Errmm... weapon bobbing increased?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
I gotta say I'm amazed at progress the INF team is making according to the beta history page. My only gripe, which actually made me laugh at the thought of it, was how they increased weapons bobbing by 50%. In fact, it says they've increased weapon bobbing by 50% (for jogging) on TWO beta versions. Add 'em up... 100% increase in weapon bobbing. Now... why would they go off and do a silly thing like that? If anything the weapons bobbed too much in 2.86. Now they're increasing it? What's the deal here? Weren't most people in favor of decreasing weapon bobbing?

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
"most people" also run everywhere they go.....

hmm actualy if you do it twice its increased by 125%

100 +50% = 150
150 + 50% = 225

i think someone said the problem was that the weapon bobbed yes... but the actual bullets still shot right in the centre? or was that only acogs? anyway it is.... there definatly needed something drastic done to the accuracy while moving

dont shoot while your jogging or sprinting and no problem

wwwwww

Mar 26, 2001
I beleive that what you thought was too much weapon bobbing in 2.86 is infact head bobbing. I thing weapon bobbing is something else...

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
Ahhh yes... well whichever causes your screen and gun to shake like crazy. I agree that the accuracy should be reduced drastically while jogging/running. There's no doubt in my mind that something like that should be penalized. However it would look kinda silly to have the gun wave around like a crazy mofo right in front of you as you'd be jogging/running. It would feel like you're driving a speedboat or somethin'.

IIRC someone explained that IRL your eyes would regularly compensate for all the shaking by looking at a fixed point in the distance, therefore your view shouldn't bob so much. The same should be applied to INF, unless of course they are planning on adding more controls (like controlled breathing) where you can rhythmically pivot your eyeballs to dampen the bobbing effects.

Anyway I guess there's nothing much to do but wait. I just hope it's not what I think it is. The other thing did sound cool though. How the gun would rotate and not just bob up and down. Can't wait to see that in action.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
hmm i definatly dont thinkthers too much head bobbing....
when you run its impossible to keep your head at an even level
as it is attached the rest of your body

eyes adjusting for your head moving? hmm... only if they can somehow blur out everything close then?

and if your jogging or running you really "shouldnt" have your weapon up to you eye anyway

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Khral
However it would look kinda silly to have the gun wave around like a crazy mofo right in front of you as you'd be jogging/running. It would feel like you're driving a speedboat or somethin'.

Well said. I agree with you completely.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
I have had no expert training with weapons or anything and I may just suck, but I find it near-impossible to run and aim at a target with an airsoft replica.

My usual motto, what the team thinks best.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by Khral
However it would look kinda silly to have the gun wave around like a crazy mofo right in front of you as you'd be jogging/running. It would feel like you're driving a speedboat or somethin'.
- It's exactly like that in Night's Edge... it works VERY well to balance between run-and-gun and more careful movement (the bots are even worse than INF286's when it comes to that, but you can set their accuracy far higher and still have a decent chance in a head-on encounter), but yeah, it does look kinda odd. :p

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
All right! Since Angry Ice and Almost are SOOOOO mad that I posted a few threads about an Infiltration server I will post on more interesting topics that are laying around that might get pushed out the list since im posting so many threads.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
What's the point in bumping old threads?

And I miss FiringAimlessly, where did he go?

RosinCore

Dec 30, 2002
at Home.
Visit site
I think if you are truly hauling buttox then the gun is going to be all over the place... and isnt that really what the sprint(ing) is in INF? A mad dash for saftey? No way would my gun be even close to stable if I were running like a mad man for cover... I'm sure the jogging is still aim-able tho - even with the extra 50% bob-age.

w00p

Windows at its best
Hadmar said:
What's the point in bumping old threads?

And I miss FiringAimlessly, where did he go?
Try TTR forums, I used to see him quite much there...
(don't forget they moved out of BuF and turned into a crappy PHPBB board)
I HATE PHPBB!!! :mad: It sucks bigtime, has ugly smileys, is way less stable then vBulletin! Congrats BuF on staying on something that actually has charms.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
Actually, if you have 150 'apples' then add 50% more 'apples' you will end up with 225 'apples'

Mr. Chan, I accuse you of having missed that particular 3:d grade class! :)

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
C.Chan said:
wtf? 150+50=225

you did pass 3rd grade right?

http://www.aaamath.com/B/pct61ax2.htm
Finding the Percent of a Number

To determine the percent of a number do the following steps:

* Multiply the number by the percent (e.g. 87 * 68 = 5916)
* Divide the answer by 100 (Move decimal point two places to the left) (e.g. 5916/100 = 59.16)
* Round to the desired precision (e.g. 59.16 rounded to the nearest whole number = 59)
150 * 50 = 7500
7500 / 100 = 75
150 + 50% = 225
:)

PS
I bet I will be instaposted.
*edit*
I was right. Weeeee! Finding online resources for better effect takes up to much time. :D

Last edited: