PDA

View Full Version : Yeehaa demo coming out before game

Šork
10th Mar 2002, 04:33 PM
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=5340Unreal Tournament 2 should hit store shelves around the end of June. As we did with UT we're planning to release a demo/test version of the game before it ships so we can get user feedback and testing results in time to incorporate what we learn from that into the final game.Dang, that could be in not much over a month from now!! Say end of April, for a few weeks testing, and a few weeks to implement any changes as a result of the feedback.

*excited*

Zaccix
10th Mar 2002, 04:47 PM
Well, the UT demo came out roughly two months before the game itself, so based on that, a UT2 demo around the end of April or beginning of May would seem likely.

Then again, it could be out earlier or later than that. We shall see. :)

[IsP]KaRnAgE
10th Mar 2002, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I hope I have a new video card by then!!!

Wowbagger
10th Mar 2002, 04:52 PM
Yeah thats cool although im still upset about Epic forcing Legend to drop MP in U2.

Anyho its time to let U2 go for a while and start getting excited about UT2 :)

Apparently theyll ship a modified Unreal Perfomance Test with the Demo.

I didnt like the vague comments about Vehicles though :/

Will you DE guys put up some info on your site now?
Would be nice to find out about alterations of the TL and if Vehicles will still be in.

Zaccix
10th Mar 2002, 05:01 PM
I don't think Epic "forced Legend to drop MP" as such, but rather Legend thought it'd be better to work on polishing the SP rather than spending time on MP too.

Still, it now means that we have less confusion, as U2 is strictly SP and UT2 is strictly MP. Neither game will risk hijacking the other's community. :)

Wowbagger
10th Mar 2002, 05:04 PM
Yeah but it seems such a waste dropping it cause U2:s XMP really sounded promising and innovative.

Tetris L
10th Mar 2002, 09:57 PM
RoXoR!!! :tup::tup:

I think in early May I'll take 2 weeks vacation or something. :D

Wow, I can't believe they confirmed this already. Usually they say "We're looking into it." until 1 week before release. :rolleyes:

ViperXL
10th Mar 2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Wowbagger
Yeah but it seems such a waste dropping it cause U2:s XMP really sounded promising and innovative.

So does UT2's multiplay :)

Well, the way they are releasing the 2 games now it makes sense to drop the MP from U2 because they wouldn't want to compete with each other