chinese symbol thingys

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I believe they are called "kanji" (or is that for the Japanese, crap I don't remember)

WiLD2

W4NG
Funny this thread should pop up ^_^

I was going to post this thread tonight so I could get a head start on studying Japanese (yes, I know this thread is for Chinese) but the link from krYstAl has helped. Kanji... I'll be on my way to understanding imported Japanese games in no time.

WiLD2

W4NG
WOW! Thanks, Mr <*)_>< !!!

I'm serious about learning Japanese and this will really help me get a head start on at least identifying the symbols (46 in Katakana and Hirigana... 1800 in Kanji :eek: ). I spent all last night reviewing/memorizing the associations of the kanji alphabet (there were only 45 kanji characters on the first kanji site). I haven't gotten around to putting pronunciation with meaning and symbol yet. I don't know if that will be necessary as I'm not planning on speaking it right now, only on reading the symbols and understanding them.

Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself here. I can't even read what your avvy says.