CTF-SquirrelRun by same author as Boomerang!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Squirrel4

Jan 26, 2002
Visit site
The map is basically done. I am going to tweak a few lights, try to kill all bsp errors, fix skybox a bit, and perhaps a few more little fixes, but besides that it is done. I would like as much input as possible, don't worry about hurting my feelings... tear into the map and let me know if it sucks, or at least what sucks about it. Go at it!

-I guess the file is too big to attach here so you need to follow the link below to get the file... sorry.
http://www.chapman.edu/~sprig100/UT/CTF-SquirrelRun.zip

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
yes lighting needs work. Layout felt like Aquamarina and TwinValley, very stretched and uniform. Not sure if this is a good thing ;)

I took pictures lemme get those up.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
The above pic:

The Shock and RL tables seem to tall to leap up, quite annoying if you miss. There's no trim on the doorways, and the wall texture sucks. If you, in general, gave your walls some more depth via brushwork, they'd look much better.

I think the scale of the entire map is a bit off to be honest, worse so than your last one which was forgivable. Maybe 1.5 times too big everywhere it seems.

The ramps in the flag room have nothing under them.

The below pic was to illustrate that your poly's weren't merged on this arch trim/support. There also needs to be some transition between grass and dirt. The ouside area looked good, except for the size.

Overall a nice map, but I think the playability will suffer because of the size problem.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by Chrysaor
The above pic:

The Shock and RL tables seem to tall to leap up, quite annoying if you miss. There's no trim on the doorways, and the wall texture sucks. If you, in general, gave your walls some more depth via brushwork, they'd look much better.

I think the scale of the entire map is a bit off to be honest, worse so than your last one which was forgivable. Maybe 1.5 times too big everywhere it seems.

The ramps in the flag room have nothing under them.

The below pic was to illustrate that your poly's weren't merged on this arch trim/support. There also needs to be some transition between grass and dirt. The ouside area looked good, except for the size.

Overall a nice map, but I think the playability will suffer because of the size problem.

Squirrel4

Jan 26, 2002
Visit site
Good info Chrysaor. I will probably move down those little tables. I will also try to improve the wall textures. I did however try to merge the brushes you were talking about but it didn't work. I merge some others, but those didn't work for some reason... I will try harder I guess.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Do you have 436?

Just unmerge them (separate;)) and then build geometry. Then align them as wall direction and wall pan. Then merge polys, and build geometry again, and it should select as one solid face on the blunt ends of those 2D extrusions.