PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 favorite DM maps for UT?

SkaarjMaster
1st Mar 2002, 10:02 AM
Here are my top 10 favorite DM maps for UT, not in any order (let us know yours):

1on1-Magdalena
Anubis
Beholden: Observatory Revisited
Defiant
Helleth][
Knee Deep In The Dead
Liandri Central Core
Organic
Sion
Splendor

Here's the ones that were considered but didn't make the cut:
007-Archives
1on1-Lego][
1on1-Revenge
Alpu-TOURNEY
Empowered
Escherland][: Eschertown
Falkenstein
Hellish Orders
Memento Mori
Nali Castle][
Nalis Azure][
Q]|[-House Of Pain
Sands][
Temple Of Brutality][
Unsettled
UT-Tourney][
UTCP-No Limit
Venom][
War Zone 2: Ad Dominus

It was tough for some of the new maps to dethrone some of the old favorites; some newer ones snuck in there, either in the top 10 or the ones considered. What are your favorite DM maps for UT?

Machismo
1st Mar 2002, 04:33 PM
well here again anubis ... hmmm i remember thinking the lighting was horrible in that map.

no offence but its much like the color of this forum :p

Memento Mori no way does it make my list - so what if it was made by worch.

errr someones gonna come along and hammer me for this but Falkenstein makes my list but definitely not as a Top 10 favorite DM map for UT

SkaarjMaster
1st Mar 2002, 09:17 PM
Just for the record, Anubis is number one! I know the lighting may not be right and the bots get stuck in a couple spots, but it's a fun map with the underground area and the middle room, redeemer/ripper room, etc. Like I've told my team members, someone else must review this map, because I would be a bit bias.

Hey, what's wrong with the color of this forum? ;) It may be a bit bright, but you sure can't miss it or mistake it for another forum. Actually, I'm getting used to it already.
[edit] our forum used to have two diff. shades of yellow!

I don't know who made it, I've just been playing it online recently and having fun. Like I said, it was considered because of it being an old classic, but it wasn't picked for the top 10.

Falkenstein is just an incredibly awesome looking map and the fact that you can go up and up and up those stairs to the top of that tower. Can you imagine a CTF with flags at the top of each tower, hehe; no that would be insane.

Machismo
2nd Mar 2002, 12:02 AM
Mark 'Oz' Austin actually :D. the flow is great i gotta admit.

lophead
2nd Mar 2002, 03:41 AM
I never liked Anubis and could never understand why CliffyB put it on his Ownage site. I suppose it was considered good because it was one of the first decently constructed custom UT map.

Also about the colour scheme, there should be alternate shades of yellow from one post to the next. This however wont change it too much, itll still be fairly "happy happy."

Homeslice
10th Jul 2003, 01:23 AM
None of mine, that is for sure.

In no order:

DM-HellBells
DM-Amon
DM-Ionium
DM-1on1-Elysium
DM-Tihocan
DM-Ricordo
DM-1on1-Ictus
DM-1on1-Remorc
DM-Halls_of_RedemptionV2
DM-PianoHorror

Man, so hard to choose from that many I have on my hard drive! (I've got close to a 1,000 UT DM maps alone!)

SkaarjMaster
10th Jul 2003, 09:44 AM
Holy moly Homeslice, OK, you get the Insite UT map whore award! ;)

One of these days, I'll update my favorites list for UT and start one for UT2003 as well (which I actually had here until BuF screwed the moose :().

Homeslice
10th Jul 2003, 02:01 PM
Why thank ya.

Thunderstrike
18th Jul 2003, 06:54 PM
Well, it's always about personal preference, isn't it?

How about these (my faves in no particular order):

Venom ][
Nali Temple
Affinity
Agressive Tendencies ][
Cypress
Raiden
Frantic
Impact Tourney
Synergy
1-on-1 Mnemosyne

Top of the list? Ooh, toughy. My guess would be either Cypress or Agressive Tendencies][. AT][ may not be the most visually stunning map, but I can play on it for hours on end. Cypress just flows like the Amazon... on and on and on... :) I also have a soft spot for all of Lruce Bee's work, all of Faceless' work and Ritual. It may sound anal, but I also still play on my own first two maps a fair bit, Azwahtemh and Rustamorai. They are nowhere near the stellar titles above but I made them and I enjoy playing on them (despite the occassional groan!) :).

SkaarjMaster
18th Jul 2003, 11:16 PM
Ah, yes, all good maps. AT][ is definitely an oldie and a goodie! :tup:

Mxtrmntr
19th Jul 2003, 11:50 AM
In alphabetical order:

DM-1on1-DavidM][
DM-1on1-Lego][
DM-Amon
DM-Brunel
DM-Chimeara
DM-Hyperboreal (and it's SGTech1 version, DM-HyperSG1-Te)
DM-Obsessive
DM-Roon
DM-Salient
DM-SunTzu

DeRailer
23rd Jul 2003, 06:36 AM
In no particular orders

1on1-DavidM
1on1-Ictus
1on1-Revenge
Adversity
Aisha
AlpuTourney
Amon
Chronos
Nitro
Seraphim

kawakaka
29th Jul 2003, 08:34 PM
1. Frozen
2. Exhumed
3. Eternal Death
4. BlueFjorge

That's all :lol:

SkaarjMaster
29th Jul 2003, 09:41 PM
Only one problem, that's for UT2003, not UT. ;)

paranoia
1st Aug 2003, 03:30 AM
There are sooo many!

In no order

DM-Seraphim
DM-Ianus
DM-Hyperboreal
DM-SunTzu
DM-LastCrusader
DM-Adversity
DM-Riftway (from BUF Mappack)
DM-Jadedbeauty
DM-Ragnarok
DM-1on1Corner

SkaarjMaster
25th Sep 2003, 09:25 PM
I'll be updating and editing my lists in here and other threads like this over the next month or two. I may even be adding more threads, hehe. :D

Thunderstrike
25th Sep 2003, 11:11 PM
Soon you'll have enough threads to go out in public! ;)

SkaarjMaster
25th Sep 2003, 11:30 PM
:lol: :biggrin2: