PDA

View Full Version : Dx 8.1.....

DigitalW
3rd Mar 2002, 07:38 AM
(/dumb mode)I installed Direct X 8.1, only to find out that my cards do not support it(dumb mode off)

I read that the only way to get rid of it was to reinstall windows, but I've tried, and it does'nt work. I have a new GeForce 3 card on the way, but I'd like to fix my problem so I can play games untill the new card gets here.......

Any suggestions?????

Rukee
4th Mar 2002, 09:37 AM
you can`t unload Dx.....
sorry.
you`ll have to reformat if you can`t wait....
you`ll prolly want to reformat with that new video card anyway.....don`t want any left over drivers in there to screw things up with the new card.

OO7MIKE
4th Mar 2002, 09:34 PM
Not exactly.
there is no "easy " way to do it...but a few guys who didnt like doing it the hard way created a nice program called:
DirectBuster
http://downloads.overclockersonline.com/DirectBuster.exe

If your graphics card doesnt support the new features supported by a new direct X....there is no reason to upgrade.
Im running on DX 8 and not 8a or 8.1 because my drivers for my v5 dont support anything above dx8. So i dont upgrade.

DigitalW
9th Mar 2002, 09:22 AM
Thanx for the info Ruk,and Mike......My new card is here, and I love it.......but, the fan stay's on continuously on the gf3 card, and i'm not sure if it's supposed to. Also, in system information, i saw that a few drivers didnt install.....one of them is NVPCL.hlp(which I know isnt a driver), and NVagp.inf(which kinda bothers me).
The handbook, says to install NVagp.inf manually, but I cant figure out how to do it, for the handbook doesnt help on that part.....:(