Downloaded maps for Practice ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

Ive been to a few servers and have downloaded maps that were running on them.. But when I try to start a practice session with BOTs, those same maps arent available to play on. When I look in the UnrealTournament/Maps folder, the maps I know Ive gotten are not in there ?? Any info on this would be appreciated.. Thanks

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
The downloaded maps are in your ut/cache folder. They have stupid looking names. You must rename them to their original name and file type. There is a file in that folder called cache.ini where the filename is stored. Just rename the corresponding files and then move them to their respective folders. There may be texture and sound files included with some maps, so make sure to put them in their respective folders. You may have to guess at the proper file extension, but the maps should end with .unr, and sounds with .uax , and texture files with .utx. If you don't get them properly named, pay close attention to the error message that comes up when the game crashes. It will tell you the exact name of the file it is looking for. You may have misnamed it or it may be in the wrong folder.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
....or you can use UTMap that does all of that for you.......
http://www.unreality.dk/ezunreal/

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
it's coded by easy...should be pretty bug free. I used UMap trouble free. I haven't had any problem d/l ing maps with my trusty new cable modem so I haven't had the need in UT..

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

G

Thanks for the info, but that little program link (1.5 MB full version) is dead ?