Um I need some help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Right I'm on a home network with a cable modem. I have been having a problem downloading some files. It's really wierd ..... no particular type of file just a few files I cant download. the other computer on the network can download these files fine. I'm not running any fire wall bar that on the router. Any ideas ?? oh Im running Win XP.
-How.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Don't know without more specifics. If you're having this problem with FilePlanet like sites (you know, wait 6 seconds and download will begin), you may have some java/ActiveX issues with this computer.

If the file type is common amond those that you can't download, is the source location common?

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
I'm talking sites like creative, Ati and microsoft as well the weired thing is that the other computer on the network will D/L no problem. It must be my PC but how do I fix it !! please I need to D/L MS java plug in
-How.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
It could be a lot of things. Incorrect IP and subnet mask can cause these types of problems.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
You know, you might be looking at some kind of firewall problem. Like your computer is not acknowledging received packets causeing the stalling. Are you using a software firewall? Does the other computer use the same one/version?