PDA

View Full Version : Ops Maps

Vago
24th Feb 2002, 07:20 PM
Hey, all. I haven't been around for a while (Lacked the time.) But in that while, I thought I'd do the community a favor.

So far, all I've been good for is pointing out little things, this or that, and asking newb questions. I don't make maps or skins or textures. But now I've found my calling, and whether you guys find a use for it is up to you.

Below I've done a few tactical maps for some maps that I play often for those clans that want to organize routes for their team BEFORE a match, making practice much more organized.

Vago
24th Feb 2002, 07:23 PM
Actually, that's just one, and all you're gonna get here.

bastardb
24th Feb 2002, 08:16 PM
hmm i was actualy thinking about messing around with some uscirpt to try and make a pre-deployment mutator that would bring up a map like that and let (someone) draw a plan on it for the team

most likely to work with random team spawn... since that mutator is the best thing to come to inf besides ra

FiringAimlessly
24th Feb 2002, 08:47 PM
I finally know where the workshop is now!

Thanks, man.

randomas
24th Feb 2002, 08:52 PM
That cool!

Now if only we could use maps like that ingame a la GR ......

Vago
24th Feb 2002, 08:52 PM
Any time.

<P^R>Imperial
24th Feb 2002, 11:17 PM
many clans such as TBF already have this. Infact we have the map divided up in a grid with sectors for ease of communication. Also UTP has made a program that displays a map overhead and allows the server to draw on the map and anyone connected sees those lines which allows for realtime path planning and anyone watching can point out suggestions, worries etc. Making it easy to lay out a plan of attack.

bastardb
24th Feb 2002, 11:24 PM
in game???

or a seperate program?

<P^R>Imperial
25th Feb 2002, 12:05 AM
its a seperate program we use before matches.

Keganator
25th Feb 2002, 12:51 AM
Wha? Where is this 'program' I have not seen such a proggie!

And BTW...it wouldn't work for most maps ingame. UT does funny things when it trys to display 1500+ polys at a time...like crash :(

FiringAimlessly
25th Feb 2002, 12:53 AM
I have not seen it either... but then I've yet to be in a match. :hmm:

In-game we'll just need an overhead image of the map...

Freon
25th Feb 2002, 03:59 AM
a texture would be the solution
like in the last HL version for the HLTV
but it would require a BIG texture (or many small) because UT has some pbs with textures greater than 256x256

you can draw things on the screen, i've seen this in the harry potter game (yes, it uses the UT engine :( )

Vago
25th Feb 2002, 09:24 AM
Geez, way to steal my fire, /=-. :p Well, anyways, just thought I'd try something for the community.

<P^R>Imperial
27th Feb 2002, 09:38 AM
Keg and FA check the members forums UTP was talking about it under Rgreenes post. Anyways its almost done and should be up for download in the members section soon but ive tested it and it is awesome!