PDA

View Full Version : Extended Mod Menu

Jehuty
28th Feb 2002, 04:50 PM
Is there anything that makes the mod menu longer?

Raden
28th Feb 2002, 05:08 PM
A higher resolution. ;)

Seriously though I'm not sure why Epic never included a simple scroll function. Boneheads.... :)

Jehuty
1st Mar 2002, 03:12 PM
I still can't see the end if i change the resolution in UT. IT works if i change it in the Display thing in the Control Panel

RegularX
1st Mar 2002, 03:46 PM
How many mods do you have listed??

You know, technically, someone could write a mute/mod for it. However, it would probably be listed on your menu in a place that couldn't be seen, so it would do you no good....:)

rgx

someguy_99
1st Mar 2002, 11:40 PM
Just delete a few that you don't really use anymore.

Morter
2nd Mar 2002, 12:01 AM
A nice alternative is to highlight the last one you can see, and press on the down arrow. Most mutes and mods should have a descriptions, others'll have "press esc to play" or something of the like. This, in my opinion, is better than deleting a few, because I did it and I found this way out.

Wormbo
2nd Mar 2002, 07:33 AM
It is possible to replace the mod menu by creating a new one and changing this in UnrealTournament.ini:[UMenu.UMenuMenuBar]
ShowHelp=True
GameUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTGameMenu
MultiplayerUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu
OptionsUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTOptionsMenu
ModMenuClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenu

Jehuty
2nd Mar 2002, 10:22 AM
Replace?

Wormbo
2nd Mar 2002, 01:00 PM
Yes, you can replace the Game, Multiplayer, Options and Mod menus by editing UnrealTournament.ini.

You can code a subclass of UMenu.UMenuModMenu which has the additional features (scrolling or submenus) and then search for "UMenu.UMenuModMenu" in UnrealTournament.ini and replace it with the new menu class you have created.
But I want to warn you: Coding with UT's UWindow system and especially the menus is a very complex thing. It's completely different from coding in the Actor system. I suggest you first try to construct a configuration window for something before taking the final step to the menu system.

Jehuty
2nd Mar 2002, 02:05 PM
I didn't understand a word... And why don't your site work?

Wormbo
2nd Mar 2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Jehuty
I didn't understand a word...
Uhm... Ok. Basically I wanted to say that you can change the menus, but it's difficult.

I don't know what's up with my homepage. I had reports of problems with downloading files from my homepage before. Maybe I should move to a more reliable server.