PDA

View Full Version : IRC problems...

Cryognosis
1st Mar 2002, 06:11 PM
ok, my brother is getting real disperate for excuses to keep me from looking at forums, chatting at chatrooms, or doing anything on my own free will.

This time, I apparently can't go in IRC channles anymore because when someone enters/leaves it always shows the IP. So what I need if I want to chat in the IRC channles anymore, I have to figure out a way to keep the IPs from being shown to everyone whenever I enter/leave a IRC channle...

...is there anything for that?

DeaJae
1st Mar 2002, 06:16 PM
make your self a proxy.... or find a secure shell acount to use as a BNC...

Cryognosis
1st Mar 2002, 06:18 PM
how do i make myself a proxy...?

FireSlash
1st Mar 2002, 06:19 PM
www.mouselike.org
clikc chat :)

Syri
1st Mar 2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by FireSlash
www.mouselike.org
clikc chat :)
damnit! i was about to say that!

DeaJae
1st Mar 2002, 06:33 PM
^easiest way

Clayeth
1st Mar 2002, 06:35 PM
someone sounds kind of paranoid

SkummyB|BuF
1st Mar 2002, 06:38 PM
pffft.... IP numbers are easy as f**k to get anyways

Cryognosis
1st Mar 2002, 06:40 PM
in reply to every message involving www.mouselike.org :

...but from the looks of it, I can't go on to other IRC servers, like irc.enterthegame.com ... maybe i'm just misunderstanding...?

(added)
hmmm... but he didn't give me those 2 AA batteries for my GBA to convince me... :D

Terminal {DTH}
1st Mar 2002, 09:31 PM
that's one of the things i Love about my ISP! people can track my ip# down to the town the server is in but that dosnt mean that I am there myself, and (here's the best part) no one can pull up ANY actual personal information about me myself! WHEEEE!!!! :D :D :D

FireSlash
1st Mar 2002, 09:55 PM
all you can get from my IP:

i use roadrunner
i live in 'columbus' which could be nearly anywhere. theres more than one columbus, just one columbus as a capital of a state.