PDA

View Full Version : Rockets UT 1.1

Wormbo
1st Mar 2002, 12:04 PM
Hi @ all!
:rl:
Rockets UT is back with the new version 1.1 (beta).

What's new?
- Mercury Launcher zoom has a nice reticle
- new blinding effect for the Flash Missiles
- volatile ammo is included
- movement prediction for Mercury Launcher zoom
- Frag Missiles should cause less impact on performance
- select, which missiles should use the Missile Cam View
- some other stuff (can't remember :rolleyes: )

Download:
RocketsUT110beta5.zip (http://www.koehler-homepage.de/wormbo/RocketsUT110beta5.zip) (5.6 MB)
RocketsUT110beta5.rar (http://www.koehler-homepage.de/wormbo/RocketsUT110beta5.rar) (4.7 MB)

Wormbo
1st Mar 2002, 06:20 PM
I forgot: Screenshots (http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/753/)

Raden
1st Mar 2002, 07:09 PM
If the file keeps getting larger every time you touch it, please, stop! ;):D

Jesus now I have ANOTHER one to download :D

monsoon3
2nd Mar 2002, 12:04 PM
I enjoy this mod ALOT! Let me ask you this, does this version come with Enhanced items? Or is it compatible with the current one? :cool:

Wormbo
2nd Mar 2002, 01:45 PM
The currently available version of Enhanced Items should be compatible with Rockets UT, but only if Rockets UT is reinstalled after Enhanced Items.

I'll update EI and Combo InstaGib (*pimp*) to fix this problem.

EasyRaider
3rd Mar 2002, 07:37 AM
You just gotta love Rockets UT!

Two things though:

The seekers home in on enemies even if you don't have a lock. IMO that makes it a little bit too powerful. And it seems strange that you get a lock after a while, but it doesn't matter if you fire it earlier.

The flash effect persists after you have died and respawned. I hope you can fix that.

Wormbo
3rd Mar 2002, 07:58 AM
Homing missiles are auto-locking, the target lock is intended to work as "target selection" because the missile might decide to attack another target than you wanted it to attack. Maybe speed up the target lock?

Oh no, not the flash effect again! :D
This little bugger kept bots from dying before this release. (They were dead alright, but they had no idea, how to respawn.:rolleyes: )
I'll work on it.

monsoon3
3rd Mar 2002, 08:47 AM
Yes, I have to agree with Easyrider, maybe you can make it where you can configure the flash in the menu to lessen it or leave it out all together, nice sound effect though! And also, I may be asking too much here, lol, but have you considered modeling your own rocket launcher, not that it needs it, but I just thought it'd be cool to to go all the way with this! :D

Wormbo
3rd Mar 2002, 09:03 AM
I'm an absolute ZERO at modelling. :rolleyes: I didn't even manage to create models for the larger rockets, because I couldn't figure out how to start.

/me slaps himself for not buying truespace 3 when he had the chance. :(

You're right, the blinding is kind of strong.
/me gets another sheet of paper to continue writing down the ToDo list...

EasyRaider
3rd Mar 2002, 09:10 AM
Target selection, heh? Fine, but in that case the lock should be almost instantaneous IMHO.

BTW, I think the seeking grenades should auto-lock, too.

Wormbo
3rd Mar 2002, 09:19 AM
OK, but in this case only primary fire. It would be unbalanced if you fire four grenades which attack enemies in all directions.