PDA

View Full Version : Zoom

Jehuty
5th Mar 2002, 02:13 PM
A mute that allows you to zoom in with any weapon would be cool.

Nemephosis
5th Mar 2002, 04:11 PM
offline only: open your UT console and type

set input x fov 15 | OnRelease fov 90

x=any key you want to bind

now pressing this key makes your FOV 15 degrees (zoom in) and releasing it makes it 90 again.

Jehuty
5th Mar 2002, 04:26 PM
Can't this be made into a selectable mutator instead of something u type in a console?

someguy_99
5th Mar 2002, 04:45 PM
Fussy, aren't we?

Jehuty
5th Mar 2002, 04:49 PM
Me no fussy.
Me no speak English anymore either.

Nemephosis
5th Mar 2002, 08:05 PM
....... I just typed the damn thing out for you. I'd hope no one wastes their time on a mutator that does this when you can take 10 seconds and type it out yourself.

And yeah, that's called being fussy.... :p

Pxtl
6th Mar 2002, 11:16 AM
Still, a mute that unlocks that cheat-protect feature might be a good idea - bind a new key to the sniper's zoom, give the rifle a new alt-fire, then it could be played on a LAN.

I mean, it'd really be nice to be able to zoom with the minigun - I love using zoom and the starting machinegun in Q3, it'd be cool to use in UT. Still, it'd be pretty useless with most of the other guns except the shock rifle and some mod/mute weapons.

I know there are ways to do it already, but it'd be good for instagib too, especially with instagib mods that make good use of the alt-fire (instacombo). Really, this suggestion does have some merit to it - I've played enough Q3 to miss the zoom key. Still, I'd rather it be Q3's zoom - hold the button down and zoom to x4 or whatever it zooms to, release and it returns.

Perhaps allowing wider FOV's would be cool too - I've always loved mods that copy AvsP and widen the FOV when you hold melee weps - might be a good substitute for close-combat weapons, but then you'd want it as a toggle, not a button, so you're not holding down the wideview (normally zoomview) key when carrying the Flak Cannon.

See? The concept does have possibilities, just for a little mute.

Nemephosis
6th Mar 2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Pxtl
Still, a mute that unlocks that cheat-protect feature might be a good idea - bind a new key to the sniper's zoom, give the rifle a new alt-fire, then it could be played on a LAN.

I mean, it'd really be nice to be able to zoom with the minigun - I love using zoom and the starting machinegun in Q3, it'd be cool to use in UT. Still, it'd be pretty useless with most of the other guns except the shock rifle and some mod/mute weapons.

I know there are ways to do it already, but it'd be good for instagib too, especially with instagib mods that make good use of the alt-fire (instacombo). Really, this suggestion does have some merit to it - I've played enough Q3 to miss the zoom key. Still, I'd rather it be Q3's zoom - hold the button down and zoom to x4 or whatever it zooms to, release and it returns.

Perhaps allowing wider FOV's would be cool too - I've always loved mods that copy AvsP and widen the FOV when you hold melee weps - might be a good substitute for close-combat weapons, but then you'd want it as a toggle, not a button, so you're not holding down the wideview (normally zoomview) key when carrying the Flak Cannon.

See? The concept does have possibilities, just for a little mute.

Unlocking cheat protect feature: somewhere in your unrealtournament.ini (I think) is something called bAllowCheats or something like that. Set it to True. (I'm not sure if this lets you zoom, or use admin cheats as you were an admin. Have to try it out yourselves I guess.)

Thing is, everything you guys want is already here. You just need to be not so damn lazy and look for them ;)

Pxtl
6th Mar 2002, 04:58 PM
I know that, but the point is that I don't think there's a way to unlock specific cheat controls, as opposed to opening the whole pandora's box of mayhem. You play like that, even on a lan, and sooner or later someone's gonna summon themself an instagib for ****s and giggles, and then it all goes to heck.

Mutes don't have to be big, powerful things to be useful. Besides, often doing something simple opens up to more interesting mutes. I'm still hoping someone will make a more functional chasecam, one where you can aim and not stare at your own player's ass.

arcanex
7th Mar 2002, 10:53 AM
Coding this is easy, but since you can type it in the console anyway it would be kinda useless and needlessly redundant.

It's usefulness would be multiplayer th0, so that the admin can enable this mute and give everyone the zoom ability.

Jehuty
8th Mar 2002, 03:52 PM
I typed it wrong and it stayed on zoom online or off. It was pretty cool. I could snipe with the shock rifle online and people said I had an aimbot.

Nemephosis
8th Mar 2002, 05:20 PM
WHAT!?

What do you mean you typed it wrong.... I typed it out exactly as you would need it. All you needed to do was cut, copy and paste.

Jehuty
8th Mar 2002, 05:35 PM
I wrote it down on a piece of paper.

arcanex
9th Mar 2002, 03:39 AM
The server pr0||y had bAllowFOV=true .

Nemephosis
9th Mar 2002, 10:42 AM
Try it again but this time cut it into your clipboard before you load UT. Then load UT bring up the console and paste it. Be sure to replace the X with any key you want or else the letter X will be used for the zoom.

Jehuty
9th Mar 2002, 02:15 PM
I already did. I retyped it after I typed the wrong one.

Nemephosis
9th Mar 2002, 06:33 PM
ummm.... did it work?

Jehuty
9th Mar 2002, 09:54 PM
Err...No it didn't :D

Nemephosis
10th Mar 2002, 09:15 AM
Okay we have one more option.

Open your user.ini file and scroll until you find all the key bindings. Find an empty key, or a key you want to overwrite and cut and paste this:

FOV 15 | OnRelease FOV 90

it should read x=FOV 15 | OnRelease FOV 90 where X = the key you replaced

now, this WILL work cause that came straight out of my ini and I don't have a problem with it.

Let's see how this goes :)

Jehuty
10th Mar 2002, 10:07 AM
I was lieing.

Nemephosis
10th Mar 2002, 10:32 AM
I suppose I should be mad, but instead I'm relieved that you're actually not totally inept at this...

Jehuty
10th Mar 2002, 01:53 PM
What does inept mean?

Nemephosis
10th Mar 2002, 04:48 PM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I think you know perfectly well what it means. :D