Unreal 2 Delayed...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
...possibly.

According to GameFaction (don't know anything about 'em)

We don't like to bring you bad news twice in one day, but Infogrames Unreal 2 has been slightly delayed and now will be released on 21st June 2002.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Most likely that means Epic will push UT2 a little further from it's current release date too.
But whats new with those developers anyway...

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
Well, I know I want something that feels buggy, incomplete, and like a complete waste of time. But that's just me, the average impatient consumer. ;)

I second that motion, Balli. Take your time (June's when I get my new 2 ghz rig :D)

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
It'll be a good time to upgrade the processor. I'll be getting the 2.2ghz atlhon XP only in July though.
Nay screw 2.2, 2.6 will be the way to go then. :D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
That's not bad news ... that's good news as I simply will have a faster pc by then :)
And why only 2.6 ? I'd go for the 3 GHz monster ;)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Originally posted by Catalyst
Damnit :mad:

Originally posted by Goat F<u></u>ucker
I second that notion, Cat

Bah. Just gives us more time to get ready. I nearly crapped out a kitten when I saw the thread. I though we were talking delayed as in September/October delayed.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
The game is finished for its most but wasn't sure of using the new math engine for physics and collision. In a recent interview, the team wanted to add this math engine but didn't seem to convince the journalist because obviously there was a lack of time...
My guess and conclusion is that they will finally use this goodie as well... :)

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Yes, take the time to add the new math engine! There's only a few games that reach the arete that Unreal games are able to and I dont wanna see them start to put out s<b></b>hit. After the whole Tribes 2 fiasco, I will NEVER want a game to come out till it's truely finished and fully tested.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Math Engine....?

Quick soldier! I need to figure out if I can get near this wall! What's 2+5???

Uh....9 sir. Yea, 9 that's it.

*WHAM*

(INF_Player has cratered on a wall)

Damn undereducated army recruits :mad:

;)