Overclocking is addictive

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I already started to bump up the new processor(Athlon xp1700)

Cpu Vendor AuthenticAMD
Cpu Name AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+ (Palomino)
Internal Name String AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+
Family / Model / Stepping 6 6 2
Cpu Clock 1590.8 MHz
Clock multiplier x 11.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 144.6 MHz (DDR)
Package Socket A
Technology 0.18µ

I haven't really tried to push it to the limit yet,I want to break it in a bit first,but not too shabby so far ;)

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by Twisted Metal
Don't you need to do something with a pencil on the processor to overclock?
I was told the XP`s are cut with a lasor and there is a valley that needs to be filled before making the connection. I was told you can just use reg heatsink grease to fill the gap......then use a liquid conductive ink on the head of a pin to make the connection. Cover with a piece of clear tape to keep eveything from smearing.....and that`s it.
I was also told the old pencil trick won`t work with the XP`s, because of that valley cut by the lasor.

I have a XP1800 and it posts as a XP2000 with the FSB at 146mzh....but I can`t change the multiplyer without doing the little trick first.

Fomhoire

Internet Addict
Dec 24, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
AMD uses something that looks like a circuit board for the XP chips. The burn a small valley between the contacts to make it cost prohibitive for PC shops to overclock the processors and sell the computers as if they had a faster-rated processor.

12.jpg

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
155*7.5

only keep the multiplier at 7.5 because it wont let me change it (in this vesion of the BIOS anyway)

this board however can take my cpu (1.0 ghz athlon T-bird) to 1.425 on standard air cooling. i keep it at 1.125 because i havent unlocked it yet.

Cieprus

Mapper...In Progress
Feb 17, 2002
~America~
www.geocities.com
Im here to have you all get a good laugh...I have a 600 Mhz AMD clock at...600 Mhz...No it doesnt And its got windows XP with 256 MB 133 Mem...Still pushin but I need a new comp...Dont ya think?

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
ive got a duron 800, id like to overclock it, cos im getting an athlon blabla soon. and i just wanna overclock it right now and see how high nd stable i can get it.
Anyone knowm where i can find a complete and detailed tut to do this??? cos i havent been able to find one yet :(

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
Originally posted by Fomhoire
AMD uses something that looks like a circuit board for the XP chips. The burn a small valley between the contacts to make it cost prohibitive for PC shops to overclock the processors and sell the computers as if they had a faster-rated processor.

12.jpg
http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/AMD/AthlonXPUnlock/

I'm thinking about doing it :)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I overclocked my rig too, but it wont allow me to go any higher, if I do it won't boot :(

AMD 1333Mhz @ 1460Mhz
10*146

This is only FBS clocking tho, I could try the multiplier next :)