PDA

View Full Version : 1001 ways to know you play too much Unreal

Pages : 1 [2]

Zur
14th May 2004, 05:17 AM
435. You upload a huge 100MB zip file containing all the tracks of the original UT and invite everyone to download it.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=134824

Taleweaver
14th May 2004, 07:09 AM
436. You want to learn UnrealScript but you're doing way too many 'research' ingame (damn, that's me :( )
437. When playing another FPS (to do your friends a favor) you constantly try to dodge and doublejump
438. You want to reincarnate (AKA respawn) as a UT2004 character
439. Someone you don't know honks his car for some reason and you get in
440. You have a monthly 10 GB upload/download limit, but you manage to spend it almost all to Unreal-related stuff
441. You notice your mouse hand shakes while you turn
442. You can keep a regular conversation going while you're playing UT2004
443. The phone rings while you're in a tank...now THAT's a dilemma (solution: switch to the gunner seat before answering the phone)
444. You've bound every single key from your keyboard, and...
445. You know exactly what each key does

NATO_chrisjm
14th May 2004, 07:56 AM
446. You serch real life for it's respawn points.

Taleweaver
15th May 2004, 06:09 AM
447. You notice the difference between 80 and 81 Frames Per Second
448. You download everything if it's Unreal-related...even aimbots
449. You can't tell wether your aimbot is on or off
450. You buy a steering wheel to increase your scorpion skills
451. You can get a flawless victory against Malcolm (without cheating of course)
452. You divide everything you do in either 'UT-related' and 'non-UT-related'
453. You downloaded the UT2004 demo with a 56k-modem
454. You became affraid of spiders
455. On servers, your nick is more famous than the 'Player' nick
456. You think you're getting a good reputation for posting 10 reasons a day :rolleyes:

Bashe
15th May 2004, 10:05 AM
457. Whenever you play a game with a rename function, you always name yourself after bots.

NATO_chrisjm
15th May 2004, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Taleweaver]453. You downloaded the UT2004 demo with a 56k-modem
QUOTE]

Hay, I did that :lol:

atticbat
15th May 2004, 04:26 PM
458. Your children have an interevention by standing behind you and yelling "Slack Monkey!"
459. You ground them for calling you 'Noob, Slaxxors, or Slack Monkey"

460. You make a new avatar based upon your secret pride in the obsession that is Unreal...

http://gzuclan.com/images/SlackMonkey.gif

461. You say "Slack Monkey" but you think "514c|< /\/\0|\||<3y"

captainrad
16th May 2004, 10:22 AM
462. you reply to this thread without looking at anyones posts, cause you really dont care :p

DrahguneyeZ
16th May 2004, 11:13 AM
463. You sometimes think about if you would successfully dodge from one piece furnature to another piece of furnature in your living room.

(the big room levels) :)

464. You re-download the UT2004 Demo just so you can play with friends that dont have the full version.

Taleweaver
16th May 2004, 01:28 PM
453. You downloaded the UT2004 demo with a 56k-modem
Hay, I did that :lol:
Wow... How long did it took you? I remember from my 56k days that it took me at least 45 minutes to download 10 MB, so I figured that it would take about an entire night to download the demo (which gives enough reason for a 'you played too much UT2003')

And some more reasons:
465. On 15 march, you thought about downloading an illegal copy from the game until your retail version arrived on mail ... with a 56k-modem ;)
466. You can talk for hours about UT, even against people who never played it.
467. You replaced all windows sounds and graphics (icons, screensavers, backgrounds, boot screen) with UT ones
468. You ask your doctor for health vials
469. You write an entire walkthrough for onslaught maps, even though no one asked for it (that's me allright; check this:http://users.skynet.be/golden_dragon/UT/UT2k4_walkthrough.html )

hyrulian
16th May 2004, 05:28 PM
467. You replaced all windows sounds and graphics (icons, screensavers, backgrounds, boot screen) with UT ones
I've done them all! :D

Hunter
17th May 2004, 04:58 AM
470. You've replaced your bedroom doors with sliding ones which look at sound just like they do in UT

hyrulian
17th May 2004, 05:06 AM
470. You've replaced your bedroom doors with sliding ones which look at sound just like they do in UT
471. Said bedroom doors malfunction every once in a while, just like the ones in AS-Guardia do.

472. You are afraid to leave your bedroom, because you think someone is out there spamming the flak cannon at your door (think AS-Guardia again).

Taleweaver
17th May 2004, 11:13 AM
I've found another similar thread on the Unrealplayground forums: You might be a UT Junkie if... (http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=5494) (they have some great ones about 'too many mapping' too)

473. You've ever said "Damn, if I had the speed rune, I'd have made that stoplight"...
474. You walk into a large open area and automatically scan for snipers...
475. You start thinking of ways to cut back on bills so you can get a faster connection...
476. Flag poles make you wanna dance..
477. you are driving home from work after several nights of only getting 4 hours of sleep cause you played UT all night. Then you start to see a HUD in the top left corner of your windshield and your hood ornament is like a cross hair.
478. You would pay large sums of money for a working xloc..
479. You think a Strangelove would be the ultimate babe-mobile..
480. You actually know how many hops between you and your favorite servers
481. You spend the better part of your week methodically planning the assimilation of a rival clan. :wink:
482. You've had to replace your mouse twice in the last 3 weeks.
483. You have ever typed the message: 'My eyes are bleeding!'. 8)
484. Your standing in a crowded bar trying to decide if a flak cannon or a rocket launcher would do more damage - or - where would I go if someone shot a redeemer into the front door.
485. Your walking down a long hall at work and you wish you could scope in on the "big guy" at the other end and remove is cranium.
486. You have no friends, except online, and you haven’t talked to your parents in months
487. (For those who get angry) You’re on your 4th mouse and your 11th keyboard
488. Even when your ping is good, it’s still not good enough and there’s still lag
489. Your computer can always be upgraded
490. You change your identity because you don’t want others to “see you playing too much”
491. You think it’s really cool when you find a girl who likes UT too
492. If you’re not playing it, you’re thinking about it or hanging out at places like StealthDP Forums
493. You want to keybind taks at work
494. You want to mow your lawn with the ripper

...and an older one, also from unrealplayground:You know you play too much UT when ... (http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=2422) ...
495. You find it easier to hit "T" and type "bed time" to your nine-year-old than to swivel the chair thirty degrees to tell him in person.
496. Instead of looking at paint samples in Home Depot you can tell your wife that you are looking for something like the blue panel in 'UTTech1' and your kid'll tell you that he was thinking more in the 'Coret' area.
497. (not my original.. but still).. you see a group of people standing at a bus stop and think 'MMMMONSTER KILLILLILLILL"
498. all your ICQ logs have 't' before each line...
499. You wish you had an xloc to get across busy streets...
500. Listening to your in-laws blathering on & on and really wishing you could just GO PLAY UT!
501. Your keyboard is still missing a few keys from your last "slip of the fist"
502. It's been weeks since you've built a new system and UT is still the only app on it
503. your isp is now fully aware of the fact that clients who play UT are "more important"
504. when you play under different aliases to own the top of the stats..
505. when you swap the directional keys from your keyboard with a different one, 'cause you've worn yours all slick and shiny from fragging too much...
506. when you seriously consider returning home early from out of town, just because you're jonesing for a UT fix...
507. when you keep another computer in the same room always showing UT's NgStats page, so you can dash over between maps to check on your stats...
508. When your mouse pad has a worn down area where your wrist lies across!
509. The wife's changing the kid's diaper and your response is... "I've got your back."
510. you hit F9 in real life thinking you can access the picture later (Sorry Walmart Photo Lab, but I have all the pictures I need and I can develop them myself)
511. you know u play too much UT when u make a model of CTF-Face out of a butter dish and a salt and a pepper shaker while waiting for food in a restaurant. <---- lol i really did this one
512. The elevator door opens and you get a powerful urge to lob a few grenades in there, "just in case"
513. You get the urge to translocate across a busy city street, 'cause you couldn't be bothered waiting for the pedestrian walk-sign to change...
514. You have a stomach ache and you start looking for powerups...
515. You value a solid colored flag more than your car
516. After you've stared at someone in the pub for more than 3 seconds you can hear the 'lock on' beep, but only in your own mind...
517. If someone picks up both of the spare photocopier toners at work you call them a 'lamer' and an 'ammo whore'...
518. Standing in an elevator, if it doesn't move immediately, you jump up and down until it does...
519. Your friend cheerfully informs you he's getting married in a couple of months and you reply, "Engage according to operational parameters."
520. You think your pen has some kind of "secondary mode"
521. You go to your ADSL provider and request for "ASMD service"
522. You sign your checks with your user name instead of your real name.
523. You blame the line up at the bank on bad bot support.
524. Screen shots from your games start appearing in your family photo album.
525. You start showing symptoms of shell shock from your online games.
526. The power goes out in the house while your having the best game of your life, and you start to cry (creeper relates)
527. You accuse the paperboy of using an aimbot because he keeps throwing your paper in the same bushes.
528. You close your eyes at night to sleep and can still see the game playing.
529. You think any of the above is funny, But your wife does not.
530. you know you play to much UT when your in a game then you think you Blink your eyes for a sec. and when you open them your dead and in a totally different game and an hour has passed.. lol
531. when you order pizza and when you see the car drive up you yell "INCOMING!!" and try to get headshots with the paper plates.
532. you come home from work one day to discover that your in-laws have dropped by for dinner and think to yourself, "Base is Uncovered!".
533. you keep coming up with lame excuses why you need to upgrade the computer...when everyone knows the real reason
534. you save the Big Gulp cups because when you talk into them, your voice sounds more like a Boss
535. someone else downloads the UT demo on the computers at work, and you get blamed for it
536. every time you go to the computer store, you find yourself in the mouse section testing each one for that Feel-o-Frag, because you sense that your new mouse is already showing signs of wear
537. you have a box full of old mice that the left, I mean primary fire button doesnt work anymore
538. you wind up getting a degree in Nvidialogy just so you can squeek out 3 extra FPS in UT
539. it's the middle of Summer and you still dont have a tan
540. your list of friends is much smaller than your list of UT buddies
541. everybody knows better than to bother you when your playing UT
542. when you refer to a particular UT game as a good memory
543. you book a romantic vacation with your girlfriend and when they ask you what type of room you want, your answer is ...one with ADSL
544. When you walk to the kitchen every 30 seconds looking to find the SB in the sink-hole.
545. When you're walking across a bridge you have to resist the urge to jump into the river to get the redeemer.
546. To get to that box on top of that 10 ft. wall, you search around the empty crates to find jump-boots instead of using a ladder.
547. when You look for your RL when someone's is spilling some coffee on you.
548. when you can't find the damn thing you start &@@#$ing at the mouse wheel for beeing broke.
549. when you start thinking why the national flag isn't blue, or at least red
550. when you start looking on the internet where you can sign in to become a ' future gladiator'
551. You wait til your girlfriend falls asleep and then sneak out of bed and turn the volume off on your speakers...or at least wish you had the balls to do it.
552. When watching a western shoot out, the good guy shoots the bad; oh no, you think, watch out for the relic of vengeance!
553. You know when you play too much UT when you start to think how reallife ppl will react when they are telefragged...
554. No!... You Play too much UT when you tell your boss at work "Die Bitch" and "Get our Flag Back" and then you do a pelvis thrust on her. (My Boss is a she)

I think we all had nr. 500 at one time or another ;)
And finally some that seemed to appear in an old thread at NC (haven't found this one...yet)
555. when you try to walk through paper
556. when school/work ends, you freeze in mid air and start doing pelvic thrusts
557. when you run at 45 degrees to the way you want to go and repeatidly jump to the side
558. when you refuse to go somewhere because it doesn't have any z-axis

B
17th May 2004, 11:14 AM
559. You oversleep and show up late for work again. (I just wanted to finish that one map (torlan) last night...not my fault it almost lasted an hour.)

Renegade Retard
17th May 2004, 11:18 AM
560. You take the time to post almost 100 reasons yourself....in one post.

Taleweaver
17th May 2004, 05:27 PM
560. You take the time to post almost 100 reasons yourself....in one post.
Hey, for some reason I think you're referring to me :D
I didn't made those reasons; I simply copied the ones who weren't shown (or couldn't remember reading) and added the number in front. So it wasn't 'my' post but of a whole lot of people, who (hopefully) don't mind that their idea's are used here.
But here are some idea's I thought up myself:
561. You look down on people who think UT2004 is 'just' a game
562. You ask your doctor if he can provide you some med packs
563. To you, a field trip means playing a level you haven't played before
564. When playing pool, you pray for a crosshair (this happened to me :) )
565. Even though you're drunk, stoned and tired you start playing UT... and play better than most other people on the server (this is me too :o remind me never to reveal my real name around here ;) )

captainrad
17th May 2004, 06:07 PM
566. im watching the simpsons

DigitalPixie
18th May 2004, 03:32 AM
567. When you admin on at least 3 servers. :D

Taleweaver
18th May 2004, 07:19 AM
566. im watching the simpsons
Do you mind explaining how that has anything to do with playing too much UT?
Anyway:
568. People who squint just have a better FOV than you
569. You build a shrine for your UT DVD's/CD's
570. You read Sun Tzu's 'The art of war' to improve your onslaught skills
571. If you see a helicopter you think 'no team triangle! Where's my AVRiL?'
572. (Philosophy) you wonder what the objective of life is; is it Free For All or do you have to work in a team? And what actions would give you personal points?

captainrad
18th May 2004, 08:16 AM
Do you mind explaining how that has anything to do with playing too much UT?
your just a robot! the kind that dont have emotions you should know, i mean your're a robot afterall! :con:

sorry.. ;)

Taleweaver
18th May 2004, 10:44 AM
your just a robot! the kind that dont have emotions you should know, i mean your're a robot afterall! :con:

sorry.. ;)
Man, you're making less sence with every post. To my knowledge, humor is an emotion. A 'robot' would simply play the game over and over, never even realising how pathetic that is. But here, we have dozens of people who use their imagination to come up with something funny that combines the real life with UT :) .
That's why I post my things, and that's why I want to know why you send in that 'im watching the simpsons' reason. No offense, but why do you reply if you don't care about the subject? :hmm:

Sir_Brizz
18th May 2004, 11:06 AM
I think the Simpsons has everything to do with playing too much Unreal. Of course, it's "You turn on the Simpsons only to turn back to UT."

:lol:

Taleweaver
19th May 2004, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I guess it does
573. Your computer chair has a groove in the shape of your ass (saw something like that in The Simpsons)
574. When you look at your keyboard hand, there's a mark from the braille line (Yes, it's a line over here too ;) )
575. For some reason, you're not afraid to die...
576. Your user.ini has a 'setname ˙That_˙was | Say A ˙Good_˙€@Game | Onrelease Setname Golden_Dragon' line in it
577. You copy-paste this line to see how it looks

Mulch_D
19th May 2004, 08:05 AM
578. you long to copy and paste the line in taleweaver's post, but you know how it will work and it won't work because it's missing some characters ;)

Taleweaver
19th May 2004, 08:28 AM
578. you long to copy and paste the line in taleweaver's post, but you know how it will work and it won't work because it's missing some characters ;)
No it doesn't... oh, wait, of course: you must paste that command at an unused button. So the line becomes (without the quotes)
'U=setname ˙That_˙was | Say A ˙Good_˙€@Game | Onrelease Setname Golden_Dragon'
Of course, the 'U' is just an example; you can use any other button for that. And change that 'Golden_Dragon' to your regular nick, please (Golden_Dragon is my nick ingame...but it was already taken when I registered here)

Mulch_D
19th May 2004, 08:33 AM
no it would be 'set input key setname ˙That_˙was | Say A ˙Good_˙€@Game | Onrelease Setname Player name'
But I was talking about the 's which didn't show up in Mozilla (my default browser), I had to open IE to see them, my bad.

ws6fire
19th May 2004, 08:40 AM
no it would be 'set input key setname ˙That_˙was | Say A ˙Good_˙€@Game | Onrelease Setname Player name'
But I was talking about the 's which didn't show up in Mozilla (my default browser), I had to open IE to see them, my bad.

I see them in Mozilla Firefox just fine ;)

Mulch_D
19th May 2004, 08:56 AM
That 1 that I put in my last message (the one followed by the 's) is the only one I see and I know firefox is good and all but I'm waiting 'till it's version 1.0.

captainrad
19th May 2004, 10:29 AM
Man, you're making less sence with every post. To my knowledge, humor is an emotion. A 'robot' would simply play the game over and over, never even realising how pathetic that is. But here, we have dozens of people who use their imagination to come up with something funny that combines the real life with UT :) .
That's why I post my things, and that's why I want to know why you send in that 'im watching the simpsons' reason. No offense, but why do you reply if you don't care about the subject? :hmm:
im totally just messing with you dude, that thing about your being a robot was joke..

Taleweaver
20th May 2004, 10:21 AM
im totally just messing with you dude, that thing about your being a robot was joke..
Roger that...Engage according to operational parameters ;-)
Anyway, let's move on:
579. You check the CBP site (http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/) right after midnight 20 may, so you can download the pack right away
580. After you found out that the world is divided in different time zones, you post your frustration on forums like this one (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=376974&perpage=30&pagenumber=19)
581. You think dying isn't that bad...
582. When driving your car, you suddenly hear the 'missile lock' beep
583. Hello, police? Somebody just stole my flag! Yes, a flag... He was blue and he taunted me off while he took it. I saw it with my own eyes! Hello? Helloo?

Taleweaver
21st May 2004, 08:36 AM
584. You start building a 'deemer
585. You hold an umbrella in front of you, thinking it's a shield
586. the sound of a hair dryer makes you scout around for incoming manta's
587. A minute after you've arrived on a full pub, you know which are the good players and who can barely shoot
588. You've bought all different editions of UT2004

yo mudda
21st May 2004, 09:27 AM
589.you current computer struggles to play ut 2k4 so you think the best solution is to fork out 500 on a new one.
(the pound sign on my keybored has done a runna :lol: so ill add it when i find it)

Sir_Brizz
21st May 2004, 10:27 AM
588. You've bought all different editions of UT2004

I have two SEs one CD and one DVD editions.

DrahguneyeZ
21st May 2004, 05:23 PM
may i ask why? dont you only need one :p

pikach00
21st May 2004, 05:33 PM
590. you realize that there's a similar thread on INA
591. you posted in there :D

Chicula
22nd May 2004, 11:39 AM
592. You make a cafepress shop with your own designs to express your addiction, for example... SlackMonkey (http://www.cafeshops.com/slackmonkey) .... gotta get the man a Frag Journal.. lol

593. You really wish you had enough money to make your own license plate frame with your own nick on it..

DrahguneyeZ
22nd May 2004, 11:41 AM

pikach00
22nd May 2004, 11:53 AM
593. you have 5 different unreal-forum-pages open and post in all of them at the same time (like me atm - forums.beyondunreal.com , forum.ingame.de/unreal , www.ina-community.com/forums , www.ut-2004.at , www.planetunreal.com :D )

captainrad
22nd May 2004, 04:10 PM
594. i really hate this thread.

Taleweaver
22nd May 2004, 04:24 PM
594. i really hate this thread.
Hey captain; who's forcing you to read this thread? ;)

594. Volleybal is nothing more than throwing flak grenades at your teammates or aiming rockets at your opponents' feet <---this one might be hard to understand, but if you play volleybal (like me), you know aiming the ball is exactly like this
595. You suddenly realise your HUD is missing...when you're walking on the street
596. You install jump pads in your house
597. You suddenly realise how many models and skins there are
598. You time how fast you can translo-climb CTF-Face's tower

captainrad
22nd May 2004, 04:37 PM
Hey captain; who's forcing you to read this thread? ;)
my user cp... :/ heh never really thought about unsubscribing to it.. thanks. :D

ps i dont mean to sound negitive, im really just playing around.

Hunter
22nd May 2004, 05:08 PM
599. you so pleased to see Unreal1 on the shelves you buy it right there and then to complete your collection.

atticbat
23rd May 2004, 02:04 AM
600. You know you play too much unreal when you buy an XBOX just to play Unreal Championship...

*sigh*

Mulch_D
23rd May 2004, 02:10 AM
601. When you get an e-mail saying their has been a repy to "1001 ways to know you play too much Unreal" only to read that it is someone making a sigle number post on number 600, and you become quite anoyed at yourself for missing the oportunity to post "600. You get exited about being the person to post the 600th reson".

Taleweaver
23rd May 2004, 04:47 PM
602. You spend your holiday in ons-Whitesands][ or ons-Tropica
603. You consider buying a laptop to play UT on your holiday
604. You take your UT discs...just in case
605. You keep a diary
Day 3: Oh God I miss UT. The nature is just so boring... (another one borrowed from The Simpsons ;) )
606. Can someone send me a carrier-pigeon with the daily news of beyondunreal and planetunreal? I'm on a sailing boat somewhere in the ijsselmeer in the Netherlands.

Yep, the Golden_Dragon (or Taleweaver, as I'm called around here) is going to try surviving without a computer untill next friday. Wish me luck :)

hyrulian
23rd May 2004, 05:21 PM
Good luck with that. :p

Hunter
24th May 2004, 04:39 AM
607. Your quick launch has icons to all the Unreal games you own, all the unreal web sites and you have to double it up to fit everything.

Sir_Brizz
24th May 2004, 11:14 AM
may i ask why? dont you only need one :p
No. :) I have one unopened SE and I let TWD borrow one of my other copies until his mission in July.

KaiSeun
24th May 2004, 03:11 PM
608: To save on materials, you build your dream home in UnrealEd

Psychosavant
25th May 2004, 11:03 AM
609. While at a restraunt you overhear someone talking and with widened eyes you yell "Wicked Sick! L@nd$lider78 is that you?!" and it actually is.
610. You don't recognize him because he was talking about UT but rather because of the sound of his voice.
611. You don't recognize him because of 609 or 610, but rather because of his speech patterns.
612. You don't recognize him because of 609, 610, or 611, but rather because you just know that aura.
613. You know and have on your hard drive all the variations of Deck16.
614. You know the layout of every last one of them.
615. You realize that isn't that hard because every last one of them ARE EXACTLY THE FRIGGIN SAME!
616. Even though you hate them all you still have them simply for the reason that they have a .unr or .ut2 extension.
617. You're desktop looks like this:
http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v221/psychosavant/mydesktop_copy.jpg

For those of you who are otherwise unaware, the sixth icon in my games quickbar is ShadowBane (a terrible game that has nothing to do with Unreal).
The sixth bar in my editors quicklaunch is the XIII editor. (A decent game, but the unreal engine which is what matters most) :)

captainrad
25th May 2004, 12:29 PM
609. While at a restraunt you overhear someone talking and with widened eyes you yell "Wicked Sick! L@nd$lider78 is that you?!" and it actually is.

:lol: did something like that really happen?

Dark_Dust
26th May 2004, 03:55 PM
153 (also true for me) you give UT its own hard drive separate from other stuff on your computer

Oh boy.. how lucky.. thought i was the only idiot doing this.. :p
http://home.planet.nl/~the_undertaker/images/UTOverview.jpg
..and even more than 7 Gig ;)

618. When you start talking to yourself because you believe that you are live chatting with your friends.
619. Your steering wheel in yer car has changed into a keyboard and WASD is set up for driving.
620. At the gas station, pressing R will refill your gas.
621. When all pedestians wear red and blue clothes
622. When you see a flag on a building you start yelling "SOMEBODY GET OUR FLAG BACK"
623. You have established a flag base in your house and camp around the main door with your daddy's gun. Once your parents come home and enter through the door, you start to scream; ENEMY SPOTTED and managed to get 2 headshots then yells; DIE BITCH, NEXT!!
624. You keep camping the flagbase, once you hear your little brother walking up the stairs you'll start to load up 6 rockets, when he enters you fire them right in his face and yells; ANYONE ELSE WANT SOME?
625. When you put a dream catcher machine on yer head to record all your sweet unreal dreams.
626. 624; Hey sweet dreamer.. wake up.. UT is loaded and well, waiting for you.
627. When someone greets you, you reply; "I am the Alpha and the Omega"

:D

neilthecellist
27th May 2004, 10:56 AM
628. When you play Onslaught and accidently use the Redeemer to help-link your power nodes instead of the link gun!

Bashe
28th May 2004, 09:39 AM
629. You FINALLY take out the play disc to listen to Green Day, even though you haven't needed the play disc in a long time (at least 2 weeks).

I'm doing this right now.

Taleweaver
29th May 2004, 06:24 AM
630. While you're on a lake, you think: what a lovely view...but not a single soul to frag
631. You find it weird that wide views doesn't give you lower FPS in real life
632. You see a completely blue sky and think: what a boring skybox
633. When you see another boat ahead of you, you shout 'incoming opponent at 12 o' clock!' (it happened to me :o )
634. You get some kind of energy boost at times you usually play UT

635. You want a remake of DM-KGalleon
636. You check the horizon to see if projectiles are going to hit you
637. You're going tack whenever you're dodgejumping to the side
638. You build a sailing ship model. Then you complain to Epic that it can't move
639. You walk lopsided through the levels
...oops. This isn't the '1001 signs you know you sailed too much when playing UT' thread. My mistake ;)

635. You go searching for DM-CBP2-Griffin (Hindeloopen, the Netherlands comes close :lol: )
636. You call home to check the status of your computer
637. You misread names as UT look alikes (I misread 'Nadia, Makkum' as 'NVidia, Malcolm')
638. When it's raining while the sun shines, you want to report a level bug
639. If you're in a traffic jam, you want to exit your vehicle and take your AVRiL to start blasting things...then you realise you forgot to pick up the weapon locker at the beginning of the trip
640. The first thing you do when you get home is to download jailbreak, check all the news and all new forum posts

Zur
29th May 2004, 06:38 AM
641. You try desparately to find out if this drink exists :D .

Bashe
29th May 2004, 07:16 PM
642. Most of the drawings in your notebook are centered around UT.

My third notebook in my collection is like this. :p

KingMango
29th May 2004, 08:22 PM
643. you wonder how come:
set input O TakeOutTrash|GetWeapon LawnMower|OnRelease MowLawn
doesn't work.

Psycho_Leech
30th May 2004, 01:28 PM
644. If you have a dream where you drown, your view flashes blue and your health goes down, displayed in the top of the corner. Also, when you wake up, you can recognise which map it was in your dream.

645. In a later dream, you crash a strangelove during a ctf match and kill yourself, and then respawn.

646. Or in another dream, you get killed, and have to restart the level.

DaVuLf
30th May 2004, 01:32 PM
647. You wonder why you can't find any health vials lying around.

BAS2311
30th May 2004, 01:53 PM
648. You post a picture like this and every knows exactly where you are and on what map
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78313&stc=1

yo mudda
30th May 2004, 01:55 PM
I think thats CTF-Face outside the red base :)

BAS2311
30th May 2004, 02:03 PM
649. Some one manages to post the (correct) answer within 2 mins.

Taleweaver
30th May 2004, 04:03 PM
648. You post a picture like this and every knows exactly where you are and on what map

:lol: Just a wall, but we all know where it is.
Very good one :tup:

650. You want to steer your car in 3rd view
651. You add wheels to your toilet to make it look like the infamous toilet vehicle
652. Whenever you have to go practice for your driving exams, you hop in a scorpion
653. To you, 2 weeks is the same as an eternity
654. For some reason, you became a fan of Lavigne :rolleyes: (this one is lame, but... I couldn't resist)

NeoNite
30th May 2004, 06:23 PM
655. Your ut folder has 31.000 files.. 99% are ut related; The other .. well ;Op

Zur
30th May 2004, 06:34 PM
656. You find this picture hilarious while people who've never played Ut find it disturbing.

Zur
30th May 2004, 06:38 PM
657. One day you wanted to find out what 999 rockets looks like.

Dark_Dust
30th May 2004, 09:21 PM
658. When you super glued your cd-rom shut since the unreal 1 days and forgot that epic released new unreal games...
659. when you want to install a personal ion cannon on the back of your truck to blast a way through traffic jams.

Mulch_D
31st May 2004, 07:21 AM
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78324
What the hell is that Deinonychus (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=models&action=show_infos&id=372) doing eating those highly evolved Junkyard Mechs (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=models&action=show_infos&id=370) on DM-Phobos?
660. You see UT(200#) midles when you look at pictues
661. You know the map (sort of done befor, but it's a different map befor)
662. You find it shocking that somone might not know this stuff.

Bashe
31st May 2004, 12:29 PM
663. You wonder why everything in the real world looks so great without a performance cost.
664. You go to gun stores and request Flak Cannons and other guns that probably don't exsist.
665. Just because a kid has on the same color shirt as you and has a Link Gun, you try to link up with him with your Link Gun and kill kim.
666. (Hey! Post 666 :p) You think if you shoot someone in the head with your BB gun or pellet gun that their head will come off.

Exus Tecius
31st May 2004, 12:46 PM
:eek:
OMG! G-sus
..and i thought i was mad :D
god bless us all :lol:

667. you hate every1 who looks like gordon freeman

l33tnoob
31st May 2004, 01:05 PM
668. When driving in the car your afraid you will get the missle lock warning.

KenjiE20
31st May 2004, 04:28 PM
669. You hear the missile lock sound in your head and bail out, while your passengers look at you oddly, (Then scream :p )

hyrulian
31st May 2004, 04:33 PM
669. You hear the missile lock sound in your head and bail out, while your passengers look at you oddly, (Then scream :p )
If I ever end up riding in a car with one of my friends who plays UT2k4 behind the wheel, I'll play back a recording of that "Missle Lock Warning" buzz and see how he reacts. :lol:

wildfrogman
31st May 2004, 04:59 PM
670: You worry that your friends will play a recording of the "Missle Lock Warning" while you are driving as a prank. :lol:

Mulch_D
31st May 2004, 05:29 PM
671. Your not worryed that a friend may play a recording of the "Missle Lock Warning" while you are driving as a prank because you can easily tell the diference between a recording and the real thing.

Taleweaver
31st May 2004, 06:16 PM
672. You instantly order that friend to use the turret to blast that annoying missile out of the sky
673. You drive your car in the ditch to prevent the missile from hitting you
674. You check the health of your car, to know wether you'll survive the hit
...and some reasons that don't involve funny friends
675. You actually can score a frag against Fatal1ty
676. When the waitress asks if you've decided yet, you answer (with a grin): PANCAKE! :D

_Dark_Rusty_
1st Jun 2004, 01:50 AM
677.this is your avartar-
http://forums.unrealplayground.com/image.php?u=1709&dateline=1085284870
(evil_blue_dudes avartar from unreal playground)
678. you change your name to your game name, & will only answer to your game name.
679. your knowledge of car names does not include Ferrari
680. your reply to 679 is "WTF is a Ferrari?"
681. if you had it your way ther wouldn't be a neeed for the unreal seriers *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Taleweaver
1st Jun 2004, 08:06 AM
681. if you had it your way ther wouldn't be a neeed for the unreal seriers *wink wink, nudge nudge*
:confused: Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't this one be "...there would be a need for the unreal series"
(and over here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a genuine scorpion 2004, proudly made by the Liandri corporation. The mounted bola gun is a perfect match for keeping other vehicles at bay, and nothing can draw pedestrians' attention like those 2 razorsharp blades on the side)

Anyway...
682. http://users.skynet.be/golden_dragon/font.jpg
683. When you look in the mirror, you expect to see see your ingame character
684. You know buddies in every timezone, 'cause you play all the time
685. You spend an entire day to find all the easter eggs in the CBP by yourself
686. (UT99) You complain that you can't include more than 250 mutators in one game (check this out: http://www.planetunreal.com/mutation/ )

neilthecellist
1st Jun 2004, 11:07 AM
687. Your math teacher asks you one day, "What is the quadratic formula?"

You answer, "Negative Malcolm plus minus the squareroot of Malcolm squared minus 4 (Malcolm) (Xan Kriegor) all over 2 Malcolm."

Taleweaver
3rd Jun 2004, 09:45 AM
688. You're in the zone ...and you can't get out
689. You build a shrine for your UT discs
690. You can't sleep before playing UT at least a half hour
691. You're watching TV...some prison scene...and suddenly you check who has their shield gun loaded
692. Just the sight of someone playing UT99 on a crappy computer without 3D card makes you depressed (this one's real. I just can't understand how he can even enjoy the game :( )

BeMyMonkey
3rd Jun 2004, 09:54 AM
687. Your math teacher asks you one day, "What is the quadratic formula?"

You answer, "Negative Malcolm plus minus the squareroot of Malcolm squared minus 4 (Malcolm) (Xan Kriegor) all over 2 Malcolm."

you got your formula wrong...

how about "Negative Malcolm plus minus the squareroot of Malcolm squared minus 4 (Dominator) (Xan Kriegor) all over 2 Dominator"

:D... nice idea hahahah

neilthecellist
3rd Jun 2004, 10:47 AM
693. You turn in your history homework. One of the questions asked, "What happened during the Civil War?"

You answer, "During the Civil War, a mercenary named Malcolm went around gathering rebels to fight the unknown Skaarj Aliens. Malcolm, although collecting many rebels to fight, was the only one to survive when he assaulted the Skaarj Mothership. Returning to Earth, he worked for many corperations in sabotaging other factions or gang groups.

"In later years, he invented the ASMD shock rifle for a lab in Old Kamchatka, but feeling so overwhelmed with the powerful ness of the gun, he went around the world making silent hits. No one knew it was him until 5 years later, but since Malcolm had already joined the Unreal Tournament then, he was not required to show up in court.

"In conclusion, Malcolm was a very good Civil War soldier. He committed many crimes and got away with it all!..."

NeoNite
3rd Jun 2004, 11:00 AM
694. All you can say is UT (or ut2K4, or Unreal).

Those are the only remaining words in your vocabulary.

neilthecellist
3rd Jun 2004, 11:07 AM
is this thread even going to go up to 1001?

TWD
3rd Jun 2004, 11:12 AM
You start making up silly ways to know you play too much Unreal because you've run out of good ones. :p

Taleweaver
4th Jun 2004, 05:53 AM
We're getting there...I hope :hmm:
695. You feel it in your stomach when you fall from a high place (original source: here (http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=22720) )
696. You try to turn on a light switch by standing next to it
697. You need your daily dose of UT to function normally
698. You enroll in a BR clinic (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=136683), even though you're already good at BR (it can't hurt to see what they have to offer)
699. You can type messages like 'redeemer to 2' or 'go get their 1' while you're steering a redeemer or linking up a node (now is this a skill or what? :D )
...and I can't resist to put in number 700 :rockon:
700. Everything can be postponed but the tournament

C'mon everyone. If we can get to 700, we can reach 1001. :cheers:

KenjiE20
4th Jun 2004, 07:30 AM
I think that's a given, the question is, will we stop at 1001?

OT: ChaosUT2 for UT2K4 is out June 5th i.e. 2moro :2thumb: :notworthy: :crazydance: :rockon: as you can tell i'm just a little psyched

701: You jump a large gap in real life and forget you dont have a grappling hook.
702: You think Proxy mines are so cool you want to build one
703: You actually do
704: It talks using the same voice as the CUT one.
705: It chases after people

NeoNite
4th Jun 2004, 10:43 AM
706. You think TWD is actually the dragon they were going to use in Unreal, but you're glad/relieved they used their common sense and didn't.

KenjiE20
4th Jun 2004, 11:53 AM
707: You're bored, you don't feel like playing 2k4 (its rare but it does happen, usually when the wrists are strained :p ) so you check out the forum, and are frustrated by there only being one new post to read here.

Mr.Sizzle
4th Jun 2004, 06:09 PM
10. You try and rebuild your own room in UED <<< Hahahahah Hunter now thats funny... Hmmm i bet you Ł1000000 that some1 has :lol:

hyrulian
4th Jun 2004, 08:08 PM
Oh, it has been done, for sure.

There was a UT CTF map someone made where each base was supposedly a reproduction of the author's home and backyard. Unfortunately, I forgot what it was called, and have lost it from my hard drive a while ago...

Taleweaver
5th Jun 2004, 01:02 PM
702: You think Proxy mines are so cool you want to build one
703: You actually do

You mean...like this?
http://users.skynet.be/golden_dragon/flaky.jpg
(found the picture here (http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=5494&page=2&pp=15) )

708. You decorate your walls with metal plates and pipes, so it looks more like an Unreal level
709. You get owned in table soccer and you blame it on the fact that there aren't any weapons on the playing field
710. The only time you quit UT is when you get a GPF
711. When you die, you want to be buried with your computer, and...
712. ...Your tombstone would contain one of these messages:
-man down!
-He defended the nodes too long
-You just can't dodge a redeemer blast
-Golden_Dragon had an aneurysm

Mr.Sizzle
5th Jun 2004, 05:13 PM
lol dragon he he :lol:

See Hyrulian i knew sum1 wud have done that , thats why i bet so much money they would have lol :p

erm...

713. If it aint a sunny day, you go on ONS-Torlan and expect to get a good tan...

KenjiE20
5th Jun 2004, 06:48 PM
w00 I want one, but does it talk, that would be cool
714: you get "When I die, I wanna respawn" on all clothing you can think of (planning on doing this)

NeoNite
5th Jun 2004, 07:33 PM
Oh, it has been done, for sure.

There was a UT CTF map someone made where each base was supposedly a reproduction of the author's home and backyard. Unfortunately, I forgot what it was called, and have lost it from my hard drive a while ago...

I think it's ctf-bedrooms][...

Not sure, I'll check anyway I have the map installed.. in one of the three Ut installs.

There's also an airfight map which features a.. BEDROOM.

Clap clap clap clap.

It's quite big really.

Taleweaver
6th Jun 2004, 01:40 PM
Just saw the last part part of 'Saving private Ryan'. Does anyone else has thoughts like these :o ? ...
715. When the soldiers are facing superior powers, you think 'Could someone PLEASE switch teams?'
716. When the tank passes through the streets, the allies should have jumped on top of it and flakked it down
717. You miss the 'missile lock' beep when they shoot the tank with a bazooka
718. When someone is out of ammo, you think 'You should have retreated to the weapon locker'
719. If one soldier kills 3 other, 'Multi Kill' comes to your mind

Zur
6th Jun 2004, 07:41 PM
720. You attempt to change your name on IRC using /name.
721. When your car starts breaking down, you get the urge to fix it using a link gun.
722. After a few pints of some potent brew, you are convinced that you are experiencing serious lag and even packet loss while walking in the street.
723. After a huge party, you wish you had a supershockrifle to gib all the rubbish on the floor to save yourself getting told off by your parents when they come back.

hyrulian
6th Jun 2004, 11:23 PM
724. You wish you had a TC-1200, so you don't have to worry about sudden bouts of diarrhea when you're on the go. :Poop:

_Dark_Rusty_
7th Jun 2004, 01:31 AM

I got dibs on 1001! :)

Mulch_D
7th Jun 2004, 01:55 AM
'Sif, I created the origanal thread (back befor the forum crash) the 1001th should be mine, all mine I tell you. *breacks into manic laughing*

*Stops*

Okay, I'm good now.

neilthecellist
7th Jun 2004, 10:36 AM
725. You're supposed to draw your boy/girl friend a picture of a wonderful scene of nature. Somehow, you become stupid and draw a very good well thought out picture of DM-Albatross. It's still a wonderful scene of nature, isn't it? If only you didn't draw a picture of Cyclops gunning down Malcolm with the Flak Cannon near the Link gun area.

726. Your boy/girl friend dumps you. You get so pissed off that when you play UT, you deliberately aim for your opposite sex in anger.

727. You take this HTML page and change it to your desktop background so you can be updated on the 1001 ways of knowing you play too much UT.

Taleweaver
7th Jun 2004, 02:12 PM
720. You attempt to change your name on IRC using /name.
721. When your car starts breaking down, you get the urge to fix it using a link gun.
Hey; I've already covered this one @ 349 (you want your car repaired, so you tell the technicians 'just link it back to full health')
UPDATE: And it seems I'm not the first one either. FLuTe_ is the first on 235 (when you total your car and try to heal it with the link gun)
722. After a few pints of some potent brew, you are convinced that you are experiencing serious lag and even packet loss while walking in the street.
I thought of this one too...but forgot about it when I got sober... eeehm, when I had the chance to post it :rolleyes:
This is getting scary. Better post these ones, before you do ;)
728. You think you can jump higher if you wear boots
729. You make a model that looks just like you
730. Your curriculum vitae contains following languages: Dutch, English, 13375P3@I<, basic French
731. When you arrive too late on your job, you tell your boss it's because someone walked on the translocator you left in your office last night
732. When your boss tells you there's no such thing as a translocator, you tell him "Yeah, that's because you only play deathmatch"

Sir_Brizz
7th Jun 2004, 02:35 PM
'Sif, I created the origanal thread (back befor the forum crash) the 1001th should be mine, all mine I tell you. *breacks into manic laughing*

*Stops*

Okay, I'm good now.
...ummm as I recall that was SpineBlaze...

KenjiE20
7th Jun 2004, 02:41 PM
733: You start fighting over ownership of No 1001 in '1001 ways to know you play too much Unreal'

Mulch_D
7th Jun 2004, 05:29 PM
...ummm as I recall that was SpineBlaze...
I started one and it got about 200 reasons most of the early ones in this thread are based on them. Inspired by a thread I read in the starcraft forums called "1001 Ways Too Tell If Your Too Into Starcraft! (http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=624&page=1)" (it's name's been changed since), I'de seen alot of these for different games, but none for my favorite UT so I created one.

Sir_Brizz
7th Jun 2004, 06:17 PM
It doesn't matter to me, I started this thread (obviously) but I could have sworn SpineBlaze started the one before the crash.

JonAzz
7th Jun 2004, 07:00 PM
734: you wonder how many polygons are in animated movies

745: you drive around beeping the horn of you car hoping teammates (or other people) will hope in on your way to school :D

746: you start yelling 'own3d' at people when they get turned down or lose,
I do that all the time in school :P

Taleweaver
8th Jun 2004, 03:13 PM
Eh...how are you guys going to prevent others from posting the 1'001th reason? ;)

737. You try to kick vote people you don't like in real life (no offence JonAzz, but I just don't like those clowns who yell 'Own3d' at the end of a match if both teams made a good fight...especially if their personal score is somewhere at the bottom :mad: )
738. In a heat-wave, you go cool off in DM-Icetomb or ONS-Frostbite
739. When you stop playing UT after some hours, you notice that somewhere in that time a muquito has bitten you (<-really happened to me; I didn't noticed a thing untill afterwards)
740. You build a custom model that looks exactly like you
741. You have downloaded every MOD and mutator from the Make Something Unreal Contest (I'm getting there...someday :D )

SkaarjMaster
8th Jun 2004, 10:30 PM
742. You try to remember all the cool things you said in the lost thread of same title, but can't so just decide to post this as number 742 :biggrin2:

neilthecellist
9th Jun 2004, 10:44 AM
743. You cancel your free three months of cable TV. Suddenly, when you're watching TV with the antenna, and the images look fuzzy and blurry, you suddenly want to enable to FPS counter by hooking up your keyboard to your TV, pressing the console key and typing in "FPS STAT" before realizing that your keyboard can't be plugged into a TV.

744. you're so good with the Shield Gun that you don't need any of the other weapons. (TRUE WITH ME! [In human bots])

745. Before you play a map that includes the Mine Layer, you find a piece of paper and sketch out your attack routes like a real squad team, including where to place land mines, such as on roofs and the sides of a corridors, rather than the floor, (like stupid N00Bs.)

746. You use a piece of paper to sketch out a attack plan for ALL the maps that you play on.

Taleweaver
9th Jun 2004, 11:47 AM
746. You use a piece of paper to sketch out a attack plan for ALL the maps that you play on.

Cogratulations neil; you're on to me (http://users.skynet.be/golden_dragon/UT/UT2k4_walkthrough.html) (even though it isn't a piece of paper) :rolleyes: :hmm: :lol:
747. You use your microphone to order everyone around
(allright, crew. Let's do this! You two, share that manta to get to 5; from there on the manta immediately continues to 2 and picks up the 'deemer. Hey, you in the raptor. Get to 3, you N00B! Deny them that point until manta boy destroys their 4. All others: we're defending 5). Sometimes I'm fighting the urge to actually do this on Severance :rolleyes:
748. You shout 'Gee Gee!' in the micropone at the end of a match (actually a n00b story, but also a good sign he played way too much)
749. In the shower, you whistle a UT tune
750. You install an additional keyboard so you can use more keybinds
751. You use one of these (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=379101) bumper stickers

hyrulian
9th Jun 2004, 04:52 PM
749. In the shower, you whistle a UT tune
752. You sing along to your UT music playing in your car, loud enough for people outside to hear you. :o

neilthecellist
10th Jun 2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks Hyrulian Hero .

753. For your wedding, you play the music for DM-Tokara Forest. (Can't think of the name for that song, can anyone tell me?)

754. Whenever you watch Survivor, you immediatly think of Atlantis.ogg.

755. You extract all the OGG files from your music directory, convert them to CDA format and listen to it all day in your car.

756. You play too much UT too much in front of your friends that they start developing strategies in a multiplayer to kill you in the most "stress rag doll" stress testing. (This is true with my friends, they tried to kill me with 3 human players and 2 godlike bots against the other team,...me!)

757. You go to class and accidentaly write down your UT name, the date, and class period at the top left/right hand corner.. (Me, I accidently wrote Xan Kriegor...SERIOUSLY! LOL)

758. When you miss a LAN party on a Saturday, you feel so depressesd that you start a Masterful Assault game with 32 players.

Taleweaver
10th Jun 2004, 01:49 PM
757. You go to class and accidentaly write down your UT name, the date, and class period at the top left/right hand corner.. (Me, I accidently wrote Xan Kriegor...SERIOUSLY! LOL)
:lol: ...and you know your teacher plays too much UT when...
-He pops up a shield gun as you give him that paper
-He wants your signature as well
-He can't figure out why your model is 'messed up'
-He starts teaching about the fine art of Deathmatch
-He comes to school in a scorpion
I just couldn't resist :D

Anyway: the music music for DM-TokaraForest is simply 'level8'. To find the music on any level: open UnrealEditor; open level; View-Level properties-Audio-Song.

759. Within 2 seconds, you recognize the music from CBP2-Tropica (Velora's temple, from Unreal1 :tup: )
760. You play UT music even when you're not playing the game (guess what I'm listening to right now ;) )
761. You observe the details of UT screenshots and demo's, like other people can observe paintings in musea.
762. You eat your breakfast while you check the forums for new messages
Parents: we're going camping.
You: Ah...Do I have to come?
Parents: Yes.
You: Eh...ok <starts up UT2004>

neilthecellist
10th Jun 2004, 03:28 PM
764. You come to a gun shop and buy a shotgun. You modify it, take a few metal slabs apart, then paint it yellow and make it huge and name it

FLAK-v. .01 BETA

765. You try out the flak cannon one day and accidentaly pull the trigger...ON YOURSELF! (My teammates [noob] did that to me once)

pine
10th Jun 2004, 03:30 PM
766. Your manager at work's name is Beth Pingrey, and every single time you read it off the schedule board you first see 'pingrape'.

neilthecellist
10th Jun 2004, 06:14 PM
NICE!

hyrulian
10th Jun 2004, 06:59 PM
767. You have this as your answering machine/voice mail intro message. (See attachment.)

If you don't believe that I really did this, you can call my phone. :D

_Dark_Rusty_
11th Jun 2004, 02:49 AM
678. yuo believe doing this to your real lamboghini Murcialago that you just bought will increase its value http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/potd_images/DarkCarBanner.jpg

piTch bLacK
11th Jun 2004, 06:02 AM
777. You're confused why an onlooker screams "holy sh!t" after you murder only one person
778. Playing paintball you try and zoom in
779. When you score a goal in any sport you sit around until the round resets
780. You're extremely cautious while side stepping for fear you'll do an accidental dodge and end up a wreck

neilthecellist
11th Jun 2004, 10:55 AM
781. When you go to a gun shootout place you try to strafe when you shoot the targets with your 9 MM pistol.

782. You are sleepwalking during the night and when you wake up, you're in the basement with a 3/4 completed Lightning Gun.

783. You check your electric bills that month and find your bill 50 % more expensive out of your wallet because you've been sleepwalking all night and building your prototype Lightning Gun.

Sir_Brizz
11th Jun 2004, 10:58 AM
767. You have this as your answering machine/voice mail intro message. (See attachment.)

If you don't believe that I really did this, you can call my phone. :D
You really are mesed up you know that? ;) :lol: :D

That's just too funny :)

neilthecellist
11th Jun 2004, 11:02 AM
OMG Heryulian Hero, that's crazy!

ARE YOU THAT OBSESSED?!

JKJK.

hyrulian
11th Jun 2004, 12:30 PM
You really are mesed up you know that? ;) :lol: :D

That's just too funny :)

ARE YOU THAT OBSESSED?!

JKJK.
Yes, I know! :D
:cake:

Taleweaver
12th Jun 2004, 03:13 AM

ARE YOU THAT OBSESSED?!

JKJK.
Nah, it's not that bad. A real UT freak would have something like this (also with the ut2004 menu music as background):
<sound of a player respawning>Hi. Welcome to my voice mail. I'm currently capturing a node, so I can't be disturbed right now. Please either <sound of menu selection> call back later or <sound of menu selection> leave your message in the local channel after the beep. <'See ya' taunt>
<Beep=lightning gun sound>
Anyway...where were we? Ah, yes: 784.
784. During carnival, you dress up as Mr. Crow
785. You've heard the term 'bratwurst' before (I thought I knew all those terms, but this one (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=388686) was completely new to me...maybe it's just me, though :rolleyes: )
786. You open the console and try 'quit Real life' to try to squeeze an extra FPS out of your computer
787. Sentences like 'OMFG! Lev @ 7. Hlp ASAP' make completely sence to you
788. You became so good that, in single player, Malcolm forfeits when you enter Hyperblast2

hyrulian
12th Jun 2004, 03:43 AM
Nah, it's not that bad. A real UT freak would have something like this (also with the ut2004 menu music as background):
<sound of a player respawning>Hi. Welcome to my voice mail. I'm currently capturing a node, so I can't be disturbed right now. Please either <sound of menu selection> call back later or <sound of menu selection> leave your message in the local channel after the beep. <'See ya' taunt>
<Beep=lightning gun sound>
LOL!!

Hey, that's actually a pretty good idea... :D

iddQd
12th Jun 2004, 09:23 AM
789. When you're really sick, you try to stab yourself with a knife to respawn at full health.

NeoNite
12th Jun 2004, 10:08 AM
Btw: People are blind cause nrs. 768-776 were skipped ;p

DarkRusty (and also pitchblack ;Op...) here made a small mistake ;p

678. yuo believe doing this to your real lamboghini Murcialago that you just bought will increase its value

Kaithofis
12th Jun 2004, 10:13 AM
790. You try to pancake civilians with a helicopter
791. Standing at a bus stop and suddenly a scorpion drives by and cut the man standing naxt to you in half
792. You're in jail, you scream for your teammates to activate the release switch, shaped like a giant lock.
793. You try to build your own custom Gravity Vortex
794. And it works

CyberSirius
12th Jun 2004, 11:47 AM
795.when you play Dusk.umx for 12 hours
796.when Gorge run because of you
797.when Malcolm run because of you
798.when Renegade run because of you
799.when Xan... well you got the point
800.when you taunt because you said the 800th way to know you play too much Unreal :D

CyberSirius
12th Jun 2004, 12:03 PM
657. One day you wanted to find out what 999 rockets looks like.

999 rockets in DM-Morpheus i suppose??? :p

Zur
12th Jun 2004, 12:17 PM
Yep, you guessed right :D . This is what I did :

- Rocket launcher arena.
- Allammo.
- Playersonly.
- Slomo 10 (or something higher).
- Fly.
- Go out to the edge of the map, aim at one platform and shoot constantly while flying sideways in a circle.
- Go back to that same platform and slomo 0.2.
- Playersonly.

The result is that you see rockets coming at you from everywhere and as soon as they start exploding your PC starts to slow down to a crawl :lol:.

Duranix
12th Jun 2004, 09:51 PM
232. when someone tells you a joke in real life, you accidentally say "LOL, that was funny" then the person thinks ure a freak :D

i actually do that

Taleweaver
13th Jun 2004, 08:12 AM
Btw: People are blind cause nrs. 768-776 were skipped ;p

DarkRusty (and also pitchblack ;Op...) here made a small mistake ;p

Ok, lets put these ones in there:
(_Dark_Rusty_'s one is 768, of course)
769. Suddenly, you realise you can type fast without taking lessons for it...except that you can do it only with your left hand
770. You open the console and type 'quit life' in an effort to increase your ingame FPS
771. When paintballing, you shout 'Where's the alt-fire trigger on this thing?!'
(election day in Belgium)
772. When standing in line, you wish everyone had a shieldgun so you could all have some fun
773. You wander which political party would be the best in Deathmatch
774. You check wether there's a UT character on any list
775. When you've voted, you think 'objective accomplished'
776. When the votes get revealed, you imagine that it's the amount of frags they've made in an UT game

796.when Gorge run because of you
797.when Malcolm run because of you
798.when Renegade run because of you
799.when Xan... well you got the point
Great...Just great. 4 times exactly the same reason, and it looks exactly like my own 'Malcolm forfeits when you enter Hyperblast2' reason. :instagib:
Do you realise everyone can fill this thread up to 1001 with nothing but reasons like '<insert character here> runs away from you' and 'You downloaded <insert custom skin/character here> and he or she also runs away from you'? Just think about how boring this thread would become... :mad:
...So, everyone: the last reason was nr. 797

Mulch_D
13th Jun 2004, 08:48 AM
so with all this muddled up-ness, what number is next?

Taleweaver
13th Jun 2004, 09:02 AM
...So, everyone: the last reason was nr. 797
Eh...798, maybe? :rolleyes:

Mulch_D
13th Jun 2004, 09:56 AM
woops sorry, I guess I'm the muddled up one.

iddQd
13th Jun 2004, 11:01 AM
801. You have this thread in your Favorites.

KenjiE20
13th Jun 2004, 11:23 AM
798. You wonder why other games (there are other games?!) run slow, then remember you Alt-Tabbed out of UT and its still running. (This happens all too often)
799. You begin contemplating how feesable it would be to port every other game in existance to the Unreal Engine.
802. Your sense of community forces you to post three reasons just to fill the gap
803. You grin simply because you got a post in this thread that started a new page.

-slayr
13th Jun 2004, 03:34 PM
804. You try to dodge when playing Halo. (guilty :p)

Duranix
13th Jun 2004, 06:14 PM
805. you learn coding just so you can cheat and play with the malcom skin at the same time in campain.

806. you run a search on google for similar threads.

807. youve clicked files and save as in all the threads related to this topic

808. and you put them in your "other unreal stuff" folder on your desktop.

808. youve read all the pages in less than 4 hours. (guilty)

809. then you just realised that it took up you UT playing time.

810. you just edited this post because you forgot to put something in.

811. you have a unreal tournament wallpaper.

812. you take movies when you play and then you burn them onto CDs for
proof that you play better than you friends.

813. you watch the movies yourself and make a dvd out of them when you get enough.

814. you learn how to use unreal ed so you can make your own machinima films. (guilty)

Chaser
13th Jun 2004, 09:17 PM
815. You Rasterbate (http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/) a banner of UT that spans 18 sheets long.

816. You reformat your computer in a vain effort to make UT2K4 run faster, and lose your Webcam software so you can't take a picture to show the family.

817. You have an equal or greater love for Duke, and rasterbated him and used 35 sheets instead of 18.

818. The pic of Duke spans over 1.5 meters by 1.25 meters and can be found right...here (http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/attachments/560516-Image059.jpg)

Chaser
13th Jun 2004, 09:35 PM
819. You remembered you did a project last semester for a Digital Design class, and make a kick-ass magazine of your life. :lol: (see attached)

Taleweaver
14th Jun 2004, 09:45 AM
819. You remembered you did a project last semester for a Digital Design class, and make a kick-ass magazine of your life. :lol: (see attached)
:eek: Wow...looks Nice

...And for that googler dude: I've found this thread (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=376319). Credits to the creative minds of the INA peeps...
820. You constantly have to remind yourself when driving anywhere that "This is not a 'Bender. This is not a 'Bender"
821. You have the almost overwhelming desire to say to complete strangers " Die, B!tch!"
822. You take speed ramps at full speed in the hope to get a daredevil bonus
823. when you see to cars that are crashed and tell youre friend: dude, that is an great fender bender, first time i saw someone take the opponent and himself out whit an fender bender
824. You pretend to instagib coworkers by pointing your finger at them.
825. When you see the EU flag and think "Blue team base!"
826. when you're in church and discussing the myth of the Leviathan and you jump into the air and scream "All birds on it, levi in motion, get the deemer, goin' to node!!!"
827. when you jump off a cliff holding a shieldgun to break your fall.
828. you think that in a real life situation you can use adrenaline combos
829. when you strafe around your coworkers...
830. You scour the net looking for a full-size cardboard cutout of Mr. Crow.
831. You spend your lunch breaks working on your server, reading these forums or playing UT, or all 3.
832. You fall down the steps and say "MAN DOWN!"
833. You take a coin to the mall and pay some guy to carve a UT logo out of one of your coins.
834.You actually used the atari stickers (one on my monitor, one on my case and one on my phone)
835. You hear the UT menu song and you can't wait to start fragging.
836. You can draw the UT logo by hand, without looking.
837. The name on your phone is your UT name.
838. You have good friends named Killer, Iceman, Gonzo, Domin8r and Edge, and you're not in a motorcycle gang.
839. You feel you have to press a button while on the phone to activate your mic.
840. Despite the fact that your hand hurts, you continue playing long heavy Onslaught sessions thru the night. In pain. Because it seems more important. Than anything. Ever.
841. You try to answer people on messenger with your "roger' key bind.
842. I took a tape measure to work one night and measured the place.
Boss: What are you doing?
Me: Do you think a sniper would be too protected up there?
Boss: Oh. Umm. I don't know. (wanders away)
843. try flak spamming my chums when im having a heated discussion.
844. you start thinking you're talking to your friends in real life with a microphone.I actually did that :P
845. when the person in front of you on the freeway is driving as slow as a leviathan and your initial natural reaction is to get right behind them and push them with your vehicle.
846. when you see youre dog lying on his place for 5 minutes you are calling him camper
847. You sit in social class day dreaming about what would happen, and playing out, if the allies had a levi during the german blitzkrieg in WW2.
848. You squash a misquito in your room and can't hesitate to say "PANCAKE" -
849. You nearly fall of your bike when you see two seagulls flying toward you without green bars over them...
850. when u aint got money to buy some food but still got newest geforce and stuff
851. when u aint got one real friend .. but 200 "buddys" idling in your chan
852. You're making mad passionate love to your wife/gf and she has an earth shuddering orgasm, while crying out in pleasure, you swear you heard her say "wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicked siiiiick!"
853. when you fall a sleep behind your keyboard
854. You drive your Hellbender, er Sport Trac down the 'green part' of the exit ramp for daredevil points and yell road rage multi kill as you plow through the geese camping the pond node.
855. you realize you just tried to open the console and type "quite" to shut down windows
856. you try and press your key for Say while talking in IRC(I've done that)
857. you yell out "cant right now gotta cap that middle node" when your mom/ wife tells you to take out the garbage
858. you label your school bully as an aimbotter
859. you try to translocate to school and wonder why isnt your homemade translocator working (tv remote control)
860. you broke your legs jumping from a balcony to save time and wondering why didnt shieldgun appear in your hands when you pushed 1 on your calculator
861. When you piss on the toilet seat and blame it on lag!!!
862. when you go to ths school nurse and demand a big keg of health, casue you got a cut knee.
863. When you say that someone is speedhacking over at the 100m track.
864. When you go to laserquest and are sad when you dont see the flack cannon.
865. When you start to find the female charecters in the game attractive
866. when theres an accident outside of ur house and you don't stop playing onslaught
867. when you desperately look for a weaponlocker every time you wake up in the morning
868. When your outdoors and yell "ECHO!!!" followed by "COVER ME!!!"
869. ... you find normal conversation with ordinary people gets harder and harder - because all you want to tell them are ONS war stories or things like "Hey, guess how many nodes i capped today" ....
870. when you try to hit the USE key at a bar to get you teleported to the next pub.
871. When u see the sun shinning on a reflecting surface and think
"Nice graphics!"

Zur
14th Jun 2004, 09:58 AM
861. When you piss on the toilet seat and blame it on lag!!!

I can tell you've watched Quake in real life :lol:.

Chaser
14th Jun 2004, 11:47 AM
871. When u see the sun shinning on a reflecting surface and think

Man I do that waaaay to much.

Taleweaver
14th Jun 2004, 07:08 PM
Hey, I didn't invented those reasons :con:. If you want to reply to them, you can do it in the Atari servers (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=376319)
Anyway...Let's add some more to them (these are mine, btw ;) )
872. You expect all doors to open automatically when you approach
873. You're amazed how much details real trees actually have
874. Somehow, you manage to speak 1773 in such a way that everyone knows how it's written
875. When someone asks you for directions, then you reply with 'Go straight ahead until you come accross the next node. Go left there, and finally go right when you pass the enemy base at your left.'
876. You once opened the sound browser in UnrealEd just to listen to the sexy announcer

Taleweaver
15th Jun 2004, 07:16 PM
And now for some Euro2004 soccer ones:
877. When friends are discussing how great a team is in defending, you instantly ask how their shock combo skills are
878. You refuse to watch soccer as long as there aren't any weapons on the field
879. When you do watch soccer (to keep your friends), you wonder why the ball doesn't have a yellow trace behind it
880. When a team has 2 points (or 6, according to you ;) ), you hope they can make a hat trick...and that the announcer will say it
881. You do a Mexican wave at the end of a tense UT game

Mulch_D
16th Jun 2004, 01:51 AM
882: When ever anyone mentions soccer you think of Boming run OR http://www.footballbadgers.com/
883. Rather than say how non-realistic a game is you say how non-unrealistic real life is ;)

UT_Penguin_Gamer
16th Jun 2004, 10:33 AM
Hi, I'm a long time lurker first time poster under the "joined the forums just to post in this thread" clause.

Anyway

884. You still have the $10 rebate that came with ut2k4... not beacuse you don't own ut2k3 but because it would require defacing your manual by removal of cover
885. Even though you have no knowledge of how or means to find out how you still spend your free time designing vehicles for use in ut2k4... and wake up in the middle of the night with ideas on how to improve your earlier designs

Zur
16th Jun 2004, 10:40 AM
884. You still have the $10 rebate that came with ut2k4... not beacuse you don't own ut2k3 but because it would require defacing by removal of cover

Guilty as charged. It's pretty lame to ask people to do this. I was actually going to make a print out of the barcode and cover on special paper but then realized it would take too long to get a document from my bank to profit from the offer.

hyrulian
16th Jun 2004, 10:42 AM
Welcome to BuF™, UT_Penguin_Gamer.

NeoNite
16th Jun 2004, 11:05 AM
804. You try to dodge when playing Halo. (guilty :p)

I pretty much try to dodge in every other fsp I play.. It's a reflex can't help it.

A couple of days ago I had the serious sam se demo reinstalled.
I couldn't help but try and dodge incoming enemy (fire).. it was kind off annoying, since yeah well.. lol what good did it do :lol:

But yeah...
Be it in doom, quake, half life, serious sam.. any other fps at one point I'll start double tapping the step left/right keys.

:D

Alter your reality, FOREVER!

;-)

FragAndBag
16th Jun 2004, 02:14 PM
886. You paint a pair of wellies gray and tell your friends they're Anti-Grav boots.
887. You get stuck in traffic and say "Man this server is laggy"
888. A friend comes round to play soccer and when you score you do the pelvic thrust. (GUILTY!)
889. You fill a water pistol full of mushy peas and say it's a Bio-Rifle.
900. You shout "You like that?" When you type the 900th reason.

Taleweaver
16th Jun 2004, 05:34 PM
damn it...those cleaning ladies must have thrown away my paper with extra quote's :mad: Let's hope I can remember then again...
901. You can't get 'The camper dance (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=137701)' out of your head (thanx depierce & Scumgrief :lol: )
902. Your wife/girlfriend makes you some UT loading screens with pictures of your family, so you actually think about them once in a while
903. (UT99) You never leave the house without armor (=extra sweater) and thigh pads (the eh...stuff that snowboarders and volleyballers use to protect their knees. Knee pads? Ah, you know what I mean)
904. You make some extra doorways in your house 'to increase the flow'
905. Whenever you see a building in construction, you think 'What's keeping the remake of Teh Cranes! ' (and I can see such a construction site with 3 cranes from my balcony :angst++: )

neilthecellist
16th Jun 2004, 11:19 PM
906. You have the choice between sex and playing UT2k4 on your computer. You choose sex with your boy/girl friend. Halfway through sex, you suddenly pull up your pants and run over to your UT shrine and hug it, saying, "I'M SORRY!!! I'LL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN TO YOU!!! I'LL NEVER CHEAT ON YOU!!! PLEASE, FORGIVE ME!!!!"

Sir_Brizz
16th Jun 2004, 11:57 PM
hmm...I think sex is better than video games.

hyrulian
17th Jun 2004, 12:25 AM
hmm...I think sex is better than video games.
Find me a significant other then, so I may enjoy that activity as well :D

«BuA»Meat
17th Jun 2004, 08:03 AM
22. when you see a flag outside you stay beside and counting 3...2...1... and take the photofinish.

Sir_Brizz
17th Jun 2004, 10:39 AM
i think we're on 907 bud...next is 908 :)

Sir_Brizz
17th Jun 2004, 10:39 AM
Find me a significant other then, so I may enjoy that activity as well :D
:lol: I'm not quite there yet...but I think serious making out is better than video games, so sex has to be :)

Renegade Retard
17th Jun 2004, 10:48 AM
but I think serious making out is better than video games

Oh, so you Amish kiddo's have moved up to holding hands now?

;) just ribbing you buddy

edit - oops

AMmayhem
17th Jun 2004, 10:54 AM
May have already been said, but I'm not reading 14 pages to find out...

908. When you've seen easily a half dozen of these threads in the past.

Sir_Brizz
17th Jun 2004, 11:13 AM
but I think serious making out is better than video games

Oh, so you Amish kiddo's have moved up to holding hands now?

;) just ribbing you buddy
fixed :)

:lol: SERIOUSLY! ;)

Taleweaver
17th Jun 2004, 06:48 PM
909. You hope the new patch will fix some real life issues as well
910. You can finish AS-TempleOfTrials-V2 (just tried the level...don't know if it's even possible)
911. You remove all paintings, posters and such from your walls so you can't get stuck when you're walldodging through your living roomY
912. You know the strength and weaknesses of each individual bot
913. You perform pelvic thrusts in your local disco

Zur
17th Jun 2004, 06:56 PM
914. You spam the feck out of this thread in the hopes that it will get you remembered for posterity.

_Dark_Rusty_
17th Jun 2004, 08:34 PM
915.you have a mug that has your game name on it
916.you have a mug that says "best ut player ever"
917.life is just way too slow without a translocator

neilthecellist
17th Jun 2004, 11:13 PM
917.life is just way too slow without a translocator

LOL! I wish Translocators existed.

tdwkillgasm
18th Jun 2004, 07:33 AM
19. Everywhere you go you either admire the textures or complain about them not being aligned properly

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! i ALWAYS do that! :lol:

NATO_chrisjm
18th Jun 2004, 09:22 AM
918 - You go around with a cardboard box on your head upon witch you have painted a HUD.

_Dark_Rusty_
18th Jun 2004, 09:54 AM
918 - You go around with a cardboard box on your head upon witch you have painted a HUD.
I have definately got to do that some day

DeDpoet|BuF
18th Jun 2004, 11:29 AM
919. You got bikini posters of Lauren on your wall. pervert.

hyrulian
18th Jun 2004, 11:33 AM
I think a transparency sheet placed a few inches away from your eyes would work a little better. :)

Pics to come later :D

Taleweaver
18th Jun 2004, 12:43 PM
I think a transparency sheet placed a few inches away from your eyes would work a little better. :)

Pics to come later :D
Here ya go :D :
http://users.skynet.be/golden_dragon/kenshin_collar_avy.JPG
(Sorry I had to misuse your avatar, Hyrulian, but it was the best picture I could find in such a short time)

And let's post some more reasons that tell you've played too much UT:
920. If you had the money, you'd live in a perfect replica of DM-1on1-Desolation...except it would have a huge computer room as well
921. You consider UT your operating system, and windows/linux/whatever as 'a program that you also use sometime'
922. You haven't seen a real person in days, yet you don't feel lonely
923. You walk around with a flag...without reason...except it makes you happy for some reason :rolleyes:
924. You haven't seen television in weeks (or: how one addiction can repress another one :) )

hyrulian
18th Jun 2004, 12:52 PM
921. You consider UT your operating system, and windows/linux/whatever as 'a program that you also use sometime'
Let's take it further :)

925. You set your shell to be UT2004.exe (or UT2003.exe or UnrealTournament.exe or Unreal.exe) instead of Explorer.exe.

BAS2311
18th Jun 2004, 12:58 PM
922.Your the only one in the family who doesnt know how to use the remote cos you play so much unreal
923.If the remote doesnt have any use in unreal then you dont care that you dont know how to use it.

Bashe
18th Jun 2004, 01:32 PM
924. You think BeyondUnreal Forums suck ass and you're never coming back.

It was a nice stay, but someone ruined it.

Pitch Black: burn in hell you roach. You're a faggot.

NATO_chrisjm
18th Jun 2004, 02:08 PM
924b. - You set your BIOS to start up UT before Windows.

Sir_Brizz
18th Jun 2004, 02:27 PM
Thank you NATO, you get to replace 924.

Renegade Retard
18th Jun 2004, 03:26 PM
We're actually on 929.

Kaithofis
18th Jun 2004, 03:38 PM
929. You're so anxious to post yet another reason here, that you forget to count which number you should have.

937. You start shooting Llama's in the zoo

hyrulian
18th Jun 2004, 03:51 PM
I finally did it.

Presenting the HUDhat™.

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~npena/hudhat1.jpg

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~npena/hudhat2.jpg

igNiTion
18th Jun 2004, 03:53 PM
LOL hh. Ship me one :D

931. You challenge a Samurai to a 1on1 because you are confident you can wall-dodge better than him.

edit - number - thx ren, thx for screwin it ronin ;)

Psycho_Leech
18th Jun 2004, 04:13 PM
939. When playing Time Crisis 3 (Or any other light gun game), you hold the gun so it's just at the bottom of your vision, instead of holding it properly, and you can complete the first level in one attempt by holding the gun FPS style, even though your brother couldn't(Even though he had proper firearm training in the TA)

Renegade Retard
18th Jun 2004, 04:27 PM
"3,7,14,2,9....what comes after 4 mommy?!?"

Dang it people! We're on 933!

Edit - Hyru, that you?!?

Kaithofis
18th Jun 2004, 05:20 PM
Well Ignition, if you had some humour you could see why I skipped a couple of numbers, but since NOBODY seems to be able to count here, I won't do it again.

933. You enjoy helping a bunch of morons count 24/7 ;)

igNiTion
18th Jun 2004, 05:29 PM
I used a winking smiley man, I was kiddin - see? ;)

hahahahhahahhaha lmao hahahahahahah - I DO have humor!! :D

hyrulian
18th Jun 2004, 06:19 PM
Edit - Hyru, that you?!?
Yeah, that's me up there :D

mrpirate
18th Jun 2004, 06:24 PM
934. You think Hyrulian is hot.

NATO_chrisjm
18th Jun 2004, 06:32 PM
(for the sake of argument)

935. You start up a religious cult, worshiping Epic as your gods with UT 2k4 as the holy text and Cliffy B is Jesus XD

BooGiTyBoY
18th Jun 2004, 07:14 PM
936. While driving past a field you yell at cows in Nali instead of the common "moo"

937. You get into real life arguments over who would win in a fight between Xan in UT and Xaero from Q3

938. You coach a junior sports league and organize practice teams into Red and Blue.

939. You're at the beach and your friend's bikini-top comes off after getting hit by a big wave. You grab it and start swimming/running for shore yelling "I'VE GOT THE FLAG!"
(She still gives me sh!t for doing that... not like the beach was THAT crowded that day...)

940. As you're doing #939 you're giggling like a bitch cause you can hear her in the water yelling "COVER ME"

941. You can name every one of the characters in the Unreal series but you can't remember you're neighbors... even though it's plastered on their mailbox 2 houses down which you drive past everyday.

942. When someone says you need to "lower your sensitivity" you start turning around slower...

943. You break a bone and have "Flesh is a design flaw" written on the cast...

944. You only read half this post because it was keeping you from playing too long.

945. You start carrying 5 different colored markers in your pocket just for the purpose of writing your name.

946. When your close friends who have never owned a computer in life knows that a llama is something other than a furry animal.

947. You see a car accident and remark how dissapointed you were in the car rolling physics.

948. You go to the zoo and ask the information booth where the "Fragmonkeys" are kept.

949. When you hop in your friends car to go somewhere you instinctivley say "Take me to 4."

_Dark_Rusty_
18th Jun 2004, 09:02 PM
950.you dont see a problem with this picture, except you can see your extremely well armed opponents hud

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~npena/hudhat1.jpg

951.your counting down the 50 posts to go
952.your counting down the 49 posts to go
953.your counting down the 48 posts to go
954.your counting down the 47 posts to go
955.your counting down the 46 posts to go
956.your counting down the 45 posts to go
957.your counting down the 44 posts to go
958.your counting down the 43 posts to go
959.your counting down the 42 posts to go
960.your counting down the 41 posts to go
961.your counting down the 40 posts to go
962.your counting down the 39 posts to go
963.your counting down the 38 posts to go
964.your counting down the 37 posts to go
965.your counting down the 36 posts to go
966.your counting down the 35 posts to go
967.your counting down the 34 posts to go
968.your counting down the 33 posts to go
969.your counting down the 32 posts to go
970.your counting down the 31 posts to go
971.your counting down the 30 posts to go
972.your counting down the 29 posts to go
973.your counting down the 28 posts to go
974.your counting down the 27 posts to go
975.your counting down the 26 posts to go
976.your counting down the 25 posts to go
977.your counting down the 24 posts to go
978.your counting down the 23 posts to go
979.your counting down the 22 posts to go
980.your counting down the 21 posts to go
981.your counting down the 20 posts to go
982.your counting down the 19 posts to go
983.your counting down the 18 posts to go
984.your counting down the 17 posts to go
985.your counting down the 16 posts to go
986.your counting down the 15 posts to go
987.your counting down the 14 posts to go
988.your counting down the 13 posts to go
989.your counting down the 12 posts to go
990.your counting down the 11 posts to go
991.your counting down the 10 posts to go
992.your counting down the 9 posts to go
993.your counting down the 8 posts to go
994.your counting down the 7 posts to go
995.your counting down the 6 posts to go
996.your counting down the 5 posts to go
997.your counting down the 4 posts to go
998.your counting down the 3 posts to go
999.your counting down the 2 posts to go
1000.just as you are about to post 1001, your computer hangs, a few minutes later your computer & yourself have something in common

Bashe
18th Jun 2004, 09:09 PM
1001. Finally, Pitch Black dies in a car accident and you can now die happy.

_Dark_Rusty_
18th Jun 2004, 09:26 PM
I was expecting 1001 to be at least a bit good, that doesnt even have anything to do with the subject, not even close. BTW, since I'm not sure why your saying this, is that "pitch black" the band?

[edit]- having read back on the posts, I see it is not pitch black the bnd, lucky for you, if it was, i would hunt you down, & run you over, repeatedly ,with a truck. having said that, didnt you say you where leaving the forums forever? if so, hurry up & do it!

CyberSirius
18th Jun 2004, 09:43 PM
1002: you post even if the 1001 is finished :D

BooGiTyBoY
18th Jun 2004, 10:01 PM
Keep that wheel rollin' I say!

1003. You pull up to the drive-thru and order an ASMD combo.... super-sized.

Taleweaver
18th Jun 2004, 10:23 PM
Joy, oh what a glorious moment. What was supposed to be the grrrand finale ended in a total disaster :shake: Of-topics, miscounts and horribly repeating posts. Aargh, the humanity.
Ok, Rusty. Back away from your computer. Thanks for participation, but no thanks (and I don't think i'm just speaking for myself when I say this). I knew someone was going for a big sprint, but this??? If there were any rules for adding your entry, you would have broken it. Therefore, by my power as simple geek behind a computer, I declare your 50 entries null and void. Pointing at another of-topic reply isn't going to speak in your favor, so be warned...

Ok, out with the negative influence. Let's try the positive tone: BooGiTyBoY has found no less than 14 reasons why one can play too much UT, Hyrulian spares no effort to prove he's one creative guy, and we have still some reasons left to fill in :) .
The last valid number was 950, ladies and gentlemen. Send them in while their hot, and maybe you'll be the lucky winner of the title 'I sent in the 1'001st reason why I play too much UT'
(your post is noted, CyberSirius: you'll have the 1002th reason, but it'll have to make some room for other posts first ;) )

EDIT: the same for BooGiTyBoY, who posted nr 1003 (let's hope this stops here, before it gets worse)

piTch bLacK
18th Jun 2004, 10:51 PM
Bashe - leave fag.

1004. you have a secondary trigger finger that keeps messing you up

_Dark_Rusty_
19th Jun 2004, 02:12 AM
o c'mon, I'm not gonna contest 951 to 999, but 1000 is valid, so valid, c'mon, thats like, il' validito or somthin, valid to the max, thats it I'm goin to buy the first valid stamp I see and use it on somthin, i dont konw what yet, but well, yeah.

in closing, fox, good, nbc, bad.

Bashe
19th Jun 2004, 02:57 AM
Bashe - leave fag.

Dickhead fuuckface cock smoking motherfuucking assholle dirty cuunt waste of semen I hope you DIE bitch!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hyrulian
19th Jun 2004, 03:16 AM
Jeez.

Calm down, you two.

BooGiTyBoY
19th Jun 2004, 04:15 AM
1005. You take offense to words someone was oh so brave enough to say on a computer screen...

Duranix
19th Jun 2004, 04:23 AM
1006. youve kept all the emails telling you that someone has replied to this thread

piTch bLacK
19th Jun 2004, 04:44 AM
1007. you hang around the BuF forum even though you've been thoroughly owned and present yourself as an angsty preteen. (Bashe)
1008. UnWheel - nuff' said :D

Duranix
19th Jun 2004, 05:04 AM
hahaha preteen

1009. you ACTUALLY are an angry preteen

i am.

im 12.

turning 13 next year, and im in year 7

Zur
19th Jun 2004, 06:16 AM
Bashe - leave fag.

http://www2.ucsc.edu/crown/events/pics/carnival/stop.jpg

Bashe
19th Jun 2004, 08:04 AM
I'm fourteen, thank you. And Pitch Black, do some goddamn research before you go assuming that Teacher's Pet is an infant's show. I just wanted the skin made and you had to come be an ass. Thanks a lot, dick. **** off.

These stupid forums have to censor cuss words. Pussies. I don't belong here. Before you open your goddamn mouth Pitch Black, just remember: I don't care. Leave me the **** alone.

Kaithofis
19th Jun 2004, 08:09 AM
Ah yes, that's all the thread needed for an addition in the Classics; a banned member

RaptoR
19th Jun 2004, 08:17 AM
Bashe&Co: Cut it out before I get a double kill with the BanCannon.

Zur
19th Jun 2004, 08:19 AM
I'm fourteen, thank you. And Pitch Black, do some goddamn research before you go assuming that Teacher's Pet is an infant's show. I just wanted the skin made and you had to come be an ass. Thanks a lot, ...

(blah, blah, blah, I'm acting hurt and don't realize that PitchBlack was being an ******* and this is unacceptable behaviour on BuF)

http://racingroadtrip.com/trips/asa-8-2-03/images/stop.jpg

Swedix
19th Jun 2004, 08:44 AM
This thread has served it's purposed and are now being closed.

And some of you need to start to think about your behaviour. :mad: