Lopsearch.exe

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
wft is this crap from Lop.com?!
I don't know what he was doing there but my roommate was simply browsing and net thing you know we look at the desktop and it's full of crap icons, links to sites, ie homepage changed and some strange icon in the system tray.

I hate these things. I get calls all he time about it. Not my job to take care of it, for that I'm thankfull bc it's a major pain. Did a basic search and found over 100 files created in the period of ~1minute. 93 were ie favorites. From what I could tell it had also prepared a new desktop wallpaper. What it didn't display was the system trat icon...
Apparantly opening it began a setup proram for "free software" of an unknown nature. After looking through the startup options I managed to get the exact filename and location. Did a search, for the exact filename (even though I have it set to show every type of file in any folder) with no results :confused:.
Deleted that bugger.
This pisses me off, very much.
Any suggestions on anything or anywhere else I may look, I still have that feelling that thee's still traces of this totally uninvited pos software.