Bad service

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
About 3-4 months ago, we got cable installed. It all started that the technician was already at our house when I came home. (I'm kind of the nerd of the family, so I always have to be there when something has to be installed). Anyways, he was sitting at my dad's computer, which havn't been formatted ever, and this thing is like 3 years old. Now he had already installed the netcard, but couldn't get the cable up and running. I then offered to let him use my computer. After 4 hours of sitting there, without getting the cable working, he found out both the router and one of the lines was defect. After replacing them the cable worked like a charm.

Less than a month later, the connection suddenly didn't work from one day to another. (This was on a tuesday, I think). I called in Thursday and told that I couldn't connect to the internet. They told me they'd have a technician call in friday between 3 and 4. Now I told them I'd like the call earlier, but he couldn't arrange that. So friday, after waiting patiently for the phone call, the time was 15:30 and I had to catch a train. So I didn't recieve that call.

The next monday I called and told them the connection didn't work, I also told him what the techsupport had told me earlier. The techsupport guided me through some minor changes and told me to reboot in 30 minuttes. I was happy because I finally thought that they had solved the problem. However 30 minuttes later, I rebooted and the connection still wasn't up.

The following day I called in again, and told them what the other techsupporters had told me and he did the same thing as the previous techsupport and told me to try and connect 10 minuttes after he hung up. I did. The connection still didn't work. At this point I started to get pissed at the company who was supposed to be the leading company with good service (yeah, right).

I called in again and told them what I had told them earlier. The techsupport then said, that I had some distortion on the line and he'd have a tech guy come look at it. Now the tech guy did show up, but the retard couldn't find what he was looking for and had to leave without getting the connection back. He arranged for a guy to come the following day and find whatever it was he couldn't find.

The next day I called in again, still with no connection and told them what I've done the last times. He then said, I could expect a call later that evening. I waited, and when they called back (it wasn't the same person as before) He told what he'd been ask to do. Which wasn't what I asked for. :mad:
Now I was pissed.

A couple of days later I called again, and they finally send a tech. Now at this point I was set up on getting the connection back, which we hadn't been up for a little over a month.
Well, the retard couldn't do ****, and when he left the connection still wasn't up. He did, however manage to get around the following day, which did get the connection up. So after about a month and alot of phone calls, it turned out the switch had gone defect! :mad:

All of this could have been done within a week if their infrastructure was wellplanned, which it obviously wasn't. We just paied for a whole month of cable which we didn't get.
:mad:

This thread didn't have any point. I just wanted to let of steam. Thank you for your time...

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
Bullsh<b></b>it, call then and say you want that month free of charge. If thy don't, then say "then you've just lost a customer". Don't put up with that crap, that's what they're betting on.

Fu<b></b>ck corporate america, where profit comes before customer satisfaction

Aeris

K.O.S (Determination)
Aug 9, 2001
Basking in African sun
Sounds like the fu<b></b>ckin idiots that installed my cable, took 1 month to repair a fractured cable out side my house, an an additional week to get together a 'pulling team' (which consisted of 2 technitions) to acctuly hook the cable up, then the drivers on the CD they gave me wouldnt work, it was a nightmare.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Ewwww... cable net access is only entering service around here, but DSL has been around for over half a year already, and the quality is superb - I got it up and working in no time flat, and haven't had any problems with it yet.

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
I got Earthlink DSL not too long ago...Maybe it's been about a year, I like it a lot. Set it up by myself, but it took about a whole day to figure the damn thing out. It was pretty complex, but I was glad that I finally did it.

But here's where the trouble began. For some reason, you have to connect using some crackhead dailup thing, which doesn't always work 100% effectively. I ended up calling those bastards at least a dozen times, each time with a different answer. They couldn't seem to keep they're **** together. It turns out that they in fact gave me a wrong activation date, that was postponed.

So, I waited for another month without DSL, and when the day came where they were supposed to flip the switch, still...not high-speed internet :(. So, I called once again, and they said..."Oh, sir, your ****ing date was ****ing switch a-****ing-gain. Please lick my sac while I put you on hold, maybe technical support can help you." This really pissed me off.

First of all, they made me wait for about 2 months after ordering the damn thing, and then they made me wait 2 MORE months after they were supposed to activate the account. BULLSHEET!!!

I've been waiting for about a year to tell people about the ****ty ass service they gave.