL!!! I see the changes now. I was rushing earlier to make it to the movies on time.

Thanks Thrawn (and Hunter and Beat for helping out). I feel so loved. *sob*

I'll try it out tonight. Maybe Webby can load it to the server for me (still necessary, right?)

Thrawn70
14th Jun 2003, 11:31 PM
We can see it as long as the client has it. If Webby put it on the server, it might lose it's individuality. Glad you like it! ;)

Sir_Brizz
3rd Jan 2004, 10:52 PM
*BUMP* Update me Thrawn, I need teamskins! :)

Thrawn70
4th Jan 2004, 12:34 PM
If someone can teach me how, I'll do it!

Sir_Brizz
4th Jan 2004, 08:05 PM
some modeller please kindly help the man!

Thrawn70
15th Jan 2004, 08:29 PM
I've got the skin completed, but just like last time, I have no place to host it. The 7MB file shouldn't put too much strain on your server if you agree to help this poor slob.

Thrawn70
15th Jan 2004, 08:56 PM
Problem solved! Mad props to DaBeatard for hosting this masterpiece on his server!

Linky: http://www.dabeatard.com/files/RenegadeRetardTS.zip

And yes, the Blue team skin does really say "Not Red" on the chestplate thanks in part to some not-so-careful planning on my part. Enjoy! :lol:

Sir_Brizz
15th Jan 2004, 09:16 PM
:lol: this rocks!

Thrawn70
15th Jan 2004, 10:05 PM
I'll be wearing this to the FragBU tomorrow, because I have a feeling that the man of honor won't be able to receive it in time. Feel free to wear it as well, or at least install it so you don't have to look at dear Mr. Gorge. ;)

spineblaZe
15th Jan 2004, 11:22 PM
:lol: LMFAO @ the player data...

Nice work :D:tup:

Renegade Retard
16th Jan 2004, 07:48 AM
Heh, I should be there tonight signing autographs! :D

Thanks again Thrawn. I'll get the old dialup pumping as soon as I get home tonight.

Hunter
16th Jan 2004, 08:36 AM
i'll get hold of the latest work tonight :D

Sir_Brizz
16th Jan 2004, 03:38 PM
This skin is so funny to play with ;) We should all play as it and take lots of screenshots of our Renegade Retard FragBU night! :)

WebSlinger
16th Jan 2004, 06:39 PM
Maybe Webby can load it to the server for me (still necessary, right?)I shouldn't have to install it on the server, so long as everyone else has it installed

Sir_Brizz
16th Jan 2004, 08:06 PM
you could force it down to everyone that connects!! That would rock! :D

Renegade Retard
16th Jan 2004, 11:57 PM
This skin is so funny to play with

Pal, I HOPE there's no double-meaning in that statement! :eek:

Thrawn70
17th Jan 2004, 12:01 AM
This skin is so funny to play with ;) We should all play as it and take lots of screenshots of our Renegade Retard FragBU night! :)
Pal, I HOPE there's no double-meaning in that statement! :eek:

Wow. Now THAT is the kind of publicity you just can't buy. :lol:

Sir_Brizz
17th Jan 2004, 08:26 AM
:lol: no Ren none at all :)

Renegade Retard
19th Mar 2004, 09:50 AM
:D :D :D

Thrawn70
19th Mar 2004, 06:04 PM
Won't the 2k3 skin work?

Thrawn70
24th Mar 2004, 06:35 PM
Wanna point me in the direction of a tutorial? Or do any exist yet?

spineblaZe
24th Mar 2004, 07:15 PM
It looks all messed up when you get into vehicles...

Yeah, they look rather retarded... Maybe leave it as is? ;)

Here is a pic of Harley Quinn driving a Scorpion :lol:

Renegade Retard
24th Mar 2004, 07:24 PM
Yeah, they look rather retarded... Maybe leave it as is? ;)

HAH!!!

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 09:14 AM
BUMP

Any modelers out there want a project?

This skin was created for me by a friend for UT2003. It was a great skin, and I used it all the time "back in the day."

I'm wanting a new skin now. I've considered doing it myself, but I just can't get the hang of skinning.

Here's what I'd love to see:

-Use this previous model as a starting reference
-Keep the Brock model, but make him bald (I've recently started shaving my head)
-Tan the skin just a tad
-Give him a gotee (style similar to Torch)
-Make the gotee and eyebrowns medium brown
-An added touch, though not necessary, would be some sunglasses that are a light color like amber or something, that you can still see the eyes through.
-Keep "REN" on the shoulder
-Incorportate "Retard Inc." somewhere
-Beyond that, I'm game for any creativity
-Do NOT put a clan tag on at this time. I've recently parted ways with my clan.

I don't know if these things are possible, but I thought I'd throw them out there just in case.

Again, I just wanted to ask in case someone was interested in a challenge. :D

DaBeatard
3rd Jun 2005, 09:23 AM
Wow. Shows you how much I clean out my file server. That file has been there for almost a year and a half.

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 09:29 AM
Wow. Shows you how much I clean out my file server. That file has been there for almost a year and a half.

Are you deleting it now?

DaBeatard
3rd Jun 2005, 09:37 AM
No. I clicked on the link in Thrawn's post and the file was still there. Keeping it there is no problem, but I'll remove it if you like.

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 09:58 AM
If you could leave it, I'd appreciate it. If no one takes up my request, then I'll download this one (again) and see if I can do something with it.

Sir_Brizz
3rd Jun 2005, 10:51 AM
Thrawn created a 2k4 skin with team colors, iirc.

Hanover_Fist
3rd Jun 2005, 11:47 AM
bah, just click the stuff at the bottom of my sig, it'll get you there. ;)

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 12:27 PM
I'm not clicking on ANYTHING in your sig if I don't get to hear the song!

DaBeatard
3rd Jun 2005, 12:50 PM
This it?

http://www.dabeatard.com/files/RenegadeRetardTS.zip

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 12:53 PM
I would assume so, but I'd have to check when I get home.

I'd still like something new though, something a little more unique.

I guess I'm just going to have to learn how to do it on my own.

DaBeatard
3rd Jun 2005, 12:55 PM
han has a upaint tutorial in his sig. but it doesn't make any sound.

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah, no more Tracy Morgan. :(

Hanover_Fist
3rd Jun 2005, 01:51 PM
I can't think of anything that is easier to mod in UT2k4 than a skin, other than maybe a subtracted cube in UEd.

here's a basic tutorial.

To make some a goofy skin:

The play disk has "UPaint" on it, it's in the "extras" folder, install that first.

Once UPaint is installed, go to: File > Open > Program Files > Right Hemisphere > UPaint > Characters (they will be .upp extensions)

Pick one and save it as 'goofy_skin' or something similar...make sure you do this, if you modify an existing skin and export it as the same name you'll have to reinstall

UPaint is similar to MSPaint, but a little more cumbersome.....you'll see what I mean. However it does have the model window so you can see what you're doing to your character.

Once you're done messing around with it, ie: spraying it up with lines and such.......

File > Export Character to Unreal (this will take a minute or two cause it has to create a bunch of files...)

Fire up 2k4 and your skin should be in the character browser....

Fun eh?

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 02:01 PM
Can I make adjustments other than changing colors, etc in UPaint? For instance, if I wanted to add a dunce hat on top of his head, can I do that through UPaint, or do I need another program for that?

Hanover_Fist
3rd Jun 2005, 02:01 PM
dunce caps and stuff like that are meshes that have to be added.

That is much more involved.

If you're that serious about it, I can link you and help you with some things.

BooGiTyBoY
3rd Jun 2005, 02:02 PM
I'll see if I can't whip something up for ya Ren.

Oh and your posts look rather depressing without a siggy pic. :)

http://users.adelphia.net/~digitalfidget/images/sigs/rensig.gif

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 02:04 PM
I'll see if I can't whip something up for ya Ren.

Oh and your posts look rather depressing without a siggy pic. :)

http://users.adelphia.net/~digitalfidget/images/sigs/rensig.gif

Sweetness! That's EXACTLY what I was looking to get, but I wasn't going to bug anyone with that too.

(I dropped the other sig since I'm no longer in tWe)

Edit - now if I can just get it to work

Edit 2 - :lol: I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see it, until I realized I had sigs turned off. :lol:

JohnDoe641
3rd Jun 2005, 02:11 PM
Holy cowbell batman, it's HAAAAAAAAAAANOOOOOOOOOOOVER FIST! D:

ltns Han. :D

The Warden
3rd Jun 2005, 02:11 PM
See I told you!!!

Boog to the rescue!! :)

Hanover_Fist
3rd Jun 2005, 02:19 PM
If you're interested in modeling, I'd use this: http://www.wings3d.com/, completely free and fairly easy to use. Plus there are forums that have tons of tutorials.

If you want I'll convert a model (of your choice) for you so you can open it in wings and modify it. In fact, I've been playing with a 2k4 model in wings and I'll e-mail it to you if you want. ;)

Another thing, in Polycounts "pimping and previews" forums a lot of the modelers there release what they call an "SDK". That's a model that's usually done and is unwrapped (made a skin template) and they are usually in a format that you can import into Wings and have a lookee at.

I'd link you to all kinds of cool stuff, but I'm at work and most everything cool is blocked. :rolleyes:

edit: sup JD :D

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 02:31 PM
I don't necessarily want to do anything drastic. I was using the dunce cap as an example.

I noticed that Thrawn had added the med pack on the first model. I didn't know if he did it in UPaint or not.

The reason I asked, if I'm going to added a gotee or something, I don't want it to just look like a skin pigmentation. I want the facial hair to have some form of it's own. Also, If I want the Brock model to be bald, then I'd have to remove some of the model.

BooGiTyBoY
3rd Jun 2005, 02:38 PM
Removing parts of the model can easily be done in UED with masking. (You will also need a little knowledge of making alpha channels in an image editing program such as Photoshop or painshop pro)
In fact Teh_Rex just posted a tutorial on just how to do this in the skincity forums here:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=1816166#post1816166

Hanover_Fist
3rd Jun 2005, 02:41 PM
I've converted Brock to a wings file. ;)

d/l Wings and install it, I'll e-mail Brock to you (what's your addy?) , you mod it the way you want and we'll try figure this out together.

Renegade Retard
3rd Jun 2005, 02:54 PM
RenRetard@gmail.com

Go ahead and sent it to me. It may be a little while before I can try it, though. We're putting our house on the market (again) and are quite busy with that.

Hanover_Fist
3rd Jun 2005, 03:18 PM
It may be a little while before I can try it, though. We're putting our house on the market (again) and are quite busy with that.

sent. :D

ps. I put a hat on him, I made it a little too high up so you're going to have to learn how to move the hat down. :P