Should I reinstall?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I have a bug where after a certain time defragmenting and recently virus scanning and also while saving in deux ex once (it fuxxored my save and for some reason I forgot to save earlier and was miles back :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ) my new computer gives the error message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I decided that was enough and decided to fix the damn error and on microsoft it says it's a hardware bug with drivers, as i've installed tons of drivers and things and don't know what it could be should I reinstall my computer or try and fix this?

BTW it's a windows XP/NT bug...

[Another update] I tryed defragementing in safe mode (so there are no drivers stopping it) and it said PFN_LIST_CORRUPT instead which is apparently bad drivers as well! Looks like I may have to reinstall anyway :(

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
you must be getting a lot wrose than me. my comp is fine and stable apart from that happening every couple of days or so. the only thing i can suggest is try as many diff drivers as possible but make sure you do clean installs and uninstalls (prolly more inportant). also make sure you have yer latest motherbaord and chip set drivers. tell me if its via chipset

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
i dunno what the irql is but IRQ is a hardware related thing for from the bios, its the number hardware gets in your pc, so a 3d card will get an irq number, network cards, modems, soundcards, everything, and if too many pieces of hardware have the same IRQ number you could get some bad stuff, you can check the irq's in the bios or in windows, but dunno where anymore, prolly administrator tools, check if you dont have too many things with the same number, certainly for big things like 3d cards, if you do then you gotta change the number cause that mighty fix it, but then someone else needs to help for that cause dunno how to change the number

and sometimes when you install a new driver over an old one the old one was so sucky it left stuff behind, and the new one will get corrupted more or less, i had that with my new pc, i updated the drivers but the old one let **** behind with the results of chrashing every 15 minurtes :\ fixed with a format

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
you might want to try this site. i mine of info.

the bios manufacturer is diff to the motherboard. phisically have a look at the motherboard. it may have it stamped on. it will certainly have something on it such as a model name/number.

another thing to try is to go to packard bell's site and look up the model number or name of the pc. that should be somewhere on the case assuming you bought a package rather than building it yourself

Originally posted by Hourences
i dunno what the irql is but IRQ is a hardware related thing for from the bios, its the number hardware gets in your pc, so a 3d card will get an irq number, network cards, modems, soundcards, everything, and if too many pieces of hardware have the same IRQ number you could get some bad stuff, you can check the irq's in the bios or in windows, but dunno where anymore, prolly administrator tools, check if you dont have too many things with the same number, certainly for big things like 3d cards, if you do then you gotta change the number cause that mighty fix it, but then someone else needs to help for that cause dunno how to change the number

and sometimes when you install a new driver over an old one the old one was so sucky it left stuff behind, and the new one will get corrupted more or less, i had that with my new pc, i updated the drivers but the old one let **** behind with the results of chrashing every 15 minurtes :\ fixed with a format

Go type the error message in a search engine and you will find that IRQL is nothing to do with IRQS (I also checked my IRQ before I checked about it on the internet).

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
If its left over crap from old drivers, then it's nothing that RegCleaner and Det.Destroyer cant fix.

However, if its been a while, you may want to do a Partition/Format of the hard disk.

(I have heard of problems with upgraded OS's, try the full version??)