Have problem (GF3 Ti 500)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NikonStudios

Cpt. Lord Nikon
Aug 30, 2001
Belgium
users.pandora.be
I had 140 FPS on my INTEL 800 and now i only have 75 FPS on my new XP 1800+ ?? don't get it the same UT setup ... and it runs slower please help me.
I had a GF Tweak program but i lost it so if you have it post the url here please "I Thank You"

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
Give us more specs of your system. I assume you tried the obvious stuff: turn off vsynch in the control panel?

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Last edited by a moderator:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Originally posted by Ballistophobia
You wouldn't be pissed if you got a better processor yet got worse fps? Keep this in perspective, NTKB. :rolleyes:

No I wouldnt if all my other crap ran faster. From what it appears he mentioned just INF running "slower" hence it is pointless to complain. Besides 75 FPS is almost as much as his refrsh rate! You cant even see a difference beyond your refresh rate since the FPS dont display past that max.

Now if he noticed lesser performance overall with everything I would say he has a defective proc and needs to exchange it. Or download the latest chipset drivers, that might help

NikonStudios

Cpt. Lord Nikon
Aug 30, 2001
Belgium
users.pandora.be
First of all Thanks "Ballistophobia" for the URL !!!

My System : XP 1800+ , 768 DDR RAM, Audigy, MSI PRO 2 MOBO, GF3 Ti 500, And two old 5400 PRM HD's (20 GB, 13 GB)

75 FPS is good but i had more on a lower PC so thats way i Pissed. i hoop the tweak program helps me ;) i'll edit this if it works - Thanks all for responding to my crys ;)

EDITED: Yes the tweak works fine thanks agen

Last edited:

NikonStudios

Cpt. Lord Nikon
Aug 30, 2001
Belgium
users.pandora.be
Look at this ;)

In Unreal Tournament
Shot0000.jpg

In INF
Shot0002.jpg

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
If your motherboard uses a VIA chipset, I'd recommend getting the latest drivers from VIA's website (4in1s). It's hard to increase the performance of somebody's machine remotely, but I can tell you that that score is much lower than it should be, something is quite obviously not right. Try running another app like 3dMark and tell us your score. You can also try posting to www.amdmb.com, they tend to be pretty knowledgeable over at that forum and can help you solve most any problem with your Athlon system.

As for the argument about FPS and the human eye. You guys are comparing apples and oranges. Yes, the eye can't really discern anything over the mid to high twenty FPS, however that doesn't mean that having 100FPS is lost information. This is the same principle that movie cameras work. The "framerate" which they run at is similar to the human eye -- yet the motion captured by them seems very fluid and lifelike -- and that is because the camera leaves the shutter open for the right amount of time. This amalgomated image is how our brain is able to see the world as continuous. This extends to video games as well. If you are running at 100FPS then you will see many of these frames "at once" making the game easier for your brain to spatially understand. (my last job was programming graphical test cases at the dept. of physcology vision lab at University of California, Irvine)

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
lol I noticed I run at about the same FPS with my poor old T-bird 1100 Mhz and V5 5000, I checked the same area in EP and i got around 95-115 fps in that spot.
Can't wait to get that XP1700+ and blow the GeFarces out of the water :)

NikonStudios

Cpt. Lord Nikon
Aug 30, 2001
Belgium
users.pandora.be
Upgrade info

I have a NEW:
(From - To),(Old - New)
Mobo: Abit BE6 - MSI K7T266 Pro 2 (VIA KT266A Chipset)
Prosessor: Intel 800 - Ahtlon XP 1800+
VGA (AGP): GFrorce 3 ti 500 (Win2000/Xp Drivers) - GFrorce 3 ti 500 (Detonetor 3)
RAM : 768 SDRAM - 768 DDR SDRAM
Sound: Soundblaster Life value 1024 - Audigy Advanced

i hoop this is all ya need guys ;)

PS: Framerate is good but not wat it must be right ?