PDA

View Full Version : :'( buh buh buh... all 2DT posts are gone.. buh buh buh...

k0lpA
13th Jun 2003, 09:47 PM
buh = "the sound k0lpA makes when he cry.."
eh.. yeah kind of useless thread yea....

NeoNight
13th Jun 2003, 09:57 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek: so ya got a new version ready or what? lol :lol: :p :D

k0lpA
14th Jun 2003, 12:39 AM
no.. dont have alot of time to work on 2DT :(, anyway what could I add ?? maybe if u ahve kickass ideas itll push me doing a new version :P

NeoNight
14th Jun 2003, 03:23 AM
how about .................................... Adding a dashing ability! like in those mega man x games! and uh rolling... and quick dodging like in smash bros melee (for the game cube) yeah let's see you do that one Mr. coder guy :p to do a quick dodge you tap up to do a roll you tap down. If you don't know what quick dodging is (doubt its even possible), um I can probably get you a screen shot or something. Itís basically a second or 2 of invincibility that has your character stepping into the background for a sec. Since the projectiles are traveling 2d... rockets and some other types of projectiles would (should) miss. For the dashing you can add some nice little 2d sprite effects or something... ill think of more things later

FreakinMeany
14th Jun 2003, 05:32 AM
Man... this REALLY sucks. Well, the good news is that at least I had grabbed all the 2D maps (http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search/index.asp?name=2D&description=&author=&gamesystem=4&size=&gametype=&minplayers=&maxplayers=&gamestyle=&maxfilesize=&genre=&score=0&highscore=10&categoryid=1&categoryscore=0&categoryhighscore=10&showunratedfiles=1&minviewings=&maxviewings=&mindownloads=&maxdownloads=&minratings=&maxratings=&age=0&sortby=name&sortorder=asc) from the forum and added them to Mapraider before they vanished from here :)

Shuriken
14th Jun 2003, 09:56 AM
Is there a way to sort out camera movement before the game begins? Proelium also has the weird camera movement...

k0lpA
14th Jun 2003, 01:37 PM
NeoNight : I think its all possible but I would need anims.. find someone who can make it and u'll have ur dash (hehe , I like MMX too :P) , and ur roll.. but I dont like the dodge thing.. I really should find some ppl to make a 2DT team... :(

oh.. 2DSp / coop.. I forgot I wanted to do this... (but a kind of deathmatch SP.. I mean theres no level 1 , 2 ,3 its just maps that cycles and the enemies get better every time)

god is really against this mod.. BionicBeast lost the site, OST lost his maps and we lost our post (yea not that important :/)

eh..Shuriken . Proelium ??

Hao Niu-rou
14th Jun 2003, 02:31 PM
My sister and I still play alot of Super Nintendo, I wanted to make a 2d side scrolling game before I'd even heard of your 2d mod, lol anyways I was going to animate the sprites all myself but I think if I ever get around to making those sprites, I'll show em to you to see if you're interested in helping me, cause I'd rather use the unreal engine than something like gamemaker or program my own (as i'm a n00b coder)

Shuriken
14th Jun 2003, 02:41 PM
eh..Shuriken . Proelium ??

Might get the link wrong, but think it's http://mep.beyondunreal.com/proelium

It's a 2d mod, but top-down not side.

k0lpA
14th Jun 2003, 04:14 PM
Shuriken : I still prefer my 2D mod :P and I think I could fix the Spectator Cam.

Hao : hehe, I still play ALOT of Snes too , some old 2D games really kick todays Super-graphics-no-gameplay-games. Me and a Friend started to think about making a mod that would be a kind of mix of all the 2D mech games on Snes (Metal Warriors, Cybernator, Front Mission:Gun Hazzard etc..). Whats your favorite 2D snes games ???

<*)_><
14th Jun 2003, 06:22 PM
hey, i just read on the frontpage about a Super mario bros mod, might wanna pimp your 2d-mod at their forums!

Hao Niu-rou
14th Jun 2003, 06:34 PM
Well, my sister and I love the mario brothers games, I have mario brothers all stars, and super mario world those are my favourites :P

I also used to have an NES but my older brothers violent ways broke the front flap, and it soon died because of all the dust that got inside it

But I'm mainly talking games like mario and sonic (more so mario though)

hmmm I've never played any mech games, but i suck at drawing mechs and cars and such

But what I really wanted to do was make a mario game that takes all the great features from the whole 2d series, and puts em together, and using my favourite bad guys (i love shyguys, and most of the baddies from Mario Bros. 2) but I wanted to redo the graphics, not just using sprite sets ripped from the games

maybe we can progress the 2d mod more towards the 2d sprites if you wanted? so then it'd be possible for us to try out either your mech idea, or my mario idea?

I mean, coding sprite based player pawns/controllers

k0lpA
14th Jun 2003, 11:40 PM
sprites would be weird in 3D levels , I think if we really want to use use kind of sprites it would be better with a paper model : smooth anims (sprites are like 5frame/sec, models are.. more..) , only 1 "skin" to make.. but 3D is always better :p
anyway Hao do u have ICQ/AIM/MSN/YahooM ??

Hao Niu-rou
15th Jun 2003, 12:13 AM
yessums, i have msn

hao_niu_rou@hotmail.com

any other cogworks members wanna add me go ahead

oh hey i didnt know you were canadian too btw

erh, i'm from london know where that is?

paper models eh? haha never even thought of that :D...anybody up to a modelling job lol

TheBladeRoden
15th Jun 2003, 12:22 AM
Man... this REALLY sucks. Well, the good news is that at least I had grabbed all the 2D maps (http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search/index.asp?name=2D&description=&author=&gamesystem=4&size=&gametype=&minplayers=&maxplayers=&gamestyle=&maxfilesize=&genre=&score=0&highscore=10&categoryid=1&categoryscore=0&categoryhighscore=10&showunratedfiles=1&minviewings=&maxviewings=&mindownloads=&maxdownloads=&minratings=&maxratings=&age=0&sortby=name&sortorder=asc) from the forum and added them to Mapraider before they vanished from here :)

I didn't realize there were so many

k0lpA
15th Jun 2003, 12:26 AM
Freaking_B , there shouldnt be a 2D INV section on mapraider cuz 2DINV use all 2D maps

NeoNight
15th Jun 2003, 05:03 PM
What no one played super smash bros? or super smash bros melee? pfft you guys don't know whatcha missing..... anyhoo here is a screen shot of quick dodging Adenterle...

http://www.speedis.org/images/257558.png (http://www.speedis.org/)

k0lpA
15th Jun 2003, 05:06 PM
I played SB... alot.. maybe even more than YOU !!:P
but I think It wont be cool in 2DT :/

NeoNight
15th Jun 2003, 05:18 PM
pfft doubt you played it more then me (oh btw if you have a decent comp and a joystick well u don't really need a joystick but it helps you can play the orginal ssb online ;) pm me for details ) oh.. well if you don't think it'd be good then ok.... I just thought i'd be nice but it would have to have some sort of limit though..... like if there was a stamina meter that drains everytime you did certain moves

TheBladeRoden
16th Jun 2003, 12:16 AM
pfft doubt you played it more then me (oh btw if you have a decent comp and a joystick well u don't really need a joystick but it helps you can play the orginal ssb online ;) pm me for details ) oh.. well if you don't think it'd be good then ok.... I just thought i'd be nice but it would have to have some sort of limit though..... like if there was a stamina meter that drains everytime you did certain moves

get SSBM online and I will call you god

k0lpA
16th Jun 2003, 03:32 PM
eh NeoNight I cant send u PMs BuF dont want.. dont know why, and I cant send u email too : /

NeoNight
16th Jun 2003, 06:10 PM
ok well in that case go here http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=13117

supernewbie
18th Jun 2003, 09:48 AM
Well, the good news is that at least I had grabbed all the 2D maps from the forum and added them to Mapraider before they vanished from here :)

please add supermario and megaman to that site too

http://www.newbieserver.de/files/2DDM-MegaManIII.zip
http://www.newbieserver.de/files/2DDM-SMario.zip

k0lpA
18th Jun 2003, 01:58 PM
MegaManIII !!! didnt know about this map :o, I prefer SMario Tho, SuperNewbie , are u the one who made these maps ???

NeoNight
18th Jun 2003, 04:49 PM
Nice maps..... but the (whatever triggers the instant kill thing) in the pitfalls of the mario map are set too high I mean give people at least a little bit of a chance to survive lol

oh and IT should be possible to make breakable blocks (um check out nali bricks) you can ask Mr. evil how he did that if you want

k0lpA
18th Jun 2003, 06:34 PM
actually its easy to make breakable blocks, its only an actor with a block mesh and some code to make it blow. you only need a coder /me point itselfs and a block Static mesh

supernewbie
19th Jun 2003, 09:50 AM
no i didnt make those maps

the author (deathball2003@freenet.de) sent them to me and i just let you know

i agree that smario is a lot better than the mega man map

but i think its a great idea to have 2d mod maps of the old jumpnrun classics

k0lpA
22nd Jun 2003, 01:17 PM
Yipee !! Got my name changed to k0lpA !

FrozenCow
24th Jun 2003, 07:32 AM
I've just finished my first 2DDM map. It's the first level of the Super Mario Bros game. You must have the textures from the 2DDM-SMario map (thanks for the cool idea and textures). The only thing is that there is a bug with the camera. The camera flickers sometimes when I walk or jump.
I'm originally a coder and I really want to work with some guys on the mario mod. I think it is a good idea to make a mod team with the makers of the mario mutator, mario map and the 2d mod.
I've also got some cool idea's to make in the mod like making yoshi, or make a new gametype 'Capture the Princess' where the badcharacters fight against the good characters to get the princess out of the castle of bowser.

k0lpA
24th Jun 2003, 04:23 PM
nice :P, btw the cam problems is because the camera needs to be "in the world".

NeoNight
24th Jun 2003, 11:05 PM
hey kolpA can you repost a link to the lastest version of 2d tournament?

FrozenCow
25th Jun 2003, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the help k0lpA. I've made a new version of the map right away! Here it is...

FrozenCow
26th Jun 2003, 02:49 AM
k0lpA... why don't you upload your mod on a mod site likewww.ut2003hq.com (http://www.ut2003hq.com/)?

TossMonkey
26th Jun 2003, 03:57 PM
Wheres the link to the latest version of the mod kolp? I reformatted my drive and now I want all my mods back.

k0lpA
26th Jun 2003, 05:02 PM
here :P

I also uploaded it to www.ut2003hq.com with a nice pic ;)

FreakinMeany
28th Jun 2003, 03:27 AM
ARGH! Why don't I ever get forum notifications for this area!?! All the other forums seem to work but this one. Hmm.. Anyway...

I didn't realize there were so many

And there's three more now, I see! Fourteen total.

Freaking_B , there shouldnt be a 2D INV section on mapraider cuz 2DINV use all 2D maps
Kolpa - Some people do maps specifically for Invasion; that's why it's there - just in case :)

By the way, the 0.4 version of the mod is also on our FileFront mirror:

http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/mapraider/mods/ut2003/2dtv0.4.zip

please add supermario and megaman to that site too

Supernewbie - thanks for the heads-up. The maps (and screenshots) have all been added.

I also added FrozenCow's version as well.

In case anyone missed the post above, you can find all of the 2D maps on Mapraider.com (http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search/index.asp?name=2D&description=&author=&gamesystem=4&size=&gametype=&minplayers=&maxplayers=&gamestyle=&maxfilesize=&genre=&score=0&highscore=10&categoryid=1&categoryscore=0&categoryhighscore=10&showunratedfiles=1&minviewings=&maxviewings=&mindownloads=&maxdownloads=&minratings=&maxratings=&age=0&sortby=name&sortorder=asc) If there are any others I haven't added, just let me know.

FrozenCow
28th Jun 2003, 03:41 AM
I also added FrozenCow's version as well.
Thanks! :D

FreakinMeany
28th Jun 2003, 06:27 AM
No problem.

NeoNight
28th Jun 2003, 12:43 PM
Oh great.... now If I can just learn how to make a 2d map ill make some mega man x, and Metroid/fusion hell maybe even castlevina (sp?) symphony (I can't spell for crap) of Night maps!

Then if I can learn to animate for ut2k3 ill try and do the dashing and rolling animations and give em to k0lpA to code in lol. Well see you guys in a few months lol

k0lpA
28th Jun 2003, 07:29 PM
ehh, NeoNight, 2D maping is easy.. (if u know 3D maping ;)) its the same.. the only thing u have to know is that the whole level have to follow the X axis and all the players start should be on the same Y

NeoNight
30th Jun 2003, 11:33 PM
thats the thing I don't know 3d mapping lol :(

k0lpA
1st Jul 2003, 01:53 AM
eh, this afternoon I was "super-bored !" so I played some 2DT with rocket launcher arena, I noticed it was tough to dodge the rockets cuz the only way is to jump but after that (in mid-air) u are an easy target so I made a kind of eh.."reverse jump !!" (u press crouch in the air to make u go down.. (kind of like pressing down in SSB) rockets are easier to dodge now ;)

I also noticed that bots NEVER miss with a shock rifle or any instant-hit weapon :o.

maybe ill make a air-dodge (like wall dodge but anytime !) and release a 0.4.1 (lol) including the "inversed jump"(I need to find a name for this :P)

NeoNight
1st Jul 2003, 02:30 AM
yeah! call it quick dodging! lol ... and you finally see why I said it would of been good in this mod lolololol

anyway you should register your mod on this site http://www.moddb.com/

to get more attention and maybe even a team man! cause am sure I and a few others aren't the only ones that like this mod :P

oh btw there is a air dodge and wall dodge mutator out there :p uh check www.ut2003hq.com for the file if ya want

FreakinMeany
2nd Jul 2003, 01:27 AM
I also noticed that bots NEVER miss with a shock rifle or any instant-hit weapon
Oooooh! So that *wasn't* my lame playing skills! Hahaha... I was getting plastered by a shock rifle in 2Dbr-CitizenErased and just thought the bots were on a higher setting.

:D

FrozenCow
2nd Jul 2003, 06:43 PM
anyway you should register your mod on this site http://www.moddb.com/

Great idea :D :tup:

NeoNight
23rd Jul 2003, 02:27 PM
uh oh another 2d mod! :p

http://strangeworld.cc/~nora02/

k0lpA
25th Jul 2003, 02:32 AM
Seems like mine :O is it the same way to aim ??

NeoNight
25th Jul 2003, 03:32 AM
well yeah and no, this lets you use the crosshairs ut2k3 provides... there are other differences (like when you damage someone numbers appear above their head showing you how much damage your doing lol its pretty funny to use that along with that ut2k3 rpg hehe )

also the camera works different it zooms into your character when pass in front of objects that'll block the camera. Not to mention you can zoom in with the up and down keys. There is no dodging though :(... maybe you guys should work together :p

Oh and one thing I noticed (may have been a bug may have been intentional) when bots are a certain distance from you they automatically miss their shots lol (like their shots go towards the sides). That and you can find where the other bots/players are by looking at the sides of the screen, like their names move up and down at the sides of the screen depending on where in the level they are.

Like in this shot http://strangeworld.cc/~nora02/images/smash_04.jpg

k0lpA
25th Jul 2003, 04:58 PM
ive looked at the code and they stole nothing from me :P I dont really like the way to aim... its good but I dont like the way u cant move ur cursor too far from u :( and its also too slow. I wanted to make a aiming sistem like this but I started to love mine :P eh, is there problems with the crosshair not being at the good position for certain weapons in SmashU ?

Edit: eh, did u know theres a 2D mod for Quake too ?

NeoNight
25th Jul 2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah I saw it I was like what the heck lol there's even going to be one for hl2! Itíll play like metal slug (donít know if you ever played the metal slug games) ill see if I can find a link to the mods site. The mod is based off of hl2's story; I saw a picture of it looks nice.

As far as the crosshair thing was it facing downwards for you when you switch to certain weapons? I had raised my mouse sensitivity when playing so I didn't really have any problems with it... but yeah the aiming system could use some work.

Oh another think I liked about it was that it was compatible with this melee kung fu mutator KakutouRC120p-v08, though it wasn't compatible with the arena version of the mod. :(

FrozenCow
1st Aug 2003, 12:47 PM
I have a question for an next patch...
Can you make in steat of a new pawn just an inventory, so that all sorts of pawns will work? And can you make a way to use vehicles with your 2d mod? That would really be great!

k0lpA
1st Aug 2003, 01:14 PM
I have a question for an next patch...
Can you make in steat of a new pawn just an inventory, so that all sorts of pawns will work? And can you make a way to use vehicles with your 2d mod? That would really be great!

I dont think everything I have in my pawn can be in an inventory :( and since the "dont move in 3D" code is in the pawn vehicles cant move in 2D (well it could if u add the 2D movements code but it cant work with vehicles made for 3D) if someone find a way to make it , contact me ;)

oh and in the other 2D mod there is the bug where u can move in 3D when running in walls :P

FreakinMeany
1st Aug 2003, 06:12 PM
:lol:

Once the vehicles are in there, it'd be easy to just run people over, eh? :D

FrozenCow
2nd Aug 2003, 10:06 AM
but it is fun :P.

FreakinMeany
10th Oct 2003, 04:15 AM
Any updates on what's going on with this mod? I really miss seeing new maps for it too :)

NeoNight
22nd Oct 2003, 12:12 AM
hey how about allowing us to turn our characters using a gamepad the same way we turn them using a mouse! (its the only thing missing when playing with a gamepad)

O.S.T
26th Oct 2003, 03:03 PM
hey k0lp:
could you make an option in your mod to choose between the normal ut2k3 weapons and own weapons(which you will write :o )?
own weapons like...erm...rockets which bounce from walls and the floor...some stuff like that
with more flexible movement(like more dodging jumping stuff)and tricky weapons it would be TEH 2d mod and I would start playing ut2k3 again ;)

p.s.this damage number above the head idea from the other mod is sh't

k0lpA
26th Oct 2003, 06:19 PM
lol, why is it sh't ? I found it useless anyway.. and, yeah I could make an option like : 2DT or Ut2k3 in 2D, so that u can play with normal ut2k3 weapons/movements or 2DT weapons/movements.

for now I would have these special moves in mind (GIMME MORE!!) :
pressing "down" or duck in the air will make u go down faster, a air dodge,a wall jump (like a walldodge but makes u go higher and u can perform as many as u wish in 1 jump)

weapons : 1st if I make my own modification of ut2k3 weapons one of the good things is that I will be able to place the crosshairs exactly where it should be.
Flak : (less damage or projectile speed or projectile per shot) no projectile movements in 3D.
Rocket: good as it is I think, in fact its my favorite weapon in 2D ;),
link : less "pushing" with alt fire. [did u ever noticed how this weapon sucks in 3D but is too good in 2D :o)
shock : well I dont know but.. its too tough to make combos and too easy to kill with prim fire :/
mini : alt fire is kinda useless since you cant see very far..
goo : alt fire too strong..
sniper : alt fire gets stuck.. I could fix that..
assault rifle: grenades should bounce in 2D..

NeoNight : ill try to make this gamepad thing ;)
I need to format my stupid HD before I can reinstall/play/mod ut2k3.. I need to play some 2DT :'( lol

NeoNight
26th Oct 2003, 08:58 PM
HEY! I just thought of something else, k0lpA did you ever play metriod fusion for the gba?....... (if not let me know I can get you the rom and an emu to check it out)

if so ever notice the way samus aims in all directions? Is it possible to making aiming in 2dt like that? (mainly for aiming with the keyboard or gamepad)

What I mean is pressing :

(at the same time) Look up and look right/left = Aiming diagonally upper right/left (you probably understand what I mean already)

(at the same time) Look down and look right/left = Aiming diagonally down right/left

Look down/up/left/right = look down/up/left/right (duh lol )

The thing is though your character shouldn't scroll or pan in those directions like when you use a mouse, or the normal looking keys but aim in that direction directly. lol thats the best way I can explain it. >_<

k0lpA
26th Oct 2003, 10:26 PM
I understand but.. wouldnt be really good cuz u wont be able to aim everywhere.. only in 8 directions right ?
and I already played metroid fusion ;)

NeoNight
26th Oct 2003, 11:27 PM
well yeah I guess... I figured it'd work out for playing with a game pad .... wanna try it out and see what happens? (assuming its not to much to add anyway) :D

O.S.T
27th Oct 2003, 08:23 AM
(if not let me know I can get you the rom and an emu to check it out)

I want it! :)

@k0lp:
imo it would be better with more tricky weapons,which make low damage,so you can make harder fights
(maybe you could use the 'bounce from wall' code from the grenates and use it for another weapon)

k0lpA
27th Oct 2003, 11:35 AM
so u want completely new weapons ? or BIG modification of ut2k3s ones ?

O.S.T
27th Oct 2003, 01:00 PM
big modifications
take some codes of the existing weapons,throw them together and make something cool with them :)

FreakinMeany
27th Oct 2003, 02:31 PM
Hmm... I dunno. I like the old weapons - maybe you just need to tweak the damage and accurracy values for each instead of modifying them completly.

(and it's really good to see discussions going on here!)

k0lpA
27th Oct 2003, 06:16 PM
Yeah I like the old weaps too ;) I think ill just make a mutator with the "big weapons" and tweak the normal weapons to make em more 2D with the stuff I said earlier. But special moves is a must if u want to be able to avoid projectiles... and yeah discussion here is cool !

NeoNight
27th Oct 2003, 07:46 PM
"But special moves is a must if u want to be able to avoid projectiles" I aggree!

oh and k0lpA, I just noticed that even though you could only aim in 8 directions (with metriod fusions aiming style) you can sort of aim in those directions quicker then if you where panning. (when it comes to using the look keys anyway)

I want it! :)

check your pm ;)

k0lpA
28th Oct 2003, 08:32 AM
but eh, with this aiming system, u wont be able to shoot while walking backward ? bah.. Ill try to make it :P even if I think It wont be really good...

NeoNight
28th Oct 2003, 06:00 PM
yeah u can! cause......... you'll be changing the look up/down/left/right keys and not the movement keys ;)

k0lpA
28th Oct 2003, 06:03 PM
humm ? I mean if u play with a gamepad.. u wont be able to move left and aim rigth for example.. well maybe if u have 2 pad/joystick but..

NeoNight
28th Oct 2003, 10:01 PM
Ah I see what you mean but then again I can, just that I can't turn around without using the mouse (right now I can't do that). Am using an n64 controller, using this thing called adaptiod that lets you use n64 controllers on your computer.

What I did is I set the analog stick for moving and the c-buttons for aiming. Z is for shooting A is for jumping, B is for alt-fire. I use the digital pad for switching weapons...ect

Though for a 8 button game pad, you won't be able to move back while shooting since your going to have to use the digital pad for aiming and moving. So pressing right/left would have you turn and move foward instead of just moving backwards, since you wouldn't be able to use another set of keys for aiming...blah blah

k0lpA
29th Oct 2003, 08:09 AM
ok in the key config window ull have more keys :
Gamepad up/down/left/right [these keys will affect your movements as well as your aim (up+left = move left + aim up/left)]
Aim left/rigth/up/down [only change the aim (the up/left thing still work)]

btw, if I make a new version it will not only be a new gametype like it was, u will have a 2DT.exe/2DT.ini and if u change keys it wont affect ut2k3 or other mods... (so that u guys will be able to use up to jump and down to duck ;))

FreakinMeany
29th Oct 2003, 03:09 PM
ACK ACK! There's many Mac OS X people that enjoy your mod! Don't make running an exe a requirement to play or install it, please :D

k0lpA
30th Oct 2003, 06:46 PM
oh.. well.. its just a shortcut to ut2003.exe (or whatever it is for mac..) with a diffrent ini defined..

FreakinMeany
30th Oct 2003, 11:23 PM
lol - then it's no biggie -- as long as it's not a requirement to get it to work :)

NeoNight
1st Nov 2003, 06:56 PM
OMG another 2d mod! with split screen! multiplayer lol can't find the link though..... um its called the Missbehaviours.....

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=18353

:lol:

k0lpA
3rd Nov 2003, 12:56 PM
is it for ut2k3 ? :O

Cursed_Soul
3rd Nov 2003, 02:42 PM
yea, k0lpa 2d mods are getting big fast, you are an hype, and you dont get reginized for it :(

lets wor on our mod good and fast :)
we'll make em all cry.

NeoNight
24th Nov 2003, 05:03 PM
http://www.halflife2d.com/

thats the link to the 2d mod I was talking about before that was based on half life2

master_newbie
9th Dec 2003, 10:04 AM
are you still working on this mod ?

I really like it but it needs (good) maps

I know there are some maps (that even look nice) but they are way too small

there need to be more maps like egypttomb, thats the only one thats playable atm

master_newbie
9th Dec 2003, 11:23 AM
how do you set where the camera is when you create a map ??

master_newbie
9th Dec 2003, 12:35 PM
I see, you have to build the whole map in the x axis :-)

I think I have to create a lot of maps for this mod :B

k0lpA
9th Dec 2003, 12:38 PM
yup, make maps like egypttomb (my favorite one "gameplay") 2D maps needs alot of Z axis cause u can only move up/down left/right.. dont forget it ;)

master_newbie
10th Dec 2003, 05:02 AM
ok I kinda finished the first map :B

there is no lightning or details yet and the textures need more variety but the layout and item placement is complete, you can try it and post suggestions/changes if you like

for the next 2d version you should make the players block each other again

and the redeemer should be flyable in 2d :-)

does this mod have a website ? I hope its not dead because its really fun

NeoNight
10th Dec 2003, 08:15 AM
oh cool if anything 2dT needs more good maps! (just needed people interesting in making them) in any case ill give this map a go

k0lpA
10th Dec 2003, 08:26 AM
I need to reinstall ut2k3 because I formated my disc, when im done ill try ur map ;) I usually like maps like this one anyway :)

oh and no, 2DT doesnt have a website and isnt dead ;) its just that now im coding a whole 2D game with Direct3D so I dont have much time... when ill have a playable version of that game... anyone of u will be interested in trying it ? (the movement control will be like in 2DT, everything is sprites , no mesh, the player is small and there is no story at all lol... for now its a goblin who kicks wolfs asses with guns :rolleyes: )

master_newbie
10th Dec 2003, 09:34 AM
I would like to try your game as soon as its finished, but I hope there will be updates for the 2d ut mod as well :-)

master_newbie
12th Dec 2003, 09:42 AM
for the next version you should re-enable the adrenaline or drop it completely :B

the player animations should be fixed (sometimes you see them looking into the wrong direction, firing from their back...)

a new coop gametype would be great
all the players start at the same position and have to fight their way to the exit
they have to fight against the invasion unreal monsters that are placed in the map (but not randomly and respawning they are just placed by the mapper) would be great for single player as well

:-)

master_newbie
13th Dec 2003, 09:11 AM
hey I have another beta map for you

Its a bit dark but its nice :B
it looks darker on the screenshot than ingame :-)

I tried to make bot paths for Corr and finish it but the bots dont walk around good in the map

is there a trick to make them work good in 2d maps ?

NeoNight
13th Dec 2003, 01:55 PM
Hey!, you know what would take this map to the next level! (no pun intended). Having traps in it! like that amunra deathmatch map someone made.. just a 2d version of it. If you want to check out amunra go here http://www.filefront.com/r.b/filepath__/pub2/Unreal_Tournament_2003/Maps_Levels_Missions/Deathmatch/dm-amunra.zip/_file_limit__ZTdmY2JjYjY0MWNiZjk4YjIzMzVmYWUwMmI5MTZlY2QzMmU5MmNlMmMwOThmZmZm/_page__file_info/_clear__page,filepath/_output.html

FreakinMeany
13th Dec 2003, 02:50 PM
I know there are some maps (that even look nice) but they are way too small
there need to be more maps like egypttomb, thats the only one thats playable atm

There's a few others that are more of a larger size (they're both CTF maps) :)

Check out:

2D-Submarine (http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=143)
http://www.mapraider.com/images/maps/143-1.jpg

and

2DTwinTowers (http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=142)
http://www.mapraider.com/images/maps/142-1.jpg

There's a few others that are in the style of old Nintendo that are good size, but they're difficult to play on :) Here's a list of 2D maps (http://www.mapraider.com/search/index.asp?name=2D&description=&author=&gamesystem=4&size=&gametype=&minplayers=&maxplayers=&gamestyle=&maxfilesize=&genre=&score=0&highscore=10&categoryid=1&categoryscore=0&categoryhighscore=10&showunratedfiles=1&minviewings=&maxviewings=&mindownloads=&maxdownloads=&minratings=&maxratings=&age=0&sortby=name&sortorder=asc&page=1) to checkout.

FreakinMeany
13th Dec 2003, 02:56 PM
hey I have another beta map for you

Master_Newbie: I know your new maps are beta versions, but would it be okay if I added them to Mapraider?

master_newbie
13th Dec 2003, 03:03 PM
Hey!, you know what would take this map to the next level! (no pun intended). Having traps in it! like that amunra deathmatch map someone made.. just a 2d version of it. If you want to check out amunra go here http://www.filefront.com/r.b/filepath__/pub2/Unreal_Tournament_2003/Maps_Levels_Missions/Deathmatch/dm-amunra.zip/_file_limit__ZTdmY2JjYjY0MWNiZjk4YjIzMzVmYWUwMmI5MTZlY2QzMmU5MmNlMmMwOThmZmZm/_page__file_info/_clear__page,filepath/_output.html

yes there is already a trap in it, I like traps as well :-)
above the lava is a room full of ammo and the super shield, you can push a button from the other side and then a wall will come down and squish players in the room :B

I will take a look at that amonra map

edit: that amonra map is really nice, I will add more traps to pyramid :-)

master_newbie
13th Dec 2003, 03:08 PM
Master_Newbie: I know your new maps are beta versions, but would it be okay if I added them to Mapraider?

you can add them if you want, but I want to finish them soon (corr at least)

I guess pyramid will take a few more betas so I doubt it would make sense to add it now

but feel free to do it :-)

master_newbie
15th Dec 2003, 01:16 PM
will the adrenaline moves come back in the next 2d version ?

I need to know if I should put adrenaline pills into the maps :B

and I still need advise for the bot support :-)

master_newbie
18th Dec 2003, 01:53 PM
2d needs the mutant gametype :eek:

master_newbie
19th Dec 2003, 09:26 AM
ok here is 2DDM-Corr (http://608.portal1.clanserver4u.de/files/2DDM-Corr.zip)
http://608.portal1.clanserver4u.de/files/corr.jpg

I only changed small things like texture allignment etc.
there are basic bot paths, they get stuck on some places but its more fun online against real players anyways :-)
I didnt add lightning because I like the clean and bright look of it :B

k0lpA
19th Dec 2003, 02:07 PM
OMG that egyptian map seems great ! lava = cool :P

FreakinMeany
19th Dec 2003, 02:38 PM
will the adrenaline moves come back in the next 2d version ?Wow... that thumbnail is looking pretty sweet!

NeoNight
19th Dec 2003, 06:04 PM
if only k0lpA could release a small patch or something to fix the not being able to turn left or right when using a joystick thingy. *sniff* *sniff* :(

btw great job master newbie! ;)

how about we all get a game of 2dt going sometime?

master_newbie
20th Dec 2003, 12:35 PM
btw great job master newbie! ;)

how about we all get a game of 2dt going sometime?

thanks

a game would be nice :-)

I have the 2d mod installed on my server and sometimes it even gets voted and played :eek:

would be nice if we could meet sometime for a 2d fan match :-)

here are some more shots of pyramid as it currently looks:
I hope to have it ready before christmas :eek:

NeoNight
20th Dec 2003, 02:51 PM
I was just on and I saw the server up, I had problems connecting and had to restart.. but when I tired to get back on the server was gone! :(

master_newbie
20th Dec 2003, 02:57 PM
I was just on and I saw the server up, I had problems connecting and had to restart.. but when I tired to get back on the server was gone! :(

the server is always up, but its not always running 2d

you can vote different gametypes at the end of each match :B

FreakinMeany
20th Dec 2003, 03:55 PM
Wow! Those new shots of 2DDM-Pyramid look awesome! Can't wait for this one to be done.

BTW, Master_Newbie, I did finally get around to adding your two maps to Mapraider. I also mirrored them on FileFront as well, and as soon as Pyramid is released, I'll update it for ya'. Here's the links:

Corr:
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1613

Pyramid:
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1614

master_newbie
20th Dec 2003, 05:17 PM
cool

thank you :-)

NeoNight
20th Dec 2003, 05:19 PM
man that was fun... can't wait to see the 2dDm-pyramid on your server master newbie :p

FreakinMeany
20th Dec 2003, 05:50 PM
I got a server running for a few minutes if anyone wants to play...

[edit]

... welp, sorry I didn't catch any of you online :(

Oh and Master_Newbie - can you make sure you optimize Pyramid? It played a little jerky when I ran it on my server (not sure if it's my machine or what though)

master_newbie
21st Dec 2003, 03:53 AM
man that was fun...

yeah, that were some good games :-)

Oh and Master_Newbie - can you make sure you optimize Pyramid? It played a little jerky when I ran it on my server (not sure if it's my machine or what though)

I noticed the same thing with the beta2, however it played smooth with beta3
dont know what the problem was
before I will release the final version I will give you another beta here so you can test if it runs well

and I got someone else to map for 2d :-)
his name is UTMaster and he is making some duel maps for chaos atm
however I told him we need 2d maps more than duel maps and he said he will make some :-)

he is a 2d fan as well, he played the early versions and he already made a map for it a long time ago (but without releasing it)

now hes back and hopefully we will see maps from him soon :-)

master_newbie
24th Dec 2003, 01:00 PM
ok here is 2DDM-Pyramid-beta4 (http://608.portal1.clanserver4u.de/files/2DDM-Pyramid-beta4.zip)

I hope this will be the final beta, please test it and give some feedback here
(certain areas still too dark or something like that)
and if it runs well for you
I havent tested it online yet but I get about 80-100 fps everywhere in the map when running offline through it, I think thats more than ok

I still need to change some textures (more variety) and I want to add another trap for the final

and I pimped 2DDM-PhobosBase on the official ut2003 forum (http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=339134)
I will do the same with pyramid, I hope this will bring more players to 2D :-)

FreakinMeany
28th Dec 2003, 01:22 PM
Wow. This map is really great! I love all the changes you made to it (i.e. giving it more depth)

I also noticed that it plays a bit smoother when I host a server, which is good. Great work.

master_newbie
28th Dec 2003, 01:55 PM
Wow. This map is really great! I love all the changes you made to it (i.e. giving it more depth)

I also noticed that it plays a bit smoother when I host a server, which is good. Great work.

can you add phobosbase to mapraider please :fluffle:

:mwink:

:-)

FreakinMeany
28th Dec 2003, 02:19 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I also updated the map on Mapraider as well. Here's the link to the latest beta there:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1639

FreakinMeany
28th Dec 2003, 02:24 PM
can you add phobosbase to mapraider please

Already did (http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1638) :) By the way, if you create an account on Mapraider, I can assign the maps to your account so you can manage them easily yourself (and take advantage of the version controls/history it has built in).

I love your maps and hope you don't get bored of making 'em :)

master_newbie
28th Dec 2003, 03:16 PM
Already did (http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1638) :) By the way, if you create an account on Mapraider, I can assign the maps to your account so you can manage them easily yourself (and take advantage of the version controls/history it has built in).

I love your maps and hope you don't get bored of making 'em :)

ah thanks :-)

I guess I have to create an account then :)

and you can count on a lot of more maps from me :B

master_newbie
30th Dec 2003, 10:44 AM
I registered at mapraider now :-)

my account name is "FU"

:fluffle:

FreakinMeany
30th Dec 2003, 12:55 PM
Awesome - and I've assigned your maps to your account (http://www.mapraider.com/member/?memberid=1657) as you can see. If you have any problems/questions, just holler.

master_newbie
30th Dec 2003, 01:33 PM
:tup:

thank you :-)

I hope to have more maps ready soon

the ctf version of phobos is kinda complete, I would like to release a beta for you to test if everything is ok but my webspace does not work today, I will give you the beta tomorrow :p

pyramid is still almost finished, but Im not in the mood to make botpaths for the huge map atm :p

and Ive been working on a BR map for a while that is almost complete as well (even botpaths are finished) but its needs some more lightning and details

:B

k0lpA
30th Dec 2003, 02:03 PM
:o u are the 2D map beast :O

master_newbie
31st Dec 2003, 04:38 AM
2DCTF-PhobosBase-beta (http://608.portal1.clanserver4u.de/files/2DCTF-PhobosBase-beta.zip)

suggestions are welcome because Im not too satisfied with it

bot pathing needs work, and Im not sure if I should leave the scoreboards in

:hmm:

FreakinMeany
3rd Jan 2004, 05:03 AM
Awesome! A lot of fun (even if the bots are stupid)

The only thing that I really noticed was that I often ended up just going straight back and forth between the flags. It'd be nice if the flags were raised a bit - and more difficult to get to (floating on some platform somewhere perhaps)?

That way, you have to work your way up into the higher levels during play.

Other than that - awesome. Great 2D CTF map!

master_newbie
17th Jan 2004, 10:03 AM
:hmm:

sorry for not replying sooner

I didnt start unrealed once in the last 2 weeks :(

but today I did and changed ctf-phobosbase a bit (flags are now on a higher platform)
I will give you a download link to test it as soon as my webspace works again :mad:

and I think there needs to be a 2DBR version of phobosbase as well :-)

edit: oops, I completely forgot you can attach files, so here is the beta :B

FreakinMeany
17th Jan 2004, 06:00 PM
Look great! I'll check it out more when I have a chance, but at first glance I like that the flags are now a little more challenging to navigate to -- and there's a lot more incentive to go up so you can drop down on your opponents side.

Awesome - and DEFINITELY make a BR version! :tup: