PDA

View Full Version : AliensINV

Pages : [1] 2

barnEbiss
13th Jun 2003, 08:41 PM
Just played the aliens mut, and I must say I really like it :) nice job.
How soon until the next release??

barnEbiss
18th Aug 2003, 12:07 AM
Um are there any new updates for the above add-on?
Or is it dead?

Kangus
18th Aug 2003, 01:18 AM
I haven't heard anything from EvilEngine in ages.... I think Doc Wong was working on some modified behaviour for them a while back though

dwax
18th Aug 2003, 01:58 PM
Aliens mut???Where did you find that? can you leave a link?

barnEbiss
18th Aug 2003, 02:30 PM
If itís ok with Kangus I will post a link to the mut

Kangus
18th Aug 2003, 04:00 PM
go ahead.... the only reason the old link is gone is because of BuF's data loss

EvilDrWong
18th Aug 2003, 06:18 PM
Ive altered them a bit so that they dont have assaultrifles anymore (WTF?!) and they actually seem a bit more alienesque, so to say. Theys even got detachable limbs and a cheap form of locational damage :D I can put it up after Mr. Ebiss takes care of the original link ;)

barnEbiss
18th Aug 2003, 06:47 PM
I dont have the old link, but you can get it here
AliensINV (http://www.uskaarj.com/AlienINV.zip)

barnEbiss
19th Aug 2003, 09:10 AM
Ok I posted the link now its your turn :D

dwax
19th Aug 2003, 02:31 PM
Umm is AliensINV mut for UT2k3? no read me in the file.

Kangus
19th Aug 2003, 03:23 PM
Aliens INVis for 2k3 and requires you to have my Horde Control mutator.... which there must be a link to somewhere around here...
/me looks under rock

EvilDrWong
20th Aug 2003, 03:47 AM
:eek: New version below

EvilDrWong
20th Aug 2003, 08:02 AM
Well, does it suck?

adv1
20th Aug 2003, 09:05 AM
Well, does it suck?I just played it for about 20 minutes, and I like it a lot.
The Aliens are much better (and scarier!) now they lunge at you instead of using weapons.

Nice work :)

barnEbiss
20th Aug 2003, 12:53 PM
I love it :) great work :tup:
Not really sure about their scream. I think stick with the default alien sound; since that was the most common sound I could here in the Alien movie
Oh and can you slow them down just a tad bit so they arenít such a blur?

dwax
20th Aug 2003, 03:28 PM
Aliens INVis for 2k3 and requires you to have my Horde Control mutator.... which there must be a link to somewhere around here...
/me looks under rock

What happend Kangus? that rock fall on ya? The Horde Control mutator,would be nice to have. :p

adv1
20th Aug 2003, 03:34 PM
BTW, does anyone have any advice on how best to set up Invasion and Horde Control for offline play? What settings are good?

It's just that with the settings I'm using at the moment, if I play an offline match with a couple of bots against these aliens, I'm lucky to make it past the first few waves. All the aliens across the map just seem to head straight for my position and charge at me 'till I'm dead.
It's been a while since I played Invasion online but I don't remember the monsters behaving like that, I thought they mostly stayed where they were until they spotted you, and then they go for you. So am I setting something wrong? Thanks

P.S. Dwax, I found Horde Control here : http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/wod/WyRM-HC-r1.zip

EvilDrWong
20th Aug 2003, 05:27 PM
Not really sure about their scream...
It randomly selects from a list.. which one was the default? ill make that one more likely to play :)
Oh and can you slow them down just a tad bit so they arenít such a blur?
Will you put down your rocket launcher and make it fair for them? No?

Just kidding :P Ill slow em down a little. Aim for the legs though, it slows em down when you pop one of them off.

Kangus
20th Aug 2003, 05:30 PM
yay! somebody found the link! now if only somebody could find the patch that I uploaded to the forum....

[SECONDS LATER....]

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62212

that fixes a few issues with HC and makes the included monsters a lot cooler.

barnEbiss
25th Aug 2003, 06:50 PM
So when can we expect to see the updated version with the slower aliens :D

EvilDrWong
25th Aug 2003, 09:36 PM
Oh yeah, heh... forgot about that... How much slower do you want them to be? ATM i think theyre at 660 groundspeed, ive lowered it to 515 and theyre a bit easier to avoid (though they still pounce at light speed) but if youve got a good number in mind ill go with it.

barnEbiss
25th Aug 2003, 10:06 PM
Well as long as I can keep a good distance between me and a horde of them I am happy :), also can you make there leap a little less far? I have been having them leap at me from over 30 feet away

Looking forwards to seeing the next version :)

EvilDrWong
25th Aug 2003, 10:44 PM
Oh yeah, no problem. I forgot to make gibs pop off when you dismember them, so i fixed that and its a bit easier to tell when youve done some good damage. Im thinking about making custom animations for em, but it seems like thatd be a bit of overkill for just one monster... so in that sense i was thinking of making a few more 'subspecies' of aliens... any ideas, or is that just a stupid idea?

edit: Attached a new version. Slowed em down a bit (maybe too much?) and fixed up a few minor things. Any suggestions?

Dirty_Ape
26th Aug 2003, 04:04 AM
I have not tried the new slow version yet but the one I have has the aliens with arms still in gun-holding positions,which does not look too clever.They do kind of look like they are cradling an invisible baby.

Shame since other wise they look superb.If you want a hand animating them ill give it a go,when im not doing Zombies.Male Zombie now being weighted.

EvilDrWong
26th Aug 2003, 04:53 AM
Ill watch Aliens a couple times to get a good feel for what it should look like, then ill go ahead and give them new walk/run/attack anims (probably new crouching/crouch attack anims as well, since they seem to love to crouch for some reason :con: ) Ill also give em a Krall styled 'I have no legs' crawling type animation, for when you pop their knees off (right now they just die if you blow their legs off, but its always been a goal to add a crawling anim instead of instant death)
But, TBH, im a crap animator, so itll take me a while :p

adv1
26th Aug 2003, 11:14 AM
Hey, I just tried the latest version and had an awesome match. Great work, keeps getting better. Using the pulse rifle (http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=15556) against those aliens is very cool :)

Also, you should make a new post about it on the official User Maps & Mods forum, if you want, so more people can try it out and make suggestions.

EvilDrWong
26th Aug 2003, 12:03 PM
Ive wanted to register at INA for a while but sadly, i cannot because they frown on my hotmail account :( If you want you can make a thread there and if anyone suggests anything i can try and take care of it in a timely manner ;)

adv1
26th Aug 2003, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I can post it. Send me a PM, with anything you want me to put in the post - ie. description of the mut, screenshots, instructions, links to the necessary files, etc.

Then I can make a new thread about it (and I'll put a link to this thread in as well).

EvilDrWong
26th Aug 2003, 10:19 PM
:eek: heh, i was kinda kidding. Anyway, id rather the people here like it than have to deal with the incessant bitching whats commonplace over at INA. :)

adv1
27th Aug 2003, 07:06 AM
Er...OK. Shame though, 'coz it means most people will never know about this cool mut except the few who look at this thread.
You could put it up on some of the big file sites like UT2003HQ and UT2003Files.com, that way you could get lots more people to download it without having to deal with forums etc. :)

Dirty_Ape
27th Aug 2003, 09:48 AM
adv1 is bang on.It would be a great shame for this to slip past without as many people getting to enjoy it as possible.

Thats what the on-line community thing is all about.

It is a great mut.The slow version plays really well.More fun than official Aliens games.Just blow away endless hordes of the buggers.I love it.

Everyone likes to kill Aliens.Its genetic xenophobia...or something.Get it out there.

barnEbiss
29th Aug 2003, 10:57 AM
If it gets to big it might get ďFOXEDĒ
I think just let a few people who want to blast alien bugs in Ut2k3 know about it

barnEbiss
31st Aug 2003, 02:33 PM
You know what would be great :) get the queen added in :)
She should show up as the last alien in the wav and be really hard to kill ďthat is if you donít have HEĒ and should spawn with a primal shriek

barnEbiss
1st Sep 2003, 05:05 PM
Last night I took a break from working on my mod, and decided to play a little AlienINV I had killed all the aliens but for one that was hiding somewhere on the map. Then when I came over the sand dune I found him practicing kicking. Strange never seen this before I paused a short bit in my bug hunting to take a screen shot before I blew that bugger away :)
http://uskaarj.com/AlienKick.jpg

adv1
1st Sep 2003, 06:13 PM
What, you never saw an Alien do kung-fu before? :)

Nice pic. I gotta say, I'm playing Alien Invasion every day now and I just love it. Great mod.
Alien Invasion + realistic weapons (eg. Remote Strike mod) + Sentinel cannon + UT map remakes = just awesome :)

Also, I like the idea of a Queen, that would be cool. Imagine if it was the size of one of those flying warlord-things from normal Invasion, and you ran round a corner and found yourself facing one of them :eek:

EvilDrWong
1st Sep 2003, 07:05 PM
barn: just kicking?! What the hell? :P were you running Kakutou or somethin? Thats nuts... if i knew they could do that, id make them goosestep around the level, cause that would be humorous.

edit: If I add the queen, itll inflate the filesize a bunch... is the tradeoff worth it? I mean... a big ass alien queen that... queens around... all queeny...

barnEbiss
1st Sep 2003, 07:57 PM
Yah go a head add her in :)
I would love to be able to fight her as the last alien in the wave :)
And fix those pesky face huggers also so that they really work ;)

Oh and no I did not have Kakutou running I think it was just karma setting in ;)

EvilDrWong
1st Sep 2003, 11:05 PM
do this, do that, do my homework. Who am i, your bitch? Id love to fix the facehuggers, but they have no skeleton :con: Ill see if i cant get ahold of EE and try and get the original models off him, and if so, ill try and rig the face hugger.

adv1
2nd Sep 2003, 05:32 PM
I just tried Alien Invasion with that NightHunters Flashlight (http://www.planetunreal.com/nighthunters/main.html) mutator on the DM-NH-Asbestos map, and it was damn scary, try it if you dare :)

barnEbiss
2nd Sep 2003, 11:34 PM
And here we see aliens doing synchronized swimming :)

http://uskaarj.com/AlienSwim class.jpg

Dirty_Ape
3rd Sep 2003, 04:52 AM
They could do with those rubber swimming caps with flowers on....and goggles....and torpedo launch tubes on the side of their heads.

master_newbie
6th Sep 2003, 03:49 AM
this is a great invasion mod, but there should be a huge alien queen as endboss or something like that

EvilDrWong
6th Sep 2003, 01:09 PM
this is a great invasion mod, but there should be a huge alien queen as endboss or something like that
Ive only got 2 hands and tons of free time... what more do you people want from me?! ;)

master_newbie
7th Sep 2003, 03:33 AM
I installed alien invasion on my server for the last 2 days and it was very funny

all the people were wondering what it is

but we found a bug with it: when you kill the aliens with translocator they freeze at their current position and dont disappear

EvilDrWong
7th Sep 2003, 03:39 AM
Then dont do it ;) Thanks though, ive been wondering where that bug comes from for ages. Ill try and get it fixed asap.

Romanov
22nd Sep 2003, 05:35 PM
hey this is very cool what a mute!

barnEbiss
12th Oct 2003, 10:10 PM
Is there an ETA on when there will be a update :D

Romanov
13th Oct 2003, 06:10 PM
yep me too , also is there any central place where you can get the fiels involved the links arnt working now :(

Yakomo
14th Oct 2003, 08:42 AM
yay! somebody found the link! now if only somebody could find the patch that I uploaded to the forum....

[SECONDS LATER....]

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62212

that fixes a few issues with HC and makes the included monsters a lot cooler.

@ Kangus:

Can you release a new version of HC? We got version conflicts now on our server cause the Invasion_Kang on the public redirect is the patched version but all our clients already got the r1 version. So no way to update now. :(

Kangus
14th Oct 2003, 09:06 AM
I should hopefully be updating soon, if at very least publicly releasing the patch integrated into the main zip file so you won't have that problem anymore..... and maybe a new monster or two. midterms atm though.

Cerebron
15th Oct 2003, 08:07 PM
This is the biggest secret ever! I almost feel cheated! You miserable #$!$#!'s!!
It's worse than having teh UT2004 demo and not sharing!!!!

Oh, well, if you wanna call it beta, I'll feel better. I found AlienINV at EvilEngine's site, by happenstance. I check it periodicaly forr new models, and boom! This is truely one of the greatest. Please continue work on it, and keep us informed!

EvilDrWong
15th Oct 2003, 08:44 PM
Is there an ETA on when there will be a update :D
cripes... once again, forgot about it... :con: Any suggestions as to fixes or changes youd like to see?

barnEbiss
15th Oct 2003, 10:20 PM
Get the Queen in then I will be happy :)

Kangus
16th Oct 2003, 01:05 AM
hey everybody.... you know how the Wave Editor in Horde Control doesn't work right?
WELL IT DOES NOW!!!

EvilDrWong
16th Oct 2003, 02:07 AM
Yeah, way to cocktease. HEY EVERYONE IVE GOT SOMETHING THAT YOU WANT!!
im n ur base killin ur doods

Kangus
21st Oct 2003, 11:05 AM
hey kids: PATCH TIME!
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=118438

vulture987
26th Oct 2003, 07:54 PM
hahaha you guys kick ass man, thats all i know. new anims would be nice, and if you need ideas for "subspecies" there were TONS in the comics. My favs were Mantis Aliens (semi transparent and green, huge jumps and melee) Bull alien (Reddish brown and horned, quadroped, rams like a nalicow), and the Queen aliens (you know the drill there). The ones that you made already were called Warrior Aliens. There were also these Panther Aliens that were alot like the basic ones but the crawled and jumped alot more. Goofy ****, I know, but they are good mod fodder.

Sidenote- Did any of you guys play Alien Verses Predator Arcade? it was a sidescroller beat em up that looked sorta anime-y. You played either as a marine, this karate chick, or one of two predators (one had a spear, the other throwing disk or somthing). Reminded me of a super violent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game.

Smoke39
26th Oct 2003, 08:06 PM
I think I might have an action figure of one of those bull aliens lying around somewhere. Spikes come outa its head when you lower it. Or maybe it was some other alien. I also have a spidery one with a hooked tail that can drag peopl into its arms or something.

EvilDrWong
26th Oct 2003, 10:16 PM
Sidenote- Did any of you guys play Alien Verses Predator Arcade? it was a sidescroller beat em up that looked sorta anime-y. You played either as a marine, this karate chick, or one of two predators (one had a spear, the other throwing disk or somthing). Reminded me of a super violent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game.
heh, thats what gave me the idea :p my brother got an arcade emu on his XBox and i hadnt played Aliens Arcade in years... so me and a chummer took a stab at it and of course i thought "hey, thatd be kinda cool in UT!" :p

adv1
29th Oct 2003, 08:06 AM
http://www.btinternet.com/~advanceone/utpics/alienvsp.jpg

Alien vs Predator running on Final Burn Alpha arcade emulator

...yeah, it's cool, a rather mad beat'em-up, I still play it occasionally

I love all these Alien games, one of my other arcade favourites is Alien 3 - The Gun, an on-rails shooter where hundreds of Aliens rush at the screen for you to blow away, great stuff :)

barnEbiss
29th Oct 2003, 08:40 AM
About adding other aliens, I think it would be best to keep it simple with the few aliens that are in now and finish the mutator by adding the queen in.

barnEbiss
10th Nov 2003, 05:16 PM
So EvilDrWong Are you going to put out a final version??

EvilDrWong
10th Nov 2003, 11:25 PM
mr. barn, you are the biggest pain in my ass ;) do you have a link to EvilEngine's site, so i can grab the Alien queen model again? i promise, if you get me a link ill do it before friday!

barnEbiss
11th Nov 2003, 12:06 AM
Dam I donít have the link for the alien queen model :(
I will have a look around and see if I can find it, or anyone that has it.

EvilDrWong
11th Nov 2003, 08:59 AM
ok, found the pack. I guess this one is the 'light' (still 12 megs...) version that doesnt have invisible predators... :p If you dont want to download it im sure i can find a way to pull just the queen and her skin out and include it with the mute
http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=19134

edit: is it just me, or does anyone else think its kinda weird when youve gotta download your own mute?

barnEbiss
11th Nov 2003, 10:30 AM
Marks Friday on his calendar :D
Best to just get the queen and texture out ;) keep the file size as small as possible :cool:

EvilDrWong
11th Nov 2003, 11:03 AM
yeah, thankfully each model has its own ukx and utx :) any suggestions while youve still got my attention? ;)

barnEbiss
11th Nov 2003, 11:15 AM
Ahem
Acid for blood if you have the time to get it in. then this mutator will be complete :)

EvilDrWong
11th Nov 2003, 11:23 AM
The best ill be able to give you is radius damage or a trace along the angle of the shot... unless gibs are replicated, if thats the case then i could just have them do damage on touch. I was thinking about it, and as much as id really love to do it, itd be a pain in the ass to do right without seriously hacking through a bunch of things... unless hacks are acceptable... ;)

barnEbiss
11th Nov 2003, 11:48 AM
Yes hacks are acceptable :)

EvilDrWong
11th Nov 2003, 12:02 PM
ok, one last question :) You know of anywhere thats got a bunch of xenomorph sounds? Id like to get a few specifically for the queen, but google is coughing up nothing but conspiracy websites (i suppose i should have expected it searching for "Aliens Sounds" :p)

barnEbiss
11th Nov 2003, 12:31 PM
here use this one for now I will ask my friend he will know about finding them ;)

EvilDrWong
11th Nov 2003, 12:43 PM
Kick ass! i hope this monster doesnt suck :p all this buildup for no release would be such a let down... :(

EvilDrWong
12th Nov 2003, 02:38 PM
im making new attack animations right now, figure theyre in need of some updating (come on, sometimes theyll run up and hump you to do damage... funny, but totally out of character :p) Ive got three down, figure ill add two more and call it good. I wish that he had used a skeleton that could take advantage of the tail (or the secondary jaws) Would have made these attack anims look a bit more... interesting?

Update: Figured out what was breaking the xenos when they got telefragged, so now they should explode whenever you telefrag them :) The new attack anims look much better than before, so now i guess i get to try and give them some crawling anims, since they look stupid crouching around like they do :) new gibs are in and the 'acid splash' is kinda cool. The zip might end up being a bit bigger than originally expected, since the blood textures arent clamped right... but bear with me, im just fixing things ;)

Another update: the new gibs make the aliens about 8 times more challenging (read: annoying) Dunno if im gonna keep em though, cause it makes the game a serious bitch to get through just a couple waves considering walking the wrong way can get you "Dissolved by acid blood" :)

DeeZNutZ
13th Nov 2003, 10:34 AM
Another update: the new gibs make the aliens about 8 times more challenging (read: annoying) Dunno if im gonna keep em though, cause it makes the game a serious bitch to get through just a couple waves considering walking the wrong way can get you "Dissolved by acid blood"
With many of the Invasion servers running the RPG mod, annoying/challenging is a good thing.
People running around with 1500+ health points don't die easily.
I'm running out of beasts that can actually kill these folks.
Bring them ON!!! :D
DeeZ

barnEbiss
13th Nov 2003, 11:36 AM
well my colony map is just about ready for me to play the new version on :)

EvilDrWong
13th Nov 2003, 02:09 PM
How about those sounds barn? You cant expect a revision like this without a little in return ;)
Ive extended their melee range by a bit, plus given them one or two more points of damage. Finally fixed up all their anim sets, so instead of sitting still while crouching, theyll actually move their legs! :p I also fixed up the damage effect overlay problem, so now they dont turn invisible if you shoot them with the shock, link secondary, or LtG. I clamped the blood splats too, so it doesnt tile all over anymore. They move faster when theyre crouched, but they dont realize that yet (oops) so ill probably fix that up after i get done virus scanning... Ill more than likely post another revision on monday that should give the aliens a few more animations and maybe a surprise or two, if im not totally sick of this thing by then :p
I cant tell you for sure that the acid blood will work perfectly with UTRPG, but ill see what i can do. What id suggest is stop playing INV-RPG, since the whole idea of shooting a bagillion flak shards at the helpless little monsters turns my stomach... you bad person! :mad:

EvilDrWong
13th Nov 2003, 02:11 PM
I am psychic! Someone is going to say that they just noticed the Xenomorph at the bottom of the list!

Mad Max RW
13th Nov 2003, 02:13 PM
Man, I just figured it out a second before you replied. I totally missed Xenomorph at the bottom of the list. This is great stuff. You got something really special in your hands.

barnEbiss
13th Nov 2003, 02:29 PM
I am still looking for the sounds ;)
do you just want the sounds for the queen or also for the drones?

EvilDrWong
13th Nov 2003, 02:31 PM
Just the queen, please. There are a couple queenish sounds in the package, but it never hurts to have more variety ;)

barnEbiss
13th Nov 2003, 02:45 PM
here how about these :)

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 08:33 AM
woo, 82nd post in this thread!! And as a symbol of that accomplishment, heres two pictures of the aliens crawling around :)

ActionHaNk
14th Nov 2003, 12:09 PM
Very nice job wongy

(runs away before wong notices his avatar)

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 12:11 PM
that avatar seriously creeps me out... what the hell is he so happy about? Did he just eat my soul through the computer screen?!

ActionHaNk
14th Nov 2003, 12:27 PM
I think he's just a merry man :D

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 12:44 PM
And by merry do you mean hes happy that its friday and this thing is finally getting an update? If thats the case, i guess he isnt such a creepy dude... i still want my soul back though :con:

barnEbiss
14th Nov 2003, 02:09 PM
did those last sounds I posted help?

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 04:38 PM
They were predator sounds actually. But if you want i can stick em ingame and see how well they fit.
You still want the queen to show up as the last monster in the wave, or are you going to save me the trouble and just let me add them as an extra selectable monster?

barnEbiss
14th Nov 2003, 08:30 PM
The alien crawl looks sweet :) canít wait to see it in game :)
And yah go-ahead and add the queen into the list, as a selectable monster type.
Are you sure those where preditor sounds? I got them from and alien Fan site and they where listed as Alien hisses.
And here are some new pics from Archon15 Colony map.

barnEbiss
14th Nov 2003, 08:34 PM

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 08:46 PM
Well, i thought they sounded a bit predatorial... but i could be mistaken, i was up for a very long time yesterday working on this :p
Its going to be so hard to see them on that map... :D the drones are actually pretty tough to notice when theyre crawling (which they do a whole lot, thanks to a custom controller) but, since it looked real weird, the queen doesnt crawl (plus shes gigantic, its hard to miss something that freaking big :p)

And.... Do you have any space i could store this bad chicken?

barnEbiss
14th Nov 2003, 08:58 PM
The map is a little dark because I have not tweaked lights yet :)
Oh and just send me the file and I will upload it to my FTP and post the link here

barnEbiss
14th Nov 2003, 09:10 PM
barnebiss@beyondunreal.com

so will it be ready tonight??
I am going to be up late working so I will be able to upload it as soon as you send me it :)

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 09:19 PM
Yeah, im messing with the queen right now as ive only just now got around to adding her... been so busy playing with the new drones i sorta forgot i had more to do ;)

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 09:57 PM
Ok, mail sent. If any problems arise, im always online and its not very hard to get ahold of me :p
I hope everyone likes it, ive lost alot of sleep over this thing in the past couple days :con:

barnEbiss
14th Nov 2003, 11:13 PM
Ok here it is :D
New Version (http://www.uskaarj.com/EDWMutes.zip)

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 11:24 PM
Thank you so very much for hosting this, motivating me to actually work on it, and helpin me out with sounds! +10 points for you

barnEbiss
14th Nov 2003, 11:54 PM
Oops sorry forgot to put the www and .com part into the url above link fixed :)
now to get back to work on my map :) oh and the aliens are really cool when they come out of the vents :eek:

EvilDrWong
14th Nov 2003, 11:57 PM
when they come out of the vents?! Sweet!! What about the queen? kinda crappy, i know :( Ill try and give her some better animations over the weekend, as well as an attempt to fix the stupid "im holding an invisible gun" look that they all have when theyre standing.

8mm_BuLLEt
15th Nov 2003, 07:23 AM
aliens coming out of vents? thats cool! better get sombody to what you ass.

master_newbie
15th Nov 2003, 10:25 AM
download link ?? :-)

Kangus
15th Nov 2003, 11:07 AM
look a few posts up. Post #97 I believe

EvilDrWong
15th Nov 2003, 03:48 PM
Ok... now... for the important part:
Whats broken? Kang said something about them just plain not showing up... care to elaborate? This pack still requires that youve got the original AlienInv that EE made, so if you dont it wont work... Anybodies have suggestions to make it more gooder?

Mad Max RW
15th Nov 2003, 05:04 PM
The new version is brilliant. The acid blood is the perfect touch. The running animations could use some work, but gameplay is nearly perfect. I hope you go further with this thing. A full blown AvP mod would be very sweet. Everything is already there, it just has to be tied together.

So far you haven't been "foxed" because your mod isn't advertised like others. If you keep inside the community and don't treat it like a commercial product then they can't touch you.

EvilDrWong
15th Nov 2003, 05:18 PM
Thanks! :D I did notice one glaring problem though... Play with them on DM-CPB-Elegance (reminds me of the atmosphere processor from Aliens ;)) and watch as they stand on the railings or small ledges... and just stare... I apologize for not noticing such an obvious problem beforehand :( Expect a fix for that (and one or two other problems that have cropped up) in the next few days.

barnEbiss
15th Nov 2003, 06:01 PM
ok here is a test build of my map its not all the way done still alot of work needs done on it, but its a real blast so far :) oh and any comments are welcome.
and I did not make any of the colony texts angelhart made them.

DM-Archon15-Colony.zip (www.uskaarj.com/DM-Archon15-Colony.zip)
Tell me if there are any files missing and I will add them. also make sure the brightness is not to bright in your settings ;)

adv1
15th Nov 2003, 06:30 PM
Ok... now... for the important part:
Whats broken? Kang said something about them just plain not showing up... care to elaborate? This pack still requires that youve got the original AlienInv that EE made, so if you dont it wont work... Anybodies have suggestions to make it more gooder?
I've also been having problems with the latest version myself - the aliens either don't show up at all or there's a different monster instead.
I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

EvilDrWong
15th Nov 2003, 06:39 PM
I've also been having problems with the latest version myself - the aliens either don't show up at all or there's a different monster instead.
I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.
Ok, i know its a pain, but could you go ingame again and run around for a while with a 100% xeno setup, then send me your UT2003.log? The sooner i can fix this the sooner i will stop feeling like a jackass :p

barnEbiss
15th Nov 2003, 07:52 PM
Hey wong you try out my map yet??? :D

EvilDrWong
15th Nov 2003, 07:54 PM
RL issues are preventing me from doing much more than try and defuse a hostile situation atm, but i definately will as soon as possible.

DeeZNutZ
15th Nov 2003, 09:52 PM
Looks like I'm missing a file?
My server kicks this error on starup:
Warning: Failed to load 'AlienQueentex': Can't find file for package 'AlienQueentex'
Warning: Failed to load 'AlienQueen': Can't find file for package 'AlienQueentex'
Warning: Failed to load 'EDWMutes': Can't find file for package 'AlienQueentex'
Critical: Failed to load 'EDWMutes': Can't find file for package 'AlienQueentex'
DeeZ

EvilDrWong
15th Nov 2003, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Adv1 just sent me his log and i just about punched myself in the face for such a glaring error. Im so sorry about this, i feel like a total jackass. For anyone who wants the fix, email me at EvilDrWong@the-cleaner.de and ill send you the updated packages. barnEbiss, if i could get you to update the package, id be very greatful.

barnEbiss
15th Nov 2003, 10:08 PM
Yah sure send me the file and I will upload it again no problem :)

DeeZNutZ
15th Nov 2003, 10:17 PM
EvilDoc,
No worries! Tired and hurried, I've done this kind of thing about 20 times myself.
Email sent, and I can also host it if you'd like. :D
DeeZNutZ

barnEbiss
15th Nov 2003, 10:26 PM
I think it is best to keep the file on one server ;)

master_newbie
16th Nov 2003, 06:43 AM
can you zip up the latest version somewhere complete without the need of installing other stuff before that as well to get it work it dont like that :B

DeeZNutZ
16th Nov 2003, 12:24 PM
No offense was meant, barnEbiss.
I know you contributed quite a bit to EvilDoc's work here.
I was merely offering an alternate host site. :D
DeeZ

barnEbiss
16th Nov 2003, 01:14 PM
And as Hicks says :)
ďAnd none takenĒ

EvilDrWong
16th Nov 2003, 03:34 PM
can you zip up the latest version somewhere complete without the need of installing other stuff before that as well to get it work it dont like that :B
What do you mean? Packaging both AlienINV and EDWMutes together? or WyRM, AlienINV and EDWMutes? I believe barn is still hosting AlienINV, and kang has more than likely posted a link or two to WyRM in this thread...

adv1
16th Nov 2003, 03:44 PM
EvilDrWong, you'll be pleased to hear that I just tried putting in the latest files from barnEbiss' link.. and saw lots of aliens crawling around, as well as some nasty big queen aliens :eek:

Thanks loads for fixing this, now I'm off to blast some aliens ;)

barnEbiss
16th Nov 2003, 04:09 PM
ok I uploaded the fixed version wong sent me :cool: the above link should now have the fixed version :)

EvilDrWong
16th Nov 2003, 04:11 PM
Thank you muchly :D

adv1
16th Nov 2003, 05:58 PM
Hey barnEbiss I just tried the test build of your Colony map - it's very nice work so far, and I think when it's finished it could be a really great map and just right for AlienINV.

barnEbiss
16th Nov 2003, 09:17 PM
I uploaded a new version ;) added more air ducts and the aliens now can get at you in med lab they will not just stick in the air ducts now :) right now working on the other rooms layouts so it will be a little bit before they are done.

adv1
17th Nov 2003, 08:32 AM
Hi, here's a quick list of some problems/issues I had with the Colony map - although I know it isn't finished yet, so you're probably already aware of these points:

- no weapons/pickups
- bots sometimes seem to crowd together in one room and won't go anywhere else
- brush holes/gaps in some walls such as certain parts of the ducts
- yesterday I noticed one of the sliding doors slide backwards into the wall rather than sideways when I touched it

By the way, being chased by a crawling alien through those ducts is damn scary :)

barnEbiss
17th Nov 2003, 10:52 AM
Yah I know about those problems and some are already fixed ;) right now working on getting the last of the air ducts in then I am going to finish adding in the last of the rooms like "baths, Dinning rooms and Ops" then fix the lighting on the inside of the colony. then I am going to start work on the outside.

Also I have to find out how to make it so the aliens can activate the doors so once they drop into a room or spawn in it they are not stuck.

And yah I already fixed that door bug ;)

But you are happy with how it is turning out so far?

adv1
17th Nov 2003, 12:13 PM
But you are happy with how it is turning out so far?Yeah - it's really got that 'Aliens' atmosphere, I like it a lot.

EvilDrWong, making the alien crawl is a great feature and makes it seem much more of an 'animal', and looks very cool :)

EvilDrWong
17th Nov 2003, 01:49 PM
Also I have to figure out how to make it so the aliens can activate the doors so once they drop into a room or spawn in it they are not stuck.
Change the trigger's Trigger Type to TT_PawnProximity... or if youre not using a trigger to open the doors, change the mover's bump type to BT_PawnBump

EvilDrWong
17th Nov 2003, 08:22 PM
For anyone who cares, im making a Smartgun type weapon for ****s and giggles. Itll be included with the next update, along with one or two more goodies of which im not decided upon quite yet.

barnEbiss
18th Nov 2003, 12:33 AM
I donít mean to rain on the party but I was just thinking it would be better to do a separate mutator that was a weapons mutator and then another one that was a motion tracker replacer. So this did not become a full-blown mod and stayed as simple mutators :D

barnEbiss
18th Nov 2003, 05:13 PM
another ingame pic :D I fixed the bsp holes in the airducts :) and am right now working on the other rooms :)

barnEbiss
19th Nov 2003, 09:11 PM
ok here are some new pics :)
colony ops room is begining to shape up :)
and some pics of the temp APS I have added to the level when I am done I will replace the temp model there with a much better one ;)

barnEbiss
20th Nov 2003, 04:25 PM
Wong do you need anymore sounds??

EvilDrWong
20th Nov 2003, 07:33 PM
Im satisfied as is, but if you all think they need more go ahead and shoot em over.

barnEbiss
20th Nov 2003, 07:51 PM
no no the aliens sounds are fine :) I meant sounds for any weapons you might be adding in ;)

EvilDrWong
20th Nov 2003, 08:38 PM
oh, hell yeah :D
I guess for convenience's sake I can keep the packages seperate... *grumble grumble grumble*

edit: I redownloaded the map and went cruisin around a little. I found three open seams in the vents, but i only managed to screenshot two of them with location info :(
first one's somewhere around X= -2960, Y= -2768, Z= -7145 (Big block of missing polies on the floor where the square vent section connects to the slanted vent section)
second one's around X= -3787, Y= -169, Z= -7391 (on the ceiling right next to the light where the two vent sections connect)

barnEbiss
22nd Nov 2003, 11:21 PM
Yes I fixed those BSP problems three builds ago ;)

EvilDrWong
23rd Nov 2003, 06:33 AM
gah, dont change the zip and i wont think im playing the newest version ;)

barnEbiss
24th Nov 2003, 10:56 AM
I will upload the new version soon ;)

barnEbiss
5th Dec 2003, 09:02 PM
Heya how is work on the next version coming :)?
Will it be ready for xmas??
And do you use mirc? If so what channel can I find you on?

EvilDrWong
5th Dec 2003, 09:25 PM
Yeah, itll be ready for christmas. Im trying out a couple experimental ideas as to semi-addons, as well as playing around with new animations. Im not sure what to do with the aliens though, so any suggestions would be great :) I know the queen needs work, but otherwise im satisfied with the drones.
I cant use MIRC actually :p im on a shared connection and my brother has the mirc ports routed to his computer. I could get on when his computer is off, but the liklihood of that happening are slim to none :p

barnEbiss
7th Dec 2003, 05:11 PM
Cool can't wait to try it out :)

barnEbiss
7th Dec 2003, 05:38 PM
Eggs are one time attacks but can be fried or blasted by the player. If close the player activates it, it will open and a face hugger will spawn.

Smoke39
7th Dec 2003, 06:35 PM
I like that idea. It'd be fun to see baby aliens bursting from your team mates' chests.

adv1
7th Dec 2003, 06:57 PM
Inspired by Alien Invasion, I decided to buy Alien vs Predator 2 the other day, and I'm enjoying it a lot - awesome game.

For some reason the original A vs P didn't really grab me, but I really like this one.

Very scary at times, and the attention to detail is impressive - for instance, that scene where you're a baby alien actually inside someone's chest and have to eat your way out.... :eek:

Smoke39
7th Dec 2003, 09:14 PM
AvP2's great. It's a shame multiplayer lags so much.

EvilDrWong
7th Dec 2003, 10:53 PM
... that scene where you're a baby alien actually inside someone's chest and have to eat your way out.... :eek:
Best level intro EVER! At first i was like "what the... where the hell am I?" then it hit me... and forever thatll be etched in my mind as the coolest level intro in the history of videogames :) The rest of the level was frustrating to the max... but starting off, yeah, that was rad.

Fallen Angel
14th Dec 2003, 10:55 AM
Hi, um I'm new here but I jus found your Alien's invasion mod and wow, very gd. It reminds me of a lil mutator i made for HOB's corpse mania. i changed the zombies to KeeK's Alien for AngelHearts, LV-426 * many of the brushes and textures of the colony level postd here are taken from that - very good work btw - i would like to see an outdoor area for taht level ^_^*

anyway nice work -I especially like it when the queen alien sorta, disappears, many a time i sh*t myself when it fell through the floor above me, as if it had melted the floor.
I'v bn searching for a mod like this for ages - and i'm lookin forward to the zombies too ;) - anyway to the point. I got alot of spare time the next few weeks and I would like to try to get more types of aliens for you. *there are runners, damged aliens, Empresses, Kings, Praetorians, PredBugs models by EvilEngine that I could try and get for you into the Hoard Contrler. I've already made a few monster's for myself for Kangs wave editor - mainly trying to convert UT monster's - eg Marathon monsters etc. but some have failed.

sh1t - i rable .

if no one understood that here is the jist

#1 : will try to make more Alien types for all at Wod Mod Pod
#2 : I'm not very good so don't expect it to work / be good.
#3 : Hope i'm not being intrusive - i just really want to be part of something like this since I've always wanted to make an Aliens orientated Mod for Ut2k3.

#4: ^_^ sorry for the long meaningless post

EDIT: knew i forgot something - I made a map similar to the Colony one for UT. but half way during completion, my HD got wiped. always wanted to try again, so I could try and make it again - If i still remember how to use UeD for mapping.

barnEbiss
14th Dec 2003, 12:36 PM
First you are wrong about the brushes I made all of those based off of photos from aliens and of AH map design ;) but I am using Angelharts textures. And I have his permission to use his textures and brushes if I want to. But I am sticking to making my own meshes for the moment ;)

Also this is not a mod team or a mod it is just a simple ďMutatorĒ for a few of us on the forum, who want to blast aliens in Ut2k3. So plz donít spread the word about this. But any help you want to contribute to this little Mutator is welcome.

Also once I am done with the inside of the map I will do the outside
Also there are BSP problems with the build of the map I last updated so that is why you will see units in the floor in some places, I fixed those in the new build.

Welcome to Buf and enjoy your stay ;)

Fallen Angel
17th Dec 2003, 11:30 AM
UPDATE:

Following pawns are ingame:
Drone
*Damaged Drone
*Alternative Drone
Predalien
*Predalien Drone
Runner
Praetorian

All of these have new sounds, and have changed scale of some for more realistic effect, also made Predalien's lunges more powerful, and runner's less powerful.

I'm not sure how to change the health, and i also need to figure out how to make a SpeciesSoundGroup - so random sounds are played instead of the same one *only know how to get it to play one sound, not random sounds for pain, attack, death etc.*

Also need to figure out how to make a custom gib class. and then add the Empress , new Queen, and King pawns

they sound & look good ingame

EDIT: any tips would be very much appreciated =]

Fallen Angel
17th Dec 2003, 04:43 PM
UPDATE:

Following pawns are ingame:
*Drone
- Damaged Drone
- Alternative Drone
*Predalien
- Predalien Drone
*Runner
*Praetorian
*Queen
- King
- Empress

All of these have new sounds except the king as he shares the Queen and Empress sounds. 'Realistic' pawn properties; eg. Runner is faster, can't jump that far, and low health. Predalien is slower, can jump further, reasonably slow. Empress + King, slowish, very powerful, loads of health.
This makes invasion alot tougher which imo is good ^_^

I really like the runner with DrWong's Crouch animation :D
- suit's it really well.

EDIT: any tips would be very much appreciated =] since i still need to figure out how to make a SpeciesSoundGroup, Also still need to figure out how to make a custom gib class.

EvilDrWong
17th Dec 2003, 06:00 PM
Monsters dont need SpeciesSoundGroups. I find it kinda screwy that EE decided to use one for the aliens, especially since the sounds that would be used are already covered in a couple short arrays in the Monster class anyway. As for the gibs, it depends on which class youre extending. If youre subbing EDWAlien then dont bother with normal gibs, make a new child of EDWDamagingGib and stick those into the new alien's DamageGibs[] array. I use projectiles instead, since gibs are handled clientside and can be turned off. I need the aliens to shoot their gibs no matter what, cause itd be really frustrating if you kept getting killed by invisible acid gibs ;)

barnEbiss
17th Dec 2003, 09:18 PM
hey Fallen Angel if you wanted to help out with my map I could use a few meshs for it. :)

Fallen Angel
18th Dec 2003, 09:47 AM
hey Fallen Angel if you wanted to help out with my map I could use a few meshs for it. :)

If i knew how yo make meshes i would do it for you ^_^

once i'm finished with the aliens, which i nearly am, I'm going to try and model a new face hugger , with a working skeleton, and animate it. it's quite strange having the hugger sliding along the floor =/

but there's no garantee that i can do this. but i'd like to try. ^_^

and DocWong, I created a new subclass of your damagingibs - but i'm not sure how to implement it into the code

I've created a new Head gib - since you're one used a normal calf big - instead of an alien head. i've change it to 'bug.DamageDroneHead', but i'm not sure what to do in the script...
if(HitBone == 'head')
{
// log("Head:"@HitBone);
ActualDamage*=HeadAbsorb;
if(ActualDamage>=TearThreshold*2&&!bLostHead)
{
SetHeadScale(0.0);
bLostHead=True;
ActualDamage=Health+1;
bInstantKill=True;
PlaySound(sound'bugsound.Death_RL',SLOT_Pain);
boneCoords=GetBoneCoords('head');
SpawnDamagingGib(GetDamageGibClass(EGT_Head), boneCoords.Origin, rotator(x), 0.5 );
}
}

I've tried various things, but errors always come up. =/

anyhelp? thanks ^_^

EvilDrWong
18th Dec 2003, 11:14 PM
I try to make things as easy for me to edit later on as possible, so i always make sure to use variables for anything that might need changing later on. the DamagingGibs array is the de facto list that the aliens get their gib types from, so just add your gibs into the array in the required slot (they follow the same setup as the xPawnGibGroup, so it goes: Calf, Forearm, Hand, Head, Torso, and UpperArm... in that order)
PS: sorry for being a smartass before i editted the post :(

Akalamanaia
19th Dec 2003, 11:54 AM
I extrated the content of EDW.zip to ut2003 folder but still no aliens spawn..is it problem with me?

EvilDrWong
19th Dec 2003, 12:39 PM
Ok, here are the essential files:
WyRM: Horde Control (http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/wod/UT2k3/WyRM-hc-r3-zip.zip)
The original AlienINV (http://www.uskaarj.com/AlienINV.zip)
Improved Xenomorph with Queen (http://www.uskaarj.com/EDWMutes.zip)

You will also need the Epic Bonuspack (that includes Invasion) so if you dont have it, im sorry... its like a 120 meg download, but well worth it as it adds 2k3's best gametype and a handfull of new maps.

Akalamanaia
19th Dec 2003, 01:14 PM
How do i get rid of aliens with pulse rifles?all i want is aliens that use claws and tail and pounce and facehuggers and the queen ofcourse?

EvilDrWong
19th Dec 2003, 01:25 PM
Select the Xenomorph and Xenomorph queen instead. Sorry about that, should have said so earlier. Are we still friends? :fluffle: ;)

Akalamanaia
19th Dec 2003, 01:44 PM
i think so =P. Hmmmmm nobody figured out how to make the queen immobilise and grow egg sack and start laying eggs wich are triggered to release facehugger and then impregnate players?

Fallen Angel
19th Dec 2003, 03:01 PM
it's possible

but a sack model and new Queen animations would be needed;

Queen Animation = Weird position like, i dno - and like a realse from sack animation +++ idle breathin in wierd position

it could work like the Titan from Unreal gettin out of a chair, and to lay eggs, jus put a sawn point uder the sack

or something along those lines =/

Akalamanaia
20th Dec 2003, 02:34 AM
Hehe i just put a Minigun sentinel and flamethrower at POC of the Colony map, nothing could get near me =o. I just need a way to get SMD to 3dsmax Readable format so it preserves bone and animation information, then i could get Egg and Sentry gun to 3dsmax readalbe format. Enyways the alien AI gotta be improved, they sometimes get stuck at floor below me and never get to the upper floor.

Fallen Angel
20th Dec 2003, 06:48 AM
Hehe i just put a Minigun sentinel and flamethrower at POC of the Colony map, nothing could get near me =o. I just need a way to get SMD to 3dsmax Readable format so it preserves bone and animation information, then i could get Egg and Sentry gun to 3dsmax readalbe format. Enyways the alien AI gotta be improved, they sometimes get stuck at floor below me and never get to the upper floor.

lol - trust me - w/ the bugs i made - 4 miniguns and a flamethrower turrets is about what you need, otherwise your screwed yo. ^_^

i tend to get in a small room / corner. put miniguns at the side. and one in the middle. a flame thrower at the back to defend the turrets, and the bots to go in front to act as bate... but as soon as they die.... youza goner

soon as the queen / king / praetorian come you got to set up sentinels in lots of rooms, and run about w/ a shotgun shooting their legs, other wise you'll get riped to shreads.

sorry - i'v had a break from it.. just being play testing them ^_^

EDIT: and it'snot the AI - it would be the level's bot pathing. in some maps they are tooo smart =/ . they will try and get behind you by running floor above and come round back of you.

Akalamanaia
20th Dec 2003, 08:37 AM
Praetorians?all i got is facehuggers, xenomorphs(drones), Queens. Enyways the Pulse Rifle Model was made from boxes(not taken from avp2 by the way, only the skin applied to it),ill convert a pulse rifle model from Ns(fanmade model).someone gotta reskin the hands thou..hmph i replaced the current avp2 rifle in ut2003 with the NS fanmade model, well ingame its inivisible...

barnEbiss
20th Dec 2003, 09:53 AM
just dropping by to see how things are going :)
Anyhow the problems with the Aliens is not there AI but the path Noding on the level, I will be fixing this soon but I am right now trying to decide how to finish the other room on the map and add in more. any comments and suggestion you can make are welcome ;)

EvilDrWong
20th Dec 2003, 07:07 PM
barn: there was a mutiny and my mod has been stolen from me :p I feel like BadKarma

barnEbiss
20th Dec 2003, 07:27 PM
NO NO they just want to help you out thatís all :)
They donít mean any harm they just want to help :)

Akalamanaia
21st Dec 2003, 06:35 AM
This is the idea i like:

There is hordes of aliens, but this i dont like:where they come from?. There is no mark of battle or dead hosts enywhere. So what ya should do is add somekind of hive area where ya can find persons glued to wall and lots of eggs wich would hatch huggers, at very end there would be the queen. So there would be only handful of the aliens, something like 20 or 10, but there would be hundreds glued persons on the wall, some impregnated. Then the chestbursters come out some time later and will mature soon, then the drones hibernate in the hive(they don't know the marines are there), then the marines get in, kill alien/chestburster/facehugger and wake up the hive, then invasion truely starts.(Aliens start looking for the Retreating marines). This what we should like try to go for..

Fallen Angel
21st Dec 2003, 07:26 AM
sounds like too much work lol - plus like barnebiss said - this is just a mute - but i would like to see that happen

and sorry - we jsut want to help - ^_^

barnEbiss
21st Dec 2003, 07:03 PM
yah this is a simple mutator made by Mr wong, and we should not push him to fast or he might decide to stop work on it since it has become to much for him to work on. just enjoy the current build and wait for the next version to come out. :D

EvilDrWong
22nd Dec 2003, 06:32 AM
Barn, ive got one really important suggestion: Please dont make the level flow like a DM level. I doubt youre going all ape**** with making sure you can get to anywhere from where youre standing, but if at any time you start to think 'maybe i should add another hall so players dont keep running into dead ends...' ill send a pack of ninjas to beat the crap out of you.
My most favorite thing about the map is that you can get backed into a corner with no way out but through a hail of bodyparts, all the while aliens seem to be coming out of the freaking walls as fast as you can shoot them down.

barnEbiss
22nd Dec 2003, 09:29 AM
don't worry about that ;) I am sticking with the way I am doing the lay out so it will be the same I am only adding in the last few halls and rooms now so
you dont have to worry :D

barnEbiss
24th Dec 2003, 11:23 AM
ok I uploaded a new version check the link I posted before for the new map ;)
tell me what you guys think of this new version :)

Fallen Angel
24th Dec 2003, 07:45 PM
Nice one - but on the first floor - there was a zone texture that was .. um, not made invisable - *too long since iv used editor - cant remember what you call it lol*

and a bsp error beside it buut, i no longer get stuck in the vents at one particular bit , and the added detial is lookin nice - can't wait for next version ^_^

P.S ; MERRRY CHRISTMASS ALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S: will try to finish off the other aliens for later on tonight - as a xmas gift ^_^

P.P.P.S: I got dumped on xmas eve - what fun ^_^ =/ :eek:

barnEbiss
24th Dec 2003, 07:55 PM
can you post some pics of the BSP and textures plz :D

Fallen Angel
25th Dec 2003, 06:53 AM
will do - 2 minz

EvilDrWong
25th Dec 2003, 10:41 AM
FA - Merry christmas! Sorry to hear you got dumped :( If its any consolation, ive made out with what can only be described as a 'gaggle' of trannies in my day... ;)

Fallen Angel
26th Dec 2003, 12:34 PM
lol - thanks =)

it must be some sort of conspiracy for gettin out of buyin a prezzie for me =p

oh , and i totally forgot about gettin scrn shots - will tyr again

and for finish off the bugs =/

barnEbiss
28th Dec 2003, 07:08 PM
Ok I uploaded a new version of my map you can get the fixed version here
DM-Archon15-Colony-Fixed.zip (http://uskaarj.com/DM-Archon15-Colony-Fixed.zip)
lets see if you can spot all the new stuff I added in :)

hal
29th Dec 2003, 12:52 AM
Weird floating things...

barnEbiss
1st Jan 2004, 02:15 PM
Looks at date > Jan 1

Hey Dr Wong whereís the new version you said would be ready for us by Xmas :D???

EvilDrWong
1st Jan 2004, 02:17 PM
i lied! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I didnt think id have stuff to do during everyone elses christmas break, so i figured id have time to dink around with animations and other ideas, but i got all caught up in the season and havent had the focus to add any. Im getting on it though :p And anyway, since when have i been on time? ;)

Edit: As always, suggestions are not only welcome, but needed :p And let me celebrate, for this is my 512th post! ;)

Postal
1st Jan 2004, 02:55 PM
I want a new verson too.

barnEbiss
1st Jan 2004, 03:39 PM
Ok here is the verry latest version of the map :)
Dr wong plz tell me what you think of the new build :)?

more stuff added outside
Also let see if you guys can spot the bike on the level :)

DM-Archon15-Colony-Fixed.zip (http://uskaarj.com/DM-Archon15-Colony-Fixed.zip)

Postal
1st Jan 2004, 03:53 PM
Did you fix that long dark hallway to nothing?

barnEbiss
1st Jan 2004, 03:55 PM
Why donít you download it and try it out :D and see what is above ground

EvilDrWong
1st Jan 2004, 04:35 PM
I really like this map. Are you planning on doing the interior of the APC? I do get some slowdown though, since it seems that the whole map is one zone... But im sure that is coming after you get the whole layout done, so im not gonna complain.
I will complain about the spare pawn you left sitting around. Gorge and his clone only manage to make it tougher on me with the extra xenos they bring with them ;)

barnEbiss
1st Jan 2004, 04:39 PM
yah once I get the layout done I am going to start oping it so it runs nice and fast.
and sorry about the pawn I left my mistake :D
oh and what you think of the robot outfront :)?

EvilDrWong
1st Jan 2004, 05:42 PM
The one with the tracks and the two prong thingies on front? I was a bit surprised to see it (as well as the WY go-kart in the middle deck ;) )

barnEbiss
1st Jan 2004, 06:28 PM
yeah thats the robot :) and I am going to later replace the bike with a better model :)

I am right now working on the other vehicals from the movie and will soon have them done.

About the APS bulding the inside of it is going to have to wait until I get some more pics of the inside of that building.

So for now I am going to work on finishing up the main colony then get into the marines APC and Drive over to it and start on the APS

EvilDrWong
1st Jan 2004, 07:53 PM
I finally figured out how to add Anim Notifies with the #exec commands, so now they hit you when it looks like they should, instead of at the very beginning of the animation. I also added an idle crouching animation, but since theyre almost always in motion youll be hard pressed to actually notice it :p new crouching attack animations are in the works now, so i guess thats something to look forward to :p

EvilDrWong
2nd Jan 2004, 01:20 PM
Ok, i need some help deciding something halfway important. Since it takes me forever to get an animation looking good, i dont want to have to make two different versions of the same one and then pick which i like more, so im gonna post two pics and ask you guys which you think would make a better standing movement animation. (The light gray lines are the center of the model, FYI)

The first one is more 'humanlike', standing more upright. Its more or less 'balanced' (im just going off of a line i put through the middle of it to represent its center of balance, im not a professional so for all i know i could be very wrong) but considering the subject, it seems a bit unnatural. On the upside though, the majority of the bug's body will stay within the confines of its collision cylinder.

The second one is more hunched over. It kinda looks like itll tip over, but not too much ;) IMO it looks a bit more like what i can remember from the movies/games. With this animation its likely that parts of the bug will stick outside of its collision cylinder (which can mean missed shots even though they look like a clean hit)

Or, if both of these are no good, give me some pointers! Just remember, that if you suggest some ridiculous pose, youll see it a whole lot because most of the attack animations will have to transition in and out of this pose... so dont ask me to make it grab its crotch :p

edit: Ignore the tail, i thought it best not to anger the beast by cutting its tail out of the pic even though it isnt counted as a part of the model

RCvie
2nd Jan 2004, 01:32 PM
And now I find the Alien-inv mod. So long ago I posted in the AvP mod forums on gamegossip. I just wanted to shoot some aliens as a mod but then others had grand ideas at making a full blown conversion. Driving me crazy.
As soon as I wake up in the arvo I'll give your mod a go.
Just by the way, I've made an alien egg hollow and am trying to fit bones to it to open. Was somebody working on a new bones setup for the face hugger? I could use that thank you. In 3D max that is.

RCvie
2nd Jan 2004, 01:41 PM
Hey the Doctor is in.
I'd go for door number two. Although it does look like he's squating for a s#!~. He just looks like he's about to sit on a crapper that's all.
You have to work on your centre of gravity.
Put the hips in line with the ankles. Raise the hands and angle back the elbows a touch.

Smoke39
2nd Jan 2004, 01:53 PM
Human-like aliens = bad.
Go for the second. Maybe let him lean forward on his legs a little more.
edit: basically the last line RCvie just added to his previous post.

barnEbiss
2nd Jan 2004, 02:05 PM
I say go with pic two it look more alien like :)

Oh and RCvie and Smoke39 what you think of the new build of my map :D??

EvilDrWong
2nd Jan 2004, 02:28 PM
Try as I may, i cant get ahold of any info on how to export a model. WOTgreal says it can, but it just hangs when i try to, so no dice there :/ I think I know someone who can help me out, but he hasnt been around for two weeks now... so giving the facehugger an upgrade, if it happens at all, will take a while.

Heres a new pic, ignore the fact that theres a man in the aliens place. I tried to follow your instructions RCvie, but im sure i fell short by a little.

Postal
2nd Jan 2004, 03:46 PM
make it grab its crotch.

second

Smoke39
2nd Jan 2004, 05:33 PM
Looking better, but I think you could still have his hips more directly above his feet. Keep in mind that he also has a tail to help ballance.

EvilDrWong
3rd Jan 2004, 11:19 AM
Ok, interim update time. This is just the .u, so anyone who doesnt have the rest of the package will have to scour this thread for it. Im know there are issues that need to be resolved, but i figured i should at least give you guys something since i missed my christmas deadline. (Sorry! :( )
This update is almost exclusively a Drone only update. A few of the new properties trickled down to the queen, but i havent made any specific changes to her, so dont expect anything new in that department.

Changelist (that i can remember):
* Tried to fix up some of the issues with crouched movement not allowing them to jump off ledges when necessary
* Retooled the attack animations. They now have a bit shorter 'windup' time and the actual 'contact' only happens when it looks like it should
* Added an idle crouching pose. Its not the best, but i think it looks kinda slick
* Xenomorph drones will now (FINALLY) drag themselves across the ground if you blow off both of their legs. Theyre slow, but can still dish out as much damage, so dont think youre out of the woods (there are definite bugs in this, most of which i know about. But to be safe, make sure and post about any oddities you encounter.)
* Added crouching attack animations. They wont stand up to swing at you every time now.
* Lowered the range at which theyll stand up to punce you
* Replaced their double jump animations with the pelvic thrust. It shouldt ever happen, but sometimes the code will force them to... So you might occasionally see a drone fly across your screen humping air :p
* Lowered the drone's headshot multiplier from 3 to 2.25. This should make them a bit harder to kill
* Updated melee logic so a bug hitting you with a severed arm will do less damage than if it were to hit you with a complete arm (much better than the previous method of decreasing its damage by a set percent when it loses an arm)
* The bugs are now quite a bit quieter. If this is no good i can revert it. It bugged me that they were constantly making noise, so i limited their screeching to only when they attack, pounce, get hurt, or die. Again, if you guys dont like it I can change it back to the way it was.
* Decreased melee range by 5 units. Sometimes it looked like they shouldnt have been hitting you, so i changed it.
* Gave the drones an extra 5 health. Shouldnt change too much
* Losing arms doesnt impact their pounce damage as much now

If any of these changes rub you the wrong way Im willing to revert them (the best i can :p) Im going to keep working on the anims, as usual, so if something really sucks make sure to let me know how it should look.

And as always, suggestions suggestions suggestions!

Fallen Angel (and anyone else whose deriving a monster based off of these guys) I can give you the newest source if you want, or you can batchexport if if you feel the need. Ive added a bunch of new properties to ease any additions or modifications so you dont gotta copy and paste a whole function just to change one line.

Fallen Angel
3rd Jan 2004, 12:02 PM
sexeh :D

will try out - and i might got off my lazy arse and muck about with the aliens

will try out now

barnEbiss
3rd Jan 2004, 12:06 PM
um just tried out the new build :)
and like it so far :) I only have one little complaint, and that is the drones move to fast with out there legs. it's like be chased by a blurr. plz slow them down.

also will you be adding weapons?

EvilDrWong
3rd Jan 2004, 12:30 PM
um just tried out the new build :)
and like it so far :) I only have one little complaint, and that is the drones move to fast with out there legs. it's like be chased by a blurr. plz slow them down.

also will you be adding weapons?
ARG! :mad: Of course something like that shows up after i upload :p
Ill get right on it!
Yeah, ive got a few weapons in the works, but ive been holding off putting them out there cause a while back peoples were saying that theyd rather this just stay as a monster pack. Maybe if i can get some of the more noticable bugs fixed ill put them up with the next update ;)

ROFL 451
3rd Jan 2004, 01:57 PM
ARG! :mad: Of course something like that shows up after i upload :p
Ill get right on it!
Yeah, ive got a few weapons in the works, but ive been holding off putting them out there cause a while back peoples were saying that theyd rather this just stay as a monster pack. Maybe if i can get some of the more noticable bugs fixed ill put them up with the next update ;)

Nice update! But, I think this bug was fixed, but i'll ask anyway. I use the map DRMKitchen to test the Aliens mute, because it has lots of open space and white floors to I can view the bugs better. Well, if you crouched when they pounced at you, they flew over your head. If you stayed crouched, they kept on flying over you, doing no damage. Oh yeah, and decrease their speed by half when legs are gone, plz. :eek:

Oh yeah, an fixing the jumping off ledges was great, that error bugged me a bunch.

P.S.
Do the Aliens suffer fall damage? If they do I think it might be good to scale it down, or remove it. An Alien can pounce and smash into stuff without being hurt, so he shouldn't take damage from a fall.

THanks for this way cool mute!

EDIT: Some animations for the facehugger would be cool. THe person did a great job skinning and modelling them, but with no animations, the little "scooter" makes me laugh, not scared. Oh yea, is the facehugger equpiied with a weapon? Redeemer damage with the range of shield gun should do, if they don't have anything good.

In AvP, I freaked at the sight of a facehugger, cause one hit one kill means alot. Make the facehugger be able to leap, too.

Sorry for the long list of demands, but just stating what could use some work. If you have trouble doing them, think of them as your new years resolutions! heh heh ;)

Fallen Angel
3rd Jan 2004, 02:10 PM
aliens suffer fall damaged and if you took it away - if the fell in2 a pit and never died - i doubt you could go down yourself and shoot them :D

oooh and - i like guns - gimme gins ^_^

EvilDrWong
3rd Jan 2004, 02:33 PM
ignore that last update, heres a new one. I messed with their speeds a bit, so they dont shoot at you like a missile the second they lose their legs now. I also decreased their lift for when they pounce, with any luck they shouldnt pop over you when they lunge. They lose a quarter of their speed if they lose a leg now, instead of only losing 15%, that should make blowing off a leg a bit more rewarding. Ill increase the amount of speed they lose if you guys want, but for now i think thatll be alright.
re: Facehugger - Until i can get the mesh, or get another version of it, into 3dStudio Max, nothing can be done about animations for it :(

I hope this is ok... Ill be workin on all this stuff for the next couple days, so make sure and speak up if theres anything else youd like changed or added.

Next on the list: A new pounce animation, making them orient to the surface theyre walking on when crouched or dragging, beans.

edit: ROFL, ill scale down their falling damage a bit. Most of the maps where youll fall to your death have forced death zones anyway.. and it does kinda seem funny when you see one shoot over your head just to explode when it hits the ground ;) Definitely not what i remember from the games :p

ROFL 451
3rd Jan 2004, 04:53 PM
ignore that last update, heres a new one. I messed with their speeds a bit, so they dont shoot at you like a missile the second they lose their legs now. I also decreased their lift for when they pounce, with any luck they shouldnt pop over you when they lunge. They lose a quarter of their speed if they lose a leg now, instead of only losing 15%, that should make blowing off a leg a bit more rewarding. Ill increase the amount of speed they lose if you guys want, but for now i think thatll be alright.
re: Facehugger - Until i can get the mesh, or get another version of it, into 3dStudio Max, nothing can be done about animations for it :(

I hope this is ok... Ill be workin on all this stuff for the next couple days, so make sure and speak up if theres anything else youd like changed or added.

Next on the list: A new pounce animation, making them orient to the surface theyre walking on when crouched or dragging, beans.

edit: ROFL, ill scale down their falling damage a bit. Most of the maps where youll fall to your death have forced death zones anyway.. and it does kinda seem funny when you see one shoot over your head just to explode when it hits the ground ;) Definitely not what i remember from the games :p

Yeah, I think this update did it. They were still shooting over my head with the update b4 this one. They still crouch on ledges, though, but it looks much cooler now. :lol: Kinda creepy actually. :eek:

On the screenshot, don't mind the red dot, it's the laser scope on the chaos sniper rifle.

EvilDrWong
3rd Jan 2004, 05:14 PM
'Dont mind the laser dot'

:( Poor alien... ;)

barnEbiss
3rd Jan 2004, 06:53 PM
Ok thanks for fixing that ;)

Now here are my main complaint and what needs fixed :)

1. Aliens crawling across the ground, some of the time is ok. But when around 10 aliens are coming towards me crawling that is too much. Aliens should only crawl when they are in air ducts and have to crawl and only some of the time when they arenít in airducts . but you are getting close to having them perfect :)

Also will you sometime be replacing the motion tracker?

And I have had about 4 aliens come slideing towards me crouched :hmm: is this a bug? aliens should not slide forwards and attack me :D

EvilDrWong
3rd Jan 2004, 09:25 PM
They crawl when you blow off their legs... I suppose i can up the limb loss threshold, might alleviate most of their crawling fits. I know where youre coming from with the crawling though, they seem to like it more than walking ;) I think i might have made a mistake though, when adding that... Right now they decide to crawl when they take damage: if theyre missing a leg and a random check passes. So if you blow off one of their legs you can keep pelting them with a single point of damage and eventually theyll start crawling, whether or not you rip their other leg off... Meh, itll get fixed, no worries ;)
Replacing the motion tracker would require me to make a whole new gametype (cause its a part of the Invasion HUD) which is... kinda overkill for one little feature, even if i think that an AvP styled motion tracker would totally rock socks. ;) Maybe one day...

Hmm... I dont know about the sliding... Im gonna blame Epic's placement of the movement animation code. Its been causing me major issues from the get go, so ... yeah, their fault ;) If it happens again would you mind PlayersOnly'ing the game and checking the bug out? (you know the drill, viewclass EDWAlien, showdebug) Either theyre getting tied up trying to decide whether to stand or crouch or their DesiredSpeed is getting set too low...

RCvie
3rd Jan 2004, 11:37 PM
Looking better, but I think you could still have his hips more directly above his feet. Keep in mind that he also has a tail to help ballance.
I'm not trying to blow smoke up your arse Doc, but what he said ^.

Sorry needed to be said.

And I'm playing invasion with Class weapons mutator and the aliens must have chosen a class because they're shooting at me. And the face hugger lept at me and it didn't hurt but then I couldn't shoot it.
Haven't tried the new patch though.

And if you can direct me to a tutorial that shows a beginer how to attach bone and animations to a mesh I'll give the face hugger a go. Then I'll also be able to make this egg I've done open.

And about the motion tracker, in the WOE weapons pack the Fyrian gun has a screen on the model that updates the ammo and rate of fire. As a coder you might have better luck at adapting it as a tracker. I use the Fyrian as a replacment for the Rail-gun.

EvilDrWong
4th Jan 2004, 02:33 AM
I'm not trying to blow smoke up your arse Doc, but what he said ^.

Sorry needed to be said.

And I'm playing invasion with Class weapons mutator and the aliens must have chosen a class because they're shooting at me. And the face hugger lept at me and it didn't hurt but then I couldn't shoot it.
Haven't tried the new patch though.

And if you can direct me to a tutorial that shows a beginer how to attach bone and animations to a mesh I'll give the face hugger a go. Then I'll also be able to make this egg I've done open.

And about the motion tracker, in the WOE weapons pack the Fyrian gun has a screen on the model that updates the ammo and rate of fire. As a coder you might have better luck at adapting it as a tracker. I use the Fyrian as a replacment for the Rail-gun.

Dont worry about blowing smoke up my ass, id rather get hassled a bunch and make it right than half ass it with no feedback at all :)

I dont know of any tutorials off the top of my head, but ill look around for you. What program are you using?

Itd be way cool to do something like that for the motion tracker... but again, with the radar already there and no easy way to get rid of it, itd be a bit redundant in normal Invasion. There are alternatives, but thatd draw us closer to the Cease and Desist order that i really dont want to receive :(

RCvie
4th Jan 2004, 02:57 AM
that smoke comment was more a pun than anything else.

I'm using max.
It would be good to use the tracker in other modes like CTF or team deathmatch.

Fallen Angel
4th Jan 2004, 06:34 AM
RCvie i think you are yousing the VERY first alienINV - with the Wyrm horde control - don't use the Alien monster - use the XenoMorph - and then you'll have no bugs shooting at you

and guns? where the guns? =p - btw doc , i got some1 else to download that rar , they said all 3 files were there =/

might be you're winrar

barnEbiss
4th Jan 2004, 10:45 AM
Itd be way cool to do something like that for the motion tracker... but again, with the radar already there and no easy way to get rid of it, itd be a bit redundant in normal Invasion. There are alternatives, but thatd draw us closer to the Cease and Desist order that i really dont want to receive

Ok well then maybe some other time then ;)
just work on the aliens and maybe afew weapons :D

Akalamanaia
4th Jan 2004, 11:56 AM
i would cheer in joy when i would see motion trackers and that classic bleeping sound...atleast motion tracker in hud...(20 meters is by the way the lenght it tracks). Because the Ut2003 one first of all, doesnt let me know if the target is behind the door or a floor under, while a beeping sound what, would tell is the target closer or longer(Ala Aliens)

EvilDrWong
4th Jan 2004, 12:28 PM
... are any of you guys skinners?

Fallen Angel
4th Jan 2004, 12:57 PM
I couldn't skin even if you gave me a paint porg and told me to make a giant green blob =p

barnEbiss
4th Jan 2004, 05:59 PM
what you need skinned?

EvilDrWong
4th Jan 2004, 06:10 PM
Pulse rifle, when im finished with it. I sincerely hate the boxiness of the other one and figured since the people want weapons I should try and provide :)

ROFL 451
4th Jan 2004, 07:10 PM
Dont worry about blowing smoke up my ass, id rather get hassled a bunch and make it right than half ass it with no feedback at all :)

Well, since you mentioned that.. . . Did you fix the problem where when you blew an aliens legs off, they looked like they were swimming along the ground, and were substantually faster than when they had both legs?

Those queens are tough, whoa mama, the only way to take them down is to blow their legs off. . . .makes them slow enough to where you can avoid them. Oh yes, and can you give the facehugger a better weapon? Like, redeemer damage, and shieldgun range? Because i like to include them when im playing against aliens, and when they get near me, they can't even attack most of the time, for some odd reason . . ? Oh yeah, and up the queen's damage, it's only like 10 per claw hit, puny. She's a bitch to take out, but I can avoid her long enough to take her down, and when I do let her slip by me, I get a weak 10 or so damage.

Did you fix the xeno ledge problem? Because they would still occasionally camp on ledges. . . .as you can see in the shot in my last post. . ..
Thanks for the way cool mute!! :)

EvilDrWong
4th Jan 2004, 08:58 PM
download it and see :p

Im not an AI wiz, so theyre still giving me lots of grief in the 'I love to camp on ledges' department. It is much better than when the problem popped up though, but its still there. Dont fret though, Ill keep working on it until its completely fixed. Im a nitpicker like that.

I never noticed that the facehuggers didnt attack... I thought they looked stupid sliding around, so i never played with them... But yeah, ill make them actually fight. Maybe not insta-kill damage, but enough that you wont want to run into one in a dark alley.

And how the hell are you blowing the queens legs off?! :p You need to hit them in the leg with at least 74 damage to tear it off... OMG U CHEATOR!!!

The damage they dish out strongly depends on what difficulty youre playing at. They default to doing 40 damage a shot, but with the difficulty level factored in it could reduce it far below that... now that im looking at things... The Warlord does more damage than a queen in melee combat... Totally unacceptable! Ill beef her up a bit. Only a bit though ;)

PS: If any of you fellows have AvP 2, would you mind PM'ing me, I need to talk to you :)

Smoke39
4th Jan 2004, 10:18 PM
Howard lost my AvP2. Go Howard! >:(

RCvie
5th Jan 2004, 05:37 AM
No prob Fallen Angel I did a test wave with the xenomorph option and then the aliens option. The aliens were the gun slingers.

ROFL 451
5th Jan 2004, 12:52 PM
download it and see :p

Im not an AI wiz, so theyre still giving me lots of grief in the 'I love to camp on ledges' department. It is much better than when the problem popped up though, but its still there. Dont fret though, Ill keep working on it until its completely fixed. Im a nitpicker like that.

I never noticed that the facehuggers didnt attack... I thought they looked stupid sliding around, so i never played with them... But yeah, ill make them actually fight. Maybe not insta-kill damage, but enough that you wont want to run into one in a dark alley.

And how the hell are you blowing the queens legs off?! :p You need to hit them in the leg with at least 74 damage to tear it off... OMG U CHEATOR!!!

The damage they dish out strongly depends on what difficulty youre playing at. They default to doing 40 damage a shot, but with the difficulty level factored in it could reduce it far below that... now that im looking at things... The Warlord does more damage than a queen in melee combat... Totally unacceptable! Ill beef her up a bit. Only a bit though ;)

Lool, not cheating, instead using the Benelli Shotgun :p It lets me test out blowing off leg speed, and stuff. Oh yeah, and does the queen have a headshot spot? Because I use the Chaos Sniper Rifle quite often with Xeno's. Well, I can blow her legs off, shoot her arms off (cant shoot off both, either my rotten aim or coding) but when she is full strength I sometimes cap her right behind her frill, and WHOA! dead.

Do Xeno and Queen damage decrease when you shoot limbs off (arms) ?

P.S.
A sometimes used headbite would be cool, but that would require you to animate and model something like that. Although. . . . . EE added the inner set of jaws to some of his models. . . . .. :notworthy:

EvilDrWong
5th Jan 2004, 02:45 PM
All of the aliens (including Fallen Angel's pack, which rocks socks BTW) take locational damage. Each alien has specific damage ratios for each location too, so shooting a Queen in the chest will do less damage than if you were to shoot a Drone in the chest. The queen only takes an extra 10% damage from a headshot, whereas drones take a bit more than double damage.

And yes, removing an arm will make them do less damage. But only for attacks they make with that arm (stumps hurt alot less than razor sharp claws ;) ) Also, when you blow off an alien's arm it does less damage when it pounces on you.

The secondary jaws on the models dont actually work :( I thought maybe he did some slick stuff with using the Ponytail bones to extend/retract them, but he didnt. Im still gonna add a bite animation though, cause only 3 attack animations get old real quick ;) With any luck ill find out how to get the model exported so i can re-rig it, cause then we'll get the tail animations too! :D

RCvie
5th Jan 2004, 10:04 PM
What's different about Fallen Angels pack? Was there a link posted for that one?

barnEbiss
5th Jan 2004, 10:29 PM
Ever wanted to do you own model of the colony from aliens? Or the drop ship? Or how about the APC? How about making them out of paper? Yes I said paper :) ladies and gentlemen I have a found a cool aliens fan site that has all these as a file you can print out then cut out and glue together :)
Just follow the link below :)

http://aliens.humlak.cz

http://aliens.humlak.cz/aliens/Aliens_papirove_modely/papercraft/small/lv426-northlockmodel00.jpg

http://aliens.humlak.cz/aliens/Aliens_papirove_modely/papercraft/small/lv426-dropshipmodel00.jpg

EvilDrWong
6th Jan 2004, 01:40 AM
:eek2: so dorky... yet strangely awesome

edit: Fallen Angel's pack adds a bunch of new bug types. The dog/xeno hybrid Runners, Praetorians, Empress bugs, two or three new Drones, a King alien and probably a couple more that i forgot.
BTW, finally figured out how to get the facehugger to a point where i can give it a skeleton. Should have some new animations for it in a while.

RCvie
6th Jan 2004, 01:40 AM
Ever wanted to do you own model of the colony from aliens? Or the drop ship? Or how about the APC? How about making them out of paper? Yes I said paper :) ladies and gentlemen I have a found a cool aliens fan site that has all these as a file you can print out then cut out and glue together :)
Just follow the link below :)

http://aliens.humlak.cz

That's cool. I wounder if they can be use to help costruct a 3Dmax model.

ROFL 451
6th Jan 2004, 10:04 AM
:eek2: so dorky... yet strangely awesome

edit: Fallen Angel's pack adds a bunch of new bug types. The dog/xeno hybrid Runners, Praetorians, Empress bugs, two or three new Drones, a King alien and probably a couple more that i forgot.
BTW, finally figured out how to get the facehugger to a point where i can give it a skeleton. Should have some new animations for it in a while.

w00t!

Where can I get Fallen Angels pack? It sounds like it will r0xx0r t3h b0xx0rs. Oh yeah, and I may be able to join the crew (with your permission) soon, because my dad got me the 30 trail of 3ds Studio Max. If I work on it for at least an hour per day, he will buy me the FULL VERSION!! So I might be of some help modelling and/or animating. Now, im just beginning, so bear with me, but I'll try to make some progress with it.

barnEbiss
6th Jan 2004, 10:43 AM
well there is no Team really you can help out any time you want ;)
just dont go telling people you are working on a Aliens mod team

ROFL 451
6th Jan 2004, 10:48 AM

Why not :B

Lol, I love this mod!

I just didn't want to say:

"Heya Wong, I modified all your code! Added new animations! Skinned my knee . .er Xeno." Kinda stealing his project, ya know?

Fallen Angel
6th Jan 2004, 11:54 AM
wah?

and thanx wong ^_^

no my pack has not been realesed - only wong and i have it

and thanx for all the help doc.. will have updated almost all of my pack to your new code by tongiht ^_^

ROFL 451
6th Jan 2004, 07:18 PM

Hey Barn, could I ask a favor? I have a DM map for UT2003, and I'm having trouble uploading it at my fave UT2003 sites. Do you have somewhere that you could host it for me? Heres a screeny.

P.S.

Don't mind the background, it wasn't quite finished at the point that I took the screen.

P.P.S.
It's called DM-TheAlamo

EvilDrWong
7th Jan 2004, 12:49 AM
This isnt so much 'big news' as it is being stoked that i actually got this far with it... but here it be, the Facehugger's skeleton in all of its bounding-boxed glory. Just gotta weight it, then to the new animations.

ROFL 451
7th Jan 2004, 11:00 AM
This isnt so much 'big news' as it is being stoked that i actually got this far with it... but here it be, the Facehugger's skeleton in all of its bounding-boxed glory. Just gotta weight it, then to the new animations.

Go Wong!

Just proposing an idea.

Well, add the Alien as a player controllable class! I am beginning to model in 3ds Studio, so all I need to do it model some Alien hands (or take the ones from the Xeno and enlarge them), skin them nicely, and voila! Alien weapons!

I am working on creating vision modes for them:
Night Vision: Illuminates Dark areas, but doesn't show much detail.
Heat Vision: Shows opponents in Blue and Red and Green heat colors. (hopefully vid of my progress later!)
Navigation Vision: Allows you to see terrain and objects clearly, but "cloaks" players from your vision. Add the invisible combo to all other players (only in your vision) while this mode is activated to get this effect.

AvP helped alot with vision modes, implementing them into UT2003 will be a little more of a chore. But, a railgun I downloaded showed opponents in heat colors, so I know it can be done.

More later!

ROFL 451
7th Jan 2004, 11:24 AM
Go Wong!

Just proposing an idea.

Well, add the Alien as a player controllable class! I am beginning to model in 3ds Studio, so all I need to do it model some Alien hands (or take the ones from the Xeno and enlarge them), skin them nicely, and voila! Alien weapons!

I am working on creating vision modes for them:
Night Vision: Illuminates Dark areas, but doesn't show much detail.
Heat Vision: Shows opponents in Blue and Red and Green heat colors. (hopefully vid of my progress later!)
Navigation Vision: Allows you to see terrain and objects clearly, but "cloaks" players from your vision. Add the invisible combo to all other players (only in your vision) while this mode is activated to get this effect.

AvP helped alot with vision modes, implementing them into UT2003 will be a little more of a chore. But, a railgun I downloaded showed opponents in heat colors, so I know it can be done.

More later!

Adding a tail and inner jaws would be cool, but only for Alien class soldiers.

Idea for a gametype:

Aliens vs Marines.

Aliens have alien weapons, and vision modes.
Marines have Wongs weapons + some more maybe and a motion tracker.

When game starts you choose a side. ?

barnEbiss
7th Jan 2004, 11:36 AM
If we were to add the aliens as a player class vs marines we would have crossed the red line that Fox has about aliens mods.

I think it is best we just stick with haveing the aliens and a few weapons.
but if you guys really want to do a full blown mod after this I would be willing to try and contact fox and ask permission to do a full mod. the guys over at the star wars mod got permission to do there mod.

but for now lets stick with just haveing the aliens and a few weapons.
I would be really sad if this where to be FOXED
so plz lets go slowly with our mutator. I feel verry strongly about this since I was the one that draged this mutator from the dust bin and kept wong working on it. so plz bare with me on this one.

EvilDrWong
7th Jan 2004, 12:00 PM
but if you guys really want to do a full blown mod after this I would be willing to try and contact fox and ask permission to do a full mod. the guys over at the star wars mod got permission to do there mod.
Lucas Arts probably gets tired of fighting with fans over ownership of their property, i think thats why they let Troopers go :p Fox is about as hard assed as itll get IP wise, especially with a new movie coming out based on this content...
And anyway, lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Fallen Angel
7th Jan 2004, 12:03 PM
I agree with Barn
- keep it nice and slow yea?

and it seems alot of work you are proposing ROFL

oh and the facehugger looks like it's coming along nice wong ^_^

EvilDrWong
7th Jan 2004, 12:03 PM
AvP had them supported engine wise. Im not sure of the specifications of it, but mappers had to use the "Starlight" mode or something to set up the appearance of the level under each of the special vision types. You could get some of the effect, but not perfectly reliable.
And did that railgun happen to be in the Pain2k3 pack?

edit: For the record ROFL, im not entirely opposed to everything you have to suggest... even though it seems like that :( Ive got a thing or two scheming, but its more of a mod to invasion itself than a mod built around these aliens. I really appreciate the feedback and all the ideas, and dont think theyre not getting put on a list of 'stuff to do if the time is right' :)

ROFL 451
7th Jan 2004, 12:42 PM
If we were to add the aliens as a player class vs marines we would have crossed the red line that Fox has about aliens mods.

I think it is best we just stick with haveing the aliens and a few weapons.

but for now lets stick with just haveing the aliens and a few weapons.
I would be really sad if this where to be FOXED
so plz lets go slowly with our mutator. I feel verry strongly about this since I was the one that draged this mutator from the dust bin and kept wong working on it. so plz bare with me on this one.

Arg, my hopes are FOXXORED!

Lol, j/k. But adding them as player classes has already been done by EE. I think it's only if you PORT the model from AvP. I think it can e counted as YOUR WORK if you build the models from scratch. At least I recall EE saying something like that. I already have conceptual designs for the entire Alien arsenal if this pulls through. :lol:

QUOTE: TheBlueEyedRobot
EVilEngine creating these Doom3 (and Alien) models is completely legal, and here's why. First, he isn't making any profits off of any of these models. Second, and more importantly, under the Fair Use Rule of the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, anyone is allowed to "parody" or use anyone else's work as long as the creator's rights are not being infringed upon. Ever here of nuklearpower.com? 8-bit Theater?

What technically are the creator's rights? I mean, does FOX say, "Hey no nothing that looks remotely like an Alien?"

Thanks for the support, Wong ;)
Edit: Like me new avatar, Wong? Made it myself from the screenshot I posted back a few pages :lol:

ROFL 451
7th Jan 2004, 12:45 PM
Title 17, Chapter 1

Sec. 107. - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include -

(1)

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2)

the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3)

the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4)

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors

Hope this helps

EvilDrWong
7th Jan 2004, 02:30 PM
(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
Those points are what gets us.
1) Our purpose, as could be perceived by Fox, is to steal players (thus revenue) from them
3) The substantiality of the portion used is very ...uh... substantial. Its the mainstay of the Aliens series, its poster child.
4) the effect on the market for or value of their work can be seen as very bad. Some people may (im not trying to toot my own horn, so dont take it that way) stop playing the AvP games all together now that this portion of that game has been imported and is in a different, possibly more enjoyble, context (to the user). So in effect, Fox can say "You are stealing our players, our assets, and thus our money. You will stop this at once or you will feel the full wrath of our overly anxious legal department"

Fallen Angel
7th Jan 2004, 02:36 PM
I've got no say in the matter lol

barnEbiss
7th Jan 2004, 02:41 PM
Nicely Put DR :)
just how I was about to put it :)

EvilDrWong
7th Jan 2004, 03:02 PM
Again ROFL, its not that the idea is terrible. Quite to the contrary. It pains me to not be able to expand on this and unload a gigantic mod just so we can all enjoy the aliens as they should be enjoyed. But if the choice is continue on in a relatively small way, or go big time and get shut down, Id much prefer to keep working on these guys in a way that everyone can enjoy.
PS: Check your PM's ROFL :)

ROFL 451
7th Jan 2004, 04:05 PM
Again ROFL, its not that the idea is terrible. Quite to the contrary. It pains me to not be able to expand on this and unload a gigantic mod just so we can all enjoy the aliens as they should be enjoyed. But if the choice is continue on in a relatively small way, or go big time and get shut down, Id much prefer to keep working on these guys in a way that everyone can enjoy.
PS: Check your PM's ROFL :)

I did, and I sent you a long one, too.

Edit: Wong get on AIM! NOW MAN NOW!