Eightball-Jump

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KU

Jan 8, 2000
Melbourne
In "Skytown", I have found something really interesting.
Instead of moving all those levers to open all those doors, simply "eightball-jump" onto the roof of one of the buildings and travel around by jumping from roof to roof (like a thief).

------------------
Mind Maps/Mnemonics Matter!

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Well, that "eightball jump" must be one thing of unreal I´m unfamiliar with.
What is it?

bullet2.gif

I am the creatoR of all.

afgam

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
basically, its a rocket-jump, but using the eightball cannon. just firing straight down and jump at the same time and it will push u higher than a normal jump

KU

Jan 8, 2000
Melbourne
Do keep in mind the fact that "eightball-jumping" decreases a fair amount of health. I recommend getting some health from a provious level or so.

bullet2.gif

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
it's quite easy. take a book, stay on it, and shoot it with dispersion gun. This will raise u up to the sky....nice thing in singleplay...u will get to places u never thought.
:)

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
The book flying is very cool. Everyone should try it but it is better standing back and watching someone else when they are doing it.

You can also ASMD jump with the alt fire.

Also, you can use the goop gun to put down a big blob and then jumping on it. When it explodes it will throw you higher than you can normally jump and it doesn't take away as much health as the eightball but doesn't get you as high.

The ultimate in "flying" is in coop or team games when you can load up 6 eightballs in a group and aim at a teammates feet. This works very well to get a partner to good sniping spots (like the hills in Tundra) and he doesn't lose any health in getting there so he can withstand a few more hits without getting killed.

:)

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Nifty I'll try book flying again.

I prefer Unreal to the Quake series but one thing the Quake series admittedly does do better is the rocket jump. Rocket jumping in Q3 (a game which I don't actually like much) is great fun.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

KU

Jan 8, 2000
Melbourne
Rocket-Jumping, in Quake, was actually a bug. Later on, it turned out to be a good bug so they kept it in.

bullet2.gif

KU

Jan 8, 2000
Melbourne
If you have previously registered, but forgotten your password, click here.

bullet2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.