Preview of the new HUD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Strait of the TbuildT sight. This pic is the best because it not only shows the new HUD but the SAW while aiming through the iron sights :)

Shot0067.jpg

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
The M249 is gas-operated. When combined with a regulator, only gas operation can effectively control the available power to the specific needs of the moment. The M249's rotary gas regulator is a simplification of the FN MAG's regulator. It has two positions, normal and adverse, and is hand-adjustable. The adverse position increases the cyclic rate somewhat and it can be expected that fire-team leaders will all too often opt for this alternative. If this is done, however, it can be expected that reliability will deteriorate due to the increased cyclic rate.

Remtek

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Is gun over-heating going to be an issue now?

Hrmm...the Minimi probably will have better accuracy on the low setting, just so everyone isn't running around with full power ALL the time.

Originally posted by Puppeteer (Ghepetto)
Is gun over-heating going to be an issue now?

Hrmm...the Minimi probably will have better accuracy on the low setting, just so everyone isn't running around with full power ALL the time.

1) Don't know. I haven't played 2.87 yet. But I have my doubts about the team suddenly implementing something they have been against before.

2) You mean it would be more controllable on low? Yes. But being more accurate in MoA terms, no.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Low is 700RPM (about the same as an assault rifle)

Low would be good for when your trying to save ammo (like when your working with m16 mags) or when you standing crouching, since it will be easier to handle the recoil, so it's more usefull when your one the move.

High is 1000RPM (faster than the P90) and is probably only usefull when in the prone position, or when your enemy is tightly grouped and ya need to tear them all up.

Gennerally recoil should be very small anyhow since the weapon is nearly 2X heavier than the m16, and just a little bit longer. While firing the same ammo. (though technically it's actually got a smaller barrel, but that would probably more noticeably effect accuracy more than recoil) So my prediction is that on LOW the M249 will handle like a full auto m16 but who knows.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Heh, if I can make one 30rnd clip seem like a50 round clip when doing suppresive fire, imagine what I can do with 200rnds..... Suppresive fire doesn't work in INF, well, cause there are no weapons that can realy cary out the task in 2.86. The AKMSU has too much recoil, the P90 has too high a rate of fire (and a short clip, well, for its rpm, anyways) Heh, I can't wait!

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by TheChronoTrigger
so... you use the low setting for supression fire and pump it up to high when you are locked on someone I guess. although supressive fire doesn't work in inf
And get your arse severly kicked by the Armourer. A very common cause of failures of FN MAGs is due to the 'orible erks cranking the regulator up to get a higher rate of fire. Worst case I've seen was a weapon I failed at inspection and returned to workshops BR (Thats Behond Repair) as it was cracked around the breach and regulator due to excessive RoF.

Personally I think its a BAD idea to have put this feature in as long term reliability and wear and tyear on weapons isn't an issue in INF people are just going to have the damned thing set for the higher RoF all the time.

BTW someone suggested the low setting for saving ammo. You do that by firing short controlled bursts at identified targets.

6mm

Shooting first..shooting some more......
Originally posted by TheChronoTrigger
although supressive fire doesn't work in inf

roflmFao
so your gun doesn't come with a trigger?

Picture this.... Kosovo.... 2 minimis, 2 M203s and 1 kamikaze M9/Desert Eagle maniac is firing away at a house which this guy is trapped in.... oh and 2 guys with MP5s have just crossed the bridge and are about to sneak around back...

:D