Bazookas and Rocket Launchers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Has anyone ever mentioned having some kind of bazooka or rocket launcher in Inf? Granted, I don't know how practical/realistic/well-ballanced adding one in would be, but hey, doesn't every FPS need a rocket launcher?
*Imagines a newbie trying to rocket jump in Inf. Heh heh heh.:rl:

CoMaNdore<TBF>

#define _FAMAS_USER_H
Jan 1, 2002
Norway
irc.tizite.com
dint inf have a rocket launcher in some early beta ??
and it was removed in 2.75 becase it was to "un-needed" with out any armored tanks n' stuff !
Plz corect me if I am wrong !

Nny the devourer

MG Whore
Feb 21, 2002
Hell
Visit site
well there was at some time (and may still be) vehicular intent......but only time will tel;l and at such time (also hopefully with a u2 engine port) when terrain becoms large enough we may see mortars, law rockets and the such..........

however even without armor you could have a use for rpg's, but then again I think about how much the average public server squad allreday has in dollar value eqiupment wise, and it makes you think.......hmmm would my military ok this expediture to kill off 8 guys? hehe. But yes toys that go boom are fun.

MadWolf

[AFA] Support team
Mar 4, 2002
Piacenza, Italy
Visit site
I have a bad experience with bazzokas in multiplayer.
I tryed to play Medal of Honor over internet, and i found on a 32 players game, at least 5 or 6 players with bazzokas fragging everyone in sight. Bazzokas make all kind of games Quake 3 style.
1 of such wepons should be allowed for each team, anyway at the moment there is no need.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
On that point(sort of) are there any plans to have limitations of the number of 1 type of weapon a team is allowed, I think it'd be really good if you had to choose your role in a team instead of just what loadout. Ok you could change your should be able to change your main weapon but only from a list that ties in with the role you have chosen.
-How.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I tryed to play Medal of Honor over internet, and i found on a 32 players game, at least 5 or 6 players with bazzokas fragging everyone in sight. Bazzokas make all kind of games Quake 3 style.
Damn, I didn't think that could happen in a real mod. Normally, I would think that an m16 would pick you off before you got the chance to go Q3 style, since the reload time in RL is so slow.
Ok you could change your should be able to change your main weapon but only from a list that ties in with the role you have chosen.
That could be advantageous, but I think one of the things that the team stress about Inf in the info sections of the site is how Inf has no role-playing elements- ie no class system; if you wanna be the team sniper, then you pack a PSG in your loadout. If over-powered weapons do get implemented in Inf, then they may change their minds, but untill then I'm guessing they're pretty into the non-rpg element of Inf.
Anyway, I don't know much about real RPGs, I was just thinking it would be a good alternative to the grenade launchers, since it travels line of sight instead of lobbing. If the cost would be an issue, then they could just do what they did with the PSG-1; make it really f-in expensive. That would also be a good way to enforce team "roles' without resorting to a class system. If all you can carry is an RPG and a sidearm, then most people aren't going to use it unless they really need it, and they aren't going to go Q3 style because they won't be able to afford using so many rockets.