PDA

View Full Version : **«BuA» UT2003 Server**

AX000
13th Jun 2003, 08:23 PM
«BuA»’s second UT2003 server has standard settings for CTF LGIG (LowGravity InstaGib)135/35.

IP:

Current Mutators:
MapVote
HeatShot -detection IG
No Adrenaline

«BuA»Lurker_71
26th Jul 2003, 01:06 PM
Hey! Ya think we could mebbe turn stats back on after practices and scrims? :D :eek: :D ;) :D Thanks!!

TAZTG
28th Jul 2003, 12:04 PM
Hey! Ya think we could mebbe turn stats back on after practices and scrims? :D :eek: :D ;) :D Thanks!!

I noticed the yesterday that they wasn't posted. I had a nice little Fragfest and did rather well. There are other servers that don't post stats as well. I am wondering if they have the same problem turning stats on & off.

Shattered_Steel
28th Jul 2003, 12:23 PM
I'm sure that many people are having server problems to turn stats on and off. However, about our server, I think I'd rather leave them off. If we want to play together, I'd rather my stats not be working against my clanmates, and that's more likely to happen on our server. There are many other servers where the stats are on, with good competition there. If you want to get good, and truly show that your stats mean something, go to those servers and whoop up on some other clans. Just my suggestion.

«BuA»Lurker_71
28th Jul 2003, 04:21 PM
I tend to get more competition just by playing at our server.
I personally want to keep stats on... as I mainly play at our server, and most of the people I end up playing against show up there eventually, anyway.
As far as playing against clanmates... well, it just seems to be predesigned. No matter the server, I always seem to end up on the opposing team.

«BuA»Lurker_71
8th Dec 2003, 12:06 AM
TAZ:
I had mentioned something earlier this week about having trouble with my ping on our server, if you recall?
I noticed this morning that the ping for the server is abnormally high, ranging in the 80 - 100 range, and hasn't changed all day.
I've done quite a bit on my side to fix the problem, yet it still persists, and AX seems to be having a similar problem.

Think you could check with BFGN and see if there's some kinda problem?

Thanks.

Shattered_Steel
8th Dec 2003, 01:21 AM
Considering that your ping isn't VERY high, this could just be something in your area, such as increased activity on one of the hops (servers) to our server. This is what a lot of isp's call natural internet lag, and it's not something that we, our game server, nor even our isp can really fix. I've had to deal with it a bit more than some of the others, and it really sucks. I actually hope it's not what you have, or if it is that it's just a temporary thing that will be fixed quickly.

«BuA»Lurker_71
8th Dec 2003, 06:33 PM
What would very high be? 300?
The difference between 70 and 100 may not seem like much, but when you've finally gotten a good distance shot, it sucks to lose it to a ping problem.

Shattered_Steel
8th Dec 2003, 07:11 PM
Though I know you are being sarcastic, Lurk, that 300 may be right. ISPs and servers aren't going to listen to you complain about having a ping around 100ms, considering there are some that have higher pings than that, and will never be lower, such as AX's. So its not really that big of a deal to them. Another reason they won't bother is because it would be very hard to track down, given the fact that a very slight delay here or there could be causing the problem, but would be very transparent when looking right at it.

Trust me, Lurk, I know exactly how you feel and what you are talking about. When we were still playing UT99, I had this stretch of about 3 months where I couldn't play on ANYONE's server, and I ragged on everyone to fix it, but nothing happened. It eventually went away. I'm just hoping you don't go through the same thing.

«BuA»Lurker_71
8th Dec 2003, 08:34 PM
Yeah, me too... because I can't play like this.

Shattered_Steel
24th Feb 2004, 08:55 AM
Important BFGN server info. Server admins please read:

http://forum.instagiber.com/viewtopic.php?p=108215#108215

TAZTG
24th Feb 2004, 09:34 AM
Well Hell, looks like they gave us 6 days to decide..

Comparison INFO!!!
BFGN: (12 Person Public=47.00) + (20 Person TS=15.00) =62.00/mth.

OSG: (12 Person Private Standard=36.00) + (25 Person TS=19.95) = 55.95
OSG: (12 Person Public Standard=48.00) + (25 Person TS=19.95) = 67.95
OSG: (12 Person Private Premium=48.00) + (25 Person TS=19.95) = 67.95
OSG: (12 Person Public Premium=72.00) + (25 Person TS=19.95) = 91.95 :eek:

Personnaly this is what I would Select..
OSG:(12 Person Private Premium=48.00)+ILAN (24 Person TS=7.50)=55.50 :D :D

There would be no activation fee for the OSG Server and ILAN is priced good for TS. This would still let us maintain a premium server that would have to always be PW protected and still maintain a TS server. I think most of the seetings for the server will be saved but will have to check on that.

Shattered_Steel
24th Feb 2004, 10:09 AM
What's the difference between standard and premium, TAZ? And as long as ILAN's TS server works well, that's fine with me.

TAZTG
24th Feb 2004, 11:15 AM
What's the difference between standard and premium, TAZ? And as long as ILAN's TS server works well, that's fine with me.

Location Location Location and Ping stability etc. Everyone should do a test and see how they ping. I prefer a lower ping with stability. I am curious about the Chicago Site... Check them out and decide whats best..

Bandwidth Options
OSG now offers two types of bandwidth options - Standard bandwidth and Premium bandwidth. Standard bandwidth is lower cost bandwidth offered by Tier 2 providers such as Level3. Premium bandwidth is higher performance bandwidth offered by Tier 1 providers such as Internap and Qwest. Premium bandwidth usually features lower and more stable pings while customers that choose Standard bandwidth may experience between 10ms to 20ms higher pings on average.

Most customers may not notice much of a difference between Standard and Premium bandwidth. Before making a decision based solely on cost, we highly recommend that you perform ping tests (and tracert tests) to our various data centers using both types of bandwidth providers. More information on how to do this can be found on our Game Server Info page.

PLEASE NOTE:
Standard bandwidth is only offered in:
U.S. East Coast - Ashburn, VA
U.S. South Central - Dallas, TX

Premium bandwidth is offered at all locations:
U.S. East Coast - Ashburn, VA
U.S. West Coast - San Jose, CA
U.S. South Central - Dallas, TX
U.S. North Central - Chicago, IL

Please contact us if you have any questions regarding Standard bandwidth versus Premium bandwidth.

Devastator
24th Feb 2004, 11:35 AM
3 ping test. Those were in the afternoon so ping was good still, I ping around 20 less than on our server with Premium.

«BuA»Lurker_71
24th Feb 2004, 11:51 AM
My afternoon ping shots; as you can see, I ping about 30ms less than our current server.

TAZTG
24th Feb 2004, 11:57 AM
Looks like Chicago did pretty good for both of you..

«BuA»Meat
24th Feb 2004, 03:50 PM
average 23 26 and 46 ms those 3 servers so it's good for me

Shattered_Steel
24th Feb 2004, 04:04 PM
Notice towards the top of each window is the last line of tracrts to each server. Less hops to a server, the better. The bottom one is our current server.

Right now, it would be either the East (DC) server, for lowest ping, or the Chicago server, for least amount of hops.

TAZTG
24th Feb 2004, 04:15 PM
Chicago looking good but what about actual testing in UT on the server.

AX000
25th Feb 2004, 05:14 AM
Initiate Ping _

Bad-Target
27th Feb 2004, 07:12 PM
I tried 3 ips and is a screen of what I recieved as pings.