PDA

View Full Version : Great Forum Guys!

Gwot
9th Mar 2002, 09:57 AM
First time here and I just finished scouring all the threads. I must say I'm really impressed with how civil and on topic everyone keeps things around here. Kudos to you members and moderators. I'll be sure and keep popping in as I can to keep on on things and even post occasionally.

Cheers!

Wowbagger
9th Mar 2002, 10:06 AM
Im a kinda n00bie here too but what the hell.

Welcome :)

SU3000
9th Mar 2002, 10:26 AM
hey there :).

Šork
9th Mar 2002, 10:35 AM
Hiya Gwot. You're getting about a bit today ;).

lol@Wowbie, 52 posts in 22 months = n00bie?

Gwot
9th Mar 2002, 05:58 PM
Hey Dork =]

Yeah, need to start making more public appearances and playing catch up with the community.

Hopefully you'll see more DE monkeys around as we get a little closer to the release. We're playtesting a lot now and I'd like to see what the community's expectations are for ut2. I'm sure it will help us to keep focussed on making a game everyone will enjoy playing.

Wowbagger
9th Mar 2002, 06:59 PM
Gwot, Do you work at DE?
If yes nice, we have all sorts of stupid questions for ya ;)

Seriously great to hear you guys will drop by here more were aching for info here.

Gwot
9th Mar 2002, 07:12 PM
Yep, active member of the DE Clubhouse. =]
I/we will try to answer whatever questions/whenever we can, so long as it pertains to info that is already officially released.

[IsP]KaRnAgE
9th Mar 2002, 07:55 PM
It would be nice if there were an option for classic translocator use :):D :D :D :D ;)

Cruciform
9th Mar 2002, 08:27 PM
Now that Gwot has pointed us over here, and I've done some skimming, I'll have to say I'm pretty impressed with the local community here.

It's definitely a step up from your average forum. People here are actually *civil*, wow! ;)

You'll start to see more of us as the word spreads around the office.

Cheers,
Cruci

BuLLsOnParade
9th Mar 2002, 09:18 PM
cool beans! http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Dai
9th Mar 2002, 09:35 PM
I know who Gwot is and what he does (he kind of stopped answering my ICQ messages some years ago, so I must've been bugging him alot ;) )

I don't know who Cruciform is though, and what you do :)

JohnDoe641
9th Mar 2002, 09:41 PM
Not enough spam here. ;)

Tetris L
9th Mar 2002, 09:55 PM
Nice to see more DE staff stopping by. Rhedd must have advertised the forum a bit. :)
Originally posted by Gwot
I/we will try to answer whatever questions/whenever we can, so long as it pertains to info that is already officially released.
Bastard :p If the info was already released, we wouldn't have to ask, right?! ;)

One thing, guys: Are you aware of this thread/poll (http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157044) around the translocator in UT2? 260+ votes and 200+ posts on the matter. Some good points made; definetly worth reading. In a recent preview it was mentioned that you are "looking into" the possibility of a toned-down TL. Have you come to a conclusion yet?

Gwot
10th Mar 2002, 12:44 AM
Yeah Tycho pointed that thread out to me the first time I stopped by the Unreal Ops channel. I don't think anyone has to worry about us killing the translocator or changing it so drastically as to ruin it's effectiveness in ut. We all realize it is one of the defining aspects of the game and wouldn't want to jeapordize that. =]

Dr Slue
10th Mar 2002, 01:02 AM
Wow. I've never met someone from "Canadia" before.
Its cool to see some DE people around. Do you know if/when there will be an 'official' UT2 board over at the infogrames boards?

Tetris L
10th Mar 2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Gwot
I don't think anyone has to worry about us killing the translocator or changing it so drastically as to ruin it's effectiveness in ut. We all realize it is one of the defining aspects of the game and wouldn't want to jeapordize that. =]
Umh ... as I'm one of the 35% that would like to see the TL to be toned down or dumped alltogether, that's not exactly what I wanted to hear. :hmm:

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you've seen the thread, as I think it is a good summary of the various opinions about the TL.

Wowbagger
10th Mar 2002, 03:12 AM
Great hes a DE dev and i practically called him a n00bie, good start ;) :)

hal
10th Mar 2002, 07:55 AM
We're glad you found our little UT2 Forum, Gwot! :tup: Thanks for the kind words.

Prophetus
10th Mar 2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Wowbagger
Great hes a DE dev and i practically called him a n00bie, good start ;) :)

LOL

Don't worry Wowbagger I made a similar mistake when I first came around. Once in IRC, Yellow5 came in and I welcomed him as a n00b. Didn't realize he was one of the admins. Thank goodness he didn't mind, because months later, he gave me the chance to be an admin for Planet Unreal:).

Who knows...you might wind up at DE:)

Šork
10th Mar 2002, 02:12 PM
Wowbie,

If you paid attention on the Ina UC forum you'd know who Gwot is :D.

*cough*Lead Modeler/Animator*cough*

The_Inflictor
10th Mar 2002, 02:30 PM
Okay then, animation question:

Will we be able to hump? I can see some peeps in the OT forum being very disappointed otherwise ;)

Wowbagger
10th Mar 2002, 02:39 PM
lol Prophetus :)

@Dork, done, :o

Edit: just noticed, you guys give just anyone Moderator status here omg this place is falling apart :(

Just kiddin congrats TL :tup: ;)

[IsP]KaRnAgE
10th Mar 2002, 03:33 PM
yes yes, we must have humping...

LordKhaine
10th Mar 2002, 04:20 PM
Humping is more vital to UT2 than the xloc, if you ask me.

Yeah, im another xloc hater :)

SU3000
10th Mar 2002, 05:05 PM
To give another opinion: I like the xloc, a lot :).
But I do agree with the others, humping is a must. (just not so it can be bound to movement / fire keys).

Prophetus
10th Mar 2002, 05:07 PM
Notice how all the virgins want UT2 to have humping??:)

Dr Slue
10th Mar 2002, 05:14 PM
well how much do you want it? :p

NeoNite
10th Mar 2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Cruciform
Now that Gwot has pointed us over here, and I've done some skimming, I'll have to say I'm pretty impressed with the local community here.

It's definitely a step up from your average forum. People here are actually *civil*, wow! ;)

Really? I mean yes ofcourse most of the times. Sometimes though...
Nah nevermind :) welcome to buf hope you enjoy your stay blahblah leave insanity and the chickens on the porch and blah blah.. :con:
you know. :)

Šork
10th Mar 2002, 06:29 PM
Oops, missed Cruciforms arrival, too much excitement today.

Hi Mike and welcome.

Could you tell me what a writer does on a multiplayer game?

If not, then how about what you do? ;)

Zaccix
10th Mar 2002, 06:42 PM
Kewl, the DE crew made it over. Welcome, guys. :)

Myrmidion
10th Mar 2002, 07:36 PM
Oooh, we have been visited by the Gods of UT2 (specific though they be :)), and found to be good. :)

(Incidentally, will you pay me to kill Zaccix? I've been meaning to, but someone needs to give me the train fare to London :))

Prophetus
10th Mar 2002, 11:39 PM
/me slaps Myrmidion with a m-m-monster trout

Excuse him, he's on special medication.