No bots mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ablaze_shakal

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
Why doesn't this mutator work?!

class <mymutatorname> expands mutator

function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant)
{
if ( Other.IsA('Bot') )
return false;

return true;
}

This SHOULD get rid of the bots in a map even if I put 7 bots in it.

I really don't know what is wrong with this piece of code, please help me...

Ablaze_shakal

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
Sorry asked the wrong question...

Sorry... :D. Let me explain my problem.

I want to do some sort of Single player game for UT so I thought that making a mutator that limints the bot number to 0 would do it, but ... Now I know that the way to do this is with a Gametype. I tried to use the SinglePlayer game info form the original unreal, but it doesn't appear in the gametype menu in UT. So my new question would be:

How do you make a gameinfo appear in the gametype menu in the start practice window?

Thanks

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
It doesn't show up there because it has no .int file.
Create a new .int file and put this in it:
Code:
[Public]
Object=(Name=UnrealShare.SinglePlayer,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
You can then choose the Unreal single player mode from the practice session window.

usaar33

Un1337
Mar 25, 2000
Unknown
www.UsAaR33.com
Originally posted by namu
LMAO!

Bots are spawned after the game starts :D Just have your mutator change the number of bots in the game.

You know.. you have way too high of an opinon of yourself.

Mutators can affect actors whether they are spawned before or after the start of the game. Any actor that calls the global actor prebeginplay server-side can be affected.

As for it not working, no idea. you probably have some wierd peice of code elsewhere. But then again, that isn't a good way to get rid of bots.

BTW, is this a Single Player game with monsters?